Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6213902 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
MPSA:
Soweto grin, Barack Obama was once in Soweto, Go Soweto grin

The lady next to president obama, She is the one on the right hand side from the main picture of 1976
Obama had to pay his respect.Soweto is where SA legends and icons were born
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
In oil and Gas sector

What is the point?

Deleted post.

You are no where close.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
[sup][/sup]
MPSA:

Sure Brother, I will see them later, now I am taking a break grin
lol you are killing me nowgrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
In entertainment industry

Still no point. You are not close.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
In military /Defence

Kenya is still not close to Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
In banking sector

Kenya is still not close.

Lack of banking infrastructure promoted the use of mobile money. We boast of mobile banking not because we don't have mobile money but because mobile money is meant for Kenyans. grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
In Economy

Still not close. Many states in Nigeria will dwarf Kenya in economy.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
In sport

You are still not there. Kenyans are only notice when it comes to long distance race because many Kenyans run from Mambosa to Nairobi on a normal day so it's in the blood. Apart from that nothing else from Kenya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shizzy7(f): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:

OK nice 1. But which states did you pick for deployment?
OSUN, Adamawa, Plateau and Abia.
My friend said the northern states will be really cold because January is harmattan season.

So I want OSUN.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
I still don't see any reason why I should continue this comparison with Kenya. Kenya is not just there.

Am just wasting my time.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
shizzy7:
OSUN, Adamawa, Plateau and Abia.
My friend said the northern states will be really cold because January is harmattan season.

So I want OSUN.
Yes, but this year is not as cold as last year. I just arrived Abuja from Bauchi today. The weather is not really harsh like it use to be. But Yola will be extremely hot by February/ March I just pray you are not posted there.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:
In transportation sector

Railway

Kenyans are constructing about 300km railway from mombasa to Nairobi while Nigerians are constructing about 1100km new standard gauge railway from Lagos to kano and another 1000km from Lagos to Calabar. Total is 2000km+. The other old narrow gauge line concession to General Electric is still there and Several other state governments are building light rail in their States.

NIGERIA- 3,984 kilometers of track

Railways in Nigeria are operated by the Nigerian Railway Corporation. Nigeria's rail system has 3,984 kilometers of track, most of which is Cape gauge. The country has two major rail lines: a western line that connects Lagos to Nguru, and an eastern line that connects Port Harcourt to Maiduguri. The Lagos–Kano Standard Gauge Railway is being built in segments to replace the western Cape gauge line.

KENYA- 2,066 metre gauge kilometers of track & Standard gauge 800 kilometers of track
Kenya boasts of two railway tracks, the old and the new modern SGR standard gauge Railway line which is 90% complete.
Kenya-Uganda railway- The former Uganda Railway, was run by the company East African Railways. It jointly served the present countries of Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya. Since the dissolution of the EAR corporation in 1977, the national company Kenya Railways Corporation runs the former Uganda Railway and its branches in Kenya. The most important line in the country runs between the port of Mombasa and Nairobi, sleeping car accommodation is offered for tourists.

In 2006, the Rift Valley Railways Consortium led by South African companies took over the operation of the Kenyan and Ugandan railway network on a contract lasting 25 years, with the opportunity of renewal. After criticism from the Kenya Railways Corporation, RVR doubled the frequency of service, and also imposed restrictions to reduce train derailments caused by the ageing infrastructure.[5]

RVR run passenger trains within Kenya only, primarily from Nairobi to Mombasa but also to local towns such as Kisumu. Passenger services on these lines are offered on peak periods only. Freight services are the bulk of RVR's operations.

In 2008, agreements were made with Uganda about gauge standardisation.
The Mombasa-Nairobi SGR is the biggest infrastructure project in Kenya since independence. It will shorten the passenger travel time from Mombasa to Nairobi from more than ten hours to a little more than four hours. Freight trains will complete the journey in less than eight hours.The Class 1 line will have a superior design catering to robust and low-maintenance requirement. The new line will run parallel to the existing meter gauge railway and the Mombasa-Nairobi Road or A109 Highway for the most part. It will deviate at certain points to attain the desired gradient and curvature.The freight terminals will be located at the Mombasa port and the Inland Container Depots at Embakasi in Nairobi. The railway line is designed to carry 22 million tonnes a year of cargo or a projected 40% of Mombasa Port throughput by 2035.

CONCLUSION- Kenya has a far superior train system compared to the length of the total kilometers of both rail systems. Kenya cant stop winning in this variables.

6 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shizzy7(f): 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:
Yes, but this year is not as cold as last year. I just arrived Abuja from Bauchi today. The weather is not really harsh like it use to be. But Yola will be extremely hot by February/ March I just pray you are not posted there.
Ajala travel all over the world....

I'll prefer the cold to hot abeg, I'm already dark in complexion, I don't want to burn. Amen oooo, I even detest the Long hours drive.
I wonder why your fans are just staring at your posts.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:
In transportation sector

In road transportation
In 2013 Kenya has about 11,000 paved roads, while as at 2004, Nigeria already has 28,000km paved roads. Almost three times that of modern Kenya. What will happen if we use 2015 record?

ROADS
NIGERIA- 923,768 sq. km
-The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Raji Fahola (SAN), lamented the poor infrastructural deficit in the country, saying that the country only constructed about 28,980km out of the 193,200km total length of her road network since 55 years of its independence.
KENYA - 581,309 km2
-According to the Kenya Roads Board, Kenya has 160,886 kilometres of roads. 13,900 kilometres of this are tarmacked.

Conclusion is while Nigeria is 2 times the size of Kenya, Kenya has a wider coverage of tarmacked roads than Nigeria by 2015. Kenya is in the process of finishing 8000 km of tarmacked roads by 2017 to its existing 13,900km to make it 22,000km. Nigerias ratio of tarmacked roads to countries size compared to kenya falls short to 1:100. KENYA TAKES THE CROWN IN ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

NIGERIA- 3,984 kilometers of track

Railways in Nigeria are operated by the Nigerian Railway Corporation. Nigeria's rail system has 3,984 kilometers of track, most of which is Cape gauge. The country has two major rail lines: a western line that connects Lagos to Nguru, and an eastern line that connects Port Harcourt to Maiduguri. The Lagos–Kano Standard Gauge Railway is being built in segments to replace the western Cape gauge line.

KENYA- 2,066 metre gauge kilometers of track & Standard gauge 800 kilometers of track
Kenya boasts of two railway tracks, the old and the new modern SGR standard gauge Railway line which is 90% complete.
Kenya-Uganda railway- The former Uganda Railway, was run by the company East African Railways. It jointly served the present countries of Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya. Since the dissolution of the EAR corporation in 1977, the national company Kenya Railways Corporation runs the former Uganda Railway and its branches in Kenya. The most important line in the country runs between the port of Mombasa and Nairobi, sleeping car accommodation is offered for tourists.

In 2006, the Rift Valley Railways Consortium led by South African companies took over the operation of the Kenyan and Ugandan railway network on a contract lasting 25 years, with the opportunity of renewal. After criticism from the Kenya Railways Corporation, RVR doubled the frequency of service, and also imposed restrictions to reduce train derailments caused by the ageing infrastructure.[5]

RVR run passenger trains within Kenya only, primarily from Nairobi to Mombasa but also to local towns such as Kisumu. Passenger services on these lines are offered on peak periods only. Freight services are the bulk of RVR's operations.

In 2008, agreements were made with Uganda about gauge standardisation.
The Mombasa-Nairobi SGR is the biggest infrastructure project in Kenya since independence. It will shorten the passenger travel time from Mombasa to Nairobi from more than ten hours to a little more than four hours. Freight trains will complete the journey in less than eight hours.The Class 1 line will have a superior design catering to robust and low-maintenance requirement. The new line will run parallel to the existing meter gauge railway and the Mombasa-Nairobi Road or A109 Highway for the most part. It will deviate at certain points to attain the desired gradient and curvature.The freight terminals will be located at the Mombasa port and the Inland Container Depots at Embakasi in Nairobi. The railway line is designed to carry 22 million tonnes a year of cargo or a projected 40% of Mombasa Port throughput by 2035.

CONCLUSION- Kenya has a far superior train system compared to the length of the total kilometers of both rail systems. Kenya cant stop winning in this variables.
Are you drunk on something? How did you come to that conclusion?
The old rail lines is about 4,000km and it's will be taken over by General Electric January 2017.

Several light rail project have been completed and new 2000km+ standard Gauge line are already under construction with part of it operational already.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:
In transportation sector

Aviation

Kenya Airway (national carrier) nice 1 to have but how many local players are in your aviation industry. Nigeria has about 20 local players in the industry. With almost all the states having at least 1 airport each.

AIR TRANSPORT

NIGERIA- Population-173m
Nigeria’s principal airports are Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. Three other international airports are Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport in Kano, Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu and Port Harcourt International Airport in Port Harcourt. Overall, Nigeria’s airports, whether international or regional, suffer from a poor reputation for operational efficiency and safety. Private domestic air carriers began to win business at the expense of Nigeria Airways, the former government-owned national airline which was declared bankrupt in 2004. The national flag carrier of Nigeria was Air Nigeria, in which Virgin Atlantic owns 49% and the remaining 51% by Nigerian investors until Virgin withdrew from the partnership on September 18, 2009. The national flag carrier then became Air Nigeria which suspended operations in 2012. Arik Air is now a large airline serving Nigeria and has transported over 10 million passengers.

KENYA- Population-44m
Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, is Kenya's largest airport and serves the most destinations. Some international flights go to Moi International Airport in Mombasa. Kisumu Airport was upgraded to an international airport in 2011 and a second phase of expansion is under way. In 2012, US Navy Seebees built a major new tarmac runway at Wajir Airport that can take heavy aircraft.
Kenya Airways Ltd., more commonly known as Kenya Airways, is the flag carrier of Kenya.[4] The company was founded in 1977, after the dissolution of East African Airways. The carrier's head office is located in Embakasi, Nairobi,[5] with its hub at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.[6]

The airline was wholly owned by the Government of Kenya until April 1995, and it was privatised in 1996, becoming the first African flag carrier to successfully do so.[7] Kenya Airways is currently a public-private partnership. The largest shareholder is the Government of Kenya (29.8.%), followed by KLM, which has a 26.73% stake in the company. The rest of the shares are held by private owners; shares are traded on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange, and the Uganda Securities Exchange.[7][8]

Kenya Airways is considered one of the leading Sub-Saharan operators;[9] as of January 2013 and was ranked fourth among the top ten African airlines by seat capacity, behind South African Airways, Ethiopian Airlines and EgyptAir.[10] The airline became a full member of SkyTeam in June 2010, and is also a member of the African Airlines Association since 1977.
They have local domestic flights which include Jetlink, Fly540, KQ and Jambo jet.

Conclusions: Kenya has a more vibrant air transport with 1 international carrier and 4 domestic carriers serving a population of 44m. Kenya airspace enjoys different flight carriers from other reputable airlines.
Nigeria lags behind in Air transport
KENYA WINS AGAIN.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:

Are you drunk on something? How did you come to that conclusion?
The old rail lines is about 4,000km and it's will be taken over by General Electric January 2017.

Several light rail project have been completed and new 2000km+ standard Gauge line are already under construction with part of it operational already.
The problem with Nigerians is that they have a terrible phobia of researching on any issue, quick to open the mouth but slow to discern on flimsy things.
nrc.gov.ng
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Railway_Corporation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Boyedex: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
[b]Nigerians are in Kenya and it's making these ones already go giddy. Nigerians are hustlers everywhere and even though I can't speak for the conduct of every individual, many are doing legally well in whatever country they are. Very successful set of people. But it doesn't end there. A lot of Nigerians are successful in their home country too. In fact, the Nigerian rich class cannot be compared to any African rich class of color. Nigerians are lavish in taste. And my statement made some people jealous? But it's the fact. Even the SA government committed specially to wooing the Nigerian rich class to come and spend in their economy. I'm against it but it's always been the reality.
This whole infrastructure argument, think about it this way, if you are to combine everything you find in the 36 States of the country into one, it would outstrip what y'all have in Kenya by far. In Nigeria, every 36 state has a capital that tries to become a major city. Some even have 2 or more. Resources are divided among them even though not efficiently enough cuz of many years of corruption. In Kenya, attention is given to Nairobi, Mombasa and a few other towns. This explains why in totality, Nigeria will always be bigger than Kenya and a close match for South Africa. What South Africa has going for it is the sophistication of their development, but Nigeria definitely has more of the elements of infrastructure, whether sophisticated or not. And Nigeria is closing up this gap with newer developments second to none on the African continent. Give her a few more years and y'all should come and continue this dumb comparison with us. [/b]
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

ROADS
NIGERIA- 923,768 sq. km
-The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Raji Fahola (SAN), lamented the poor infrastructural deficit in the country, saying that the country only constructed about 28,980km out of the 193,200km total length of her road network since 55 years of its independence.
KENYA - 581,309 km2
-According to the Kenya Roads Board, Kenya has 160,886 kilometres of roads. 13,900 kilometres of this are tarmacked.

Conclusion is while Nigeria is 90 times the size of Kenya, Kenya has a wider coverage of tarmacked roads than Nigeria by 2015. Kenya is in the process of finishing 8000 km of tarmacked roads by 2017 to its existing 13,900km to make it 22,000km. Nigerias ratio of tarmacked roads to countries size compared to kenya falls short to 1:100. KENYA TAKES THE CROWN IN ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE.

It's seem Kenyans are dull. How is nigeria 90 times bigger than Kenya.

Nigeria already had 28,000km+ of paved road as at 2004. Tell me there was no construction in over 12 years. All 4 presidents since 2004 didn't construct any road you dummy.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2085.html

You are here coating a politician. Am sure your politician make you compare yourself with Nigerians just to make you feel they are working.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
Boyedex:
[b]Nigerians are in Kenya and it's making these ones already go giddy. Nigerians are hustlers everywhere and even though I can't speak for the conduct of every individual, many are doing legally well in whatever country they are. Very successful set of people. But it doesn't end there. A lot of Nigerians are successful in their home country too. In fact, the Nigerian rich class cannot be compared to any African rich class of color. Nigerians are lavish in taste. And my statement made some people jealous? But it's the fact. Even the SA government committed specially to wooing the Nigerian rich class to come and spend in their economy. I'm against it but it's always been the reality.
This whole infrastructure argument, think about it this way, if you are to combine everything you find in the 36 States of the country into one, it would outstrip what y'all have in Kenya by far. In Nigeria, every 36 state has a capital that tries to become a major city. Some even have 2 or more. Resources are divided among them even though not efficiently enough cuz of many years of corruption. In Kenya, attention is given to Nairobi, Mombasa and a few other towns. This explains why in totality, Nigeria will always be bigger than Kenya and a close match for South Africa. What South Africa has going for it is the sophistication of their development, but Nigeria definitely has more of the elements of infrastructure, whether sophisticated or not. And Nigeria is closing up this gap with newer developments second to none on the African continent. Give her a few more years and y'all should come and continue this dumb comparison with us. [/b]

They don't even know Nigerians are in Togo and Benin republic even down to Gambia.

FYI, what we have in Lagos Alone will finish Kenya.

The biggest project in Kenya since independence is 300km railway from Mambosa to Nairobi.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
Boyedex:
Nigeria has more of the elements of infrastructure, Nigeria is closing up this gap with newer developments second to none on the African continent.
Are you kidding me or are you ignorant?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:

They don't even know Nigerians are in Togo and Benin republic even down to Gambia.

The biggest project in Kenya since independence is 300km railway from Mambosa to Nairobi.
Hahahaha....... i wont even take you seriously anymore.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

The problem with Nigerians is that they have a terrible phobia of researching on any issue, quick to open the mouth but slow to discern on flimsy things.
nrc.gov.ng
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Railway_Corporation

I think you have problem reading to understand.

The biggest project in Kenya since independence is 300km railway project from Mombasa to Nairobi and you are comparing yourself to Nigeria. You must be sick.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Boyedex: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:

Don't mind them. I kept talking about Lagos and they misinterprete it to be paradise. If Lagos were to be run like an independent country, it would be richer and more successful than Kenya. The number of activities each day in Lagos will dwarf everything they do in Kenya. Yet they come up to do dumb comparisons. Well I blame so many years of ineptitude government.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:
In transportation sector

In maritime sector.
You have 2 sea port but Nigerians have 6 currently with 2 more loading.

Still not in the same league.

BIGGEST AND BUSIEST PORTS IN AFRICA
http://www.portsevolution.com/news/item/africa-s-biggest-shipping-ports
1.Durban, South Africa

Port of Durban as popularly known is Africa’s most active general cargo port. It is situated a block away from Durban’s central business district and plays a key role in S.A’s economy.

Being Africa’s largest container port, it handles most of the seagoing traffic in comparison to the other ports in South Africa.

This port welcomes about 4,500 vessels yearly and about 8,3000 containers per month, it conducts trade worth over $45billion.According to the Port Management Association of Eastern and Southern Africa, it handled about 44.8 million tonnes of cargo of cargo in 2013-2014.

2. Mombasa, Kenya
Port Mombasa, often referred to as “the city of merchants” dates back to the times of Portuguese exploration, it has been and remains a busy trading post for the region which could be attributed to its strategic location between South Africa and the Gulf of Aden.

It is a key gateway to East and Central Africa. It provides a direct link to about 80 ports worldwide and a railway line runs therefrom to Uganda and Tanzania.

With 18,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (teu) and a container capacity of about 250,000 teu per year, Mombasa Port now handles about double this volume.

The teu is an inexact unit of cargo capacity used to describe the capacity of container ships and container terminals. It is based on the volume of a 20-foot-long (6.1 m) intermodal container.

3.Djibouti

Djibouti’s ports are crucial to its geo-strategic importance both in military and economic terms. They serve as a passage for Ethiopian trade and a platform for the transhipment of goods.

This involves the outflow of container and bulk cargo from larger vessels to be redistributed to East Africa and Arabian ports.

It provides a secure regional hub for transhipment and relay of goods. China is also directly involved in the Port of Djibouti through the state-owned China Merchants Group.

Their interest in Djibouti goes beyond the benefits of being involved in East African regional trade rather Djibouti’s position as the only reliable port along the main shipping lanes between Europe and the Gulf and also between Asia and the eastern coast of Africa is essential.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Hahahaha....... i wont even take you seriously anymore.

Does that means Kenya is better than Nigeria? You need a brain. Just compare Nigeria with Kenya sector by Sector and you will know you are no where close.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shizzy7(f): 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

ROADS
NIGERIA- 923,768 sq. km
KENYA - 581,309 km2

Conclusion is while Nigeria is 2 times the size of Kenya, Kenya has a wider coverage of tarmacked roads than Nigeria by 2015. Kenya is in the process of finishing 8000 km of tarmacked roads by 2017 to its existing 13,900km to make it 22,000km. Nigerias ratio of tarmacked roads to countries size compared to kenya falls short to 1:100. KENYA TAKES THE CROWN IN ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE.
28,980 km report from the minister was estimated in 2004. That's like 12 years ago.

LOL!!! Thought I saw "while Nigeria is 90 times the size of Kenya".
...That confused me for minute.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Boyedex: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Are you kidding me or are you ignorant?
You heard me right. The total number of kilometers stretch of roads, rails and numbers of airport in Nigeria is way bigger than Kenya. There had been decay over the decades but since start of democracy, there has been improvement too.
And yes, there is no project more ambitious than the Eko Atlantic and Abuja Centenary cities on the African continent right now.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
iblawi:

I think you have problem reading to understand.

The biggest project in Kenya since independence is 300km railway project from Mombasa to Nairobi and you are comparing yourself to Nigeria. You must be sick.

Let Nairalanders be the judges

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/18/africa/gallery/kenya-megaprojects/

Mombasa rail station – Kenya is already an infrastructure powerhouse of East Africa -- leading the region for investment. But the next few years may see a quantum leap forward, with tens of billions of dollars to be spent on some of the world's most spectacular transport, energy and technology projects -- such as the new Mombasa rail station (above).

Through a program entitled Kenya Vision 2030, the government hopes to deliver a "newly industrialized, middle-income country providing a high quality of life to all its citizens by 2030."

The Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) has been described as the most ambitious project in Kenya has been invested in 600 kilometers of raised track connecting the hub cities of Nairobi and Mombasa, but it the line will be a net contributor to the economy for years to come. The SGR should be open for business in 2017.
Photos: Kenya's $50 billion megaprojects
Standard Gauge Railway – The Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) has been described as the most ambitious project in Kenya's independent history -- replacing the antiquated tracks left by the British regime.

Around $4 billion has been invested in 600 kilometers of raised track connecting the hub cities of Nairobi and Mombasa, but it is hoped the line will be a net contributor to the economy for years to come. The SGR should be open for business in 2017.

The SGR project also includes the construction of state-of-the-art new passenger stations at Nairobi, Voi, and Mombasa.
Voi Railway Station – The SGR project also includes the construction of state-of-the-art new passenger stations at Nairobi, Voi, and Mombasa.

Jomo Kenyatta International airport is to receive multiple upgrades. A new greenfield terminal designed by architects will be the largest in Africa when it opens in 2017, serving 20 million passengers a year, at a cost of around $650 million. A second runway will be inaugurated the same year.

The multi-faceted Lamu Port and Lamu-Southern Sudan-Ethiopia Transport Corridor (LAPSSET) project is as big as the name suggests, with an outlay of $23 billion across three countries.The city of Lamu at the southern end of the Corridor is a cornerstone of the project. It will be transformed into a trade hub through the construction of a new 32-berth port, which will be used to supply locations along the line.
Lamu Port – The multi-faceted Lamu Port and Lamu-Southern Sudan-Ethiopia Transport Corridor (LAPSSET) project is as big as the name suggests, with an outlay of $23 billion across three countries.

The city of Lamu at the southern end of the Corridor is a cornerstone of the project. It will be transformed into a trade hub through the construction of a new 32-berth port, which will be used to supply locations along the line.

One of the most lucrative commodities to travel the route will be crude oil, through a new pipeline that connects Kenya oil fields in Turkana Basin with Ugandan and South Sudanese sites. A new refinery will also be constructed.

LAPSSET Pipeline – One of the most lucrative commodities to travel the route will be crude oil, through a new pipeline that connects Kenya's oil fields in Turkana Basin with Ugandan and South Sudanese sites. A new refinery will also be constructed.
Hide Caption

Highways are another key component of Lapsset, with hundreds of kilometers of pristine, new road laid to facilitate transport of goods and people. The Isiolo -- Marsabit -- Moyale stretch (above) has been completed, connecting to Ethiopia, and facilitating travel to Kenyasafari parks.
Highways – Highways are another key component of Lapsset, with hundreds of kilometers of pristine, new road laid to facilitate transport of goods and people.

The Isiolo -- Marsabit -- Moyale stretch (above) has been completed, connecting to Ethiopia, and facilitating travel to Kenya's safari parks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kenyanstar:

BIGGEST AND BUSIEST PORTS IN AFRICA
http://www.portsevolution.com/news/item/africa-s-biggest-shipping-ports
1.Durban, South Africa

Port of Durban as popularly known is Africa’s most active general cargo port. It is situated a block away from Durban’s central business district and plays a key role in S.A’s economy.

Being Africa’s largest container port, it handles most of the seagoing traffic in comparison to the other ports in South Africa.

This port welcomes about 4,500 vessels yearly and about 8,3000 containers per month, it conducts trade worth over $45billion.According to the Port Management Association of Eastern and Southern Africa, it handled about 44.8 million tonnes of cargo of cargo in 2013-2014.

2. Mombasa, Kenya
Port Mombasa, often referred to as “the city of merchants” dates back to the times of Portuguese exploration, it has been and remains a busy trading post for the region which could be attributed to its strategic location between South Africa and the Gulf of Aden.

It is a key gateway to East and Central Africa. It provides a direct link to about 80 ports worldwide and a railway line runs therefrom to Uganda and Tanzania.

With 18,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (teu) and a container capacity of about 250,000 teu per year, Mombasa Port now handles about double this volume.

The teu is an inexact unit of cargo capacity used to describe the capacity of container ships and container terminals. It is based on the volume of a 20-foot-long (6.1 m) intermodal container.

3.Djibouti

Djibouti’s ports are crucial to its geo-strategic importance both in military and economic terms. They serve as a passage for Ethiopian trade and a platform for the transhipment of goods.

This involves the outflow of container and bulk cargo from larger vessels to be redistributed to East Africa and Arabian ports.

It provides a secure regional hub for transhipment and relay of goods. China is also directly involved in the Port of Djibouti through the state-owned China Merchants Group.

Their interest in Djibouti goes beyond the benefits of being involved in East African regional trade rather Djibouti’s position as the only reliable port along the main shipping lanes between Europe and the Gulf and also between Asia and the eastern coast of Africa is essential.
Since you have no brain to think on your own let me think for you.

You have only 1 and a half sea port while we have six ports with 2 more to join. Just distribute the traffic of your ports into six and see how busy your port will be.

We don't need the busiest port in Africa all we need is smooth flow of traffic at the ports and goods should be delivered at the port closest to where they are need.

Secondly, how may landlocked countries do you have around you that use your port.

Thirdly, Lagos is a highly populated city and offloading almost all goods in Lagos won't do Lagos any good as it will only add to the problem of congestion.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
Boyedex:
You heard me right. The total number of kilometers stretch of roads, rails and numbers of airport in Nigeria is way bigger than Kenya. There had been decay over the decades but since start of democracy, there has been improvement too.
And yes, there is no project more ambitious than the Eko Atlantic and Abuja Centenary cities on the African continent right now.

Konza Technology City is a business process outsourcing (BPO) project that is being marketed by the Kenyan government through Kenya ICT Board. It is dubbed "where African silicon savannah begins"
www.konzacity.go.ke
ICT Cabinet Secretary Joe Mucheru on January,12,2016 announced that the government will fast-track plans to set up the Konza techno city.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.