Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,423 members, 7,846,768 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (8423) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6259681 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8420) (8421) (8422) (8423) (8424) (8425) (8426) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 9:28am On Jul 29, 2020
rvp2018:
Joburg to Pretoria - is what 40kms. Joburg to Sandton 15kms. Nairobi including it's metro is close to 7.5M people. In terms of skyscrapper - tall buildings - Nairobi is nearly catching up - even when Sandton is included.

Tall buildings isn’t what creates a city, the schools, hospitals, roads, parks, sewage all matter, in majority of Sandton and joburg you will never see a flooded road, even when it rains heavily roads won’t be flooded, which is what you should be aiming for not, having the most tall buildings.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2020
rvp2018:
Joburg to Pretoria - is what 40kms. Joburg to Sandton 15kms. Nairobi including it's metro is close to 7.5M people. In terms of skyscrapper - tall buildings - Nairobi is nearly catching up - even when Sandton is included.

Lol i suppose you are aware skyscrapers is not what makes a city, joburg is a developed city

Johannesburg does not experience high population increase, there are other major cities by 2030 Nairobi will have a bigger population.

SA has a well established network of cities

The median age in SA is 27 years, Nairobi has around 20yrs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2020
Abohboy:

Tall buildings isn’t what creates a city, the schools, hospitals, roads, parks, sewage all matter, in majority of Sandton and joburg you will never see a flooded road, even when it rains heavily roads won’t be flooded, which is what you should be aiming for not, having the most tall buildings.
why do always cry when you hear tall Buldings.
Have you seen the iconic Singapore city with the glitter of nice skyscrapers.
When we say Nairobi is aiming at jorburg, we don't necessarily base it on skyscrapers.
We have moreeeeeee iconic low rise and highsrise structures coming up.
The moderty of architectural designs is what is making Nairobi.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 29, 2020
jln115:
Great actually, thanks for asking my Masaai friend .... How is Kibera?
Morning boer..how is the Coronation Park grin its ok ya can call me Maasai. .. bythe way am not a Boerehaat grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2020
Of course, Nairobi is improving all that.
Abohboy:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2020
Shma:
why do alway cry when you hear tall Buldings.
Have you seen the iconic Singapore city with the glitter of nice skyscrapers.
When we say Nairobi is aiming jorburg, we don't necessarily base it on skyscrapers.
We have moreeeeeee iconic low rise and highsrise structures coming up.
The moderty of architectural designs is what is making Nairobi.

Having tall buildings and high rises isn’t what makes a city developed, look at Amsterdam for example, they have good roads, good cycling, good walkways, electricity, water, parks, greenery but not a lot of skyscrapers and high rise.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2020
zhike:

My friend, if Africa could start using one currency and integrates economies, Africa will develop.
Rand is already used in many SADC countries, it will be better if Nigeria could start using Rand.
We will Avoid the situation where IMF downgrade our currency and economy.
am a little bit confused here... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2020
South Africa grew thanks to it's mineral. Now it's down. Kenya and it's cities have seen dramatic growth the last 15yrs. Be afraid of the next 15yrs if you hate Kenya.

Nairobi is growing very very fast.

Austine1213:

Lol i suppose you are aware skyscrapers is not what makes a city, joburg is a developed city

Johannesburg does not experience high population increase, there are other major cities by 2030 Nairobi will have a bigger population.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 29, 2020
Austine1213:

we're talking of years to come, and as you can see,
Nairobi is not a growing mess, we have established all the necessary amenities required for a dynamic city.
We're not here to hype but to speak the truth . in ten years to come Nairobi will be far ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 29, 2020
Abohboy:

You got that right, he's chasing high buildings

I always like to make of lusaka a very beautiful city without skyscrapers, same way windhoek
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2020
rvp2018:
South Africa grew thanks to it's mineral. Now it's down. Kenya and it's cities have seen dramatic growth the last 15yrs. Be afraid of the next 15yrs if you hate Kenya.

Thats good...
now we shift to other counties now....

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisooblog: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2020
Guys the South African national budget does it cover the provinces expenditures or do they have their own separately sourced budgets?

cc JIn115, Austine1213
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 29, 2020
Abohboy:

Having tall buildings and high rises isn’t what makes a city developed, look at Amsterdam for example, they have good roads, good cycling, good walkways, electricity, water, parks, greenery but not a lot of skyscrapers and high rise.
True, but you can't say skyscrapers and highrises make zero impact as well.
Skyscrapers portrays the modernity and aesthetic view of a city.
Infrastructural development is different from human development.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2020
rvp2018:

Which cities? The only city that grew was Nairobi. Im telling youyou yall gonna hate me for telling the truth.

You should be aware that an expanding city does not mean true development, migration if forcing it to

SA developed cos of will to develop not cos of minerals, many countries have minerals but are not developed.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2020
Shma:

True, but you can't say skyscrapers and highrises make zero impact as well.
Skyscrapers portrays the modernity and aesthetic view of a city.
Infrastructural development is different from human development.

They make a city look better and more modern but it doesn’t add more development.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2020
South Africa for many years was the Saudi Arabia of Minerals - and so was Botswana/Namibia. The British/Jew did a great job until mid last century when they handed it to the Boer - who also did a good job. ANC seem to be incapable of sustaining the next phase of development.

Nairobi has grown faster than other cities - and yes we had issues - with other places not developing - and we fixed that in 2010 - and from 2012 we have had devolution - it's now happening in other cities too.

Austine1213:

Which cities? The only city that grew was Nairobi. Im telling youyou yall gonna hate me for telling the truth.

You should be aware that an expanding city does not mean true development, migration if forcing it to

SA developed cos of will to develop not cos of minerals, many countries have minerals but are not developed.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 29, 2020
Austine1213:

South Africa developed because of White folks an Minerals...call me racist or not but thats the truth....

An its not SA alone..ther is something wrong with black africa an development..or basically black culture

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 29, 2020
chrisooblog:
Guys the South African national budget does it cover the provinces expenditures or do they have their own separately sourced budgets?

cc JIn115, Austine1213

All provinces source its income
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Nairobi has all it takes for a great city. That is why it was named 14th world most eco-friendly city. Just small issues here and there.

This is why Ghana president think Ghana vision 2050 is to achieve this. Nairobi of 1980s.

Abohboy:

They make a city look better and more modern but it doesn’t add more development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Austine1213:

You got that right, he's chasing high buildings

I always like to make of lusaka a very beautiful city without skyscrapers, same way windhoek
on ground things are different, the general is on move to achieve Nairobi vision 2030 and as well implement the MDG programs pretty fast.
We don't mean skyscrapers when we say Nairobi is developing.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 29, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

South Africa developed because of White folks an Minerals...call me racist or not but thats the truth....

An its not SA alone..ther is something wrong with black africa an development..or basically black culture

I think 99% people seems to get the south african history, a lot of people don'tdon't understand the apartmentheit, homelands, development history wrong

You one of them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 29, 2020
Abohboy:

Lol! grin.
What do you understand by development? grin.
I bet you mind has clued up on human development.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2020
I think you're mixing causality and causation. The white folks are better - because they are generally better educated. The problem with blacks is poor or lack of education. Look at our Moi - primary school graduate or Nigeria's Buhari - an idiot who doesn't even have primary school leaving certificate. Even if they have the best intentions - their limited world view and intelligence - will work against them - and that leadership is cascaded throughout the society - including in cattle dip or kindgarten committe.

Now look at someone brilliant like Kibaki - and assume we had the same brilliance all through - it would show up.

African or blacks will get there - but they need serious investment in education.

Education is the biggest denominator in life - in nearly all decisions including basic stuff like family planning.

And because a human being is such a slowly growing thing - the results of education will show up in 20-50yrs - so nobody cares because it's not quick win.

Next after education is to improve nutrition - this will eventually led to higher IQ.

mtisTheQubit:

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 10:08am On Jul 29, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

Are you Ethiopian?? I just saw on the news that Egypt wants to set up a military base in Somaliland. It seems those motherfvckers really wanna f*ck you up.

Will you proceed with filling the dam

Yes, I am Ethiopian and there is so much going on in here and I am shocked how the world isn't hearing much. I wanted to know why. . .

Egypt is kinda planning special things for us and our government is not hearing no more. Many Ethiopian scholars are saying Egypt can't make a single change.

We still filling the dam but Ethiopia is really in danger now internally and externally. Only looking up to God now

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2020
Kazikazi:
How are you beautiful?
Hi Kazi
I am fine. How are you doing?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 29, 2020
ednited:

Yes, I am Ethiopian and there is so much going on in here and I am shocked how the world isn't hearing much. I wanted to know why. . .

Egypt is kinda planning special things for us and our government is not hearing no more. Many Ethiopian scholars are saying Egypt can't make a single change.

We still filling the dam but Ethiopia is really in danger now internally and externally. Only looking up to God now

Egypt can do nothing..its just a show nothing...I like the way you guys are handling them...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 29, 2020
ednited:

Hi Kazi

I am fine. How are you doing?
Thats guy is not your rafiki....mtis is... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 29, 2020
Austine1213:

I think 99% people seems to get the south african history, a lot of people don'tdon't understand the apartmentheit, homelands, development history wrong

You one of them
so the 99% are getting it or not..i dont get it... grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 10:15am On Jul 29, 2020
I think if Egypt and Ethiopia agree on what to do during drought years; there is enough water to go around.
Some of the environmental concerns are overhyped. Like Gibe dam - some Kenyans were shouting that Lake Turkana will disappear.
And it hasn't.
Let Sudan and Egypt reduce large scale irrigation - and use the water well.
Hydro power doesn't consume water. It's them who are wasting water growing a lot of crops they can import - Sugar is pretty useless thing to grow.
ednited:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 10:19am On Jul 29, 2020
rvp2018:

Nairobi is growing with her tiny 5b dollar annual export when Ghana is exporting more than your one city country?
You folks are all clowns grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 29, 2020
rvp2018:
I think you're mixing causality and causation. The white folks are better - because they are generally better educated. The problem with blacks is poor or lack of education. Look at our Moi - primary school graduate or Nigeria's Buhari - an idiot who doesn't even have primary school leaving certificate. Even if they have the best intentions - their limited world view and intelligence - will work against them - and that leadership is cascaded throughout the society - including in cattle dip or kindgarten committe.

Now look at someone brilliant like Kibaki - and assume we had the same brilliance all through - it would show up.

African or blacks will get there - but they need serious investment in education.

Education is the biggest denominator in life - in nearly all decisions including basic stuff like family planning.

And because a human being is such a slowly growing thing - the results of education will show up in 20-50yrs - so nobody cares because it's not quick win.

Next after education is to improve nutrition - this will eventually led to higher IQ.

i agree with you but there is something about black culture..its like its not driven by desire to develop...I know there is institutionalized racism in America today, but you cant say black americans dont have opportunity to get better education..only 3% of folks in silicon valley are black..that should tell you something
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by chrisooblog: 10:22am On Jul 29, 2020
hmmm but why do you guys get all defensive when we bring up the Indian descendants who dominate your economy?

so based on the bold and your logic it's safe to say Kenya developed because of the Indian folks right?

mtisTheQubit:

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8420) (8421) (8422) (8423) (8424) (8425) (8426) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.