Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (9756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6198801 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9753) (9754) (9755) (9756) (9757) (9758) (9759) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AfriqueDuZuid: 9:08am On Apr 10, 2021
68816419:
Latest stats

The 2021 figures are available
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2021
Yes it already largest; ignore Nigeria cooked stats; Angola has really bitten the dust with Sudan. Kenya will overtake Morroco soon.
Stevoh18:

Egypt will be the largest economy in Africa in few years time

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by maidaboi(m): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
Yes it already largest; ignore Nigeria cooked stats; Angola has really bitten the dust with Sudan. Kenya will overtake Morroco soon.
lol some one is in pains
Cooked indeed

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:35am On Apr 10, 2021
Even if you repeat a lie 100 times; it won't make your dumsor go away! How are you gonna survive with Ghana heat? At least kenya we only use electricity to power TV and lights : you don't need AC in most of kenya.
Just30:
There is nothing like stable electricity in kenya.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:36am On Apr 10, 2021
It overcooked. You can put a fork on it. There is no way Nigeria can boast of 100B dollar agriculture sector.
maidaboi:
lol some one is in pains
Cooked indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ovcwality(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
That is your opinion, I have a feeling if egypt economy cannot supersed nigeria nigeria's economy in the next 4 years, then they will never catch us again for a very long time.
Anyways i want every african to keep getting better, i love kenya too and will like to visit it oneday.
Nigeria will be great
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2021
GDP is not cash in the bank that Nigeria gov keeps in their CBN vaults; It's an academic exercise to guestimate the size of the economy;

What matters is the revenue that GDP generates for gov.

Egypt budget are now 100B plus
South Africa budget are 130B plus

Nigeria budget if you include states is not even 35B.

And Nigeria revenues are not even 20B - maybe 15B,

A GDP Of 420B cannot generate such revenues.

OVERCOOKED

ovcwality:

That is your opinion, I have a feeling if egypt economy cannot supersed nigeria nigeria's economy in the next 4 years, then they will never catch us again for a very long time.
Anyways i want every african to keep getting better, i love kenya too and will like to visit it oneday.
Nigeria will be great

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
GDP is not cash in the bank that Nigeria gov keeps in their CBN vaults; It's an academic exercise to guestimate the size of the economy;

OVERCOOKED

I pity anybody that'll exchange response on economics matter with u in advance.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
Even if you repeat a lie 100 times; it won't make your dumsor go away! How are you gonna survive with Ghana heat? At least kenya we only use electricity to power TV and lights : you don't need AC in most of kenya.
It's good we don't have dumsor

How was the darkness last night, across kenya ?
So there's no way for you to find solace in the fact that your 20 years of power rationing is not that bad. grin

I wonder how you guys survived in an unending power rationing.

Good to know Kenyans can't afford AC
Even in Europe and the Americas, people use AC

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ovcwality(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:

OVERCOOKED

I don't understand how that works, but gdp is money that a country make through trading for a year rigHt? Are you saying we sell our products on credits? since we don't have the money in hand. Lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by mhkent(m): 10:25am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:

OVERCOOKED

Bro I think it's time you take a chill from Nairaland. Nigeria is not the cause of your misery in life

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:22am On Apr 10, 2021
Don't worry; it beyond your paygrade.
ovcwality:

I don't understand how that works, but gdp is money that a country make through trading for a year rigHt? Are you saying we sell our products on credits? since we don't have the money in hand. Lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:30am On Apr 10, 2021
Just shu.t up hobbit. Kenya is miles ahead of Ghana the mini zoo in Quality and Reliability of electricity. Europe of course need ACs because they live in temperate environment - with temperatures swinging;

Why would you need AC in tropical highland like kenya

Just30:
It's good we don't have dumsor
Usual nonsense from the resident idiot

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
Just shu.t up hobbit. Kenya is miles ahead of Ghana the mini zoo in Quality and Reliability of electricity. Europe of course need ACs because they live in temperate environment - with temperatures swinging;

Why would you need AC in tropical highland like kenya

miles ahead of Ghana in what ? grin grin

You can say the above a 1000 times and you still won't be able to mention one thing that Kenya will ever be ahead of Ghana in.

Ghana has far reliable electricity than kenya.
Ghanaians consume 4 times more electricity than kenya.

Europe that lives in a temperate climate zone needs AC and you think the zoo Kenya that is in the tropics does not need AC?
The tropics that have a higher temperatures than temperate regions?

Your dumb self needs a neural link to make you a bit smarter. grin grin

You are not intelligent

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:48am On Apr 10, 2021
Sounds like you are deteriorating - did you just have your electricity cut smiley.
I just gave you emperical data showing kenya electricity (at it worst) is twice more reliable than Ghana (at it best)
Again Kenya electricity has always been reliable - except for brief period of 1999-2001.
You installed/theorical power is large than kenya- overcapacity that send you to IMF - where you invited IPPS to come and build - power plants -after the 2015 DUMSOR crisis
However at any given time - they can only generate 2400MW - because well your gov is broke to pay IPPS -or Nigeria gas - or the network is rickety.
What you consume - if we remove system losses - and all that - I bet is 1500MW.
Now kenya - we had ambition to get to 5000MW by 2020 - but we stopped - when we realized there was no effective demand - we had the foresight to stop at 3000MW. Now we are paying overcapacity charge of 500MW. It not as bad as Ghana - who were bankrupted by overcapacity charge - and now are losing 3B dollars annually - that is like 1/5 of your budget on overcapacity charge.

As for kenya climate - Kenya sits on tropical highlands - that is why we have SNOW capped mountains.

Nairobi lies 2000M above the sea level. Temperatures through out the year over around 20-30 degrees. You don't need AC. You will not see an AC or even fan in Nairobi or most of kenya. Check pictures of Kenya - and show me an AC. Yes in Northern Kenya - low lying plains - temperature rises to 40 celsius - but it mostly wild desert with little human habitation.

Tropical highlands are some of best climate a human being can live in. Countries that enjoy such climate include parts of India, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Mexico, and Brazil.

In short - Tropical+Highlands - give you the best climate all year round. No need for expensive energy to heat or cool down the climate - that is why our power consumption per capita is rock bottom.

Just30:
miles ahead of Ghana in what ? grin grin

You can say the above a 1000 times and you still won't be able to mention one thing that Kenya will ever be ahead of Ghana in.

Ghana has far reliable electricity than kenya.
Ghanaians consume 4 times more electricity than kenya.

Europe that lives in a temperate climate zone needs AC and you think the zoo Kenya that is in the tropics does not need AC?

Your dumb self needs a neural link to make you a bit smarter. grin grin

You are not intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
It overcooked. You can put a fork on it. There is no way Nigeria can boast of 100B dollar agriculture sector.
Argue with your keyboard...fool

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2021
Yemi Kale can cook all the data he wants but what we know 1) Nigeria is world largest food importer -Almost 2) Nigeria export very little of food. What we know Kenya is african agricultural giant despite being 89% inarable.
68816419:

Argue with your keyboard...fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:57am On Apr 10, 2021
AfriqueDuZuid:

The 2021 figures are available
Can we see it?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
Yemi Kale can cook all the data he wants but what we know 1) Nigeria is world largest food importer -Almost 2) Nigeria export very little of food. What we know Kenya is african agricultural giant despite being 89% inarable.
what ever u know is far different from reality.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:02pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wuoche:

Everything you have posted is available in Kenya. Tell me anything you think we lack from the pictures you have just posted.
Still waiting?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
Sounds like you are deteriorating - did you just have your electricity cut smiley.
I just gave you emperical data showing kenya electricity (at it worst) is twice more reliable than Ghana (at it best)
Again Kenya electricity has always been reliable - except for brief period of 1999-2001.
You installed/theorical power is large than kenya- overcapacity that send you to IMF - where you invited IPPS to come and build - power plants -after the 2015 DUMSOR crisis
However at any given time - they can only generate 2400MW - because well your gov is broke to pay IPPS -or Nigeria gas - or the network is rickety.
What you consume - if we remove system losses - and all that - I bet is 1500MW.
Now kenya - we had ambition to get to 5000MW by 2020 - but we stopped - when we realized there was no effective demand - we had the foresight to stop at 3000MW. Now we are paying overcapacity charge of 500MW. It not as bad as Ghana - who were bankrupted by overcapacity charge - and now are losing 3B dollars annually - that is like 1/5 of your budget on overcapacity charge.

As for kenya climate - Kenya sits on tropical highlands - that is why we have SNOW capped mountains.
Nairobi lies 2000M above the sea level. Temperatures through out the year over around 20-30 degrees. You don't need AC. You will not see an AC or even fan in Nairobi or most of kenya.

Tropical highlands are some of best climate a human being can live in.

Countries that enjoy such climate include parts of India, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, Mexico, and Brazil.

In short - Tropical+Highlands - give you the best climate all year round

you give me a data that shows that Kenya electrification growth rate has been higher than Ghana for 20 years and yet Kenya hasn't been able to catch up to Ghana in electricity supply rate per population.
For 20 years, your country has been running to catch up to Ghana in electricity coverage and it hasn't.
What a pity
grin

Electricity in Kenya has never been reliable and every year kenya experience 5 total grid collapse.

At any given time at and at peak demand, Ghana generates 3600mw ( 2 times more than Kenya).

Kenyan capacity has never reached 3000mw and demand has never crossed 1800mw. It is such a pity that only 30watts of electricity is available to every Kenyan.
If all kenyans plug their electric iron into a socket at a time, the entire grid will collapse. grin grin

Europe whose temperate range from negative to 18 degrees, use a lot of AC but Kenya in the tropics where temperatures range from 20 to 39 degrees does not need AC ?

Guy you are mad cheesy grin grin
Just say, your people can't afford it.

Please don't be dumb, South Africa is not in the tropics.
Mexico is one of the largest users of cooling systems in the world and likewise India, Brazil and Vietnam.

Poor countries like kenya and Ethiopia can't afford

All these long theories from you only make you dumber by the day as you strive to explain your country try stupidity.

Please educate yourself on what temperate means and what tropical climate means

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wuoche:

The special thing about it is that the entire area enjoys stable electricity supply throughout the year. That's something none of Nigerian cities can enjoy.

Kenya is a dead country.

Your power consumption and demand is not up to South south region in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wuoche:

He called Nigeria shithole, he also said that your President is lifeless grin grin grin.

Not your Fault.

We the big brother after all cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wuoche:

I'm waiting to be told which facility we don't have in Kenya. Just mention one by name.

What name??

How can I give a name to something that doesn’t exist??

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
You're obtuse as always.
1) You true electricity access is 50%. You why. You have at least 7M household in Ghana. The metered customers to your electricity grid is 4m or less.
2) Kenya has metered 8M household in a country of 12m household. Remember kenya is mostly rural - so we had to invest twice.
For comparison - South Africa has 17M metered customer of electricity - in a country with 18M households.

If 85% of Ghanian are connected to electricity - why are they NOT customers of the electricity companies? Why don't you have 6.5M customers of your electricity distros??

You can cook data all day - as your two political parties compete - in who tell the most lies - but you cannot fool us.

3) Our total investment in energy sector is more than 10B dollars the last decade.
4) 80% of kenya population live in tropical highlands. You simply do not need any AC.
5) I said part of those countries have tropical highlands - huge part of semi and arid kenya are very hot - but nobody lives there.

Don't just argue for it sake. Nairobi doesn't need any AC.
Nairobi
Weather averages
Overview
Graphs
MonthHigh / Low(°C)Rain
January26° / 16°4 days
February27° / 16°3 days
March27° / 16°7 days
April25° / 16°12 days
May24° / 15°9 days
June23° / 14°2 days
July22° / 13°1 day
August22° / 13°1 day
September25° / 13°2 days
October26° / 15°5 days
November24° / 16°13 days
December

Accra, Ghana
Weather averages
Overview
Graphs
MonthHigh / Low(°C)
January32° / 25°
February33° / 26°
March33° / 26°
April32° / 26°
May32° / 25°
June30° / 24°
July28° / 23°
August28° / 23°
September29° / 23°
October31° / 24°
November32° / 25°
December

Just30:
you give me a data that shows that Kenya electrification growth rate has been higher than Ghana for 20 years and yet Kenya hasn't been able to catch up to Ghana in electricity supply rate per population.
For 20 years, your country has been running to catch up to Ghana in electricity coverage and it hasn't.
What a pity
grin

Electricity in Kenya has never been reliable and every year kenya experience 5 total grid collapse.

At any given time at and at peak demand, Ghana generates 3600mw ( 2 times more than Kenya).

Kenyan capacity has never reached 3000mw and demand has never crossed 1800mw. It is such a pity that only 30watts of electricity is available to every Kenyan.
If all kenyans plug their electric iron into a socket at a time, the entire grid will collapse. grin grin

Europe whose temperate range from negative to 18 degrees, use a lot of AC but Kenya in the tropics where temperatures range from 20 to 33 degrees does not need AC ?

Guy you are mad cheesy grin grin
Just say, your people can't afford it.

Please don't be dumb, South Africa is not in the tropics.
Mexico is one of the largest users of cooling systems in the world and likewise India, Brazil and Vietnam.

Poor countries like kenya and Ethiopia can't afford

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
Just30:
There is nothing like stable electricity in kenya.

If they have stable electricity without rationing then their country is in a far bigger mess grin

I don’t think they understand this.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:

It should be more than that.

You do realize Nigeria is Africa's largest agricultural producer??

Nigeria agricultural sector is the biggest employer of labor on the continent??

Nigeria and Egypt account for 35% of Africa's agricultural output.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:
You're obtuse as always.
1) You true electricity access is 50%. You why. You have at least 7M household in Ghana.
2) Kenya has metered 8M household in a country of 12m household. Remember kenya is mostly rural - so we had to invest twice.
3) Our total investment in energy sector is more than 10B dollars the last decade.
4) 80% of kenya population live in tropical highlands. You simply do not need any AC.
5) I said part of those countries have tropical highlands - huge part of semi and arid kenya are very hot - but nobody lives there.

Don't just argue for it sake. Nairobi doesn't need any AC.
Nairobi
Weather averages
Overview
Graphs
MonthHigh / Low(°C)Rain
January26° / 16°4 days
February27° / 16°3 days
March27° / 16°7 days
April25° / 16°12 days
May24° / 15°9 days
June23° / 14°2 days
July22° / 13°1 day
August22° / 13°1 day
September25° / 13°2 days
October26° / 15°5 days
November24° / 16°13 days
December

grin grin

So now you are fighting facts?

1. True electricity access is around 90% to 92% and metered customers is 4 million houses.
The metered customers to your electricity grid is 4m or less.
We don't have metered customers equating to household numbers because we live in family units.

Houses is what is metered and not human beings who form household. Hope you understand the difference.

2. Let me know when kenya even invested 13 billion dollars in it power sector in just 3 years. How did kenya spend twice?

3. Ghana total investment in the energy sector is more than 50 billion dollars over the last 10 years.

4. Once you live in the Tropical climate zone, you need AC more than anyone in the world.

5. You said those countries don't use AC.

And temperatures in Kenya range from 20 degrees to 30 degrees

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:28pm On Apr 10, 2021
Shaytun:

If they have stable electricity without rationing then their country is in a far bigger mess grin

I don’t think they understand this.
the guy is just dumb grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
rvp2018:

Nigeria will always import food, our population made sure of that

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2021
Just30:
the guy is just dumb grin grin

You can’t fight facts.

Your power output is too minuscule for a country of 53 million people.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
Shaytun:

You can’t fight facts.

Your power output is too minuscule for a country of 53 million people.
And this right here is Facts grin grin

I wonder how 53 million people will share 1800mw of electricity

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9753) (9754) (9755) (9756) (9757) (9758) (9759) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.