Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,322 members, 7,853,481 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1132407 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) ... (2494) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 12:21am On Oct 28, 2022
samorobo:

Same sh1t different smell. That’s all I see here.
Splitting hairs doesn’t make your zoo any better .
It’s only a matter of time until it’s caught up with you.

Lack of generators and their fumes alone makes my country better. It's just common sense.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:24am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
Even south africa went there - IMF dude to corona - had opened their warm embrace - no question - come all. You refused.
SA had better finances and didn't even need it .

Kenya on the other hand had no option...

Ghana realized it didn't need debt freezing so we didn't sign on to it and we didn't need IMF as well hence we did sign on to it last year when Kenya was on stretcher being carried there despite the good will Ghana did for your country. grin

Even as we speak, Ghana does not need IMF because a solvent country does not go to the IMF but if govt can't have it needed numbers in parliament to get access to the monies in Ghana sinking fund which is set aside for debt servicing.. they will find themselves in a right corner
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:25am On Oct 28, 2022
Now see who is laughing now. You've been begging IMF for a year plus. They are saying - Ghana - we dont feel you. Lebanon and Srilanka.

Ghana is desperate for 3 billion - they'd have float eurobond by now ) smiley smiley. Imf say float 10 or 100B centenary bond we see smiley. Eurobond are saying come baby come..50% interest rate...before we talk principal.

Now raising even 100m dollars is hard

Just40:
SA had better finances and didn't even need it .

Kenya on the other hand had no option...

Ghana realized it didn't need debt freezing so we didn't sign on to it and we didn't need IMF as well hence we did sign on to it last year when Kenya was on stretcher being carried there despite the good will Ghana did for your country. grin

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:35am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
Now see who is laughing now. You've been begging IMF for a year plus. They are saying - Ghana - we dont feel you. Lebanon and Srilanka.

Ghana is desperate for 3 billion - they'd have float eurobond by now ) smiley smiley. Imf say float 10 or 100B centenary bond we see smiley. Eurobond are saying come baby come..50% interest rate...before we talk principal.

Now raising even 100m dollars is hard

Ghana only started engagement with IMF which is even backroom engagement just a month ago grin grin

Ghana already has 3 billion dollars sitting in the sinking fund.. No one with money in the bank get desperate for a peanut loan. grin grin

Ghana just raise 800 million from African development bank and we just raised 2 billion dollars for Ghana cocoa board.. grin

Like I said, we ain't Kenya that is bankrupt... Face your Sri Lanka situation alone. grin
Comparing yourself to Ghana will only make more Kenyans go hungry.... Ghana was flexing with it bank balance but Kenya couldn't do same because you're a poor bankrupt country that needed to be rushed to the IMF after countless debt restructuring that got your best pal China pissed. grin

This is Ghana next finance minister for the opposition party talking.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 6:34am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
So it just 20% foreign aid smiley smiley Population wise it estimation; Rwand should 12M; Lagos depending on who count; anything.
Point is Lagos receives lots of Oil money from federal gov.
So stop the dicing
And realize Kagame running half of Lagos is a hero...managing large land...with army and embassies with 3billion dollars.
And stop arguing with facts.
You can't win.
They are stubborn
And 20% to you is small for a Sovereign country? I'm not surprised because your country also depends on foreign aid. Rwanda is a country that exports natural resources, Lagos does not. In terms of Hdi and things like literacy level, ownership of vehicles per 1000, access to doctors per 1000, etc Lagos beats Rwanda. Since Lagos has same budget has Rwanda, a country, then Rwanda is really doing poorly considering the fact that Lagos still gets a lot of attention from the federal government of Nigeria. I guess you lost this one again.

Since you are ready to reenact the Rwanda argument again, a sign that you lost last time, bring it on. You will lose again.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 6:41am On Oct 28, 2022
Just40:
they always like to talk about things they don't understand grin grin

They think we have forgotten how desperately they had to join cues for days just to get fuel to buy as if they were the next venezuela. grin
Things keeps getting worse for them. Their creditors will soon start calling in their loans.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 6:45am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
Kenya food inflation is 9%
That mean if incomes havent risen - people are suffering 9% more.
Ghana is 120%
These figures are from experts - not from you googling around and trying to compare.
You must thank a big man Tanzania. We give u cheap food on a daily basis which makes kenya somehow better on handling inflation. Remember, your friend ghana who is battling to float has gotten all these hiccups due to mainly food imports.
But you kiberans,thank the heaven,you are bordered with a really africas giant agricultural economy next door,otherwise,you were heading to deep sinkhole.
Next time u must respect a big man Tanzania
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 6:47am On Oct 28, 2022
samorobo:

Say something else pained, and stop getting personal. You know absolutely nothing about me. Face your desperation elsewhere,as I continue to drill you with Kenya’s harsh reality. Your outbursts are a delight to watch - heck I could watch you all day.

Anyways I also want the best for Kenyans and that’s why I am calling the evil of your govt. they’ve relegated 18m Kenyans to hot dying starvation for forty years and here you are worried about a few people displaced by flood. A natural disaster that started about 2months ago or even less. Something must be wrong with your dirty head,look In the mirror oga. I will not give you that opportunity to gloat whilst your houses is caught up in a deeper flame than mine.
When a grown man starts throwing 'mum' taunts like a badly trained kid, know he has lost it and is furious. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 6:50am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
Only because Uhuru the drunkard messed up - with Nigeria type fuel subsidy. Kenyans dont mind paying for anything for any prices as long as it available.

This week I welcomed some Zimbabwe guy - to europe - from Nairobi - he swear he never saw people who have money like kenyans - and you cant explain what they do. Kenya has 200,000 kids in international schools - higher than any in Africa including south africa.

Kenyans party monday to monday and Nigerian come & cant only afford one room of 100 dollars smiley for 10 men - they sleep in turn -

200 000 you say

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 7:09am On Oct 28, 2022
obaaderemi:
The oil money is big. But it's just 10% of our GDP. All subsaharan countries are still dirt poor countries hence the aid. Your own country Tanzania is the largest recepient of foreign aid in Africa after Ethiopia and your population is not even up to half of Nigeria's population. Why?https://unu.edu/publications/articles/unintended-consequences-of-foreign-aid-tanzania.html
Nweowdays TZ receives less and less foreign aid because magufuli wasn't fond of it either.Since magufuli came to power we have seen a drop in foreign aid but I agree that we still receives some good money which I think it's a shame considering we have many sources to raise the money locally

Here is the rankings of all of us who goes around begging...

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/foreign_aid/
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:11am On Oct 28, 2022
Kazikazi:
Nweowdays TZ receives less and less foreign aid because magufuli wasn't fond of it either.Since magufuli came to power we have seen a drop in foreign aid but I agree that we still receives some good money which I think it's a shame considering we have many sources to raise the money locally

Here is the rankings of all of us who goes around begging...

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/foreign_aid/
Kenya is even worse than Tanzania on that list. grin Useless Kenya always begging.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:12am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
Only because Uhuru the drunkard messed up - with Nigeria type fuel subsidy. Kenyans dont mind paying for anything for any prices as long as it available.

This week I welcomed some Zimbabwe guy - to europe - from Nairobi - he swear he never saw people who have money like kenyans - and you cant explain what they do. Kenya has 200,000 kids in international schools - higher than any in Africa including south africa.

Kenyans party monday to monday and Nigerian come & cant only afford one room of 100 dollars smiley for 10 men - they sleep in turn -

Indeed. grin

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:21am On Oct 28, 2022
AfriqueDuZuid:

200 000 you say
international school... independent or private schools in Kenya are everywhere.. almost half kids are there

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 7:56am On Oct 28, 2022
Nairobi

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 8:19am On Oct 28, 2022

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 8:20am On Oct 28, 2022
Green City

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shaytun: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2022
Hotels are closing across Kenya.

Economic Fallout

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2022
You don't understand the importance of imf deal.Its not about the money.Imf gives very little money.Its stamp of approval and confidence that deal with imf gives.This because everyone knows imf will straighten the economy because they are coming in to manage things.Their technical input and micromanagent is signal to creditors and everyone that country is on the mend . without it Ghana can't n won't manage..3 billion is small money because Ghana debt has ballooned with interests n all that. Whatever you do nail the imf deal...you need it otherwise you're gone .
Just40:
Ghana only started engagement with IMF which is even backroom engagement just a month ago grin grin

Ghana already has 3 billion dollars sitting in the sinking fund.. No one with money in the bank get desperate for a peanut loan. grin grin

Ghana just raise 800 million from African development bank and we just raised 2 billion dollars for Ghana cocoa board.. grin

Like I said, we ain't Kenya that is bankrupt... Face your Sri Lanka situation alone. grin
Comparing yourself to Ghana will only make more Kenyans go hungry.... Ghana was flexing with it bank balance but Kenya couldn't do same because you're a poor bankrupt country that needed to be rushed to the IMF after countless debt restructuring that got your best pal China pissed. grin

This is Ghana next finance minister for the opposition party talking.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2022
Shaytun:

Economic Fallout
One hotel shut down an old structure that is now in busy downtown doesn't mean hotel industry is shutting down or the economy.That Hilton should be turned into office blocks.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2022
obaaderemi:
Indeed. grin
Remove 10 dangotes in Zooland...you got nothing left
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
Remove 10 dangotes in Zooland...you got nothing left
Remove 5 Indians in little India you are dead. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:56am On Oct 28, 2022
obaaderemi:
Remove 5 Indians in little India you are dead. grin
We don't have any indians in Kenya.There are in Nigeria running industries including all dangotes ones.We have 5th generation Kenya Asians..a tribe in Kenya.One of them owns you largest steel/aluminium mill.. Towers Aluminum. Kenya-Indians are in 5th generation, speak Swahili, are in parliament and have little connection with India.Now Nigeria has million indian indian from India...they keep moving in thousands to come weld and name it dangotes n their own factories
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2022
Shaytun:

Economic Fallout
the mess looms wide
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:37am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
You don't understand the importance of imf deal.Its not about the money.Imf gives very little money.Its stamp of approval and confidence that deal with imf gives.This because everyone knows imf will straighten the economy because they are coming in to manage things.Their technical input and micromanagent is signal to creditors and everyone that country is on the mend . without it Ghana can't n won't manage..3 billion is small money because Ghana debt has ballooned with interests n all that. Whatever you do nail the imf deal...you need it otherwise you're gone .
I told you that a long time ago.... Ghana has already received that confidence just by the mere news break of talks with IMF.

Ghana debt is within manageable levels and the yearly obligations are also within Ghana ability to pay It will be 2.8 billion next year which is peanuts money for Ghana.

What we need to do most is to solve our toxic politics that seeks to make ruling Govt suffer as punishment for their bad deeds.
IMF has never been needed by Ghana.

Kenya needs the IMF, without them your country will be a venezuela in months. You have a huge 12 billion obligation because of how your debt ballooned. You don't have the money to pay and don't have the confidence of your creditors after you restructured for years and decided to default.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2022
Just40:
I told you that a long time ago.... Ghana has already received that confidence just by the mere news break of talks with IMF.

Ghana debt is within manageable levels and the yearly obligations are also within Ghana ability to pay It will be 2.8 billion next year which is peanuts money for Ghana.

What we need to do most is to solve our toxic politics that seeks to make ruling Govt suffer as punishment for their bad deeds.
IMF has never been needed by Ghana.

Kenya needs the IMF, without them your country will be a venezuela in months. You have a huge 12 billion obligation because of how your debt ballooned. You don't have the money to pay and don't have the confidence of your creditors after you restructured for years and decided to default.
Until you have a DEAL with imf I will be here to watch madness...as you descend into it...cedis free fall continues.. inflation of now must approaching 150 percent
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:03am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
Until you have a DEAL with imf I will be here to watch madness...as you descend into it...cedis free fall continues.. inflation of now must approaching 150 percent
inflation is already dropping to 25% by year end and so is the cedi recovering.

I'm more concern about the slap that china give you when they refuse your attempt to restructure your debt with them inorder to use the money to pay other creditors and how they went ahead to fine Kenya for defaulting.
If you want to see what China will do to you, look no further than Zambia... They will confiscate the remaining assets that your country used as collateral.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2022
rvp2018:
We don't have any indians in Kenya.There are in Nigeria running industries including all dangotes ones.We have 5th generation Kenya Asians..a tribe in Kenya.One of them owns you largest steel/aluminium mill.. Towers Aluminum. Kenya-Indians are in 5th generation, speak Swahili, are in parliament and have little connection with India.Now Nigeria has million indian indian from India...they keep moving in thousands to come weld and name it dangotes n their own factories
Indeed, you don't have any Indians. grin Fool.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 11:21am On Oct 28, 2022
Just40:
Ghana is in a better position than Kenya.

At least we haven't defaulted on any of our debt and neither have we restructured any of them yet... That shows we have enough room to avoid the Kenya situation.

While Mahama is recommending cutting expenditure on key govt policies, the govt will prefer using Sinking Fund inflows for debt servicing. This will be difficult for the govt to have access to because they don't have the numbers in parliament to get it approved.

Stop this strawman argument, no one is talking about Kenya but Ghana when the discussion shift to kenya we will all discuss them but for now focus is on Ghana.

@rvp2018
@obaaderemi
@Generaldae

The speech by the former president of Ghana on the state of the economic and the solution might interest you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq5Li9ozDNQ
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by PROVERBZ(m): 11:33am On Oct 28, 2022
Out Kenyans brothers please join us to celebrate as we launch the deepest sea port in sub Saharan Africa(the lekki deep sea port)

And also join us to pray that the other one which is taunted to be the largest and deepest port in the whole Africa( the badagry deep seaport.)
Which just got approval for construction to start would also be a success like this.
My Naija brother 3 or 4 years ago we were posting renders of ambitious projects and being laughed at. Today Nigeria is about to become the first black industrialised nation on earth.

All those audacious projects are now being commissioned.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:33am On Oct 28, 2022
popizaino:

Stop this strawman argument, no one is talking about Kenya but Ghana when the discussion shift to kenya we will all discuss them but for now focus is on Ghana.

@rvp2018
@obaaderemi
@Generaldae

The speech by the former president of Ghana on the state of the economic and the solution might interest you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq5Li9ozDNQ

you are the one with a straw man argument at the moment.
I have no interest the Ghana discussion because Ghana is in a better place.
I'm more worried for Kenya since it failed to repay it Chinese debt in June this year and got slapped with a fined.
Defaulting like that after years of debt restructuring only leads them to a Zambia situation.

Ghana has too many options to resolve it issues
Kenya debt crisis is not the same as Ghana liquidity issue.

You can take a read below... The easiest solution to Ghana issues is in parliament.. that's from Mahama next finance minister

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
rvp20182:
He sure has something for white skin - ordinary Tanzanian are never black smiley except Magufuli his fallen hero

You beat me to it! For years he's been insisting these nondescript flat dusty arse Oyinbos are average Tzns.
Who does that!?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
Lamu deep sea port - 3 berths already - is deepest and biggest. And it was not built by Chinese loan - but kenya money.
PROVERBZ:
Out Kenyans brothers please join us to celebrate as we launch the deepest sea port in sub Saharan Africa(the lekki deep sea port)

And also join us to pray that the other one which is taunted to be the largest and deepest port in the whole Africa( the badagry deep seaport.)
Which just got approval for construction to start would also be a success like this.
My Naija brother 3 or 4 years ago we were posting renders of ambitious projects and being laughed at. Today Nigeria is about to become the first black industrialised nation on earth.

All those audacious projects are now being commissioned.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) ... (2494) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: Jidesam01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.