Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:39 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1136750 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) ... (2495) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 9:52am On Nov 08, 2022
Shaytun:

China don run Kenya street grin grin
Nigerian, you have more external debt than Kenya. More than $70billion - That is nearly twice ours. Your currency is on the verge of devaluation. You have more problems than we do. Focus on your issues first.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-18/naira-likely-to-be-devalued-by-20-in-2023-bank-of-america-says

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2022
Their currency is 2nd worst after Cedis. Their inflation approaching 100. The black naira rate is now past 800 naira to dollar. Their sleepy president isnt even aware.
Shma2022:

Nigerian, you have more external debt than Kenya. More than $70billion - That is nearly twice ours. Your currency is on the verge of devaluation. You have more problems than we do. Focus on your issues first.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-18/naira-likely-to-be-devalued-by-20-in-2023-bank-of-america-says

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:35am On Nov 08, 2022
vankelvin:

Do you need extra sheet?
Make the story long cos I won send am to your ancestors to read grin cheesy grin
grin grin grin

More paper

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2022
rvp2018:
This academic research showing 1.5 percent GDP impact post construction... That almost two billion dollars annually.Most of you are envious because our sgr is Africa most successful https://www.researchgate.net/publication/358166206_Impact_of_the_Standard_Gauge_Railway_on_the_Kenyan_Economy#:~:text=Findings%20The%20country%27s%20Gross%20Domestic,46%2C000%20jobs%20for%20local%20residents.
no one is envious that you paid 4 billion for 480km SGR

How do you call a loss making business successful?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Bigkoko: 11:39am On Nov 08, 2022
You are right.....It's more Nigerian than Rwandan. Infact, you can call it a Nigerian Idea! Thanks for the Compliment. Nigerians are great people i dare say. Just last week four Clients and partners have flew down to Kigali at our invitation! Great guys. I was overwhelmed with joy hearing the clients making a pitch to bankers here in Kigali.... Damn smart guys!

With the right ecosystem, and a little over ten years, i see Americans migrating to Africa soon for greener pastures! I have lots of offers from Indians for a collaboration. Me & my team are still studying these.

GeneralDae:

I was surprised a Rwandan company could be named Bigkoko because Koko is more like a Nigerian slang.
Nice to see African countries collaborating together more.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:41am On Nov 08, 2022
Shma2022:

I am glad that you're concerned with our paltry debt. Yours is beyond concern.
I'm not concern about my 68% to GDP debt because all of it was invested into profit making businesses so they can be paid back.

Yours, you can't pay and went for debt freeze, debt restructuring and ended up defaulting even under IMF.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2022
Mad cow,
We paid 3.2B including rolling stock, inland port and 28 km of bridges for wild life - for Nairobi-Msa - 480kms - total length 650kms.
We paid 1.5B for extension to Naivasha including another inland port - 150km - including 5 km tunnel via rift valley.

Now tells what you're comparing this with - and mad cow - let us have at least an intellectual debate for a change.

Just40:
no one is envious that you paid 4 billion for 480km SGR
How do you call a loss making business successful?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Bigkoko: 11:43am On Nov 08, 2022
You are right.....It's more Nigerian than Rwandan. Infact, you can call it a Nigerian Idea! Thanks for the Compliment. Nigerians are great people i dare say. Just last week four Clients and partners have flew down to Kigali at our invitation! Great guys. I was overwhelmed with joy hearing the clients making a pitch to bankers here in Kigali.... Damn smart guys!

With the right ecosystem, and a little over ten years, i see Americans migrating to Africa soon for greener pastures! I have lots of offers from Indians for a collaboration, those guys are like Nigerians, they keep mailing you reminding you of their offer. Me & my team are still studying these.

GeneralDae:

I was surprised a Rwandan company could be named Bigkoko because Koko is more like a Nigerian slang.
Nice to see African countries collaborating together more.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2022
rvp20182:
Mad cow,
We paid 3.2B including rolling stock, inland port and 28 km of bridges for wild life - for Nairobi-Msa - 480kms - total length 650kms.
We paid 1.5B for extension to Naivasha including another inland port - 150km - including 5 km tunnel via rift valley.

Now tells what you're comparing this with - and mad cow - let us have at least an intellectual debate for a change.

your minister has already done the comparison for you.

Paying 4 billion dollars for just 480km SGR is just insane ... Now you want China to give you another money so you can extend it from Nairobi to naivasha and they are saying no because you've already defaulted on the 4 billion dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2022
Mkenya2019:
You did when building the BUI dam. You gave China cocoa beans as collateral.
The cocoa beans were sold at the prevailing market price rather than a fixed price, and the proceeds were placed in an escrow account with China Eximbank.,

Which loan terms are favourable?

On September 25, 2007, China Eximbank and the Government of Ghana signed a buyer’s credit loan (BCL) agreement worth $292 million for the Bui Dam Construction Project. Then, on September 3, 2008, China Eximbank and the Government of Ghana signed a government concessional loan (GCL) agreement worth RMB 2.1 billion. The BCL carried the following terms: 17 year maturity, 5-year grace period, and an interest rate of CIRR plus a margin of 0.75% (6.13%). The GCL carried the following terms: 2% interest rate, 20 year maturity, and a 7 year grace period. The GCL is captured in Project ID#30810 and the BCL is captured in Project ID#183.

Collateral
The cocoa beans were sold at the prevailing market price rather than a fixed price, and the proceeds were placed in an escrow account with China Eximbank to facilitate loan repayment (and provide a source of security for the BCL). Then, once the dam was operational, the cocoa agreement

Private property cannot be collateralized crazy kid.

Desperate as usual.... The Bui dam project was a profitable businesses and it finished paying it debt in 4 to 5 years to the Chinese.... In 2 years of operation, the Chinese engineers were kicked out and replaced because half payment had already been made.

Compare that to your SGR were you paid 20 billion shillings into Escrow and still managed to sign unto clauses that says your KPA can be seize should you default on any debt obligation

Worse of all, you knew that your SGR will never be profitable to be able to pay that loan

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 11:52am On Nov 08, 2022
Just40:

Paying 4 billion dollars for just 480km SGR is just insane ... Now you want China to give you another money so you can extend it from Nairobi to naivasha and they are saying no because you've already defaulted on the 4 billion dollars.

It's already been extended to Naivasha. The one to Kisumu rehabilitated. Why do you spread lies?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 11:53am On Nov 08, 2022
In short you're ranting in something you barely understand.
SGR is already past Naivasha.
We want it extended to Kisumu - another 230kms - then Uganda border- another 150kms - then Uganda extend to Kampla - and congo

Now how much did you spend in your railway?

Just40:

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2022
Insane pictures of Lagos redline projects at Ebute meta and Yaba, Interchanges and Stations (BRT and Rail)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNW547cfZcg&t=184s

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 11:57am On Nov 08, 2022
Slowly - before we go for profitability - did you offer cocoa beans as collatoral or not. You already offered bauxite recently.
Just40:
Private property cannot be collateralized crazy kid.

Desperate as usual.... The Bui dam project was a profitable businesses and it finished paying it debt in 4 to 5 years to the Chinese.... In 2 years of operation, the Chinese engineers were kicked out and replaced because half payment had already been made.

Compare that to your SGR were you paid 20 billion shillings into Escrow and still managed to sign unto clauses that says your KPA can be seize should you default on any debt obligation

Worse of all, you knew that your SGR will never be profitable to be able to pay that loan

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2022
rvp20182:
In short you're ranting in something you barely understand.
SGR is already past Naivasha.
We want it extended to Kisumu - another 230kms - then Uganda border- another 150kms - then Uganda extend to Kampla - and congo

Now how much did you spend in your railway?

Now you're disputing the facts?

You paid 4 billion dollars for 480km and and additional 1.5 billion to be extended to naivasha. Making it 580km

Boy, were almost done with 1000km without even spending even 4 billion
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:08pm On Nov 08, 2022
gallivant:

It's already been extended to Naivasha. The one to Kisumu rehabilitated. Why do you spread lies?
we are talking about SGR and not NGR
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tanzania
tztztztztz

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tanzania tztztz

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tanzania
Ordinary folks

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
United republic
The most beautiful in africa

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
rvp20182:
Slowly - before we go for profitability - did you offer cocoa beans as collatoral or not. You already offered bauxite recently.
profitability from where?
The thing will never ever break even or is it loss that you don't understand.

We never offered cocoa beans as collateral because it is not government property to be offered.

Neither have we offered bauxite as collateral... We made a good to create market our aluminum... China will use the quarterly repayment amount for buy aluminum from Ghana.

Justifying losing your port just make you useless... China run your town
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tanzania tztztztztz

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tanzania
BRT phase 2,Dar es salaam

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
Lekki city -Lagos- the fastest developing city in the whole Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5px15mU28_8

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:28pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tanzania, United republic
Tztz tztz

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2022
Shma2022:

The emboldened is the reason enough why I shouldn't engage you. But then again, I doubt if you've ever used an FN-SCAR( special force compact rifle) of any type. That factor alone drives us to a level pegging ground. You have to hit google to dig out information.

Also, the only version abandoned by the US navy seal was the light version of FN-SCAR. This is due to its heavy weight and jamming at some point.

"The U.S. Special Operations Command later canceled their purchase of the SCAR-L and planned to remove the rifle from their inventory by 2013. However, they will continue to purchase the SCAR-H version, and also plan to purchase 5.56 mm conversion kits for the SCAR-H, allowing it to substitute for the SCAR-L ."

Apart from the aforementioned, I agree with the rest of your points.
Ak47, R4, R5,Ar16, CR21 I've shot....haven't shot a Scar but it uses a short stroke piston action... Similar to the Ar16 so yeah I would say I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2022
Tanzania tztztztztz

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2022
jl115:

Ak47, R4, R5,Ar16, CR21 I've shot....haven't shot a Scar but it uses a short stroke piston action... Similar to the Ar16 so yeah I would say I know what I'm talking about.
Cool.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Shma2022:

That's a win affair for Kenya. SGR is still there. It will keep paying itself even before time expires.
Not at all
This is a classic example of your country's inability to pay off it's debt

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kazikazi:
Tanzania tztztztztz
wow...Kenya should submit and take lessons from the finest; the third phase of the Lagos BRT project is almost finished, and it is connected to the Lagos redline project.
proposal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9geu9WT88

The EMU project is 95% completion rate (with BRT and ferry terminal)

Rail, ferry and brt services all interconnected in One station,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LIO9zVGtHs

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2022
Just40:
I'm not concern about my 68% to GDP debt because all of it was invested into profit making businesses so they can be paid back.

Yours, you can't pay and went for debt freeze, debt restructuring and ended up defaulting even under IMF.
Go and lie to fools. International monetary fund and WB are both projecting your debt to GDP at 100+% by the start of next year.

You're currently doing a whopping 78% with nothing to show.
https://theconversation.com/ghana-and-the-imf-debt-restructuring-must-go-hand-in-hand-with-managing-finances-better-191877

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 12:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
vankelvin:

Not at all
This is a classic example of your country's inability to pay off it's debt
No, it's a high-voltage strategic decision. We don't want to fall into economic quagmire like ghana. We can pay SGR debt easily, but re-structuring debt payment period to a longer time, will make it more easier and less training to service it. Since we will now have to focus on other profit-accruing projects.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1607) (1608) (1609) (1610) (1611) (1612) (1613) ... (2495) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.