Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,985 members, 7,852,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1617) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1131557 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) ... (2493) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 6:56am On Nov 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Obaboon cement is cheaper in Kenya of course than both Nigeria n Ghana.There was spike in March this year of pretty much everything but everything is almost back to normal now.. clinker import has been substituted by local production and cement back to 5 dollars a bag... meanwhile in both Ghana and Nigeria things have gotten increasingly bad.You cannot hide bad news.Your both facing more than 100 percent inflation.Business Daily
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com › ...
Cement prices drop on increased supply as clinker shortage subsidesBusiness Daily
You are angry again. grin grin grin
There's nothing in your link that says anything about cement prices. If you find it you should quote it here.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 6:58am On Nov 11, 2022
Just40:
They've seen nothing yet..
They can only cook figures in that their backwater ... The market will expose them
grin grin
They're very good at cooking figures which has not helped them much. Imagine buying cement at ksh1000. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:20am On Nov 11, 2022
obaaderemi:
You are angry again. grin grin grin
There's nothing in your link that says anything about cement prices. If you find it you should quote it here.
It easy to confirm such basic things as price of cement in Kenya.Youre interested in heckling. Cement price and pretty much everything shot in Kenya in March this year and have nearly all gone back to normal.Cement was 500-600 in March then shot to 800-1000 due inflation,forex and shortages..it didn't last..now it's 600-650.That almost same story for most commodities.Inflation due to Ukraine war is over.Liquidity crunch over.Its impact on economy muted.. cement consumption went up almost 20 percent.Kenya had terrible Q2 and Q3 because of Ukraine & elections but as always our well diversified and resilient economy is teaching many in Africa lessons.Ghana and Nigeria are in freefall as they have not reign on the inflation
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2022
obaaderemi:
They're very good at cooking figures which has not helped them much. Imagine buying cement at ksh1000. grin
Nigeria how much do you buy cement..world worst for years due to Dangotes capture.Kenya has 10 cement companies I think... competition is brutal.. cement is now 600 going to 500.. Nigeria how thousand of naira
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:35am On Nov 11, 2022
Quick check it's 4200 in Nigeria though it's probably 6000 naira in major cities like Lagos due to transport system that broken down...in Kenya with 10 cement companies and plants all over the major cities..I am sure it's you can cheapest now for 550.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae2: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Quick check it's 4200 in Nigeria though it's probably 6000 naira in major cities like Lagos due to transport system that broken down...in Kenya with 10 cement companies and plants all over the major cities..I am sure it's you can cheapest now for 550.
It's around 4000 naira not 6000 naira. Even if we should agree with you that Nigerian cement prices are high ( by your logic), you can see that the prices were also quite stable throughout the year even with the inflation and the Ukraine war.
That's the effect of local production. It leaves things under your control to an extent, all you have to do is get more dominant local players in the Market and the prices would eventually come down. There are three dominant cement manufacturers in Nigeria (Dangote, BUA, Lafrage) due to how matured they are in the business and because they have great capital, but there are several other small players growing and with time when we have 6 dominant cement manufacturers across the regions, the cement prices would crash from 4000 naira.
The key thing is that it has been quite stable in price even with the global problems, because of local production by big players in Nigerian stock market (Dangote, BUA, Lafrage).
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Wuoche: 7:48am On Nov 11, 2022
obaaderemi:

Stop forcing your imagination on us.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:52am On Nov 11, 2022
GeneralDae2:

It's around 4000 naira not 6000 naira. Even if we should agree with you that Nigerian cement prices are high ( by your logic), you can see that the prices were also quite stable throughout the year even with the inflation and the Ukraine war.
That's the effect of local production. It leaves things under your control to an extent, all you have to do is get more dominant local players in the Market and the prices would eventually come down. There are three dominant cement manufacturers in Nigeria (Dangote, BUA, Lafrage) due to how matured they are in the business and because they have great capital, but there are several other small players growing and with time when we have 6 dominant cement manufacturers across the regions, the cement prices would crash from 4000 naira.
The key thing is that it has been quite stable in price even with the global problems, because of local production by big players in Nigerian stock market (Dangote, BUA, Lafrage).
Don't excuse grand corruption with lame excuses.Your cement industry is a huge mess.They literally sucking your blood.Kenya cement price has remained 500-600shs for last 20yrs. Temporary shocks like Ukraine are very very rare.Competition has kept our cement price very low...Comesa duty free entry of Egypt good makes our manufacturing very competitive.You can't protect Dangotes.Kenya has Egypt in Comesa allowed to bring their stuff like clinke duty free...so kenya companies have to be competitive..in all sectors...not be protected.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Wuoche: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2022

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:26am On Nov 11, 2022
rvp2018:
Nigeria how much do you buy cement..world worst for years due to Dangotes capture.Kenya has 10 cement companies I think... competition is brutal.. cement is now 600 going to 500.. Nigeria how thousand of naira
Cement in Kenya was almost$10 from March until October! What wickedness.
Now, thank God, it's ksh650, which is over $5, higher than in Nigeria. It's N4000 in Nigeria, that's about $5.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:30am On Nov 11, 2022
Wuoche:

Stop forcing your imagination on us.

That's still more expensive than in Nigeria. They're taking you for fools in Kenya. The same country where you buy a litre of petrol for N1000 before the imf says so.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:31am On Nov 11, 2022
Wuoche:
Show something new. These are frayed pictures.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2022
rvp2018:
It easy to confirm such basic things as price of cement in Kenya.Youre interested in heckling. Cement price and pretty much everything shot in Kenya in March this year and have nearly all gone back to normal.Cement was 500-600 in March then shot to 800-1000 due inflation,forex and shortages..it didn't last..now it's 600-650.That almost same story for most commodities.Inflation due to Ukraine war is over.Liquidity crunch over.Its impact on economy muted.. cement consumption went up almost 20 percent.Kenya had terrible Q2 and Q3 because of Ukraine & elections but as always our well diversified and resilient economy is teaching many in Africa lessons.Ghana and Nigeria are in freefall as they have not reign on the inflation
How come the price of cement remained stable in Nigeria in spite of inflation? ksh1000 is crazy. And ksh650 is still too expensive.
Your inflation is higher than the official rate.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:36am On Nov 11, 2022
rvp2018:
This guy is more stupidd than suffeesmiling. There's a cement factory at Ibese which is very close to Lagos. So how can cement be more expensive than elsewhere in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:41am On Nov 11, 2022
obaaderemi:
buying cement at almost 9 dollars is quite insane grin grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2022
rvp2018:
do you mean Kenya import 10 cement brands?
Cause last we checked, your tiny production couldn't meet demand grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 8:52am On Nov 11, 2022
Just40:
buying cement at almost 9 dollars is quite insane grin grin
I was shocked. I wonder what other rots are hidden in that poohole called Kenya. I expected someone like R I P to complain about such things here but they will always pretend as if all is well with them. We've seen Ghanaians and Nigerians here criticize their Governments here.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 8:53am On Nov 11, 2022
Obaboon, look like you're competing with resident madman, for darwin prize!
Now get serious
Kenya cement never got 10 dollars. That would be 1200.
It rose in brief period from btw 500-600 (depending on the brand) to btw 800-1000 - final retail prize.
That period was Ukraine/Panic/Shortage - btw march & sept.
Nigeria cement as of last year was already 4200 naira. That when Naira was officially at 380 dollars to Naira.
That mean officially you were past 10 dollars before this year.
It almost reached breaking point - elasticity - that is why your cement consumption is now stuck at 20-25m metric tonnes for 220m people.
Kenya has risen to 10m tonnes.
Our cement prize has been btw 500-700 for the last 20yrs.
I started building in 2006 - and bought the cement for that prize - and that still the range - depending generally on where - wholesale for 400-500 & retail from 500-700 - depending on the distance to hardware in entire kenya.

Nigeria in Lagos or Kano I saw report that as of last year what you actually buy from your hardware shop is more than 4200 naira.

obaaderemi:
Cement in Kenya was almost$10 from March until October! What wickedness.
Now, thank God, it's ksh650, which is over $5, higher than in Nigeria. It's N4000 in Nigeria, that's about $5.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 8:56am On Nov 11, 2022
We didnt just complain.
We kicked out Uhuru and his project...for economic mismanagement.
Kenya went south the moment the drunkard took the sails from Ruto who had generally be running the gov.
Raila is feckless fool who cant hack anything.
That is why Ruto became president and country is on a serious mend.
obaaderemi:
I was shocked. I wonder what other rots are hidden in that poohole called Kenya. I expected someone like R I P to complain about such things here but they will always pretend as if all is well with them. We've seen Ghanaians and Nigerians here criticize their Governments here.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 8:59am On Nov 11, 2022
Kenya is not Ghana. Kenya cement companies are Dangotes of the region.
Kenya has about 10 cements companies - so with factories in Tanzania and Uganda.
There is no single imported cement brand in kenya...Dangote import from Nigeria to sell in Ghana.
Dangote has bagging facility in Ghana.
That can only mean you're terrible.
You import tonnes of clinker....

Generally a country that imported finished goods from Nigeria shouldnt be in conversation here.

Just40:
do you mean Kenya import 10 cement brands?
Cause last we checked, your tiny production couldn't meet demand grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:00am On Nov 11, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Obaboon, look like you're competing with resident madman, for darwin prize!
Now get serious
Kenya cement never got 10 dollars. That would be 1200.
It rose in brief period from btw 500-600 (depending on the brand) to btw 800-1000 - final retail prize.
That period was Ukraine/Panic/Shortage - btw march & sept.
Nigeria cement as of last year was already 4200 naira. That when Naira was officially at 380 dollars to Naira.
That mean officially you were past 10 dollars before this year.
It almost reached breaking point - elasticity - that is why your cement consumption is now stuck at 20-25m metric tonnes for 220m people.
Kenya has risen to 10m tonnes.
Our cement prize has been btw 500-700 for the last 20yrs.
I started building in 2006 - and bought the cement for that prize - and that still the range - depending generally on where - wholesale for 400-500 & retail from 500-700 - depending on the distance to hardware in entire kenya.

Nigeria in Lagos or Kano I saw report that as of last year what you actually buy from your hardware shop is more than 4200 naira.

Idiot, ksh1000 is almost $10. In Nigeria, it has stayed stable at N4000 for a long time. If you divide that by N800 to a dollar, you get $5. It's currently more than that in Kenya at ksh650. That's more than $5. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:02am On Nov 11, 2022
Mkenya2019:
We didnt just complain.
We kicked out Uhuru and his project...for economic mismanagement.
Kenya went south the moment the drunkard took the sails from Ruto who had generally be running the gov.
Raila is feckless fool who cant hack anything.
That is why Ruto became president and country is on a serious mend.
For years, idiots like you praised Uhuru here. Very soon after Ruto leaves Kenya in a bigger mess than Uhuru did, you will be back here to abuse Ruto too. If you have not turned fully R I P by then. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:04am On Nov 11, 2022
Obaboon,
Stick to stubborn facts.
120kshs is one dollar.
1000/120 - highest it got this year is not 10 dollars.
That is 8.3 dollars.
Generally cement in kenya is about 550-600 - for donkey years.
That is generally 5-6 dollars.

As for Nigeria - as of last year - you were already 12 dollars. I am sure right now if you were to honest state how much you buy at hardware - it close to 6,000 naira.

Your cement industry has been studied - and conclusion - Dangote is killing you. There is NO competition. There is serious protectionism.

obaaderemi:
Idiot, ksh1000 is almost $10. In Nigeria, it has stayed stable at N4000 for a long time. If you divide that by N800 to a dollar, you get $5. It's currently more than that in Kenya at ksh650. That's more than $5. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:06am On Nov 11, 2022
Welcome to democracy.
We cannot suffer a sleepy dead Buhari for that long.

Ruto has to perform or he goes home.

obaaderemi:
For years, idiots like you praised Uhuru here. Very soon after Ruto leaves Kenya in a bigger mess than Uhuru did, you will be back here to abuse Ruto too. If you have not turned fully R I P by then. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Obaboon,
Stick to stubborn facts.
120kshs is one dollar.
1000/120 - highest it got this year is not 10 dollars.
That is 8.3 dollars.
Generally cement in kenya is about 550-600 - for donkey years.
That is generally 5-6 dollars.

As for Nigeria - as of last year - you were already 12 dollars. I am sure right now if you were to honest state how much you buy at hardware - it close to 6,000 naira.

Your cement industry has been studied - and conclusion - Dangote is killing you. There is NO competition. There is serious protectionism.

You are pained. grin Ksh1000 is almost$10. There's no ksh550 cement in Kenya. If you know of such share it here. Cement in Nigeria is only N4000, where did you see N6000, desperate man? grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Welcome to democracy. We cannot suffer a sleepy dead Buhari for that long.
Ruto has to perform or he goes home.

It's not democracy when you hide your government's shortcomings. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2022
Another default from Kenya

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:30am On Nov 11, 2022
obaaderemi:
suffering yet smiling ampa grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:37am On Nov 11, 2022
Mkenya2019:
Kenya is not Ghana. Kenya cement companies are Dangotes of the region.
Kenya has about 10 cements companies - so with factories in Tanzania and Uganda.
There is no single imported cement brand in kenya...Dangote import from Nigeria to sell in Ghana.
Dangote has bagging facility in Ghana.
That can only mean you're terrible.
You import tonnes of clinker....

Generally a country that imported finished goods from Nigeria shouldnt be in conversation here.

As if we don't know you import most of your cement from TZ and Uganda

Yes we import clinker because we don't have much of it.

With our cement production at 15million tonnes and consumption at 12.5 million tonnes for 31 million people... That's a huge boom

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:38am On Nov 11, 2022
Just40:
suffering yet smiling ampa grin

You know yourself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWArIGL6Pdw

Ghana, IMF colony.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 9:39am On Nov 11, 2022
Just40:
As if we don't know you import most of your cement from TZ and Uganda

Yes we import clinker because we don't have much of it.

With our cement production at 15million tonnes and consumption at 12.5 million tonnes for 31 million people... That's a huge boom

Resident madman..
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Wuoche: 9:41am On Nov 11, 2022
obaaderemi:

You are poor in maths. ksh600 is equal to $5. Ksh1000 is $8.3

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) ... (2493) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.