Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,355 members, 7,853,576 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:25 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (2244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1132448 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) ... (2494) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 11:05am On Jun 16, 2023
Poland and Ukraine are siamese twins now. Clearly Ramaphosa peace project is unwelcomed.

Until big boys of US, Germany, France and UK - financing Ukraine - say enough with beating of Putin - there is no peace deal in Ukraine

And why would US & EU-UK want a peace deal when Russia is getting bogged down & depleted by brave Ukrainians with a few hand-me down weapons?

Tell Ramaphosa to turn from Kiev and head to Sudan or DRC or Mozambique - or Somalia - or Mali - or so many Africa countries need peace deals.

There is nasty war in Sudan - and South Africa can be helpful there.

mzansiboy:

The president's security is secured, clearly you don't have all the facts, and we know that Poland is a racist country. They will be in big trouble should the president be in any sort of trouble. Forward with peace forward!!!

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shaytun: 11:42am On Jun 16, 2023
rvp2018:
Poland and Ukraine are siamese twins now. Clearly Ramaphosa peace project is unwelcomed.

Until big boys of US, Germany, France and UK - financing Ukraine - say enough with beating of Putin - there is no peace deal in Ukraine

And why would US & EU-UK want a peace deal when Russia is getting bogged down & depleted by brave Ukrainians with a few hand-me down weapons?

Tell Ramaphosa to turn from Kiev and head to Sudan or DRC or Mozambique - or Somalia - or Mali - or so many Africa countries need peace deals.

There is nasty war in Sudan - and South Africa can be helpful there.

Thank you for this!!

I love the way you framed this.

Very shameless leaders, they are just embarrassing themselves.

They didn’t form a coalition on Sudan and Ethiopia, and when that dumb Tunisia president was making a racist remark.

Look at what a Ukrainian official is saying about their unwanted peace effort.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 11:44am On Jun 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

That's cool but that doesn't signify much in terms of influence/relevance in Africa.
Ethiopia is home to the AU and was never colonised but how relevant is Ethiopia in Africa? Even in East Africa, many would consider Kenya more influential than Ethiopia.

Influence is mostly about Economy, Military, and spread of your culture.

Ghana is doing well but she is not even the most influential in English speaking West Africa. Ivorycoast is the most influential French speaking West African country and Nigeria is still the most influential English speaking West African country.

Kenya is the most influential East African Country just like South Africa in Southern Africa. Egypt is the top dog in North Africa.

Economic ranking, Military ranking, and Cultural spread in that order are the three topmost metrics to guage influence/relevance here.
kwame Nkrumah gave emperor salasi of ethiopia Ghana right then . Ghana was condition to host the Africa Union after it was fought by kwame himself ( uniting african) the headquarter was given to ethiopia but on a negotiations ground , kwame Nkrumah handed it over to ethiopia. This is a fact that you can read about online.

Influence is mostly about economic , governance and leadership and when you are factoring this aforementioned stastics , a reputable financial institution like ""brand finance"" raised Ghana among the top 10 most influential country in africa ( Nigeria and kenya are missing in the spot ) they don't even qualify. south africa and Morocco comes first and second respectively.

Let's start from brand finance first .

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shaytun: 11:49am On Jun 16, 2023
vaxx:
kwame Nkrumah gaves emperor salasi of ethiopia then Ghana right . Ghana was condition to host the Africa Union headquarter but on a negotiations ground , kwame Nkrumah handed it over to ethiopia.

Influence is mostly about economic , governance and leadership and when you are factoring this aforementioned stastics , a reputable financial institution like brand finance raised Ghana among the top most influential country in africa ( Nigeria and kenya are missing in the spot ) south africa and Morocco comes first and second respectively.

Let's start from brand finance first .

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

What brand does Ghana have that influences anything in Africa.

Nigerian Brands have more influence in Ghana than Ghanaian Brands.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by IGpro1(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2023
samorobo:

It’s impossible for Ghana to influence Nigeria to do anything she does not want to do.
Bro it's an insult to compare Nigeria to Ghana on political influence both in Ecowas,AU and on international stage,

It's a big insult, it's like comparing Zimbabwe to South Africa,
I don't blame these Ghanaians though, it's an inherent thing in them to argue so as to feel good.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2023
Shaytun:

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

What brand does Ghana have that influences anything in Africa.

Nigerian Brands have more influence in Ghana than Ghanaian Brands.
A reputable organization called brand finance says Ghana is more influential than Nigeria . I didn't say so . So don't be too stupid to fight the organization and not vaxx.

Your second paragraph is actually from your anus not your brain anyway .

This is a global soft power index for 2023 ....

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Stoplying: 12:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
When I was younger I thought that Africans were mentally strong enough to not be swayed by propaganda. Well I was wrong, today you have Africans (mostly Nigerians) who worship Israel, America, the EU, and now Ukraine...
Nigerians are the least equipped to fend off propaganda, especially western propaganda.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Stoplying: 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2023
vaxx:
A reputable organization called brand finance says Ghana is more influential than Nigeria . I didn't say so . So don't be too stupid to fight the organization and not vaxx.

Nigeria is a nation which eats itself rather than grow food for its people. It's a big chaotic country with no aim to improve, Nigerians are only interested in having their turn at carving the national cake, they are not interested in baking new cakes. In 400 years, Nigeria would have become a jungle. I tell you.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 16, 2023
Just40:
You see how dumb you are 🤣😂

You USAID providing 2.5 million dollars to private industries to help them sell enough fertilizers to farmers become aid to Ghana ?

Which school did you attend again? Try harder
USAID is a charity organization, so yes, that is charity! It matters less whether it funds private or public organizations. We have more Humanitarian, org_( PRIVATE), Let's use NGo for your midget brain to grasp; receiving funds from foreign donors in grands ( UNHAS, USAID, IFRC name them! Donations are majorly funded through private Orgs!

We exchange Kenya with Ghana for a week we forget Ghana! Ghana cannot withstand the grinding climate change experienced in Eastern Kenya! Ghana cannot stand AL-SHABAAB! Kenya spent a lot in taking reprisals and mitigating drought-related risks! Kenyan government have done more donations than Ghana would ever achieve, we should not forget that! Let's not view issues from a shallow point of view! Donations are Ok. If earthquakes attack Nepal, Kenya will send donations! Notwithstanding the intense suffering of Turkana or Kibera people.

We send 240 T of donations in the recent earthquake attack in Turkey, Something that Ghana can't even think of.
https://samrack.com/kenya-donates-240-tons-of-aid-to-turkey/

Ghana has everything not to warrant AID! It baffles me how it's still a receiver. Force Majeure is unlikely to happen in Ghana_ and no history suggests any deleterious event therein.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
vaxx:

What are those big Ghanaian finance brands?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
samorobo:

It’s impossible for Ghana to influence Nigeria to do anything she does not want to do.
Is this even debatable? Ghanaians are notably the most delusional Nairalanders I have seen. I knew Nigeria before Ghana! Any Kenyan will tell you that. A normal person outside BLACK/NEGROs(majority*98%* of whom came from enslaved Ghanian generation - In UK and US) , won't know sh*t about Ghana .
How does tiny Ghana influence anything for pete's sake?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Stoplying: 1:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shma2023:

A normal person outside BLACK-NEGROs(majority of whom were enslaved from Ghana - In UK and US) , won't know sh*t about Ghana .
You've taken your ignorance to a new level. Why are there so many brain dead guys like you on this website ?

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
Stoplying:

You've taken your ignorance to a new level. Why are there so many brain dead guys like you on this website ?
Have you heard of the YEAR OF RETURN? Or you're a hot Air balloon dancing around & filling the space with empty words like "braindead" ?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by maidaboi(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shma2023:

Have you heard of the YEAR OF RETURN? Or you're a hot Air balloon dancing around & filling the space with empty words like "braindead" ?
imagination will not kill him
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

Nah

Ghana has no influence even in west africa because that's Nigeria turf

Ghana was known for football so football is no longer it's strong point, it has nothing to stand on

This is true.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 1:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

What are those big Ghanaian finance brands?
I actually don't know what you are saying . But this are some Ghanaian company worth billion of dollars. GCB, engineer and planners , zoom lion and some few I can't remember for now

Finance brand is a reputable global organization , they do rank and value the worth of every organization.amd nations. Go read about them and check there methodologies

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
DDX369:
This guy is obviously trolling... ghana influence nigeria to accept lgbtq... lolz..West africa is nigeria's playground...north africa - egypt.. south - SA ... east -kenya... America has close relationship with ghana thats why they can go there to say their bullshit... they feel it will be easier to convince ghana then any other west african country

Son,
Let me correct you...

What is kenyan influence on the east African region? What exactly?

I think we should start to talk with proof not these mockery you are busy doing
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Stoplying: 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
There should be a law for a minimum degree requirement to post on social media. Because as it is, social media has become an eco chamber of the stupidest elements of the world, unfortunately the latter make up more than 70% of the world's population.
And in a gathering of idiots, signs of intelligence are interpreted as hérésie.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 1:49pm On Jun 16, 2023
GeneralDae:
Nigerian billionaires feel pain as Abdul Samad Rabiu loses a third of his fortune in Naira devaluation, losing nearly $3 billion in a day Mr. Rabiu’s valuation fell by $2.73 billion to $5.54 billion.

Most wealthy Nigerians maintain most of their business exposure in the country, which means their wealth is denominated in Naira. In other words, Rabiu’s wealth valuation was further weakened by the recent unification of the naira’s exchange rate system.
All these will affect the GDP figures and per capita income
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

That's cool but that doesn't signify much in terms of influence/relevance in Africa.
Ethiopia is home to the AU and was never colonised but how relevant is Ethiopia in Africa? Even in East Africa, many would consider Kenya more influential than Ethiopia.

Influence is mostly about Economy, Military, and spread of your culture.

Ghana is doing well but she is not even the most influential in English speaking West Africa. Ivorycoast is the most influential French speaking West African country and Nigeria is still the most influential English speaking West African country.

Kenya is the most influential East African Country just like South Africa in Southern Africa. Egypt is the top dog in North Africa.

Economic ranking, Military ranking, and Cultural spread in that order are the three topmost metrics to guage influence/relevance here.

The story of influence is now blown out of proportions

What is kenyan influence on east African nations?

And if we put economy as a factor, Ethiopia has a bigger GDP

If we talk about military,Ethiopia has the biggest army in the region.

If we talk about culture,Tanzania is on top because the Swahili language,our music and movies are being consumed more than anyone's

Again,where is kenyan influence on those 3 metrics u used?

Ok. What about politics? Can kenya come out on top? No no way.

Tanzania has more political influence on the region than kenya and Ethiopians.

I still cannot see the kenyan influence. I can't. May be I should get a microscope to see kenyan influence.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 2:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
Nairobi

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 2:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kazikazi:

If we talk about culture,Tanzania is on top because the Swahili language,our music and movies are being consumed more than anyone's

I still cannot see the kenyan influence. I can't. May be I should get a microscope to see kenyan influence.

Look harder....

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kazikazi:

If you can't see facts from comments coming out of EAC, then you're undoubtedly a DUNDERHEAD. I can't be a SAn acknowledging Kenyan influence in EA for no reason. Egypt is influential in North because we know that; we don't need to go to nitty gritty OR seek Egyptian to tell us that!

Secondly, TZ is a lazy infested country ; I mean this. Tzn are too slow for regional integration plans. Just check the number of Kenyan expertise in TZ for instance. Or, check the dominant Kenyan firms in Tz and contrast with the vice?

Thirdly, Tz was colonized by Germans, Kenya was colonized by British. If you don't know the meaning of this, go and sale your head.

Fourthly; Kiswahili didn't originate from Tz. Going by this logic, Congo is the real deal, right? Deep history suggests so! Kenyan Swahili is more loved across the glove. People associate Swahili with kenya, despite the massive Tz Swahili speakers..

Fifthly, kenyans are more vocal.
95% of Tanzanians can't speak English. How do you expect TZ to influence anything? The hell! You need to be good in both language to even thing of becoming influential.

Sixth, your Economy last I checked was nearly half kenya's. If we make an average of economic dominance; from the early 90s to date; Tz has never been relevant. Kenya has had resilient growth despite climate change and terror attacks! Kenya is in the fore front to ensure peace in EAC! We have more refugee camps than any country around: Sudanese, Ethiopians, Somalia, Tanzanian beggers, Ugandans name them.

I can go on and on.... If your president gets sick, he will be rushed to Kenya before being taken abroad... Or just get treated in Kenya and released home. We have direct flights to Newyork and many places, your bigwigs (including the president) have to jet into Kenya before Catching a flight with KQ.

We have designed Dar! Kenyan architects are the pioneer of the most overhyped blue towers in Dar that has ballooned your Ego.

The list is endless. Tz is nothing.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
vaxx:
I actually don't know what you are saying . But this are some Ghanaian company worth billion of dollars. GCB, engineer and planners , zoom lion and some few I can't remember for now

Finance brand is a reputable global organization , they do rank and value the worth of every organization.amd nations. Go read about them and check there methodologies
You are funny. GCB is a state owned Bank but I don't think it's worth 1 Billion dollars. It's market cap on the Ghanaian stock exchange (GSE) is just 848 million cedis (84 million dollars).

Engineers and planners, I can't find any information as to what it's worth.

Zoomlion is a Chinese company except you have another Zoomlion we don't know about.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 4:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

You are funny. GCB is a state owned Bank but I don't think it's worth 1 Billion dollars. It's market cap on the Ghanaian stock exchange (GSE) is just 848 million cedis (84 million dollars).

Zoomlion is a Chinese company except you have another Zoomlion we don't know about.
you this freshest guy, u really dey try. I swear.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2023
gallivant:

Look harder....

In 2023 things have moved
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2023
AfriqueDuZuid:

In 2023 things have moved

Things have moved for the worst in South Africa. Is that what you mean?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mzal3ndo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2023
Shma2023:

If you can't see facts from comments coming out of EAC, then you're undoubtedly a DUNDERHEAD. I can't be a SAn acknowledging Kenyan influence in EA for no reason. Egypt is influential in North because we know that; we don't need to go to nitty gritty OR seek Egyptian to tell us that!

Secondly, TZ is a lazy infested country ; I mean this. Tzn are too slow for regional integration plans. Just check the number of Kenyan expertise in TZ for instance. Or, check the dominant Kenyan firms in Tz and contrast with the vice?

Thirdly, Tz was colonized by Germans, Kenya was colonized by British. If you don't know the meaning of this, go and sale your head.

Fourthly; Kiswahili didn't originate from Tz. Going by this logic, Congo is the real deal, right? Deep history suggests so! Kenyan Swahili is more loved across the glove. People associate Swahili with kenya, despite the massive Tz Swahili speakers..

Fifthly, kenyans are more vocal.
95% of Tanzanians can't speak English. How do you expect TZ to influence anything? The hell! You need to be good in both language to even thing of becoming influential.

Sixth, your Economy last I checked was nearly half kenya's. If we make an average of economic dominance; from the early 90s to date; Tz has never been relevant. Kenya has had resilient growth despite climate change and terror attacks! Kenya is in the fore front to ensure peace in EAC! We have more refugee camps than any country around: Sudanese, Ethiopians, Somalia, Tanzanian beggers, Ugandans name them.

I can go on and on.... If your president gets sick, he will be rushed to Kenya before being taken abroad... Or just get treated in Kenya and released home. We have direct flights to Newyork and many places, your bigwigs (including the president) have to jet into Kenya before Catching a flight with KQ.

We have designed Dar! Kenyan architects are the pioneer of the most overhyped blue towers in Dar that has ballooned your Ego.

The list is endless. Tz is nothing.
I think there needs to be extensive classes about economics in this forums so as to avoid this kind of gibberish. GDP is a very improper way of measuring an economy because it goes on the basis of everything produced in a country has to be sold and if its not being sold thus production is low. If you have a land and produce 10 bags of corn and sell five it is considered you produce 5 bags in terms of GDP and if it happens you increase production from 10 to 15 but still sell 5, it is considered no production increase has occurred. But if you still produce 10 and sell 7 instead of 5 it will be considered that production has increased.
Now since we have gotten that out of the way lets make a careful break down of the two economies. Kenya is more of a cooperate economy while Tanzania is more of a mommy and daddy shop kind of economy meaning most Kenyas on a large scale work for cooperation or someone else while most Tanzanians work for themselves and most of them in Agriculture. With vast areas of land most Tanzania make enough for themselves and sell the extra to meet monetary requirements (thats 70% of the working population are in agriculture). With a more cooperate form of doing business raw material pass though various industries to reach the final product and in all those stages in a monetary transfer happens that contributes to the gdp whereas in Tanzania its more as from the farm to the sell to consumer without major processing requirements.
So if you look at the GDP PPP pf the two nations (which is a bit more accurate in describing the economies) Tanzania is 2/3 of Kenyas economy which is not half by any metric and for a country that was still socialist till the early 2000s its fair in African standards. But although you have a larger economy in terms of monetary transactions Kenyas still pay way more in taxes and cost of living is higher thus its much better to be poor in Tanzania than in Kenya.
While you guys take pride in working hard Tanzania believe life in meant to be enjoyed so forgive us if we dont want to kill ourselves for money that when we die are not going to take anywhere.
P.S. Kenyan politician like this grandiose gestures, showing that they are working that is why they are pushing for rapid regional intergration but let me ask you this, If you add Somalia to the EAC and half of Somalia move to Kenya which is safer do you have the resources to accommodated and build all the infrastructure needed to support them or are your leaders going to go to Washington with their tails between their legs to beg for aid?

Kenya as colonized by the British, what does that have to do with development? The Germans lost the first world war and its colonial territories where transfered to the British and other allied powers (Most colonies didn't make profit except for France and Belgium Congo) so I do not see any relevance to the matter apart from the British had more investments in Kenya than Tanzania since TZ was a protectorate meaning they where just overseeing things in Tz and had no intentions for mayor investment especially after fighting a major war.

Language, Second largest economy in the world speak Chinese, largest economy in Europe speak German, the entire North Africa speaks Arabic, you point being what exactly about language?

You asked how is Tanzania going to influence anything? Simple by having translators in international meetings just as the Chinese, Germans, Russians and the French do. You dont need to have the whole country speaking English only those whole represent us in International trade.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2023
Are we supposed to read all that? sad

Next time use a chart or graph!
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obaaderemi2: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kazikazi:

grin Are you sure?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Obaaderemi2: 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
GeneralDae:

$84m grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2023
gallivant:

Things have moved for the worst in South Africa. Is that what you mean?

SA is stable smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) ... (2494) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.