Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1104805 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (2491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Abohboy: 9:11am On Oct 17, 2021
NTSA:

South Africas GDP was at 136.4 billion while Nigeria's was at 69.45 in the year 2000 ..8 yrs later Nigeria overtook SA by more than 50 billion .
What was the growth rate of Nigeria in the 8 yr period?

It averaged 9% in those 13 years it wasn't 8 years

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:11am On Oct 17, 2021
Vlain:

Such a douchebag
just posting the facts bru wink if it wasn't apparent to you before maybe it is now...... I don't kiss a$$ I don't give a fvck if its Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana or who ever.... I tell it like it is!!
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:17am On Oct 17, 2021
Mkenya2019:
How comes you never stopped Mauritus with your hunting arrow when they not only overtook South Africa but have become Africa 1st developed country - with GDP per capita more than twice South Africa.

Your GDP per capita is stuck at 5000 usd. Kenya in next 5yrs will probably double it's own to 4,000 - and will join Upper Middle Class - and will be like South Africa for all practical reasons.

Mauritius is a tiny little island bru with little over a million citizens....granted they have done very well, but let's compare apples with apples.

Also according to the IMF our gdp nominal is now $415 bil divide that by 60.5 million then we get a gdp per capita of nearly $7000 while Kenya is still at $2200

Did I mention our economy is projected to out grow yours in 2021?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 9:17am On Oct 17, 2021
NTSA:

South Africas GDP was at 136.4 billion while Nigeria's was at 69.45 in the year 2000 ..8 yrs later Nigeria overtook SA by more than 50 billion .
What was the growth rate of Nigeria in the 8 yr period?
Nigeria had to readjust it GDP reporting system because it had been underreporting for years and everyone knew that.

Unfortunately, same can't be said for Kenya because of how limited your economic reach is and hence why your figures were highly disputed.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2021
vankelvin:
[/b]

Sure

That's one negative side of home schooling. In life, Socialization is very very important.
yep

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:18am On Oct 17, 2021
rvp2018:
Nominal gdp lower than 1100usd - Least developed country - DRC Congo
Nominal gpd per capita of 1100usd or about - threshold to below Lower Middle Income - Kenya
Nominal gdp of 4000 to 12000 - Upper middle class - South Africa
Nominal gdp above 12,000 is developed country - the entry point - Mauritus/Seychelles have hit there.

That is according to IMF/WB

South Africa GDP 2020 301.9 /60m = 5000usd.

End of this year - it will projected to be 400/60=roughly 6700usd.

according the the IMF our gdp per capita is over $6900
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Gichwawa254: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2021
vankelvin:

Abidjan is not underated by Anglophone West African's.. The truth is, Abidjan and Dakar in the 90's were the best cities in West Africa.. Infact, some people were calling those cities "the Paris of Africa". But for some years now these cities have not seen much development like it did in the 70's,80's and the 90's..

When you compare Abidjan-Dakar of the 90's-. to 2021, then Accra and Lagos of the 90's to 2021, Accra and Lagos have seen much development than Abidjan and Dakar.

Those two Francophone cities are well organized than Accra and Lagos but the later are very much developed and mordenized than the former.
OK if you say so coz haven't been to any of those cities in west Africa but the videos n pictures of 2021 say otherwise bruh Abidjan is good on the eyes than lasgidi n Acrra
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 9:19am On Oct 17, 2021
jl115:
Mauritius is a tiny little island bru with little over a million citizens....granted they have done very well, but let's compare apples with apples.

Also according to the IMF our gdp nominal is now $415 bil divide that by 60.5 million then we get a gdp per capita of nearly $7000 while Kenya is still at $2200

correction

Kenya is at $1812 according to the world Bank

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:21am On Oct 17, 2021
Abohboy:

Well it's coming South Africa isn't going to be at the top forever even in standards of living in Africa both Nigeria and Kenya will soon catch up especially seeing how Nigerians are increasingly become open to different political parties
based on what evidence??
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2021
rvp2018:
People are driven to the informal economy out of poverty. Not by choice. It cannot be an economy policy. It's the default - you will find people hawking or eking out a living in the streets out of poverty. That is why your poverty data need to be relooked.

Long and short of the story, informal sector is helping Ghana so why don't you stick to your cooperatives then allow Ghana stick to it's informal sector?

Have you asked yourself why Ghanaians run Ghana but in Kenya it's foreigners that control your country? It's because of poverty.

Perhaps if you changed your ways and allowed your poor and the middle class to work in the informal sector you people would have reduced the kind of poverty you face in your country.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Abohboy: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2021
jl115:
based on what evidence??

Political change

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:29am On Oct 17, 2021
Dont be over-excited with covid-recovery. The medium term (next 5yrs) prognosis remain 1.3 % percent growth - while population is increasing at same 1.3% - so basically you're going to stagnate around 5-7K until 2030.
AfriqueDuZuid:

That's not really the case the commodity prices were up in 2010 however in 2021 is economy has diverse more, by 2030 platinum will be phased out. South Africa economy is a service driven economy much like those of developed countries.

Again that was mainly driven by bad governance + dipped commodity prices.

But we on a ne trajectory now by year end we will be over 7000 in gdp per capita+ more spectrum+data centers+roads+new cities+green energy+things are looking up smiley

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:33am On Oct 17, 2021
You're confusing - 415B is projected for this year - the real figures will be out when some time next year. Your 2020 GDP from what I can see is 300B. I have seen you say 380B.

Mauritus tiny or not - has overtaken South Africa - this did not just happen - they made it happen.

South Africa economy is expected to recover. Kenya economy will grow. The big difference - coming from -5 percent last year to 5 percent is zero growth - it's recovery.

jl115:

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2021
Abohboy:

Political change
that's not evidence wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2021
vankelvin:

Long and short of the story, informal sector is helping Ghana so why don't you stick to your cooperatives then allow Ghana stick to it's informal sector?

Have you asked yourself why Ghanaians run Ghana but in Kenya it's foreigners that control your country? It's because of poverty.

Perhaps if you changed your ways and allowed your poor and the middle class to work in the informal sector you people would have reduced the kind of poverty you guys face in your country.
There is almost no middle class in Kenya

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:35am On Oct 17, 2021
Gichwawa254:
OK if you say so coz haven't been to any of those cities in west Africa but the videos n pictures of 2021 say otherwise bruh Abidjan is good on the eyes than lasgidi n Acrra

That's because Abidjan and Dakar are well organized than Accra and Lagos but if you could look beyond their skyline and perhaps how organized those cities are you will notice that Accra and Lagos have overtaken those cities .
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 9:35am On Oct 17, 2021
Abohboy:

It averaged 9% in those 13 years it wasn't 8 years
Compare the GDP of both countries from 2000 to 2008( 8 yr period)
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Just30:
There is almost no middle class in Kenya

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:38am On Oct 17, 2021
Mkenya2019:
You're confusing - 415B is projected for this year - the real figures will be out when some time next year. Your 2020 GDP from what I can see is 300B. I have seen you say 380B.

Mauritus tiny or not - has overtaken South Africa - this did not just happen - they made it happen.

South Africa economy is expected to recover. Kenya economy will grow. The big difference - coming from -5 percent last year to 5 percent is zero growth - it's recovery.

$370 billion actually and it isn't a projection but the actual size of the economy after the rebase... And since our growth has out preformed expectations the projection of $415 billion is accurate.

As Mauritius again... Compare apples with apples.

BTW....your maths is shocking

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:39am On Oct 17, 2021
Informal sector=poverty. Kenya also has big informal sector - but we are trying to formalize them - by growing them to become enterprise.

I dont know if you have improved - I have seen data that your private sector employs only 300k (2007 data) - while Kenya private sector is approaching 3m.

You need to grow your formal private sector.

vankelvin:

Perhaps if you changed your ways and allowed your poor and the middle class to work in the informal sector you people would have reduced the kind of poverty you face in your country.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 9:39am On Oct 17, 2021
Just30:
Nigeria had to readjust it GDP reporting system because it had been underreporting for years and everyone knew that.

Unfortunately, same can't be said for Kenya because of how limited your economic reach is and hence why your figures were highly disputed.
I don't know what you mean by limited economic reach...maybe if you expound further I will be able to understand.
Last I checked kenyas economy is one of the most diversified in the region.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Abohboy: 9:40am On Oct 17, 2021
NTSA:

Compare the GDP of both countries from 2000 to 2008( 8 yr period)

I'm saying that Nigeria only surpassed South Africa in 2013 not in 2008

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Abohboy: 9:41am On Oct 17, 2021
jl115:
that's not evidence wink

It will be soon
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AfriqueDuZuid: 9:41am On Oct 17, 2021
Mkenya2019:
Dont be over-excited with covid-recovery. The medium term (next 5yrs) prognosis remain 1.3 % percent growth - while population is increasing at same 1.3% - so basically you're going to stagnate around 5-7K until 2030.

That's why IMF has been readjusting upward ever since it shows growth smiley

It really pains you that SA is going up neh, by year end we may be over 7200... Added with structural places in motion growth will be revised once again.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:44am On Oct 17, 2021
You're lucky the commodities rallied and your rand recovered. We would be talking about 250B dollars. Yes my shocking maths is telling me Kenya gdp per capita is growing very fast...while South Africa is struck...and I do not see any change that would make you escape middle income trap.

If you want to understand what's going on in your country - watch this video of South America - that is plagued by say middle class trap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udwo3DnMZ6I

jl115:
$370 billion actually and it isn't a projection but the actual size of the economy after the rebase... And since our growth has out preformed expectations the projection of $415 billion is accurate.

As Mauritius again... Compare apples with apples.

BTW....your maths is shocking
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 9:44am On Oct 17, 2021
Mkenya2019:
Informal sector=poverty. Kenya also has big informal sector - but we are trying to formalize them - by growing them to become enterprise.

I dont know if you have improved - I have seen data that your private sector employs only 300k (2007 data) - while Kenya private sector is approaching 3m.

You need to grow your formal private sector.

my private sector is employing 11 million people plus while the public sector is employing less than 2 million...

This is evident in our tax return filing..

Too bad only 7 million people are employed and file taxes in Kenya.

Informal sector does not equate to poverty...here

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:46am On Oct 17, 2021
Why doesnt Mauritus or Rwanda pain me? I telling your the truth you do not want to hear. Your country is dealing with serious structural and systemic issues that wont be easy to solve.
1) Income Inequality - the World Worst - by far.
2) Poor education - poorer than even Ghana!
3) Immigration - 10M illegal immigrants from mostly Zim that doesnt look likely to fix their mess.
All that is manifesting in xenophobias, riots and crime - and of course out migration of skilled labour -
AfriqueDuZuid:

That's why IMF has been readjusting upward ever since it shows growth smiley

It really pains you that SA is going up neh, by year end we may be over 7200... Added with structural places in motion growth will be revised once again.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2021
16M paying taxes less than Uganda - 6B dollars?
Just30:
my private sector is employing 11 million people plus while the public sector is employing less than 2 million...

This is evident in our tax return filing..

Too bad only 7 million people are employed and file taxes in Kenya.

Informal sector does not equate to poverty...here

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 17, 2021
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has released the list of the most innovative African countries according to the 2019 Global Innovation Index

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by NTSA: 9:53am On Oct 17, 2021
Abohboy:

I'm saying that Nigeria only surpassed South Africa in 2013 not in 2008
True to that ...but a simple Google search shows me that At one point in 2008 Nigeria had surpassed South Africa by 50 billion the following years the gap between Nigeria and South Africa was not so much.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Mkenya2019: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2021
You can almost see a direct correlation with quality of education..
mtisTheQubit:
The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) has released the list of the most innovative African countries according to the 2019 Global Innovation Index

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2021
NTSA:

I don't know what you mean by limited economic reach...maybe if you expound further I will be able to understand.
Last I checked kenyas economy is one of the most diversified in the region.
let me explain to you..

At the upper income poverty line of 5.50 dollars, the poverty rate increase to 90% for Kenya...
This means that only 5 million people in Kenya are at the comfortable middle class.

And we all know that those people are mostly foreigners to the 90th percentile.

To be diverse, your economy must create a trickle down effect.

Even if we use the middle income line of 3.20 dollars per day which is currently used in Ghana, the poverty rate is still as high as 70% for Kenya...

Which means only between 15 and 18 million Kenyans will find themselves in the shaky middle class.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (2491) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: ProblemChild1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.