Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1104592 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (2491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Torture2020:
Choices don’t exist when everyone is caught in the frenzy of increasing prices. cool

They see it as smart way to get ahead, but everyone suffers in the end. Trust me, this is a very dangerous trend. Ghana is the only country I know where people increases just because they feel like it. What choice do you have if you need the item or service? The govt should begin to orientate the people or we may end up like our unfortunate neighbors to the east grin

yep grin grin

And that's is what is happening

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Abohboy: 2:25pm On Oct 17, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

How can you say it is a lot of money this day general surgery only is more than 2.5 million naira. So how are you doing in South Africa enjoy yourself

Is he paying for surgery or is he buying equipment such as beds, lights, generator, stethoscopes etc? This is a local health care centre and if you didn't already know surgeries don't take place there it is where you go when you have a cold, or a minor sprain or may have broken a bone and it isn't major etc.

And what has Sowore done in that medium? NOTHING
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Gichwawa254: 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2021
Torture2020:
You are quoting the view, opinion of an individual as representative of reality?. Because somebody said something means that is what it is? You kenyans have a very long way to go, walahi! cool by the way, developed in what sense? Development means different things to different people grin

nop on things on the ground(reality) which can be seen on his videos and interviews from different personalities from both countries example a ghanian chef who is married to a kenyan who lives with his family in Nairobi mostly visits Accra after every two months each year who confessed to Kenya being better or you want me to bring that Ghana's vision 2050 development north star which quotes nai n Kenya as a role model anyway no vex charlie just friendly banter bruh given a chance to stay in west africa will choose ghana esp Takoradi n live with a dark skinned Akan beauty seems a cool place nway wanna learn Akan would you teach me

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2021
The Real Ghana grin grin
Guys ths peeps even got market for human parts..scary eeh..just listen to the drive..

An now i understand Ghana..you folks just mix eveything..you merge slums with your cbd..whats that..No zoning or what ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fqyVn04L-A

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
popizaino:

Ghana is not the only country with the informal sector as the backbone of her economy,in fact I'm sure 85% of sub-Saharan African countries depend on the informal sector and their capital cities doesn't come off as market centres like Accra.None of the countries ghana claim to look up to look like market centres,I mean Singapore and Norway grin. The informal trading are always cramped in big market places like you have kejetia. Accra metropolitan authorities should look to build such big markets in every District of the city to take off these mess from the street.This concept isn't alien to the cities you claim to be more developed than. If you want develop, do it like the rest of the world,don't claim development when you are still doing things like you have in stone age. Accra should depict herself as the been the administrative centre of an oil and gold rich nation not looking like open air market.

very true..
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Gichwawa254:
that nigga is mad think we don't know what's up in Ghana, better listen to Mr ghanababy Wode Maya (village boy) who knows his stuff,he has been around Ghana n been more than ten times in Kenya n includes last week who has said more than enough times Kenya is better n more developed than Ghana in his clips ,his words be like Ghana is only better than Kenya at only food cuisine (jollof nana rice n okra n some soup guessed called egusi or something).
That soup is prepared out of something that looks like a rat if i may add cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 17, 2021
Torture2020:
You are quoting the view, opinion of an individual as representative of reality?. Because somebody said something means that is what it is? You kenyans have a very long way to go, walahi! cool by the way, developed in what sense? Development means different things to different people grin

bro everyone can see development when presented... there are stuff you cant hide...an yes development is development... grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2021
Kazikazi:
The problem of these African nations is they have very weak institutions. They are failing big time on data collection,all their data are just estimated. It's not a surprise to see an African nation having a sound economy on paper,but on ground,they even lack a city which their whole economy is orchestrated from.
SA is quite different though. They have a GDP, and also they have things on ground.But these other bastards with over faked figures are a big joke.Go to some nations and see how backward,how primitive they are.See how they lack the life's necessities,e.g drinking water & healthcare.
True kazi..SA is way ahead... Now that's what i call development...Even though they got slums i like their zoning...Funny i do travel (unknown destination grin ) but not Africa.. Never visited SA..hear its a nice looking country..
How is it there kazi.heard you are an immigrant there cheesy
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2021
@ Jamestown123...was watching ths video about Accra an jametown an wast happy at all.Even the driver was stressing me with his tales cheesy
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2021
Just30:
I think as Ghanaians we seriously need to have a discussion on why Accra is so expensive..

It is just too much

Accra is the most expensive city in sub-Saharan Africa country as confirmed by a friend who was here in August and has visited every African country except the north African countries,Senegal and Mozambique. One very cook example of how you know the country is expensive is on the issue of cooking gas,12kg of cooking gas in Abidjan is like 52ghc and the same kg goes for more than 100ghc in Ghana.
The problem of prices sterm from Culture and lack of government policy on price control. The culture in the sense that an average Ghanaian doesn't want to bargain so as not to come off as been cheap or poor,so he/she rather get the product at the first asking price.

I think the general greedy nature of an average Ghanaian traders also contributes to why the city is so expensive. I have an in law who import lady shoes and bags from Turkey and china and she supplies retailers around UTC and kingsway, and to my greatest surprise she told she makes like 5ghc on each shoe she supplies to her customers and they in turn make about 50ghc or more on each shoes.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 3:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
vankelvin:

It's because of the mindset of traders in Accra.. They are profit conscious.. They are only concerned about making huge profit margin.

How come things are cheap in Kumasi, Techiman and Tamale but rather expensive in Accra even though most of the imported goods come through Tema-Accra before reaching the rest of the country.

Even products manufactured in Accra are cheaper in Kumasi than Accra.. Sea Fish is expensive in Accra than Kumasi meanwhile there's no sea in Kumasi, I mean how? undecided

Infact it's not Accra only. Things are very expensive in the entire Greater Accra Region than any other region.

grin grin grin grin grin. It appalling to say the least.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2021
popizaino:

Accra is the most expensive city in sub-Saharan Africa country as confirmed by a friend who was here in August and has visited every African country except the north African countries,Senegal and Mozambique. One very cook example of how you know the country is expensive is on the issue of cooking gas,12kg of cooking gas in Abidjan is like 52ghc and the same kg goes for more than 100ghc in Ghana.
The problem of prices sterm from Culture and lack of government policy on price control. The culture in the sense that an average Ghanaian doesn't want to bargain so as not to come off as been cheap or poor,so he/she rather get the product at the first asking price.

I think the general greedy nature of an average Ghanaian traders also contributes to why the city is so expensive. I have an in law who import lady shoes and bags from Turkey and china and she supplies retailers around UTC and kingsway, and to my greatest surprise she told she makes like 5ghc on each shoe she supplies to her customers and they in turn make about 50ghc or more on each shoes.

govt have no business controlling price

Anyway, food is very expressive in Abidjan... Just that when you're paying for it, you don't feel it in your pocket.

The cheapest thing in Accra is food
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2021
mtisTheQubit:
The Real Ghana grin grin
Guys ths peeps even got market for human parts..scary eeh..just listen to the drive..

An now i understand Ghana..you folks just mix eveything..you merge slums with your cbd..whats that..No zoning or what ?

Does James town look as Horrible as the majority of Kenya communities?
See how the houses are more better than you will have in Kenyan communities?

See how it road networks are well laid out, with electricity and Water with a better Health facility...

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
popizaino:

Are you sure cus this is also from Abidjan and claiming to be the second tallest skyscraper in Africa upon completion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3FHCsiirmE
This Abidjan tower will be lower than 300 meters.(283m) with 64 floors.While the one in Zanzibar will be way above 300 meters with 72 floors.Although the exact height isn't known yet,Zanzibar's domino will definitely be above that thing from west africa
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
mtisTheQubit:
The Real Ghana grin grin

Savages eat cats,dogs and rats.. imagine a country where a cane rat is a national delicacy
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2021
popizaino:

I think it same problem facing any country with history of hyperinflation.. Argentina, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Ghana..Its hard to trust cedis..it depreciate rapidly every year.. Ghana redominated about 10yrs but it has depreciated 600%...if you're selling you gotta factor future inflation..by time you're done..Kumasi I think does wholesale trading so things move faster

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2021
mtisTheQubit:

True kazi..SA is way ahead... Now that's what i call development...Even though they got slums i like their zoning...Funny i do travel (unknown destination grin ) but not Africa.. Never visited SA..hear its a nice looking country..
How is it there kazi.heard you are an immigrant there cheesy
Am a big man. I lived in many countries. Yes,SA looks beautiful and planned comparing with some shitholes, but I think African immigrants should get out from there...sooner.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Gichwawa254: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
mtisTheQubit:
The Real Ghana grin grin

grin
mtisTheQubit:
The Real Ghana grin grin

damn that driver hahaha eti you can get anything even human parts wallahi he is so hilarious
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
rvp2018:
I think it same problem facing any country with history of hyperinflation.. Argentina, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Ghana..Its hard to trust cedis..it depreciate rapidly every year
I think the main problem is the lack of local industries or having too small industries. The same thing is happening in Luanda. Luanda have been the most expensive city in Africa for ages,and to be honest,Luanda imports almost everything.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
Gichwawa254:
;Dniaje annael jamiiforum kunasemaje kuhusu sgr imefika wapi sasa
Am not annael.
Sgr is progressing well,we are constructing Africa's longest electrified sgr although Egyptians also wanna do the same.They wanna compete with united republic. We are ready for competition
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Kazikazi:
I think the main problem is the lack of local industries or having too small industries. The same thing is happening in Luanda. Luanda have been the most expensive city in Africa for ages,and to be honest,Luanda imports almost everything.
definitely coz if currency keep depreciating against USD then you have to ask for large markup.. negative feedback loop that keep inflation rising.Its probably better to dollarize the economy . Hyperinflation is nasty thing to fix...coz you need to somehow fix the negative loop by building trust in local currency

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Torture2020: 4:05pm On Oct 17, 2021
I guess a country whose citizens persistently starve, is a sure sign of development? cool

First, you need to “develop” your brain first grin

mtisTheQubit:

bro everyone can see development when presented... there are stuff you cant hide...an yes development is development... grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
rvp2018:
Savages eat cats,dogs and rats.. imagine a country where a cane rat is a national delicacy
Reminds me of a documentary we were watching..a guy was traveling to one if those amazon tribes..dude was offered a rat soup an trust me we almost vomited.. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Torture2020: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2021
Stop talking nonsense, huh? You may see development as tall buildings etc, I may see development as achieving a high level of literacy, good life expectancy, secured environment, good roads, food security, access to electricity, good health care etc etc. Those are very close to my definition of development. It’s not necessarily the evidence of tall buildings. How many tall buildings can you find in Norway, one of the richest countries in the world. So stop talking crap.

Building a skyscraper or not, in my opinion, is a function of population density. Countries with bigger population will naturally want to maximize space by constructing high-rise buildings. Countries with smaller populations may not see the need for skyscrapers.

It is ridiculous for a country like kenya to be talking about development when it’s citizens are starving cool

mtisTheQubit:

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Jamestown123: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2021
mtisTheQubit:
@ Jamestown123...was watching ths video about Accra an jametown an wast happy at all.Even the driver was stressing me with his tales cheesy
And what has that got to do with me? I'm I from ghana?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
Torture2020:
Stop talking nonsense, huh? You may see development as tall buildings etc, I may see development as achieving a high level of literacy, good life expectancy, secured environment, good roads, food security, access to electricity, good health care etc etc. Those are very close to my definition of development. It’s not necessarily the evidence of tall buildings. How many tall buildings can you find in Norway, one of the richest countries in the world. So stop talking crap.

Building a skyscraper or not, in my opinion, is a function of population density. Countries with bigger population will naturally want to maximize space by constructing high-rise buildings. Countries with smaller populations may not see the need for skyscrapers.

It is ridiculous for a country like kenya to be talking about development when it’s citizens are starving cool

The good news you have borrowed a brain from those body parts market place..now you sound almost intelligent..I will not add anything more bro grin an I gave you a like
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Torture2020: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
And yet kenyans are starving to death in their numbers cool You mudder fuggerz can’t even afford to give them cats, dogs and rats to eat? Meeen, to see your fellow citizens starve to death is an act of wickedness grin very callous mudder fuggerz grin national and international disgrace grin

rvp2018:

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2021
Kazikazi:
Am a big man. I lived in many countries. Yes,SA looks beautiful and planned comparing with some shitholes, but I think African immigrants should get out from there...sooner.

Big man ehh grin anyway kazi you mean they can pick you from the street just like that.kwani you look like a somali grin why is everyone talking of moving from that beautiful country
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Torture2020: 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2021
I piss inside your dirty, smelly mouth, ediiot! grin

Consider it your greatest achievement the privilege to talk to me. I don’t have time for illiterates like you cool

How is it my fault that kenyans cannot feed themselves? Those who live in glass houses, don’t throw stones grin

mtisTheQubit:

The good news you have borrowed a brain from those body parts market place..now you sound almost intelligent..I will not add anything more bro grin an I gave you a like

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2021
Gichwawa254:
;Ddamn that driver hahaha eti you can get anything even human parts wallahi he is so hilarious

Those Uber drivers are crazy lot..sometimes msee assume s you are a foreigner an start telling all crap about Nairobi.. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2021
Torture2020:
I piss inside your dirty, smelly mouth, ediiot! grin

Consider it your greatest achievement the privilege to talk to me. I don’t have time for illiterates like you cool

How is it my fault that kenyans cannot feed themselves? Those who live in glass houses, don’t throw stones grin

An we are back again ...what happened to the other brain bro...can't even rent it for a day ehh cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2021
mtisTheQubit:
The Real Ghana grin grin

Thank goodness you're seeing it for yourself grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) ... (2491) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.