Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State (42666 Views)

Kolapo Olusola Emerges As PDP Governorship Candidate In Ekiti Ahead Of 2018 / Rotimi Akeredolu Is Ondo Governor-Elect - Punch / Voters Receive Rotimi Akeredolu, Ondo APC Governorship Candidate (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Babatundecash(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
dorothy111:

You're very correct. Mimiko will cause PDP to lose. My fear for Aketi is the present state of the country, they might use that against him but considering that civil servants want Mimiko out, Aketi is the best they can produce.
BUHARI performances is very low and it is not encouraging but the fact remains that PDP has done more harm than good to the people of Ondo state.....7 working months without payment is not a joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by bolinxman: 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
senatordave1:
From my calculation,aketi would win although boroffice or abraham would have been better products.with the transparent manner the apc primaries went,I see aketi winning ondo.he would win the 6 lgas in ondo north by a wide margin.in ondo central,he would at least win one or 2 lgas with a slim margin(ifedore and idanre).in ondo south with the support of oke,he can win at least 3 or 4 lgas with a slim margin.pdp would only win in akure land,ondo land and 2 or 3 lgas in the south and would be undone in the northern zone
Akeredolu needs to pacify many people ,he said so many things against 'Akoko anointed Son' because his ambition beclouded his sense of reasoning. We may decide to rally round Agunloye.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Lifestone(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
bayooooooo:

Your argument is rich in opinions but short of facts. Aketi was not popular in 2012 and lost partly because of that. A popular candidate would have at least managed to win his polling unit but he did not.

2016 is a different year, he has raised his game but he is still not popular, at least in my opinion. Winning the ticket is a great feat but winning less than 25% of total delegates votes available is a source of concern. It shows he doesn't control the party machinery which exactly underscores my point that the assertion that godfatherism has been defeated is a ruse because he still needs the same man to navigate the general election.

Okay. Awolowo was known, but Tinubu is not known. Did you also know Obasanjo?

Tinubu can even work for Jegede and get him to cross to APC if that's where his interests will be protected. After all, governors crossed from PPA to PDP and APGA to APC. It's an illusion to think because Tinubu and Oke are APC, they are bound to work for Aketi. They will only work for him if he can meet their INTERESTS.

The issues at stake here is that the people of Ondo State believe Tinubu want his hands in the cookie jar of the State and they don't want that. Being an Oil producing State, the suspicion is just too high
After helping Mimiko regain his mandate 2008, Tinubu appointed the then commissioner for finance and install the Chairman of the State Board of Internal Revenue until the falllout between them.
By the way Obasanjo did not handle the primary that brought Agagu into power the same way Tinubu handled this one which was my argument.
To surmon the entire party leadership in Ondo State to lagos and direct then to ensure the emergence of Abraham is unpardonable in the voice of the good people of Ondo State

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by lusen(m): 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lifestone:

He will not and if that happens, you can begin to congratulate Aketi

oke might cross carpet. He has the full support of his people. Oke will win all the 6 LG in Ondo south anyday anytime. He is a very popular and strong politician. Only that he wil need a lot of money to win if he will contest under a less known party.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Lifestone(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2016
lusen:

oke might cross carpet. He has the full support of his people. Oke will win all the 6 LG in Ondo south anyday anytime. He is a very popular and strong politician. Only that he wil need a lot of money to win if he will contest under a less known party.
That's my point bro.
He will capture the south, Aketi will most certainly overrun the north (because they believe it's their turn to produce the Governor)
and the central will become the rag.
Now this is the take, whereas APC will still garner some good votes in both South and Central, Oke's new platform will not be so strong to seriously compete in both the Central and the North.
What should Oke do, be a good party man, negotiate a good deal for his people with Aketi, and use his strength to negotiate at the federal level for himself. If age is on his side, he may become the next Gov after Aketi.
He must not go the way of Agunloye

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Bhella5(m): 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
RIP to APC in Ondo.

Iroko will school them again as he did in 2013
Dont bet ur school fees on it luv. Aketi is out on mission.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Charly68: 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2016
Aketi's chance has finally come. Congratulations Ondo people !
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by kahal29: 1:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lifestone:

Ondo North
Aketi
Boroface
Abraham

Ondo Central
Mimiko
Jegede
Alasoadura

Ondo South
Oke
Kekemeke

In the opinion of Mimiko, he wants Central to succeed him same place with him

Mmmmmh that means if the North and South work together Aketi will win. Wats the voting strength of LGAS like? Are there ethnic divisions in them?

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by malonephill(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2016
bayooooooo:

Often, many confuse primary with general election. If Aketi doesn't manage well the fallout of his victory, he will lose the general election.

1. I don't see Aketi winning Ondo Central which has the chunks of the votes. Mimiko is from Ondo town and will do everything possible to win the town with a reasonable margin. With Eyitayo being from Akure, Mimiko will also win the capital city. Even recently, Akeredolu gave an interesting interview where he claimed Akure people are minority in Akure. Can you imagine? He is not even planning to win the town. In a free and fair election, I don't see APC winning Ondo central with the two key towns firmly in the hands of PDP.

2. Aketi is from Ondo North which is where the Akokos are. Infact, had Boroffice (471) and Abraham(635) worked together, they would have defeated Aketi(669). Even though he won, Aketi doesn't look, to me, as being in control of APC machinery in Ondo North. He still needs Boroffice and Abraham to work with him. Now that's where it gets interesting because all the three: Aketi, Abraham and Borrofice are in a way allies of Tinubu. I have a feeling that apart from Buhari, the only person who can actually bring the three together to work in harmony is Tinubu. The margin of Aketi's victory is so small that the machinery of his government can actually be controlled by the so called losers. And that's the nature of politics. If they work together, APC will win Ondo North in a landslide. Otherwise, it's all over for Aketi.

3. All things being equal, Ondo South is where the election will be won or lost. Since both Boroffice who is already a senator and Abraham are from Ondo North, the same senatorial district as Aketi, I don't see them being running mates. And it will be a monumental strategic mistake to choose a running mate from Ondo Central. Would Tinubu tie his support of rallying Abraham and Boroffice for the candidate to choosing the running mate? And would the running mate be Akintelure or Olusola Oke, both politically toxic picks for Aketi? If he doesn't grant enough concessions, he stands the risk of losing the election. If he grants too much, he will win but government machinery will not be in his hands.

I think APC needs to rewrite its primary rules such that top three candidates should advance until a candidate wins 50% of the entire delegates.

perfectly put........ The bolded speaks alot

2 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
Beremx:
So what of Segun Abraham? I thought he was the chosen one?

Anyway, this is Rotimi. Akeredolu 's second trial as a governorship candidate . I wish him success.
Eni Olorun fe, ni Olorun yan.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Lifestone(m): 2:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
kahal29:

Mmmmmh that means if the North and South work together Aketi will win. Wats the voting strength of LGAS like? Are there ethnic divisions in them?
From the look of things the North is together (it's our turn syndrome).
Mimiko is counting on locking down Central and doing well in the south, but he's had serious issues with Oke and the probability of the two working together given the short time to election and the level of accrimonies between them is very slim (in politics anything can happen).
Ethnic issues comes up when individual interest is not well cover. What Aketi and APC structure should do now is to immediately bring all the parties together and avoid Me vs You syndrome.
The maturity of Aketi to manage all these conflictin interest together will matter.
Like I said before,the election is for APC to lose.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by lusen(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lifestone:

That's my point bro.
He will capture the south, Aketi will most certainly overrun the north (because they believe it's their turn to produce the Governor)
and the central will become the rag.
Now this is the take, whereas APC will still garner some good votes in both South and Central, Oke's new platform will not be so strong to seriously compete in both the Central and the North.
What should Oke do, be a good party man, negotiate a good deal for his people with Aketi, and use his strength to negotiate at the federal level for himself. If age is on his side, he may become the next Gov after Aketi.
He must not go the way of Agunloye

If oke still wants to be ondo state Governor, then the best time is now. But like I said earlier, He will need a lot of money and support from other strongholds if he will cross carpet. The only good thing abt jegede is that he hails from akure (akure wants to produce gov. too). Ondo state people now so hate mimiko that they won't want his successor to be someone he endorsed. Buhari's apc poor performance at the federal level will work against aketi.

The below expectation performance of apc and pdp at the federal and state level respectively will be an high point for oke and will be advantageous to him at the polls. If Oke comes from another party as a neutral man, he stands a very good chance. He will win in ondo south wit a wide margin and will come second in both north and central if he plays his game well, and that is enough to make him emerge. After now, Oke should just forget it. Age is no longer on his side.

I just have this kind of likeness for oke.
Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by kunlegboye(m): 2:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
henryadex:
WE DONT WANT ALL THESE GREY HAIRED GREY BRAINED CORRUPT EGOCENTRIC POLITICIAN AS LEADERS ANY MORE THEY HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER US

HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT AKETI?

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Lifestone(m): 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
lusen:

If oke still wants to be ondo state Governor, then the best time is now. But like I said earlier, He will need a lot of money and support from other strongholds if he will cross carpet. The only good thing abt jegede is that he hails from akure (akure wants to produce gov. too). Ondo state people now so hate mimiko that they won't want his successor to be someone he endorsed. Buhari's apc poor performance at the federal level will work against aketi.

The below expectation performance of apc and pdp at the federal and state level respectively will be an high point for oke and will be advantageous to him at the polls. If Oke comes from another party as a neutral man, he stands a very good chance. He will win in ondo south wit a wide margin and will come second in both north and central if he plays his game well, and that is enough to make him emerge. After now, Oke should just forget it. Age is no longer on his side.

I just have this kind of likeness for oke.
incidentally structure counts a lot in elections. He's lost the PDP structure and cash of 2012 to Mimiko.
To build a new structure now needs very hefty cash chest which I don't think he has.

3 Likes

Re: Rotimi Akeredolu Emerges As APC Governorship Candidate In Ondo State by Kobicove(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
Why does the APC keep throwing up aged candidates for elective positions? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics / Governor Ortom's Convoy Arrests Cows For Open Grazing / Evans Bipi Boasts About Beating-Up Chidi Loyd In Rivers Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.