Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,785 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit (732 Views)

Why Are Children Of Pastors Wayward? / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) / The Amount A Ghanaian Church And Pastor Charges For Miracles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 11:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
Yes i am tired of pastors, their lies, churches and religion. There must be a higher way so i ask these questions:
What is Spirituality?
What is the difference between Religion and Spirituality?
Whats the bible?
Who is Jesus Christ?
Is there a God?
Whats is the origin of mankind?
What is the destiny of mankind?
Purpose - what is your purpose in life?
what is Christainity?
Do we need churches?

Lets talk!
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2016
Stop religion, stop self deceit. I am tired of headlines like: Bishop caught in bed with niece, Pastor admits sleeping with 6 of 30 teenage girls, anglican priest admits to be gay - like the pharisees they decieve us, our wives, our daughters for their personal gratification. The way is not in Religion, lets explore new frontiers, lets talk spirituality. - a personal relationship with your maker.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by amuokuko: 12:38am On Sep 04, 2016
Abeg how can this spirituality translate to loaded account without doing evil.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by salauwale(m): 6:31am On Sep 04, 2016
Before anything we have to first agree on which God! The Christian God or the Muslim God or the Jew God or either of the remaining thousands less popular Gods. Then we can talk about religion, the prophets and the spirituality vis a vis doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2016
salauwale:
Before anything we have to first agree on which God! The Christian God or the Muslim God or the Jew God or either of the remaining thousands less popular Gods. Then we can talk about religion, the prophets and the spirituality vis a vis doctrines.
The different Gods of the people and the search for these Gods is the root of Religion.
There must be one God but assuming we stop the use of the name God or Allah or other names and just say the Creator. This gives us a realistic title that everyone can identify with, a title which means the one that conceived and created the earth - whatever this infinite Spirit may be named is beyond our comprehension. This solves the big problem in religion and it is one of the basic teachings of Spirituality to say the titles Creator or the Infinite instead of the name God. So in favor of Atheism Spirituality says there is no God but in opposition it agrees that there is the Creator who is Infinite in comprehension and too great to be named by any singular name.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by oaroloye(m): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2016
SHALOM!

izinbizi:
Yes i am tired of pastors, their lies, churches and religion. There must be a higher way so i ask these questions:

I have been posting in this section for a short while now.

The reason why you can still ask these questions must be that you have never read any of my
posts before.

What is Spirituality?

SPIRITUALITY is the Knowledge and Exercise of the Spiritual Aspect of Existence, which is on Higher Levels of Existence and Power than the Physical.

The Spiritual cannot be accessed on ANY Level:

. THE LEVELS OF EXISTENCE.

1. Beliefs. 2. Thoughts. 3. Words. 4. Physical Actions. 5. Postulates. 6. Total Understanding.

[See: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF THOUGHT, by L. Ron Hubbard.]

unless one has higher than the MORTAL DEFAULT LEVEL of Spiritual Power.

Spiritual Power is what makes Things Exist.

Spiritual Power is what makes Things LIVE.

The average Human Sinner has only 1% of the Life Energy Reserve. This is maintained by hostile Spirit Beings called LOS VOLADORES [The Flyers], which The Bible would call "THE DEVILS."

They siphon unused Spiritual Energies for their own Survival. All Living Things are allotted a constant supply of Living Energy at their Birth. This Energy must be used to fulfill THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD TO THAT SPECIES, or else It "pushes" them to destruction.

The Devils are in an ADVANCED STAGE of that deterioration.

Therefore they subsist by feeding off of the Energies of Other Beings. Stealing their energies in life, and scavenging them when dead.

[See my Blog: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE?

This process can be thwarted, simply by using the God-given Life the way we are supposed to.

RELIGION is a system of Spiritual Exercise, usually directed at some Spirit Being- but not necessarily.

Whats the bible?

The Bible is a Compilation of Spiritual Texts out of Israelite Religion, recommended by one man- ORIGEN ADAMANTIUS of Alexandria, and authorized by THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.

It was never originally intended to be a single volume.

Who is Jesus Christ?
Only GOD can tell us who that is. It is not Man's Place to tell anyone who The Son of God or Messiah is.

. MATTHEW 11:25-30.

25. "At that time
Jesus answered and said,
"I thank thee,
O Father,
Lord of Heaven and Earth,
because thou hast
hid these things
from the Wise and Prudent,
and hast revealed them
unto Babes.
26. "Even so, Father:
for so it seemed good
in Thy Sight.
27. "All things are
delivered unto me
of my Father:
and no man
knoweth the Son,
but The Father;
neither knoweth
any man the Father,
save the Son,
and he to whomsoever
the Son will reveal him.
28. "Come unto me,
all ye that labour
and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
29. "Take my yoke upon you,
and learn of me;
for I am meek
and lowly in heart:
and ye shall find rest
unto your Souls.
30. "For my yoke is easy,
and my burden is light."

. MARK 8:27-30.

27. And Jesus went out, and his Disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way, he asked his Disciples, saying unto them,
"Whom do men say that I am?"
28. And they answered,
"John the Baptist:
but some (say) Elias;
and other,
one of thee Prophets."
29. And he saith unto them,
"But whom say ye that I am?"
And Peter answereth and saith unto him,
"Thou art The Christ."
30. And he charged them
that they should tell no man of him.

Is there a God?

THERE IS A GOD- Who created all things, and actively ippots our Existence.

GOD Created the First Humans.

God will one day select those He wants, and discard the ones He does not want.

There are TEN IMMEDIATE GOALS: all else is DISTRACTION.

. THE TEN TALENTS. (Matt. 25:1-46)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. ETERNAL LIFE.

what is Christainity?

CHRISTIANITY is the Religion of Good and Bad Disciples of YAHSHUA.

Do we need churches?

We need Churches- but the current ones are based on ROMAN CATHOLICISM- therefore their functions are impaired.

There are SIX LEVELS OF SPIRITUALITY.

4. FATHERS.
3. YOUNG MEN.
2. LITTLE CHILDREN.
1. BABES-IN-CHRIST.
0. CARNAL BRETHEN.
-1. NATURAL MAN.

Remember the School you went to- maybe it had six forms?

What if ALL the students were to be in ONE CLASSROOM TOGETHER, being taught by ONE TEACHER?

How would THAT work?

Either the Teacher talks over the heads of the Juniors, or he wastes the time of the Seniors.

It should be considered that all of the "Churches" use THAT model HAVE GOD. [I]HE[/i] would NEVER allow it.

My Revelation of the CORRECT model may be discussed in my Blog: WHERE IS YOUR MINYAN?

Lets talk!

There is a time for talk, and a time for action.

. LUKE 6:39-49.

39. "And he spake a Parable unto them,
Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?
40. "The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.
41. "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42. "Either how canst thou say to thy Brother,
'Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye,'
when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt
thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
43. "For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44. "For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45. "A good man out of the good treasure of
his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the
evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
46. "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47. "Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth
them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48. "He is like a man which
built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and
when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and
could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
49. "But he that
heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built
an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently,
and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great."

IF YOU WANT TO SUCCEED, you cannot follow the model of the Christians who have failed.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2016
I define spirituality as a science of consciousness that is dedicated to a perpetual awareness of the existence and presence of the Creator. Spirituality is therefore more of a matter of the consciousness of the mind/soul and less a matter of the Spiritual.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by oaroloye(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2016
SHALOM!

[My STUPIDPHONE just "ATE" everything I spent ages typing, so I have to start again!]

izinbizi:
Stop religion, stop self deceit.

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

"JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what Judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam (is) in thine own eye?
5. "Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again, and rend you."

I am tired of headlines like: Bishop caught in bed with niece, Pastor admits sleeping with 6 of 30 teenage girls, anglican priest admits to be gay - like the pharisees they decieve us, our wives, our daughters for their personal gratification.

. MATTHEW 23:1-15.

THEN spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his Disciples,
2. Saying,
"The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3. "All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe
(that) observe and do; but do not ye after their works:
for they say and do not.
4. "For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne,
and lay them on men's shoulders;
but they (themselves) will not move them
with one of their fingers.
5. "But all their works they do for to be seen of men;
they make broad their phylacteries,
and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6. "And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7. "And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.'
8. "But be not ye called "Rabbi:" for one is your Master, (even) Christ; and all ye are Brethren.
9. "And call no man your father upon the Earth: for One is your Father, which is in Heaven.
10. "Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, (even) Christ.
11. "But he that is greatest among you shall be your Servant.
12. "And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
13. "But woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites! For ye shut up The Kingdom of Heaven against men: for ye neither go in (yourselves), neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
14. "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites! For ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive The Greater Damnation.
15. "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites! For ye compass Sea and Land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the Child of Hell than yourselves."

The way is not in Religion, lets explore new frontiers, lets talk spirituality. - a personal relationship with your maker.

. LUKE 14:7-11.

7. And he put forth a Parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them;
8. "When thou art bidden of any (man) to a wedding, sit not down in the Highest Room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
9. "And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee,

'GIVE THIS MAN PLACE;'

and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
10. "But when thou art bidden, sit down in the Lowest Room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee,

'FRIEND, GO UP HIGHER:'

then thou shalt have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
11. "For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by Touchnot01: 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
izinbizi:
Stop religion, stop self deceit. I am tired of headlines like: Bishop caught in bed with niece, Pastor admits sleeping with 6 of 30 teenage girls, anglican priest admits to be gay - like the pharisees they decieve us, our wives, our daughters for their personal gratification. The way is not in Religion, lets explore new frontiers, lets talk spirituality. - a personal relationship with your maker.

Asides Nairaland, where else do you see the news of pastor do this and that. The other day a foreign pastor said sh*t about sex, we heard it here. Two days ago, ISIS sawed 9 christians half in half, you wont see it here. If Nairaland was ones main source of news outlet, you could almost think no single good has ever or will ever come out of christianity. I hope you get.

Having said that, God is a Spirit, and they that worship him must worship Him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH. Without the Holy SPIRIT, christianity is reduced to religion.
God was always meant to be worshipped Spiritually, not with rules and regulations. What man does (pastors inclusive) dont matter, what matters is God and the Word of God.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
....you go think tire
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by Diplomaticbeing(m): 1:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
izinbizi:

The different Gods of the people and the search for these Gods is the root of Religion.
There must be one God but assuming we stop the use of the name God or Allah or other names and just say the Creator. This gives us a realistic title that everyone can identify with, a title which means the one that conceived and created the earth - whatever this infinite Spirit may be named is beyond our comprehension. This solves the big problem in religion and it is one of the basic teachings of Spirituality to say the titles Creator or the Infinite instead of the name God. So in favor of Atheism Spirituality says there is no God but in opposition it agrees that there is the Creator who is Infinite in comprehension and too great to be named by any singular name.

Thank you for speaking my language.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by chieveboy(m): 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
izinbizi:
What is Spirituality?
Whats the bible?
Who is Jesus Christ?
Is there a God?
what is Christainity?
Do we need churches?

Lets talk!

If you Sincerely want to go beyond Orthodox Religion, The Occult, Metaphysics, Science, Philosophy etc. I will recommend you study ECKANKAR.

You can feed your heart from the write upon on the link in my signature. If you got questions feel free to ask. The key to success in any venture is mostly an open heart. Only the heart can know God. Thanks.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
Touchnot01:
Asides Nairaland, where else do you see the news of pastor do this and that. The other day a foreign pastor said sh*t about sex, we heard it here. Two days ago, ISIS sawed 9 christians half in half, you wont see it here. If Nairaland was ones main source of news outlet, you could almost think no single good has ever or will ever come out of christianity. I hope you get.

Having said that, God is a Spirit, and they that worship him must worship Him in SPIRIT and in TRUTH. Without the Holy SPIRIT, christianity is reduced to religion.
God was always meant to be worshipped Spiritually, not with rules and regulations. What man does (pastors inclusive) dont matter, what matters is God and the Word of God.
The news about atrocities of Religion is international, even boko haram, ISIS, gay priests, etc are the products of religion. People are giving up on religion and seeking whatever is true, more productive and fulfilling. Truly the rules and regulations of religions are the main problems, worship should be in Spirit and without guidelines.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
chieveboy:

If you Sincerely want to go beyond Orthodox Religion, The Occult, Metaphysics, Science, Philosophy etc. I will recommend you study ECKANKAR.

You can feed your heart from the write upon on the link in my signature. If you got questions feel free to ask. The key to success in any venture is mostly an open heart. Only the heart can know God. Thanks.
I just think that Eckankar is about another system of worship with rules and regulations. Spirituality should not be about a particular system; I believe it is an individualiatic pursuit of a higher consciousness.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by chieveboy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
izinbizi:

I just think that Eckankar is about another system of worship with rules and regulations. Spirituality should not be about a particular system; I believe it is an individualiatic pursuit of a higher consciousness.

Firstly Eckankar does not promote 'worship' of any of its leaders nor deity. if it is a system, it is that of providing and helping a ready soul (Seeker) with tools or ways go within himself to make contact with Divine Spirit.This even God will not do for him. This means you are given spiritual tools or exercises to try and find your own custom-made approach to the Holy temple within you ( just as your post is asking of).

There are no rules and regulations. No Dress codes and no asceticism, no middlemanship etc. You let your pure love for God and desire for higher consciousness lead you. You are advised to follow the Golden rule that even Jesus Christ prescribes: Do unto others what you will for yourself...

You cannot contact or discuss spirit and not go beyond passiveness or talk. you have to explore active ways to contact it. Spirit is contacted in Spirit and in Truth.

Upon any kind of success in making the most important step of making contact with the Holy Spirit, you stop being a 'mortal' man. you become a universal lover of all life. This contact is not dependent on your religion.

Sp Eckankar is a place for freedom and liberty! 'Eck' mean Holy Spirit, 'Ankar' means "the way". Thanks.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2016
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by izinbizi(m): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
I appreciate the Eckankar approach but question any system that seem to provide a path or tool to spiritual awareness, this still presents the religous approach of a way to Spirit. But as funny as it sounds there is no way to Spirit and no golden rule in Spirituality, no rule at all. It is a highly individualistic realisation of ones inner essence and contentment. Its a call for all to look inwards and find their truths within but it doesnt provide a tool or path like in religion.
Re: Tired Of Pastors, Church And Religion? Lets Talk Spirit by chieveboy(m): 9:28am On Sep 06, 2016
izinbizi:
I appreciate the Eckankar approach but question any system that seem to provide a path or tool to spiritual awareness, this still presents the religous approach of a way to Spirit. But as funny as it sounds there is no way to Spirit and no golden rule in Spirituality, no rule at all. It is a highly individualistic realisation of ones inner essence and contentment. Its a call for all to look inwards and find their truths within but it doesnt provide a tool or path like in religion.

Sure! It's like the analogy with the Egg: if it breaks from aoutside force, life is destroyed; when it breaks from a force within...

Understand that these tools are not 'properties' or fabrications of Eckankar...they stand whether or not Eckist use or practice them. Creation is finished!

The ways of spirit and that of expansion of consciousness--the 'Kingdom of Heaven' is within every man. Man is a microcosm of the macrocospic universe...

Eckankar is akin to a conglomerate of people who have found a measure of this truth within them and are looking to build on that...some one knows more about spirit which the other does not. It's a gathering of (of course) independent souls who love life and God who wish to know more...as the seeking of truth, wisdom or love is actually a search for Self Awareness and ultimately God Awareness. It is a learning proccess.

So truth is not a proprietary of any religion or person, Truth Is. If there is a truth in the Bible, Koran etc, Eckists and any honest seeker of truth imbibes them and much more. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Divine Beings In The Godhead? / Teleportation: The Key To Immortality. / 7 Qualities Of Every Dream-maker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.