Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,237 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad (28814 Views)

Richard Mofe-Damijo Celebrates His Late Dad On Father's Day (Photo) / Joke Silva And Her Late Dad In Throwback Photo / Yemi Alade Shares Throwback 'father-daughter' Pic As She Remembers Her Late Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by jonmorre: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
Keep it up bro

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
This is nice..

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by fortunateice(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Keep my gloves dirty but hands clean
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by greggng: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
I envy the igbos they re everywhere doing great things. No wonder Nigeria doesn't want to let them go

4 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Oildichotomy(m): 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
Handsomecole:
ESUT or ESHOOT that cult infested coven called University.
[size=13pt] Do I really dignify you with a quote or just ignore?
Because it is obvious your brain is far up your ass
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by MrCounselor: 3:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
UndisputedBosom:
Let me hear it from my brothers and sisters from the Southeast... wink

The Brown Roof Republic will be very very disappointed here grin

More figures in your bank account Jidenna and Nneka....keep givin us good music (Mr Classic Man) cheesy

Brown roof republic are never reproachful of good tidings, our flat headed brethren fron the other side of the Niger are the insecured ones nah.

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by IJOBA2: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
Handsomecole:
IN A TYPICAL YORUBA VOICE "SHIDREN" OF HATE AND ANGER DON LAND

5 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2016
herzern:
Nice qesture.....

Buh I do think Iqbos are stinqy....

Did he prove me wronq...

HELL NO!!!!...

forget media propaganda.
just attend rich igbo wedding and attend rich afonja wedding...
then comeback and tell me where money rained like heavy showers!...lol.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Kunlexxxx(m): 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
Jidenna and Wale, I respect those two. Even though they have lived substantial part of their lives in America and nurtured in the American way, yet, they don't forget their origin. Sometimes ago, Wale even wore a Nigerian type of attire to the white house, and even when the America people criticized him for it, he told them he gave no damn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
odi sharp...
so so UDO guy
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by koning: 4:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
Hats off to Jidenna. Giving back to the city that raised him. This will benefit all Igbo children who study at that dept. at ESUT.

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by seguno2: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Sounds nice but its more like a show off to me. Scholarship should be abt encouraging young scholars to sit up more with their studies. It shdnt wait until the honor to an already made famous person is due

Such a scholarship 4 d best stdnt shd be something done like yearly for d best 3 stdnts or so like Afe Babalola does. By so doing, we'll know u have d interest of talented scholars in mind and not trying to make some big men feel pleased by doing it in their name.

So how many scholarships as you described have you given or someone that you know in your family, church, mosque, shrine, old school etc given?
How many?

Meanwhile thanks to Jidenna for honouring his father's memory in a worthwhile, meaningful, beneficial and enduring manner.
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by ephi123(f): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
I love how this Guy carries his Igbohood wherever he goes, Imagine that interview where he precisely said He is an IGbo American, the man was like What's up with Igbo America... He said that's my tribe ... And also where he stated He lived in Enugu and not like Norms u hear people say Nigeria...

Enugu una don get person o.. Am realy jealous now... His father taught him well

So true!

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by chimauga(m): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2016
Fooollss
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Deepfreezer(m): 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
Son of the soil. When u see them you already know.
Son of a high chief you weren't carried away by all the American lifestyle.
Son of the soil your father taught you well.
My father will always tell me not to forget were I'm from. No matter all the oyibo lifestyle we still rep I.G.B.O
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by engrshakespeare: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
Sounds nice but its more like a show off to me. Scholarship should be abt encouraging young scholars to sit up more with their studies. It shdnt wait until the honor to an already made famous person is due

Such a scholarship 4 d best stdnt shd be something done like yearly for d best 3 stdnts or so like Afe Babalola does. By so doing, we'll know u have d interest of talented scholars in mind and not trying to make some big men feel pleased by doing it in their name.

bad belle, institute your own lets see
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by skuribeebo: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
wrecksfurd:
Jidenna for President 2019

jk! grin
se were ni eyin ni?
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by 9ja4show: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
Weedcrusher:
The problem I see with Nigerians or should I say Nairalanders for precision, is that most of you have a mentality of it's either our people is better or others are worse. It's either you are with us or totally against us.

And truth be told, I have observed this amongst the Yoruba and Igbo tribes, but that doesn't exclude other tribes in the country. People express illusion of grandeur when there is something good being talked about their tribe, and immediately transition into a defensive demon when something not so good is being said about their tribe.

We get it the Yoruba and Igbo people of Nairaland, your tribe is the best. Can we now move on to something productive and unifying for the interest of building our great nation?

Now to the Topic at hand, It is a great gesture from this young man and his sister to come back to their root and start a scholarship scheme in honour of their late father. This action should be encourage and should be an inspiration for other Nigerians in diaspora to come back home and do something productive

Instead of you that Yoruba boy coming on this thread and see no good in what the guy has done because he is from Igboland, just bury your face in shame for being so myopic. And instead of you that you Igbo boy bragging about how great your tribe because of what your brother has done, just shut your mouth and use your brain in thinking of how you can help your society when you become successful

QED: Let there be peace among us all. Instead of engaging in tribal war and hate, let's unite and move this country in the right direction

Well said broda...well said
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by redcliff: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Afonja oshi. Always looking for something negativr to say
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Adex097: 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
Weedcrusher:
The problem I see with Nigerians or should I say Nairalanders for precision, is that most of you have a mentality of it's either our people is better or others are worse. It's either you are with us or totally against us.

And truth be told, I have observed this amongst the Yoruba and Igbo tribes, but that doesn't exclude other tribes in the country. People express illusion of grandeur when there is something good being talked about their tribe, and immediately transition into a defensive demon when something not so good is being said about their tribe.

We get it the Yoruba and Igbo people of Nairaland, your tribe is the best. Can we now move on to something productive and unifying for the interest of building our great nation?

Now to the Topic at hand, It is a great gesture from this young man and his sister to come back to their root and start a scholarship scheme in honour of their late father. This action should be encourage and should be an inspiration for other Nigerians in diaspora to come back home and do something productive

Instead of you that Yoruba boy coming on this thread and see no good in what the guy has done because he is from Igboland, just bury your face in shame for being so myopic. And instead of you that you Igbo boy bragging about how great your tribe because of what your brother has done, just shut your mouth and use your brain in thinking of how you can help your society when you become successful

QED: Let there be peace among us all. Instead of engaging in tribal war and hate, let's unite and move this country in the right direction
Igbos and Afonjas be like...

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Apoztl3(m): 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
A commendable one; giving back to the society...

Blessings Jidenna..

What's with the dressing? I love how he combines African prints with an English attire..

He is indeed a CLASSIC man cheesy...

Fashion should be creating your style, and enjoying its comfort cool...
You wouldn't have said it any better

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
jidenna the boss wey dey suit up pass
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by ezeagu(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
I love how this Guy carries his Igbohood wherever he goes, Imagine that interview where he precisely said He is an IGbo American, the man was like What's up with Igbo America... He said that's my tribe ... And also where he stated He lived in Enugu and not like Norms u hear people say Nigeria...

Enugu una don get person o.. Am realy jealous now... His father taught him well

Some people will even just say they lived in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
He looks a lil bit like phyno
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Apoztl3(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
kennygee:
Jidenna the Ankara ambassador.
Repping mamá land
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Apoztl3(m): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
Handsomecole:
Hate agent spotted
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
redcliff:

Afonja oshi. Always looking for something negativr to say
Oponu 1st class

Alainironu

Obo lagido
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
engrshakespeare:

bad belle, institute your own lets see
You're such an helpless ignoramus
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by AdekunleBalogun: 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
UndisputedBosom:
Let me hear it from my brothers and sisters from the Southeast... wink

More figures in your bank account Jidenna and Nneka....keep givin us good music (Mr Classic Man) cheesy

Are u Mad? is this d first thought dat pop into your mind and your fingers couldn't resist typing it....... instead of commending what this people have done u find a way to tribalized it.

1 Like

Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by AdekunleBalogun: 5:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
[quote author=UndisputedBosom post=49052079]Let me hear it from my brothers and sisters from the Southeast... wink

More figures in your bank account Jidenna and Nneka....keep givin us

Are u Mad? is this d first thought dat pop into your mind and your fingers couldn't resist typing it....... instead of commending what this people have done u find a way to tribalized it.
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by sukkot: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
greggng:
I envy the igbos they re everywhere doing great things. No wonder Nigeria doesn't want to let them go
how can you envy the igbos when you are igbo ?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4195188_screenshot201609040928451_jpegbb3fe28342c2f8f784886408771de40e
Re: Jidenna Starts Scholarship Scheme In ESUT To Honour Late Dad by sukkot: 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

forget media propaganda.
just attend rich igbo wedding and attend rich afonja wedding...
then comeback and tell me where money rained like heavy showers!...lol.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4195188_screenshot201609040928451_jpegbb3fe28342c2f8f784886408771de40e

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Dances In New Video, Dumps Wedding Ring / Patience Ozokwor Spotted In Jos Chobe Market For A Movie Shoot (Photos) / Dbanj, 2baba On Baecation With Wives In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.