Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral (27339 Views)

Victoria Nkanga Herman Burial Photos (Uduak Abasi Umondak's Only Child) / I Have Spent Salaries I Received – Herman Hembe, Sacked Rep Begs Supreme Court / Supreme Court Sacks Herman Hembe, APC House Of Reps Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by edoyad(m): 5:08am On Sep 04, 2016
Herman Hembe with twitter handle @hembrix, Benue state house of reps member who was in the center of the SEC bribery scandal has done it again. He recently put down a disgusting response on the story of an 81 year old woman who was raped.
Well the reaction to his tweet has been one of outrage. Among the responders are Bring back our girls organiser , Aisha Yesufu and popular blogger Ogunlesi , who are calling for his head.

UPDATE
Meanwhile, he has denied it and deleted the controversial tweet.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hembrix/status/772133203893182464

5 Shares

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Larryfest(m): 5:16am On Sep 04, 2016
What's lucky about being raped na..... See the leaders we voted for,they think being in power affords them to do and say anything

4 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by ikarm17: 5:21am On Sep 04, 2016
Sometimes you wake up, take a shower, brush your teeth and regret being a Nigerian.

I'd think this speaker would be more concerned about the Fulani herdsmen rodents in his state.

Reminds me of how Dino and his ipob supporters joked about Dino beating & raping his fellow rep.

I pity this country.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by madridguy(m): 5:25am On Sep 04, 2016
Common sense is not common.

3 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Nobody: 5:26am On Sep 04, 2016
Stupid country. Mad leaders everywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by trapQ: 5:33am On Sep 04, 2016
I weep for Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by edoyad(m): 5:51am On Sep 04, 2016
ikarm17:
Sometimes you wake up, take a shower, brush your teeth and regret being a Nigerian.

I'd think this speaker would be more concerned about the Fulani herdsmen rodents in his state

Reminds me of how Dino and his ipob supporters joked about Dino beating & raping his fellow rep.

I pity this country.

I have never heard him for once say anything about Fulani herdsmen and the invasion of communities in his state. Well, Nigerians deserve what we get, we actually voted these animals

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by villareal15(m): 6:02am On Sep 04, 2016
W

T

F is wrong with these politicians?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by ladyF(f): 6:02am On Sep 04, 2016
Wtf! This is the height of insensitivity. I'm sure he won't be saying this if it was his 81-year old mother. Working skull, but no brain inside... cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me[/size]

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by menxer: 6:38am On Sep 04, 2016
Why are we so worked up, when @hembrix does not know the meaning of rape?

This is another evidence that we have more nonhonourable members in NASS than we would admit.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Fedayeen02: 6:41am On Sep 04, 2016
How did we end up with*dregs of palmwine ruling us

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 04, 2016
Moku, mogbe, modaran..

This one isn't an honorable, he's just a drunk who saw himself in the house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Akshow: 8:36am On Sep 04, 2016
Very insensitive post

2 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 04, 2016
Jesuu!

Our politicians are many among the 21 million lunatics we are talking about................

Many are mad, few are roaming.

But how did we get here in the first place?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by hardywaltz(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2016
Why do they always claim someone hacked into their account...

6 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by MadeInTokyo: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2016
grin
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by honeygirl17: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2016
Mumu man
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by zicoraads: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2016
In sincerity, that tweet doesn't sound like what a grown man, who even occupies a position in government would send out. He probably left his device and someone -a son or relative, decided to be cheeky.

That said, I don't trust Naija politicians to a very large extent, so the foolish man may have sent out the tweet himself sef undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by kettle84(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2016
maybe one of his numerous girlfriends grabbed his phone while he was asleep after a week long rumble and tweeted that,since he claimed not to know how the tweet came about

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 04, 2016
Take a chill pill folks. Hackers at work
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by Daliano(m): 8:43am On Sep 04, 2016
I will never *wrote* that.
I doubt he knows the meaning of the word rape.
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by zeenab(f): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2016
Oh! Nigeria my fatherland!
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by LordVoldemort(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2016
He as no idea how the tweet came about? His phone must be running on a sophisticated artificial intelligence

He even have to the gut to say he has deleted it and that should put an end to it.

Deleting the doesn't make it right, he neither own up to his mistake and he things will just fly.

People like this have no business in leading us buh once they dash u 1k u sell your soul to them

7 Likes

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by donwalome(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2016
Shameless comments like this show how myopic and clueless some of these members can be. He now deleted the post hoping that it will make us forget. And move on. There are a lot of important things that needs to be deliberated on here he over looked all that and went to Ghana and this. Shame.

1 Like

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by amagunnerfan: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2016
zicoraads:
In sincerity, that tweet doesn't sound like what a grown man, who even occupies a position in government would send out. He probably left his device and someone -a son or relative, decided to be cheeky.

That said, I don't trust Naija politicians to a very large extent, so the foolish man may have sent out the tweet himself sef undecided
A son or a relative won't do this knowing his political position. Nairalanders can get this man recalled to serve as deterrent to other idiots.
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by engrkaz(m): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2016
Its possible he did not write it... I closed my twitter account when friends started telling me I was always posting some peni.s enlargement cream. Its very possible... Not making a case for him though...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by don4real18(m): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2016
Daliano:
I will never *wrote* that. I doubt he knows the meaning of the word rape.
Please, read again.... only this time, very slowly
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by jessiecah(f): 8:50am On Sep 04, 2016
I feel like he might have actually tweeted that and is only saying otherwise to avoid trouble
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by zicoraads: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2016
amagunnerfan:
A son or a relative won't do this knowing his political position. Nairalanders can get this man recalled to serve as deterrent to other idiots.
Which Nairalanders? cheesy

Go read up on the Constitution and the process of recalling a member of the National Assembly.
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by amagunnerfan: 8:59am On Sep 04, 2016
zicoraads:

Which Nairalanders? cheesy

Go read up on the Constitution and the process of recalling a member of the National Assembly.
You underestimate the power of nairaland. If people on here are vocal enough and mobilize people from the idiots constituents, the deed can be done. Many people just needs others to talk.
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by cold(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2016
Hmm..i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't put out that tweet. What would be the point of that? But then again, anything's possible.
Re: Herman Hembe's Tweet About Rape Of 81 Year Old Woman Goes Viral by cococandy(f): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2016
Why are people shocked? Nigeria has rape culture. It is the citizens that make up the government. So no surprise there. One day one of these woman-haters on NL will find his/her way into government and would anyone be surprised if they made such comments publicly? That's what we endorse by victim shaming and blaming. So everyone should learn to live with the results.

5 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ambode Walks Against Sexual, Gender Based Violence / Falae: Herdsmen Believe They Own Nigeria Because Buhari Is Fulani / Alao-Akala: Seyi Makinde Mourns, Orders Flags To Fly At Half-Mast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.