Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

What Is Your Current Music Obsession? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is Your Current Music Obsession? (6530 Views)

Remmique Ft Hunter X Kris HUSTLE OBSESSION LYRICS / Nairalanders, What Is Your Current Ringtone? / Lets Have Fun Peeps!. Whats Your Current Phone Ringtone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by queenfav(f): 10:29am On Sep 04, 2016
I dared my colleague to listen to the weeknd's "beauty behind the madness" album,and if he didn't love at least 7 songs,i would pay him 5k..He loved 10 out of the 14 tracks ****doing the victory dance*.My 'The weeknd' obsession is paying off big time!To answer the question,my current music obsession is obviously the weeknd.The dude is pure magic,and i admit i am super obsessed with his music.I have close to 50 of his tracks (he is serious business o!)

Recently,the Weeknd set two Guinness World Records for his 2015 album-Beauty Behind The Madness.He currently holds the world record for the most streamed album on Spotify in one year. It was listened to by 60 million unique listeners between December 1 2014 and December 1 2015, with lead single, ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ notching up 448,334,867 streams by January 13 2016.

He also set the world record for the most consecutive weeks in the Top 10 of Billboard’s Hot 100 by a solo male artist. A raft of singles, including ‘Earned It’, ‘Can’t Feel My Face’ and ‘The Hills’, cemented his place in the top 10 of the US singles chart for 45 consecutive weeks between March 7 2015 and January 9 2016.

I love the fact that he is a bit of an enigma,lives a reclusive lifestyle.. His humility is something our Nigerian celebs have to learn a thing or two from.For someone who was presented with 2 Guinness world records awards and won 8 billboard music awards for 2016,he didn't even put a picture of it up on his instagram account.If it were some people now,we wont hear word.lol..Need i say more?Its obvious that my obsession for the weeknd is a valid one.

Another artist i am obsessed with is Rebecca Ferguson.Watch out,she could run adele out of business someday.I love "Nothing's real but love,backtrack,freedom,all that i've got ,i hope and her most recent single -bones".

Nairalanders,What's your current music obsession and why?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by KingRex1(m): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2016
Was crazed with the album esp *the hills* n *can't feel my face*

Tnk God I've gotten over it grin
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by queenfav(f): 10:50am On Sep 04, 2016
KingRex1:
Was crazed with the album esp *the hills* n *can't feel my face*

Tnk God I've gotten over it grin
That's sad,for a music freak like myself this obsession has lasted 2 whole years.That shows i ain't getting over it anytime soon, EXCEPT his next album due for release in 2017 turns out to be crap(and i really hope its not).
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by KingRex1(m): 10:56am On Sep 04, 2016
queenfav:
That's sad,for a music freak like myself this obsession has lasted 2 whole years.i aint getting over it anytime soon EXCEPT his next album due for release in 2017 turns out to be crap(and i really hope its not).
Lol, thats serious.
Cant imagine the look on ur bfs face wen he takes u to weeknd's concert.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by queenfav(f): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2016
KingRex1:

Lol, thats serious.
Cant imagine the look on ur bfs face wen he takes u to weeknd's concert.
Uhmmmm...let me not talk..Infact,i'd advice he doesn't follow me o.Tears may start rolling down my eyes when the weeknd hits those high notes he is famous for.There are some of his songs i listen to and i get goosebumps!I can't even begin to imagine how i would react to seeing him perform live.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by chuksisaac: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
Same ere ooo..."angel"is my best track.....he was kinda close with drake one time like dat..he even featured on two track one dat his album b4 iyartitl ..crew love...d guy's good..another musician I like is jhene aiko..dat girl can play with words..imagine a collabo b/w d two of em

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by queenfav(f): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2016
chuksisaac:
Same ere ooo..."angel"is my best track.....he was kinda close with drake one time like dat..he even featured on two track one dat his album b4 iyartitl ..crew love...d guy's good..another musician I like is jhene aiko..dat girl can play with words..imagine a collabo b/w d two of em
Your head is there! Totally love jhene aiko's 'wading ', 'spotless mind' and her latest post-divorce single 'new balance'.I wonder what the world would be without great music..And BTW i am shocked 'angel' is your favourite..I mean there's wicked games,the knowing,dark times,as you are and other amazing the weeknd hits.Well i don't have a favorite,that would be really hard considering that i love all his 50+ songs on my musicplayer.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2016
Travis scott_rodeo. Why? SK_codeine_lovers can relate. #sayyestosk_codeine. Try it.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by 2map(m): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
Travis Scott(Rodeo album is the best) and Young thug at the moment. Apple pie, 3500, Night call, Power, Drugs you should try it, Check, Thief in the Night, lit.
Followed closely by the weekend's love in the sky and adaptation!
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2016
Abeg which song carry this lyrics? the name of the artists and the title. Abu m onye chukwu goziri, my day don break. My life don change. Odinaka chukwu anything wey I be today. Na God hand e dey. I go rich like dangote, sing like 2baba, fight like Mayweather.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by theMusicNerd(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2016
MY OBSESSION:
Jonathan David Bellion also Known as 'Jon Bellion', he is an American singer, rapper nd producer, wrote 'Monster' for Eminiem and 'Trumpets' for Jason Derulo. His Album 'the Human Condition' is pure magic. MTV described his music as when 'disney pixar meets J.Dilla'. In his music you hear the synergy of the creative musician and producer. His other mixtapes are as awesome too, especially 'the definition' (which some say is better than the album) and 'separation'.if you love good music, go listen to Jon Bellion's 'All time Low', 'Woke the fvck up' 'Hand of God'..... shii... don't even know where to start!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Elnino4ladies: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2016
Mavado.....love anything by mavado.......nigga is damn too good

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by chuksisaac: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2016
theMusicNerd:
MY OBSESSION:
Jonathan David Bellion also Known as 'Jon Bellion', he is an American singer, rapper nd producer, wrote 'Monster' for Eminiem and 'Trumpets' for Jason Derulo. His Album 'the Human Condition' is pure magic. MTV described his music as when 'disney pixar meets J.Dilla'. In his music you hear the synergy of the creative musician and producer. His other mixtapes are as awesome too, especially 'the definition' (which some say is better than the album) and 'separation'.if you love good music, go listen to Jon Bellion's 'All time Low', 'Woke the fvck up' 'Hand of God'..... shii... don't even know where to start!
bros..have been tryin to download jon bellions HUMANCONDITIoN ....wre did you download it??....nobody is talking about frank ocean......heard his album is good too...
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by theMusicNerd(m): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
chuksisaac:
bros..have been tryin to download jon bellions HUMANCONDITIoN ....wre did you download it??....nobody is talking about frank ocean......heard his album is good too...

His official website www.jonbellion.com
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by chigozie391(m): 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
theMusicNerd:
MY OBSESSION:
pls can rate his song according to ur best
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by theMusicNerd(m): 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
chigozie391:
pls can rate his song according to ur best
This is not in any particular order: '80's film' 'All time Low', 'Woke the fvck up', 'Weight of the world ft.Black Keys', 'Hand of God'(bellion's personal favourite), 'Jungle', 'Immigrant', 'Luxury' ft audra mae, 'Eyes to the sky', 'Jim Morrison', 'Carry ur throne', 'Guillotine', 'I-Robot', 'Overwhelming', 'Simple and sweet'... guy,abeg just download the Human condition album and definition mixtape, then the seperation mixtape

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by RSAMAN(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
@queenfav. Yup, I do listen to music over the weekend, sometimes also during the week but it's mostly over the weekend and especially at night. But I don't listen to Obssession. Thank you for asking.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by opeaceo: 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mine is XAmbassadors, lovely alt rock group.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
Darebecca:

Abeg which song carry this lyrics?
the name of the artists and the title.
Abu m onye chukwu goziri, my day don break. My
life don change. Odinaka chukwu anything wey I
be today. Na God hand e dey. I go rich like
dangote, sing like 2baba, fight like Mayweather.
my day don break by pastor kaycee

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by noob03saibot(m): 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
Nice one there, this weeknd guy tight sha. But guys look up this link for a sick and mad spitter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM4iDtmmmjA
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Emmanuel602(m): 2:18pm On Oct 13, 2016
Mine is twenty one pilots. Their 'Ride' track is always on repeat on my music player. I also can't do without their 'stressed out', 'Lane boy' and 'Heathens' tracks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by funbat(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
bryson tiller..... chai dis guy is hot. ,just download his album trap soul
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by funbat(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2016
theMusicNerd:
MY OBSESSION:
chai I just downloaded his album now. real magic... his voice na die. pls any other good artist
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by yedidiah(m): 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
my current obsession is Empires from the album "Empires" by Hillsong. Can't get enough of it. Also the album "hills" by Travis Greene.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by chigozie391(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2016
yedidiah:
my current obsession is Empires from the album "Empires" by Hillsong. Can't get enough of it. Also the album "hills" by Travis Greene.
the whole album is driving me crazy.. . I love hillsong so much
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by chigozie391(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2016
yedidiah:
how is the hills?
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by yedidiah(m): 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2016
chigozie391:
how is the hills?
you need to listen to that album I tell you. You can Google it sha.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
Post Malone..... 'Inversion' can't get enough of it.

His collabo with Justin Timberlake was also.....epic.

Oh; and I'm listening to Lil wayne's "Free Weezy Album". Dunno why, just felt like remembering the good old days when rap was still rap...........

Not the John Bellion kind of rap that makes my screen crawl angry
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 18, 2016
SirWere:
Post Malone..... 'Inversion' can't get enough of it.

His collabo with Justin Timberlake was also.....epic.

Oh; and I'm listening to Lil wayne's "Free Weezy Album". Dunno why, just felt like remembering the good old days when rap was still rap...........

Not the John Bellion kind of rap that makes my screen crawl angry
I had to correct you bro, Post Malone hit breakout single was White Iverson not inversion, and his collabo was with Justin Beiber titled Deja Vu.
Cheers. Try and Listen to Young M.A she is fire and she is bringing rap back. Even Nicki Minaj referred to her as the Female Jay Z.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by noob03saibot(m): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pushas:
I had to correct you bro, Post Malone hit breakout single was White Iverson not inversion, and his collabo was with Justin Beiber titled Deja Vu.
Cheers. Try and Listen to Young M.A she is fire and she is bringing rap back. Even Nicki Minaj referred to her as the Female Jay Z.
young m.a she really dat good? Don't know y the hype about her. Saw her bet cypher, still yet to know what she's all about. Feeling snow tha product like there's no tomorrow instead. She even went crazy on a jam with king crooked.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
noob03saibot:
young m.a she really dat good? Don't know y the hype about her. Saw her bet cypher, still yet to know what she's all about. Feeling snow tha product like there's no tomorrow instead. She even went crazy on a jam with king crooked.
She is fire. Try to listen to Ooouuu her hit track with over 20millions views on YouTube, listen to Quiet Storm this particular one has about 2million YouTube views in just 4 days. Some even refer to her as the best female rapper now. She is the female Jay-z bro.
She is also from Brooklyn, NY just like Jay-z.
Re: What Is Your Current Music Obsession? by noob03saibot(m): 7:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pushas:
She is fire. Try to listen to Ooouuu her hit track with over 20millions views on YouTube, listen to Quiet Storm this particular one has about 2million YouTube views in just 4 days. Some even refer to her as the best female rapper now. She is the female Jay-z bro.
She is also from Brooklyn, NY just like Jay-z.
youtube views don't amount to anything in my books. P square bank alert can have 10 million views, to me it's still a terrible song. I m aware she's from brooklyn, that place is the Mecca of hiphop so she must mean something. But I feel it's too early to tag her as the Female Jay Z. Ll definitely give her a chance, ll look her up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Davido – If Lyrics And Mp3 / Saudi - D.R.U.G.S Inc [ALBUM] Zip Download / The Ten Best Selling Singles In The 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.