Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Am In Lag, I Need A Job. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Am In Lag, I Need A Job. (2309 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by adeolagbemi: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2016
hi guys, I just came to Lagos last week. I need a job.
am a web developer and very good in Java too.
any advice?
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 6:03am On Sep 05, 2016
Do you have a portfolio of at least 5 serious apps u ve worked on? (I don't mean index page Web templates)

You should add it here. Some big boys are watching. Then connect with some gurus in Lagos like dhtml.

Finally, try finding and hacking a site, then send the results of ur exploits to the sites owners. That works all the time.

If all fails, consider joining a tech firm near you for free. If ur good, opportunities will assail u before 2 months elapse.

Good luck bro. This field is heavily sought after. You ll get something soon.

2 Likes

Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by VenantCode(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2016
larisoft:
Do you have a portfolio of at least 5 serious apps u ve worked on? (I don't mean index page Web templates)

You should add it here. Some big boys are watching. Then connect with some gurus in Lagos like dhtml.

Finally, try finding and hacking a site, then send the results of ur exploits to the sites owners. That works all the time.

If all fails, consider joining a tech firm near you for free. If ur good, opportunities will assail u before 2 months elapse.

Have you tried it before grin
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by danidee10(m): 8:11am On Sep 05, 2016
larisoft:

Hacking a site

Well it's a two way scenario. You could get jailed for it, if the site owners decide to take the case up
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by FrankLampard: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2016
larisoft:

Nice one Larry, where do you work?
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by FrankLampard: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
VenantCode:

Have you tried it before grin

Na too much oyinbo movies dey cause am.

2 Likes

Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2016
FrankLampard:

Nice one Larry, where do you work?

larisoft Nig. We develop desktop, mobile and Web Apps. Based in Enugu
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
danidee10:

Hacking a site

Well it's a two way scenario. You could get jailed for it, if the site owners decide to take the case up

No. It's called ethical hacking. Your helping them not stealing from them.

Provided you :

1. Let them know you hacked it
2. Let them know the vulnerabilities in the site
3. Do not destroy their data
4. Do not use their data for personal use...
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by danidee10(m): 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
larisoft:

No. It's called ethical hacking. Your helping them not stealing from them.

Provided you :

1. Let them know you hacked it
2. Let them know the vulnerabilities in the site
3. Do not destroy their data
4. Do not use their data for personal use...

Yeah....but you have to be given permission to pentest a site or network...if not it's not ethical again

1 Like

Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
I disagree with Larisoft's "hack the site to get the job" method, you'll just get arrested because you need the permission to pen-test else it's illegal, that's why companies like facebook organize pen-testing events to dig out security issues.

Tolet.com.ng has a job for an entry level PHP developer, if you're interested do a google search on the job (it should be there somewhere) checkout places like Yaba.. Places like CcHub can be a good place to attract companies and land a job.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Maxmmanuel(m): 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
Call 08132660431 now I know someone that needs your skill. Call that number quick before he gets somebody else.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by FrankLampard: 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
larisoft:

larisoft Nig. We develop desktop, mobile and Web Apps. Based in Enugu

Nice one.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 8:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
Arrested on what grounds? I believe the issue is not up for debate yet, if anyone takes it up, we ll discuss it then)(and please try to learn the position of the Nigerian law on that matter before u do) .

In the meantime, the easiest way to get the attention of a cto is to show him the vulnerabilities in what he has built.

and pen testing won't get u the attention. That's cheap. Am talking algorithms here, ppl. Try hacking Facebook. Succeed, send them the details of it exploit without abusing the data in anyway , tell me you ll be imprisoned.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
I am not a GURU o, just a wannabe script kiddie on da block. . . .
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by VenantCode(m): 9:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
larisoft:
Arrested on what grounds? I believe the issue is not up for debate yet, if anyone takes it up, we ll discuss it then)(and please try to learn the position of the Nigerian law on that matter before u do) .

In the meantime, the easiest way to get the attention of a cto is to show him the vulnerabilities in what he has built.

and pen testing won't get u the attention. That's cheap. Am talking algorithms here, ppl. Try hacking Facebook. Succeed, send them the details of it exploit without abusing the data in anyway , tell me you ll be imprisoned.
I do agree totally with what you said(I tried that once) I asked "have you done it before" because i wanted to know how you did your own, not that I disbelived you. IN btw do you participate in Google Code Jam
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
VenantCode:
I do agree totally with what you said(I tried that once) I asked "have you done it before" because i wanted to know how you did your own, not that I disbelived you. IN btw do you participate in Google Code Jam

Yeah. I did last year. Dont know if its been held this year.

As to my methods, I mainly rely on AI to try to guess urls, guess encryption methods (selects the right algorithm from a list of algorithms using factory design pattern) grab and grill data which programmers thought unreachable because they encrypted it with simple ceaser cipher (you wouldnt believe how often thats used!). There are also ways to break android apps, and obtain data which many of us know here, like the regular change android extension, which hundreds of nigerian developers fall victim to, or the dex file decompilation which even I myself take for granted sometimes.

When a site/app is done by a senior developer, there is little you can do to it because they use the right frameworks to lock you out (try hacking c# mvc ), but with all the cheap, junior programmers, whom are getting all the jobs these days, the Nigerian internet landscape is practically begging anyone who is interested to hack it for fun, succeed, and land a job in the victim company. lol

By the by, am just giving my opinion now...enjoying the developer community like I always do.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 10:17pm On Sep 05, 2016
dhtml18:
I am not a GURU o, just a wannabe script kiddie on da block. . . .

Lol! See baba ooo. Eke aro sir! (I dont know the evening version)
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by FrankLampard: 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2016
Larisoft your passion for programming is awesome, I would like to work in your company.

How do I send my CV.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by VenantCode(m): 9:29am On Sep 06, 2016
larisoft:

Yeah. I did last year. Dont know if its been held this year.

As to my methods, I mainly rely on AI to try to guess urls, guess encryption methods (selects the right algorithm from a list of algorithms using factory design pattern) grab and grill data which programmers thought unreachable because they encrypted it with simple ceaser cipher (you wouldnt believe how often thats used!). There are also ways to break android apps, and obtain data which many of us know here, like the regular change android extension, which hundreds of nigerian developers fall victim to, or the dex file decompilation which even I myself take for granted sometimes.

When a site/app is done by a senior developer, there is little you can do to it because they use the right frameworks to lock you out (try hacking c# mvc ), but with all the cheap, junior programmers, whom are getting all the jobs these days, the Nigerian internet landscape is practically begging anyone who is interested to hack it for fun, succeed, and land a job in the victim company. lol

By the by, am just giving my opinion now...enjoying the developer community like I always do.
That's awesome. How was the google code jam like, can you give me tips in participating grin?
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 11:13am On Sep 06, 2016
VenantCode:
That's awesome. How was the google code jam like, can you give me tips in participating grin?

LOL! I didn't go very far at all so my advice is probably impotent in that regard. I couldn't get past a matrix problem that seemed simple at first glance but it felt awesome participating.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by VenantCode(m): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2016
larisoft:

LOL! I didn't go very far at all so my advice is probably impotent in that regard. I couldn't get past a matrix problem that seemed simple at first glance but it felt awesome participating.

ok thanks
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
@op, what are the languages that you can use well?
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by VenantCode(m): 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
dhtml18:
Senior bros, how do you usually get jobs?
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by larisoft: 3:40pm On Sep 06, 2016
FrankLampard:
Larisoft your passion for programming is awesome, I would like to work in your company.

How do I send my CV.

Noted. Will inform you once an opportunity presents itself. Thanks for the confidence.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2016
adeolagbemi:
hi guys, I just came to Lagos last week. I need a job.

am a web developer and very good in Java too.

any advice?

Send me your CV as in now, luckily someone just called for a Java dev but it's not a full time thing, but this should be enough to get recurring gigs. my email is in my signature
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by talk2hb1(m): 9:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
dhtml18:
Java/PHP Sah
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 07, 2016
Naira land is a funny place someone makes a post about needing a job and I said send resume as something was urgent. But no response oh well
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2016
VenantCode:
Senior bros, how do you usually get jobs?
By trolling the streets of Lagos, I have got street credibility.
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by FrankLampard: 7:23am On Sep 07, 2016
pcguru1:
Naira land is a funny place someone makes a post about needing a job and I said send resume as something was urgent. But no response oh well

Just chill maybe he hasn't seen your post or no internet where he is...

1 Like

Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by VenantCode(m): 7:27am On Sep 07, 2016
dhtml18:

By trolling the streets of Lagos, I have got street credibility.
how na, i still don't understand?
Re: Am In Lag, I Need A Job. by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2016
FrankLampard:

Just chill maybe he hasn't seen your post or no internet where he is...
I guess so that's true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tesseract Hotel Management System For Windows PC / Benefits Of The Improvements Made On Forum4africa - Programmers / Software Administrators Needed At A Software Firm URGENTLY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.