Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,675 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? (1104 Views)

How Much Do Chickens (and Other Livestock) Cost In Nigeria? / Awareness..... Stop Patronizing Imported Chickens (please Read) / Monitor Lizard killed near where chickens are reared. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? by JuanDeDios: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2016
I recently decided to stop buying imported frozen poultry because of the issues associated with them. But here's my worry about those live chickens sold in our markets. What if they use antibiotics on them even close to the time they are brought to the market for sale? Do they? Do you know anything about the poultry industry?
Re: Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? by symbianDON(m): 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2016
JuanDeDios:
I recently decided to stop buying imported frozen poultry because of the issues associated with them. But here's my worry about those live chickens sold in our markets. What if they use antibiotics on them even close to the time they are brought to the market for sale? Do they? Do you know anything about the poultry industry?
your worries are quite reasonable....nonetheless however you look at it, it's still safer than eating the imported ones.
Re: Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? by JuanDeDios: 9:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
symbianDON:

your worries are quite reasonable....nonetheless however you look at it, it's still safer than eating the imported ones.
Well, I'd like to think so too, but antibiotics resistance is already a serious issue in medicine. In a country where government is non-existent in terms of food inspection, I think there is cause to worry. I guess I have to think about giving up chicken. It will be tough since I don't eat beef or goat meat or anything like those, but I'm sure I can figure out something.
Re: Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? by symbianDON(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Well, I'd like to think so too, but antibiotics resistance is already a serious issue in medicine. In a country where government is non-existent in terms of food inspection, I think there is cause to worry. I guess I have to think about giving up chicken. It will be tough since I don't eat beef or goat meat or anything like those, but I'm sure I can figure out something.
great! however, I was thinking, if you live in a place with some space you could actually rear a few for personal consumption. it will be fun and your mind will be at rest. that's what I plan to do.
Re: Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? by JuanDeDios: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
symbianDON:

great! however, I was thinking, if you live in a place with some space you could actually rear a few for personal consumption. it will be fun and your mind will be at rest. that's what I plan to do.
I should think about that. My present compound is not that big so I'm worried about smell. But definitely worth thinking about.
Re: Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? by Baroba(m): 6:46am On Sep 10, 2016
JuanDeDios:

I should think about that. My present compound is not that big so I'm worried about smell. But definitely worth thinking about.

With good hygiene, you can run a small chicken coop even in a small space, Chicken doesn't smell that bad if well managed, if na piggery that's a different kettle of fish..
Re: Are Naija Live Chickens Healthy? by JuanDeDios: 7:14pm On Sep 14, 2016
Baroba:

With good hygiene, you can run a small chicken coop even in a small space, Chicken doesn't smell that bad if well managed, if na piggery that's a different kettle of fish..
Ok. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Pls How Can I Make Popcorn Without It Burning / Struggling With Loosing Weight? / What Weird stuff Have You Eaten?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.