Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace (13695 Views)

Governor Shettima Carries Baby For Delegate At Anambra APC Primaries (Pics) / Ondo APC Primaries : Tinubu's Camp In Disarray / Buhari Condemns Killing Of Bridget Agbahime In Kano, Sues For Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by yns4real: 1:24am On Sep 05, 2016
ONE of the aspirants, who participated in Saturday’s governorship primaries of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ondo State, Chief Olusola Oke, yesterday kicked against the outcome, alleging that names of hundreds of non-delegates was smuggled into the delegates’ list.

Another aspirant, Prof Ajayi Boroffice faulted the authenticity of the delegates, saying he would not make any issue about it for now.

Meanwhile, the first runner up in the election, Dr Olusegun Abraham has conceded defeat in the election. He went further by congratulating the winner of the primaries, Mr Rotimi Akeredolu.

Oke kicks

Speaking with newsmen in Akure, Oke alleged that the process of the election was laced with fraud, noting that the result “didn’t reflect the wishes of delegate as non-delegates were injected.”

Director General of the Olusola Oke Campaign Organisation, Otunba Bola Fisayo alleged that over 400 names were injected in Ondo East and Ondo West council areas of the state.

Oke added that non-delegates were also injected in Irele and other areas in the northern senatorial districts.

He further alleged that the delegates’ list handed over to them when the Presidency invited the aspirants to Abuja was different from the one handed over to them at about 11pm, a day to the election by the election committee headed by Governor Badaru Abubakar of Jigawa State.

Also, Oke alleged that the accreditation exercise was compromised as “non-party executive delegates were allowed to vote during the exercise.

Abraham congratulates winner

Meanwhile, Dr Abraham has congratulated Akeredolu for emerging winner of the contest.

He said: “My special regards and admiration for Alhaji Badaru Abubakar, the Governor of Jigawa state, and his team for their sterling quality and integrity in conducting the primary. I pray that our God will bring the much-needed prosperity we seek to Ondo State in earnest. I will not turn my back to my loving people of Ondo. I will continue to contribute my quota to the development of our state in any way God directs.”

Akeredolu extends hands of friendship

In his remarks, Akeredolu extended his hands of fellowship to other aspirants appealing to them to “ let us act as one family and rescue Ondo State.”

The APC candidate said that his election would usher in a great day in the anals of the state.

Akeredolu said he has no doubt that the party ”would defeat the ruling Peoples Democratic, PDP.”

saying “we don’t need to give signal to Mimiko.”

Besides, he said “undoubtedly, we will produce the next governor of Ondo State. We will give governance a new face in Ondo State.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ondo-apc-primaries-oke-kicks-abraham-concedes-akeredolu-sues-peace/

1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by iykedstar(m): 1:27am On Sep 05, 2016
What is dis

Ftc grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by sommyblaze(m): 1:33am On Sep 05, 2016
okay ooo, next

btw, closer to FTC. .

God read my SMS please...

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by modath(f): 3:57am On Sep 05, 2016
Naija politicians never cease to amaze one, Segun Abraham who everyone thought had the nomination already locked down has taken it in his stride..

Unless Oke plans to kick bucket, this ship has sailed. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by sosanova: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2016
grin grin grin

This is how They will keep fighting and PDP will win Ondo State in November.
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by veekid(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2016
Next plz
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by pafygodo: 8:27am On Sep 05, 2016
This is not a surprise.
The race for the 2019 presidential election has begun.
Olusola Oke seemed to have been sponsored by Abubakar Atiku and other Political bigwigs who defected from PDP to APC. He gave each of the delegates a sum of #150k.
If Olusola Oke should win the primary, i see all old PDP members following Mimiko defect enmass to APC to support their own. Invariably, Olusola Oke and his supporters may hijack the party from the old ACN members.
If ultimatum given by INEC to submit the name of the aspirants has not expired,it will not be a surprise if Olusola Oke moves to one these fledgling political parties to actualize his ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Zico5(m): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2016
That's what happens when personal interest supersedes collective ones. I wonder if these set of people have conscience. All they know is their pockets. Nigeria will continue to shrink if we still continue with these set of people. But who are to save us. No one but ourselves. We need to find means to make it right. If not calamity is looming.
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Ehins22(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2016
sad
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Pavore9: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2016
modath:

Naija politicians never cease to amaze one, Segun Abraham who everyone thought had the nomination already locked down has taken it in his stride..

Unless Oke plans to kick bucket, this ship has sailed. cheesy

It is either they unify and back Akeredolu or PDP continues its stay at the government house!
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Jeel: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2016
k now
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by akinola107(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2016
shocked
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by egift(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Funny politicians. They should unite behind the winner. Only one person can be the winner.

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by EXCELSMITH(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Hungry men looking for a position to enable them make money easily.
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by kindnyce(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2016
Atleast,its good a non-politician take over,akerelodu as former president NBA.can sure take ondo to the next level .

2 Likes

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by kingDavidda1st(m): 8:32am On Sep 05, 2016
The whole primary thing sounds funny though. Segun Abraham that everyone thought would win now the runner up, someone other aspirants were even stepping down for. Something isnt right mehn.

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 05, 2016
Let the battle continue
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by omoyemirally(f): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2016
am so sad right now. How I wish Abraham cud win d party primary. Akeredolu is no match to PDP. Mimiko wud be rejoicing now. Which way,Ondo state?

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by kingDavidda1st(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2016
kindnyce:
Atleast,its good a non-politician take over,akerelodu as former president NBA.can sure take ondo to the next level .

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Ogeneronaldo: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2016
Is it dat onda ppl all look funny? Jus tinkin aloud
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by AfroKnight: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2016
Akeredolu should not have emerged as winner at all. The man stands no chance. Especially if other candidates don't support him.

1 Like

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by shaddoww: 8:45am On Sep 05, 2016
Hmmmmm, I think Oke is trying to pressure d party to look towards his side for d deputy governorship ticket.
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by wengerjay(m): 8:49am On Sep 05, 2016
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by wengerjay(m): 8:52am On Sep 05, 2016
pafygodo:
This is not a surprise.
The race for the 2019 presidential election has begun.
Olusola Oke seemed to have been sponsored by Abubakar Atiku and other Political bigwigs who defected from PDP to APC. He gave each of the delegates a sum of #150k.
If Olusola Oke should win the primary, i see all old PDP members following Mimiko defect enmass to APC to support their own. Invariably, Olusola Oke and his supporters may hijack the party from the old ACN members.
If ultimatum given by INEC to submit the name of the aspirants has not expired,it will not be a surprise if Olusola Oke moves to one these fledgling political parties to actualize his ambition.
Hmmmm
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by Jaywon242(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2016
shaddoww:
Hmmmmm, I think Oke is trying to pressure d party to look towards his side for d deputy governorship ticket.
so u think Oke will accept d dep gov's position? far from it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by tinsel: 9:06am On Sep 05, 2016
The Northen Mafia within the corridors of power in Abuja installed Akeredolu in order to check Tinubu in 2019. But for sure APC came out badly injured in Ondo State. How this will affect them in the poll, I don't know yet.
Also Tinubu did not play this game well. He would have pressurized Abraham to step down for Borroface Knowing the political chess game against him. He has been royal to the core right from inception.
But indeed I am surprised at Buhari for allowing his boys to try to decimate Tinubu, with all Tinubu did for him. If he has listened to Tinubu instead of his own people, he would not have been in this mess with the National Assembly and yet he refused to learn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by GoldenJAT(m): 9:08am On Sep 05, 2016
they must always bring up issues,no matter how transparent the process was!
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by SelensePapa7: 9:09am On Sep 05, 2016
Aketi again!!!

Customer dada ni grin
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by deebsman1(m): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2016
Nice 1 Abraham
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by dayo23(f): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2016
What is all this fuse about self, Tinubu this Tinubu that....makr una free Jagaban abeg!!! Beside Akeredolu is still is person. How can PDP win in Ondo? It practically impossible. Mimiko from Ondo town rules for 8yrs and is bringing another useless thief from the same Ondo town to rule us. This will be one of the most cheapest election for APC To win
Re: Ondo APC Primaries: Oke Kicks, Abraham Concedes, Akeredolu Sues For Peace by farem: 9:33am On Sep 05, 2016
This is the the saddest political news for those who are expecting rofo-rofo fight.
Keen contest is a hallmark of politics. The only thing is that you don't live all your life in bitterness like some do, and expect here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari Congratulates China On 69th Anniversary / I Didn’t Walk Out Of Njc Meeting, Says Nba President Usoro, San / Why Hon Chukwuma Umeoji Is The Right Man To Succeed Governor Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.