Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Sentiment Apart Nigeria Economy Is Being Controlled By These 12 Individuals. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sentiment Apart Nigeria Economy Is Being Controlled By These 12 Individuals. (708 Views)

Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics / Oyegun Is Being Controlled By Some Forces – Timi Frank / Sentiment Apart Nigeria Economy Is Being Controlled By These 12 Individuals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sentiment Apart Nigeria Economy Is Being Controlled By These 12 Individuals. by iamboody(m): 6:58am On Sep 05, 2016
I have a personal Opinion that the under listed Goons are the major Players in Our Economy. (I am analysing only Government Institution). When critically analysed one will not but agree with me that Nigeria Economy is rested on the shoulders of the twelve people listed below. I don't think there is any other 'Major' Player that is left out. These individuals are the ones that the decisions they make could be critical to the success and failure of the economy.
I don't want to sound sentimental because I have advanced past party politics, I don't do party politics anymore, what I am concerned about is Individual and never the party that produced them. After checking the names and Region where they came from one could see that southerners are the major players in the present dispensation. So I don't know why people are making assertions that Buhari Administration is being dominated by People from the North and mostly Muslims.
I only saw two core Northerners and three Muslims from the list of 12 people. Sentiment apart I think this is not too fair to the people from the North. I know there are other key positions and appointments that was given to the Northerners but believe me they all fall within the umbrella of the 12 major players below.

I stand to be corrected that if you found any other major player outside these 12 people feel free to analyse it for us.

1. The President; General Mohammadu Buhari Katsina State (North) Muslim.
The C in C, Overall leader, he solely put final assent to any decision or Policy arrived at by his team.
2. The Vice President; Professor Yemi Osinbajo Ogun State (West) Christian
The Vice President is very active, his role in building and collapsing of the economy can not be over emphasis. He is the leader of the economy team, most economy decisions and policies arrived at are channelled through his table to the president for final approval.
3. Finance Minister; Kemi Adeosun Ogun State (West) Christian
Mrs Kemi Adeosun is in charge of our finances. She has one of the most delicate task at hand. she is responsible for the inflows and Out flows of cash into the economy. She develops financial policies that can make or destroy the economy.
4. Works, Power and Housing; Babatunde Fashola Lagos State (West) Muslim
Mr Fashola is a Super Minister who was given three major Infrastructural Development Ministries to manage. For any Economy to be termed developed, it has to have attained some levels of infrastructural development. Some basic amenities such as Road, Power, Housing are key to growing any economy. No Economy will ever be termed developed or developing when these basic amenities are not in place.
5. Transportation; Rotimi Amaechi River State (South) Christian
The Transport Ministry has a major role to play in growing our economy. Free movement of goods and services across the country is very important as this reduces the overhead cost of such commodities. Our railing system, air and water transportation needs to be very close to perfect before we can witness a positive turnaround.
6. Solid Mineral Development;- Dr Kayode Fayemi Ekiti State (West) Christian
Nigeria is blessed with different natural resource which are left untapped. Our so much dependant on Crude Oil is the genesis of our woes today. Until all other resources are being mined and utilised we won't get out of this mess.
7. Petroleum Resources Ibe Kachickwu Delta State (South) Christian
Crude Oil is the biggest earner of foreign exchange in our economy and it is the major source of income that finances Government Programmes and Projects. Everything is dependant on Crude. The Craftiness Kachickwu can as well liberate our impoverished economy.
8. Budget and Planning Senator Udo Udoma Akwa Ibom State (South) Christian
This a Ministry draws Government plans and programmes for the year. It decides what to be done and what not to be done. It also determined how much to be expended on a project it plans to execute.
9. Agriculture & Rural Development Audu Ogbeh- Benue State (Central) Christian
Our economy needs diversification from crude oil. Agriculture once sustained the economy, so a good programme and policy in Agriculture will boost Agro Allied business and Nigeria will start earning forex from Agriculture instead of importing items like Rice and Tomatoes.
10. CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele Enugu State (East) Christian
CBN Governor works hand in hand with the Finance Minister. CBN is the most important of many tools Federal Government uses to implement some of it Financial Policies.
11. Chairman FIRS - Dr. Babatunde Fowler Lagos State (West) Christian
FIRS earn the second highest revenue for the Government after Crude Oil. Now that militants are vandalising oil pipelines, the responsibility of raising enough money to implement the Budget is on them.
12. Comptroller General of Custom- Colonel Hammed Ali Bauchi State (North) Muslim
Custom also generate bulk of money to the coffer of the Federal Government which will in turn be used to finance its programmes. I think it generates next to FIRS.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: When Buhari Tries To Explain Why Economy Is Down To Wailers&ipod / please is this true? (pics) / 5 Things We Can Never Forget About The 8 Years Adams Oshiomole Ruled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.