Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:31 PM

Be A Solution Series Two - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Be A Solution Series Two (240 Views)

Anybody Have A Solution To This(jamb)? / Why There Will Never Be A Solution To ASUU Strike / I Need A Solution To This Mathematics Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be A Solution Series Two by pojomatics(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2016
ARTICLE: BE A SOLUTION Series Two...Saint Teresa Still Celebrated 19 years after Death.
I welcome you to the second series of this mind blowing topic, BE A SOLUTION. Today which marks the 19th year since ANJEZE GONXHE BOJAXHIU died, i will like to share a brief history about her and what we can learn from her life.
BIOGRAPHY OF SAINT TERESA
Anjeze was a Roman Abanian Roman Catholic nun and missionary who was born on the 26th of August 1910. At an early age, she was fascinated by story of the lives of missionaries and their services in Bengal and by twelve, she was convinced that she would commit herself to religious life but she made her final discussion on the 15th of August 1928 while praying at the shrine of the Black Madonna of Vatina where she often went for pilgrimage.
At eighteen, Anjeze left home to join the sisters at Lereto Abbey to learn English with the view of becoming a Missionary. In 1928, she arrived in India and subsequently learnt Bengal and taught at St. Teresa School close to the convent. Around 1931,she chose to be name after Theresa de Lisieux, the patron of missionaries, but she chose the spanish spelling and this was how ANJEZE GONXHE BOJAXHIU became TERESA.
She rose to become the headmistress of the school but as at that time, there existed a problem in Calcutta called Poverty. This problem increasely disturbed her coupled with the Bengal famine of 1943 that brought misery and death to the city and not too long, she got "a call within a call", while travelling on train, to BE A SOLUTION----to help the poor while living among them and the cost was leaving the comfort of the convent.
In 1948, she ventured out into the slums in Calcutta coupled with establishing the foundation, Missionaries of chariity, a new religious community that helps the poorest among the poor. Starting the project was Really hard since there was no support, It got worst that she even begged but a while later, she got the attention of Indian officials including the Prime Minister.
She died on the 5th of September and at her death, Missionaries of charity had 400 sisters, an asssociated brotherhood of 450 me very operating 600 missionaries in 120 countries. she was granted a state funeral for her service to the poor of all religion in India.
She was beautified on the 19th of October 2003 and was CANONOIZED ON THE 4th of SEPTEMBER 2016 AS A SAINT by POPE FRANCIS... To be continued
Dear Readers, we today celebrate Saint Teresa because of HER CONTRIBUTION TO THE WORLD. WHAT WILL YOU BE CELEBRATED FOR? SHE SOLVED THE PROBLEM OF POVERTY, WHAT PROBLEM ARE YOU SOLVING?.
. Join me as we discuss what we can learn from this SAINT tomorrow.
From this short Biography, what have you learnt from Saint Teresa? Drop your comments

MADE IN: WARRI
BY: POJOMATICS
Do well to share this write up with your Friends.
Visit my social media platforms at:
pojomatics..com
www.facebook.com/pojomatics
or contact me on watsapp via

(1) (Reply)

20 Students Die In Freak Tree Accident In Ghana / career / Help A Professional Certificate Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.