Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil (7016 Views)

Maryam Jameelah – Life, Legacy And Lessons / Surah Maryam: An Address To The Christians / The Spiritual Activist: Parallels Between Our Lives & Maryam -haf. Wisam Sharief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Abuzola(m): 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2009
Mughirah ibn shu-bah, a companion of the Prophet muhammad (S.A.W) related that , he was reciting the Quran before the christian of Najiran and whilst reciting the ayah

'At length she brought the (baby) to her people carrying him (the baby), they said,'O mary ! Truly an amazing thing hast thou brought ! O sister of Aaron ! Thy father was not a man of evil , nor thy mother unchaste' (Quran 19:27-28)

The christian confronted him and said ,'You read 'O sister of Aaron in the Quran, whereas moses was born much before jesus'
mughirah ibn shubah did not know the answer.

So when he went to the Prophet he asked Prophet Muhammad about it, whereupon Prophet Muhammad said,'The people (of the old age) used to give names of apostles and pious people who had gone before them'

Sahìh muslim, Kitaab al adaab, vol 3, 2135
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2009
Muhammad's response is that people in the time of Mary would refer to a pious young woman as the "sister of X," where X might be a prophet from 1400 years earlier. The problem is that we have no record of such a practice in first century Israel, and we don't even find it used elsewhere in the Qur'an. The obvious conclusion, then, is that Muhammad simply made a mistake, and that he tried to correct it by making something up.

Two more points are worthy of note in al-Muslim's hadith. First, the Christians of Najran knew nothing of the practice of referring to pious young women as the sister of some prophet, even though they would have been familiar with traditions about Mary. Second, the Muslim who talked to them obviously didn't know that this was a figure of speech, since he was stumped by the refutation and had to go back to Muhammad for an answer. Thus, Christians knew nothing of the practice Muhammad referred to, and Muslims who had been reciting the Qur'an in Muhammad's presence were never told that "sister of Aaron" was a metaphor. Indeed, they only learned this when Muhammad had been accused of erring.

But things get even worse. The father of Moses, Aaron, and Miriam was a man named Amram (Arabic: "Imran"wink:

1 Chronicles 6:1-3--"The sons of Levi were Gershon, Kohath and Merari. The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. The children of Amram were Aaron, Moses and Miriam."

Hence, if Muhammad really believed that Mary the mother of Jesus was the same person as Miriam the sister of Moses and Aaron, it wouldn't surprise us to find Muhammad referring to Mary as "the daughter of Imran." Not surprisingly, this is exactly what we find in the Qur'an and the Hadith:

Qur'an 3:35-36--"Behold! When the wife of Imran said: 'O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: for Thou hearest and knowest all things.' When she was delivered, she said: 'O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!'--And Allah knew best what she brought forth--'And no wise is the male like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.'"
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2009
Note that Mary's mother is called "the wife of Imran." The Qur'an certainly takes the application of this metaphor to an extreme, for now we must assume that there was a first century practice in which a pious woman would be called the "wife" of the father of a prophet!

Thus, if we are to believe Muhammad's explanation for what appears to be a rather obvious error in the Qur'an, we must believe that there was a first century practice in which people would refer to a pious young woman as "the sister of X" (where X was a prophet who died centuries earlier), and as the daughter of the wife of Y (where Y was the father of prophet X), and as "the daughter of Y" (where, again, Y was the father of prophet X). When we combine this with the fact that, by an amazing coincidence, there was indeed a woman named Miriam who was both the sister of Aaron and the daughter of Amram, and whose mother was the wife of Amram, we have to wonder why the author of the Qur'an would pass on such a confusing collection of metaphors, with absolutely no evidence that these metaphors were ever used in the first century, and with the only reasonable conclusion being that Muhammad didn't know that Mary and Miriam were two different people, who lived more than a thousand years apart.
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by olabowale(m): 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2009
Oh Nezan, son of Adam (AS). Sorry. I forgot you are not one of the Children of Adam.

Nezan is living today long time after Mariam mother of Isa bin Mariam (AS) lived, while Adam lived long time before Haruun (AS)
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Abuzola(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2009
Nezan attitude is synonymous to goat, exactly like illustrated, we have Adam the current governor of Edo, does that make him the Adam of Eve, haba, some people are just agbaya with coconut's head. Sorry sir nezan
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by olabowale(m): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2009
@Nezan: « #1 on: Today at 06:28:38 PM »  
Muhammad's response is that people in the time of Mary would refer to a pious young woman as the "sister of X," where X might be a prophet from 1400 years earlier. The problem is that we have no record of such a practice in first century Israel, and we don't even find it used elsewhere in the Qur'an. The obvious conclusion, then, is that Muhammad simply made a mistake, and that he tried to correct it by making something up.
If Muhammad (AS) is wrong, how come Jesus is called son of King David, except it is in the same motiv as what Muhammad (AS) said when the Quran called Mariam the mother of Isa bin Mariam (AS) sister of Haruun (AS)? Please separate the two and I wanna read your magician gimmick.

Two more points are worthy of note in al-Muslim's hadith. First, the Christians of Najran knew nothing of the practice of referring to pious young women as the sister of some prophet, even though they would have been familiar with traditions about Mary. Second, the Muslim who talked to them obviously didn't know that this was a figure of speech, since he was stumped by the refutation and had to go back to Muhammad for an answer. Thus, Christians knew nothing of the practice Muhammad referred to, and Muslims who had been reciting the Qur'an in Muhammad's presence were never told that "sister of Aaron" was a metaphor. Indeed, they only learned this when Muhammad had been accused of erring.
Igbo people and Hausa people and other Nigerian tribes, though all Nigerians, do they know every bit of every traditions of each tribe; the minor as well as the major? The Bini people and Yoruba people have the same common bloodlines in Nigeria, yet not all Bini traditions are known by all Yoruba people, and the opposite is the same.

But things get even worse. The father of Moses, Aaron, and Miriam was a man named Amram (Arabic: "Imran"wink:

1 Chronicles 6:1-3--"The sons of Levi were Gershon, Kohath and Merari. The sons of Kohath were Amram, Izhar, Hebron and Uzziel. The children of Amram were Aaron, Moses and Miriam."

Hence, if Muhammad really believed that Mary the mother of Jesus was the same person as Miriam the sister of Moses and Aaron, it wouldn't surprise us to find Muhammad referring to Mary as "the daughter of Imran." Not surprisingly, this is exactly what we find in the Qur'an and the Hadith:
Think hard man. Will it be imposssible that Mariam's father the mother of Isa bin Mariam was a namesake of Haruun and Musa' (as) father? Was Saul who later became Paul not namesake of King Saul, the first king of the Children of israel, who was the king when little David king giant Goliat? I am pointing these to you just to gear your memory to life, so that you see how correct Quran and Muhammad (AS) were!

Qur'an 3:35-36--"Behold! When the wife of Imran said: 'O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: for Thou hearest and knowest all things.' When she was delivered, she said: 'O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!'--And Allah knew best what she brought forth--'And no wise is the male like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.'"Am a yoruba man. And am called Omo Oduduwa. Who is Oduduwa? I have never seen him and as far as am concern, if I follow Nezan's thought process as in the argument he is making against Mariam and her mother being called sister of Haruun (as), and wife of Imran, the name sake of Haruun's and Musa's (AS) father, respectively, the youbas and all those who call them that are wrong and probably delutional!

But then Nezan and the Bible ad all Christians, call Jesus son of David, son of his stepfather capenter Joseph and surprisingly Adam (AS) the first man! They also call Jesus son of Abraham, son of Jacob! You guys are complaining about Muhammad (AS) who is sincere that this is the way the people back then honor people deserving honor?

Let meask you, how is Jesus son of King david, except that it is a matter of you Christians honoring him, attaching him to the nobility of David? If David is from the blood line of Jacob, and haruun is from the same bloodline, is this not as clear as the day that they are truly haruun's bloodline?
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by olabowale(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2009
Abuzola; fi sabilIllah, dont curse.
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Abuzola(m): 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2009
Fisabililahi Abuzola doesn't curse. Why is it that you people consider insult as curse, plz refrain from it abegi o, the two phrase have their own definition.
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
If Muhammad (AS) is wrong, how come Jesus is called son of King David, except it is in the same motiv as what Muhammad (AS) said when the Quran called Mariam the mother of Isa bin Mariam (AS) sister of Haruun (AS)? Please separate the two and I wanna read your magician gimmick.
Jesus was called son of David because his geneology was traced to David. Check the first chapter of Matthew, if mohammed was referring to Mary through her genealogy through Aaron (which is not even established), he would have called her 'daughter of Aaron' and not Aaron's sister, Miriam.

Igbo people and Hausa people and other Nigerian tribes, though all Nigerians, do they know every bit of every traditions of each tribe; the minor as well as the major? The Bini people and Yoruba people have the same common bloodlines in Nigeria, yet not all Bini traditions are known by all Yoruba people, and the opposite is the same.
Indirectly, you are also saying we should forgive mohammed because he didnt know much about Jewish culture . . grin grin grin grin

Think hard man. Will it be imposssible that Mariam's father the mother of Isa bin Mariam was a namesake of Haruun and Musa' (as) father? Was Saul who later became Paul not namesake of King Saul, the first king of the Children of israel, who was the king when little David king giant Goliat? I am pointing these to you just to gear your memory to life, so that you see how correct Quran and Muhammad (AS) were!
If they were namesakes (which is not even established) he should have said so instead of spewing out lies that you are now trying to cover cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2009
Nezan attitude is synonymous to goat, exactly like illustrated, we have Adam the current governor of Edo, does that make him the Adam of Eve, haba, some people are just agbaya with coconut's head. Sorry sir nezan

I dont blame you, all muslims tend to this when the lies they believe in are exposed wink
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Abuzola(m): 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
Hehehe, nezan nezan nezan. When will this attitude stop, i pity the day u will be lowered in the grave. Haza ma raa'it , God is angry !
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by olabowale(m): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Nezan: « #8 on: Today at 01:30:15 PM »
[Quote]Jesus was called son of David because his geneology was traced to David. Check the first chapter of Matthew, if mohammed was referring to Mary through her genealogy through Aaron (which is not even established), he would have called her 'daughter of Aaron' and not Aaron's sister, Miriam.[/quote]Not established in the Bible because the Bible does not provide accuracy. Proof: The geneology of Jesus itself. There are two geneologies! Which one is correct since they are differenet from one another? Muhammad (AS) was direct and what is similar to his directness are the names of my sons; Olayiwola after my sons maternal Uncle and Oladunwo after my own cousin! You see how real this is, yet both of them and their parents are Omo oduduwa.

Funny that you could say that Jesus is in the same lineage with King Prophet David, while his mother Mariam is not in the same honorable lineage as King David and and Undeniably Prophet Musa (AS) and Haruun (AS)! Look at this man called Nezan; what a thinking! Are all Children of Israel not from the same father; Jacob? Am tired of the slow thinking Nezan!

[Quote]Indirectly, you are also saying we should forgive mohammed because he didnt know much about Jewish culture . . [/quote]If thats your understanding then I wonder what they teach people in Nigeria! I have a friend who is a professor in the University of Abuja, maybe I need to report the poor sholarship to her. Jewish culture did not start, at the earliest when Judah son of Jacob was born. Israelite culture was not born until Jacob was born. Yet Ismaila culture was alive long time before it, because it was alive before Isaaqa culture for at least 13 years, so who cares about the Jewish culture, if we in Islam do not care about the much older Egyptian culture, how then do you think we care about Jewish culture? My leader Muhammad showed honesty by speaking truthfully about the Jews and the prophets that came from them as Children of Israel! Thats honesty, man.

[Quote]If they were namesakes (which is not even established) he should have said so instead of spewing out lies that you are now trying to cover [/quote]I didnt hear where Saul who became Paul says he was namesake with King Saul. I did not read where disciple John says that he was a namesake with Prophet John son of Zachariah! Can you show these in your Bible? Think man, before I come to Abuja to embarasse you.
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by muhsin(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2009
Abuzola:

Hehehe, nezan nezan nezan. When will this attitude stop, i pity the day u will be lowered in the grave. Haza ma raa'it , God is angry !

No, Abuzola. I pray for him; inshaAllah he'll soon see the light of Islam. cool
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2009
Funny that you could say that Jesus is in the same lineage with King Prophet David, while his mother Mariam is not in the same honorable lineage as King David and and Undeniably Prophet Musa (AS) and Haruun (AS)! Look at this man called Nezan; what a thinking! Are all Children of Israel not from the same father; Jacob? Am tired of the slow thinking Nezan!
Stop dodging my question my questio cheesy
If Mary was Aaron's daughter, why refer to her as Aaron's sister Miriam? stop hiding under long posts to dodge my question.
If thats your understanding then I wonder what they teach people in Nigeria! I have a friend who is a professor in the University of Abuja, maybe I need to report the poor sholarship to her. Jewish culture did not start, at the earliest when Judah son of Jacob was born. Israelite culture was not born until Jacob was born. Yet Ismaila culture was alive long time before it, because it was alive before Isaaqa culture for at least 13 years, so who cares about the Jewish culture, if we in Islam do not care about the much older Egyptian culture, how then do you think we care about Jewish culture? My leader Muhammad showed honesty by speaking truthfully about the Jews and the prophets that came from them as Children of Israel! Thats honesty, man.
Why do you always dodge when you are boxed into a corner, you said it was impossible for Christians of Najran to know Jewish customs and History (despite reading about it in the Bible), how will mohammed know it when he was just gathering snippets of the history?
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2009
I didnt hear where Saul who became Paul says he was namesake with King Saul. I did not read where disciple John says that he was a namesake with Prophet John son of Zachariah! Can you show these in your Bible? Think man, before I come to Abuja to embarasse you.
See me see delusion. The Bible never in any verse, mistook Saul(later Paul) the apostle with King Saul, neither was John the apostle mistaken for John Bar-Zachariah, these are two different things . . . the koran mistook Mary, mother of Jesus for Miriam, Aaron's sister. Better admit the plagiarization error wink
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2009
allah the moon god is angry because the lies attributed to him by mohammed are beign exposed?

No, Abuzola. I pray for him; inshaAllah he'll soon see the light of Islam.
How will I see light in islam when all I see are the lies written in the koran . . . undecided . . that mary was miriam, Aaron's sister.

Peace, I love you all kiss
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Abuzola(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2009
You are so blind to see the truth, see how the hadith clearly made things clear but d blind wonder in ignominy
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by olabowale(m): 1:07am On Oct 07, 2009
@Nezan: « #13 on: Today at 05:11:03 PM »
[Quote]Stop dodging my question my questio
If Mary was Aaron's daughter, why refer to her as Aaron's sister Miriam? stop hiding under long posts to dodge my question.[/quote]Where did you come up with the bolded; space or what book did you read it from? Are you okay, man? I know its a long day, already. And this post now confront you!

[Quote]Why do you always dodge when you are boxed into a corner, you said it was impossible for Christians of Najran to know Jewish customs and History (despite reading about it in the Bible), how will mohammed know it when he was just gathering snippets of the history?[/quote]Show me where I said the bolded and I will apologise because I know I did not say it and had no intention of saying it. My whole argument is situation specific: Muhammad (AS) said the children of Israel honor nobility by associating him/her by name and family ties to another nobility. And that is good enough for me because I can relate to it, since I have observed that in my many seedas of the "Jews" that they divide themselves by tribes and clans. And there was no Christianity when Mary was called sister of Haruun, remember?

« #14 on: Today at 05:19:06 PM »
See me see delusion. The Bible never in any verse, mistook Saul(later Paul) the apostle with King Saul, neither was John the apostle mistaken for John Bar-Zachariah, these are two different things . . . the koran mistook Mary, mother of Jesus for Miriam, Aaron's sister. Better admit the plagiarization error
Was there a Saul among the Children before King Saul? Was Paul named after King Saul, or smebody else, or not named after King Saul, in your mind? I hope you can reason this out yourself. Which is more intensed, you as son of Adam, which I think only atheist will deny, or Mary as sister of Haruun? The more remote of the two is you being son of Adam based on the larger generational gab! Yet you will not say that you are not from Adam. Is there a greater error in thinking if you cant see that Mary is more suited as Haruun's sister than you a common man as Adam's son?

« #15 on: Today at 05:25:38 PM »
How will I see light in islam when all I see are the lies written in the koran . . . . . that mary was miriam, Aaron's sister.

Peace, I love you all
How could you see light where there is light when you are actually so deep in your midnight pitch black dackness, of the blackest black called Christianity? So before you ford through the river of 3 gods, please why is Jesus son of King David, again?

allah the moon god is angry because the lies attributed to him by mohammed are beign exposed?
You alway speak off cuffs!
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2009
Where did you come up with the bolded; space or what book did you read it from? Are you okay, man? I know its a long day, already. And this post now confront you!
You see your dishonesty? you were comparing the biblical mention of Jesus the son of David to the answer mohammed gave that Mary was Aaron's sister, was it not? I now told you that if he was infering from that relation, he would have used the term 'daughter of Aaron', but by referring to her as sister of Aaron Miriam, it goes to prove that he was ignorant of what he was saying. Stop running in circles cheesy
Show me where I said the bolded and I will apologise because I know I did not say it and had no intention of saying it. My whole argument is situation specific: Muhammad (AS) said the children of Israel honor nobility by associating him/her by name and family ties to another nobility. And that is good enough for me because I can relate to it, since I have observed that in my many seedas of the "Jews" that they divide themselves by tribes and clans. And there was no Christianity when Mary was called sister of Haruun, remember?
You see your dishonesty again? you were saying that it was impossible for people even living in the same country to know each other's culture to the fullest, you even referred to Nigeria (comparing Ibo, Hausa, Yoruba), now you have started running in circles, debying your statements, asking me to show you, so as to derail the thread, the normal practice when you are boxed into a corner wink
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2009
Was there a Saul among the Children before King Saul? Was Paul named after King Saul, or smebody else, or not named after King Saul, in your mind? I  hope you can reason this out yourself. Which is more intensed, you as son of Adam, which I think only atheist will deny, or Mary as sister of Haruun? The more remote of the two is you being son of Adam based on the larger generational gab! Yet you will not say that you are not from Adam. Is there a greater error in thinking if you cant see that Mary is more suited as Haruun's sister than you a common man as Adam's son?
You see how you are failing to explain mohammed's goof? you can refer to me as son of Adam, you can refer to Jesus as son of David, you can refer to yourself as son of Ismaila, good . . . that is the normal way of relating yourself with a perceived dead ancestor. If mohammed was referring to Mary in this respect, the best way to relate her to Aaron would have been 'daughter of Aaron', but by referring to her as 'sister of Aaron', he was erroneosly referring to somebody who lived at the time of Aaron, that is Miriam, whose father was Amran (or Imran). He said it to the minutest detail, and here are you, trying to cover up his mistakes . . . what a prophet of allah . .  undecided . . ?
How could you see light where there is light when you are actually so deep in your midnight pitch black dackness,  of the blackest black called Christianity? So before you ford through the river of 3 gods, please why is Jesus son of King David, again?
Better to trust in Christianity than that plagiarized book which is full of chronological error, mistaking a person that lived centuries apart with another person cheesy
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 5:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
And there was no Christianity when Mary was called sister of Haruun, remember?
See me see lie, you mean Christianity had not existed when mohammed referred to Mary as Aaron's sister Miriam? grin grin grin grin
So the Christians at Najran that caught mohammed with this lie were not Christians? see me see delusion grin grin grin grin
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 3:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
mohammed mistook Mary for Miriam to the extent that the arabic name for Mary is rendered as Maryam, notice the similarity with Miriam.

Maryam=Miriam

He honestly did not know that Mary and Miriam are two different people who lived centuries apart! grin grin grin
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by theseeker2: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
nezan. What is your problem?
You have no problem that jesus, a man without a father was called son of david and son of josph
you have no problem that  jesus a man without a geneology was given two seperate genealogies of which no two of the 66 names are the same.

But you are breaking your head cos quran called maryam sister of Aaron

pls tell me what your problem is
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by olabowale(m): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2009
@Nezan: « #20 on: Yesterday at 05:08:45 PM »
[Quote]
And there was no Christianity when Mary was called sister of Haruun, remember?
See me see lie, you mean Christianity had not existed when mohammed referred to Mary as Aaron's sister Miriam?[/quote]Let me help your thinking; When did Mary and infant son Jesus, existed: the time of Muhammad or some many hundreds of years before? If long time before Muhammad (as), then you will realise that Muhammad (AS) was told to relate a story by the Revealer of the Quran, which he, Muhammad simply repeated. This is part of the fulfillment of the another comforter's role of saying he says what he was commanded to say as he hears it. I hope you now understand, because when Jesus was called the son of David, david left this earth many hundreds of years before. Yet Jesus is the son of younger man David, while Jesus claimed that he was before Abraham! You see the confusions, except that Jesus must have been refering to time that he was only a soul of one of the children of Adam and the time that Abraham was already alive on earth! You see the pictures now; the sequential snapshots tell a story now!

And there is no miriam in Quran. Maybe in your accented nigerian tribe you say miriam, but the Quran says MARYAM (miim, raa, yaa, miim). There is a Surah named after her; go read it and see Yaa in it! And there is no Mi but Ma to begin her name! Think man! Muhammad said that she was sister of haruun, meaning she is also the sister of Musa (AS), and they have the same parent or parents! The Children of Israel have the same father (Israel) and they are brothers and Sisters to each other or one another! You need to think man. You are my brother and I doubt if we will ever meet!
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
So the revealer of the koran mistook Mary for Miriam?

Miriam was Aaron's and Moses's sister, she was not mentioned in the koran because the revealer of the koran mistook Mary for her.

Going by Jesus's human genealogy, his ancestor was David, that was why He was referred to as son of David, what prevented the revealer of the koran from identifying Mary as a daughter of Aaron? may be the revealer was confused?

All the stories rendered above did not explain why mohammed confused Mary for Miriam. You people should just accept the plagiarization error wink
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ the sneeker; I dont know, may be you just sneaked into this thread. Follow the OP and help your brothas to explain why the revealer of the koran was mistaking Mary for Miriam.
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Abuzola(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
The fact that u re blind doesn't mean we are the same. Get it
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Nezan(m): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2009
The fact that u re blind doesn't mean we are the same. Get it
Who is blind now? the revealer of the koran who mistook Mary for Miriam or the person to whom the error was revealed? or better still, those who gullibly accepts the lie? which? you tell.
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by olabowale(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2009
@Nezan: « #24 on: Yesterday at 05:42:25 PM »
So the revealer of the koran mistook Mary for Miriam?

Miriam was Aaron's and Moses's sister, she was not mentioned in the koran because the revealer of the koran mistook Mary for her.
And he is charges with some affairs of Nigeria, by his location? He is in a grind of the rot of Miriam, when the Quran says Maryam? I will post the chapter : Maryam and the verse 28 that says "Yaaa ukhta Haaruuna ma kana abukimra asawiinw wa ma kanat ummuki ba gi yaa". And before this reference to her as sister of Prophet Haruun (note that Christians and jews dont take Haruun as prophet), verse 16 of the same chapter says: wadzkur fil kitabi Maryama idzin tabadzat min ahliha makanaaan sharqiyaa. Now, nezan, you read it, show me where you find miriam?! I will not engage you in blind argument, the usual tactis you employ to bounce of truth from reaching your heart.

Going by Jesus's human genealogy, his ancestor was David, that was why He was referred to as son of David, what prevented the revealer of the koran from identifying Mary as a daughter of Aaron? may be the revealer was confused?
It is rather surprising to see a people saying there is human god, when they never stop to accuse the hindus and other native worshippers of their traditional gods of idolatry! Whats the diference betwen a physical god that is human and a physical god that is cow? Can either create something new? The answer is no, then how could one ridicule the other when they are in the same ship but different deck, bound to sink, anyways?

All the stories rendered above did not explain why mohammed confused Mary for Miriam. You people should just accept the plagiarization error
Can a Book that does call Haruun a prophet be a plagiarisation of the one that does not know him to be a prophet? No!
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by sleek29(m): 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2009
It was narrated from Ibn Jarir, narrated from Yaqub, narrated from Ibn U’laya, narrated from Sa’id Ibn Abi Sadaqa, narrated from Muhammad Ibn Sireen who stated that he was told that Ka’b said the verse that reads, "O sister of Harun (Aaron)!" (of Sura 19:28) does not refer to Aaron the brother of Moses. Aisha replied to Ka’b, "YOU HAVE LIED." Ka’b responded, "O Mother of the believers! If the prophet, may Allah’s prayers be upon him, has said it, and he is more knowledgeable, then this is what he related. Besides, I find the difference in time between them (Jesus and Moses) to be 600 years." He said that she remained silent

From the Arabic commentary of Ibn Kathir on Sura 19:28.
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by Abuzola(m): 2:46pm On Oct 09, 2009
Point number 1: Ibn kathir, tabari etc are not hadith , get it. They are historian who only make comment. So ur point is fruitless

point 2: When Aisha denied it and he explained to her she remained silent gesturing her approval.

Without going too far i want to point out to you that ibn kathir is not a book of hadith nor an isnad of any hadith, i wonder where u got the crap u posted
Re: Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil by theseeker2: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2009
the case of the alleged mary, aaron confusion is similar to that of haman and pharaoh.
The quran narrated the story of haman a close associate and friend of phoaroh whom pharoah ordered to build a tall structure for him so he challange God of moses.

The xtians claimed this was another confusion by muhammed since the only mention of haman in the bible was in the book esther as concellor to the persian king xeres some 1,100 years apart from pharoah.

This set the stage for series of allegations that muhammed confused stories in his plagarism of the bible. However as Allah would have it The Rosseta Stone was found and egyptian heiroglyfics was decoded. This opened a new light in the writtings of ancient egypt. And lo and behold the name haman was recorded as a friend of pharoah and the head of the stoner builders. The quran has prevailed again

'do they not consider the quran with care, had it been from one other than Allah you would have found within it much contradiction'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Status And Honour Of Mother In Islam / Marriage In The Month Of Shawwal / Some Ramadan Topics For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.