Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents (1453 Views)

8000 APC Members Including Former Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Decamp To PDP / Sani Garba Gusau, Zamfara Governorship Aspirant (Photos) / President Buhari Lifts Tony Nwoye's Hand At Anambra APC Governorship Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2016
APC aspirant Ekungba reportedly calls Ondo people bastards

– The primary election of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ondo state was reportedly keenly contested by 23 aspirants

– The election was won by Rotimi Akeredolu, a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) while Jamiu Afolabi Ekungba scored 44

A governorship aspirant in the forthcoming election in Ondo state has reportedly called people of the state bastards.

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyta2ph21s6pro.8104b541.jpg[/img]
Ekungba allegedly called Ondo people bastards

According to The Herald, Jamiu Afolabi Ekungba, an aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), angrily made the statement following his loss at the party’s primary election held on August 3, 2016.

The primary election was contested by 23 aspirants and won by Rotimi Akeredolu, 60, in a keenly contested election that saw him polling 669 votes.

There were 2,774 accredited delegates who partook in the voting exercise. Dr Segun Abraham emerged second with a total number of 635 votes.

The report said the aspirant from Owo caused a scene, storming out of the venue of the primary election after scoring less than 50.

Ekungba said he would never help any indigene of the state because he was woefully treated at the election.

“I am highly disappointed in the people of Ondo, they are bastards and betrayals,” he reportedly said adding that the people turned their backs on him when it mattered most and after he had spent over N300 million on them.

“They deceived me. I spent over N300million naira on reaching out to each of the delegates alone.

“Even before the primaries I have spent millions of naira. After collecting my money they gave me just 44 votes.

“From today I will never help any Ondo State indigene, I’ll rather give out my money to the Hausa beggars on the street,”
he reportedly said.

Ekungba, in an interview many weeks before the primary election, had told NAIJ.com that he had many plans for the state which he would implement if he was eventually elected.

He also said at 60, he is not expected to steal like it had become the norm to have political leaders steal public funds while in office.

Source: https://www.naij.com/955666-bastards-ondo-apc-governorship-aspirant-reportedly-tells-residents.html?source=index_main
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by ojun50(m): 11:09am On Sep 05, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahah d mumu we keep spending
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by submarine1(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2016
Imagine 300million for primaries alone, If to say dis man win d election en 4 finish dat state, tank God say en money enta VOICE MAIL.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by NaijaMutant(f): 11:27am On Sep 05, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2016
CC: lalasticlala, seun

Come and see wonders in Ondo
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by berryprety(f): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2016
hahahahah.....him eye don clear.....sai baba is change..Ntoor..

1 Like

Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 05, 2016
Why are the yellowba people like that?

This guy is really in emotional pain, imagine 300mil in this buhari era.

My condolences, he should know that this is naija. wink

1 Like

Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by matamaros: 11:38am On Sep 05, 2016
WHY WILL YOU HATE A STATE BECAUSE OF A FEW DELEGATES
WAS THE APC PRIMARIES OPEN TO ALL ONDO INDIGENES.
I AM SO HAPPY YOU NEVER EMERGED AS THE FLAGBEARER YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE THAN MIMIKO

2 Likes

Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by ki02020(m): 11:44am On Sep 05, 2016
submarine1:
Imagine 300million for primaries alone, If to say dis man win d election en 4 finish dat state, tank God say en money enta VOICE MAIL.

Exactly

Kudos to the delegates for they are not advocates of stomach infrastructure like their neighbors

O didn't call any name ooooo

2 Likes

Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by stebell(m): 1:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
This guy shud just shut up. Who does he thinks his N300Mil don epp, him don bath, him don chop?
So the only good thing he can think of doing to the people of the state is to dash them peanuts that amount to N300Mil. He is mad.

Thank goodness he lost out. Indeed the beggars needs your money. Give it to them.

1 Like

Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by Nectarbaba(m): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2016
Lol e pain am
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by DaniDani(m): 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
Chai, painment at its best
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by mikki123(m): 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
Why collect money from him when you know you wont vote for him.. Is that not Corruption?
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by Hedonistically: 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
E pain am well well.
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by tdbankplc: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2016
mikki123:
Why collect money from him when you know you wont vote for him.. Is that not Corruption?

He should bring proof that any accused didn't vote for him. Na fool fey give money to someone he or she can't monitor. If they claim they voted for him nko?
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by chat2deen(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
300 Million? shocked kwarupshan is really fighting bak. Sangoo will fire d yansh of dos dat chop ur money. Let me do Allah ya isa 4 dem on ut behalf grin grin grin
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by Cadamlk: 8:15pm On Sep 05, 2016
mikki123:
The big question is why spend that sum on primaries to bribe delegates?How does he hope to get the money back?

Ondo delegates only employ the tactic of ''collect their money,vote your preferred candidate''. I think that is what die-hard politicians like him deserve.
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by manutdrichie(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin
I don laff die
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: You Are Bastards, Ondo APC Governorship Aspirant Reportedly Tells Residents by Oluwabusobomi(f): 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Tells FG - "Let Us See Results" / Where Is Aisha Buhari,the Supposedly First Lady Of Nigeria? / We‘ll Join Hands To Bury PDP- Babatope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.