Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,614 members, 7,823,669 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate (1297 Views)

8 Takeaways From President Muhammadu Buhari’s Visit To Turkey / 6 Takeaways From Buhari's Speech During 2017 Budget Presentation / Ten Takeaways From Buhari’s Visit To Germany – Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate by gbollybakare: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2016
1. To say that i was imposed on Edo people is unfair. I have been part of the renewal process since 2009.

2. I and my colleagues working with the Governor designed the blueprint for comrade Adams Oshiomhole administration.

3. Knowing full well that youth employment is a major remedy to security breaches, we will link our security approach to industrialization, youth training, skills acquisition, civil construction and our robust public works programme which is aimed at generating over 20,000 direct employment in the first three years.

4. All I have done in my life is creating jobs. Edo needs someone who can pull resources together. We will attract investments

5.If you have not financed or built anything you cannot start now. APC govt has met its obligations. APC has built infrastructure across the state.

6. In the past 8years, we've built about a thousand Kilometres of roads, and investors can now access some remote parts of the state

7.We restored order,accountability and responsibility in Edo state after 8 years of PDP plundering

8. Through the provision of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Loans at single digit interest rates, we will encourage micro and small businesses to grow, medium enterprises will become large companies on the long run. This will create over 50,000 jobs as we intend to support over 20,000 MSMEs in the next 4 years.

9.Currently the electricity demand in Edo State is over 450 mega watts. We want to generate 20% of Nigeria’s electricity from plants sited in Edo State. We will attract more investments in large and small scale through electricity generation and working with the BEDC, we will ensure that more power is available for domestic and industrial use. We will also ensure that areas not previously connected will be linked with the electricity grid.

10.We will provide the enabling environment for women to achieve their highest potential by taking our women empowerment initiative beyond the phase of empowering women. We will empower society as a whole through the women because when we strengthen women we are empowering our domestic economy. We will advance government services when women occupy leadership positions.

11.In addition to providing access to Medium and Small Scale Enterprises financing for our young entrepreneurs, we will focus on the development of our youth through investments in sports, arts and crafts. Our key target will be to link these talents with resources to become globally competitive and access to markets to unlock their inherent potentials.

12. My Government will invest in training and capacity building of the civil service within a broad plan of refocusing the service to meet the 21st century governance demand.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate by chris2face(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2016
Is not my business sha but I will tell Edo people to let who ever the cap fit to wear it meanwhile Nairalanders is not a good time for me my uncle lost his wife,may her gentle soul and those departed rest in the bosom of the lord
Mama shere Lado till we meet to part no more

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate by playahata: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2016
Edo peeps shine ya eyes very well sha
Re: EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate by mrvitalis(m): 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2016
The problem I have with Nigerian politicians is just they don't tell u how they will found the lofty campaign promises. . When they get in they now realise the money is not there

All this things will need over 300bn in four years... how will edo raise a capital found of 300bn in four years that's the main work.. now how to spend it
Re: EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate by etas1001(m): 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2016
APC and job creating scam. and I read about power? only people living in edo state will understand. EDO shine ya eyes.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate by yarimo(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
Edo people shine your eyes, OBASAKI is another learner of one chance driver.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: A Dozen Takeaways From Obaseki's Channels Debate by sosanova: 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2016
grin grin grin

Obaseki is a confirmed unripe mango and Obolor

He was just shaking, fidgeting and stammering at yesterday debate.

He open his big fat ugly mouth that look like Elephant ynash to say that " Local Government in Edo State are autonomous"

Obaseki was incoherent and sweating throughout the debate.

Pastor Ize Iyamu schooled Obaseki on the basic of governance.

(1) (Reply)

See What APC Supporters Did To his Brothers In Edo State (see Photo) / Pandemonium In Ikorodu As Lagos State Govt. Bans Red BRT Buses. / The Best 2019 Ticket For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.