Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

The Best Way To Avoid Traffic Holdup At Abule Egba, Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Best Way To Avoid Traffic Holdup At Abule Egba, Lagos (623 Views)

The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / Night View Of The Water Fountain At Abule Egba Jubilee Bridge(pics) / 11 Ideas That Can Help You Avoid Traffic Congestion In Nigerian Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Avoid Traffic Holdup At Abule Egba, Lagos by ItuExchange(m): 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2016
Lagos State announced they would spend only 18 months building the bridge at Abule Egba, Lagos. But I can guarantee you that it’ll take a minimum of 3 years. The pace of the construction is too slow. Sometimes, you’ll see only a few workers, working tardily like hungry men. Sometimes, you’ll see no human beings working, save equipment that are just lying there.

It’s a good idea to build a bridge at that place, because it would surely solve some traffic problems. However, the way they do it is extremely slow: Where about 20 workers should be busy days and nights, you’ll see only 3 or 4 working slowly only during days.

Motorists and passengers are facing serious, frustrating and exasperating hardships on that road every day. Some can spend 3 hour or more there! Why?

There’s nothing that can be done, really. Nigerians should know by now that, no matter how much they waste their time shouting, the governments will do what they will do. Then how do you alleviate your own suffering?

Whenever I’m coming from Iyana Ipaja or Oshodi, I’ll simply take an Abule Egba bus and alight at Super Bus Stop. Then I’ll trek to Abule Egba Bus Stop, which isn’t far anyway (far shorter than Yaba Bus Stop to Oju Elegba). From there, I’ll take another bus to anywhere I’m going. This way I avoid the hold up.

Buses which take Agege face impasse. Those who turn around Ile Epo to emerge at Ekoro Road also face bad road situations.

Waking for several hours is good for your health. Isn’t it?

- Contributed anonymously

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Cities To Experience The Best Of Nigeria_travelstart. / Destination Wedding. (morocco) / Pain After A Bridge Along The Douala/Yaounde Road Failed In Cameroon (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.