Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,297 members, 7,867,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:34 AM

Cos I Am Waiting. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cos I Am Waiting. (256 Views)

Ize-iyamu To Supporters: I Am Waiting For Victory Songs On Sunday / I Am Waiting To See If Our First Daughter"Zarah Buhari Will Go For NYSC Service / The Soldier Who Has Seen His Family Only 12times In 6yrs Cos Of Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cos I Am Waiting. by winsala(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2016
Cos I am still waiting
Even through the times of melancholy, I was waiting,
When we thought no more hope was available, i was waiting,
When there was various secession, I was waiting,
When they came up with various promises & policies I was waiting.

Waking early for the morning radio news, I was waiting,
Or glueing my eyes to the television for the mid-afternoon news, I was waiting,
Sitting in my balcony enjoying the evening breeze scrabbling aggressively on the newspaper, I was waiting.

They promised change, I am still waiting,
They promised transformation, I am still waiting,
They said no more corruption, am still waiting,
They say it is for, by & of the people, I am still waiting.

They go about visiting court rooms and tribunals, forgetting am still waiting,
They wallow in party crusade, fighting for superiority, forgetting am still waiting,
They clamour that change their blue print is only its way, forgetting am still waiting.

Waiting for what?
Waiting for the time Nigeria will change.
_Comrade Winsala Oluwagbotemi Ayomide. ©2015.

(1) (Reply)

Research-driven Data Are Meant To Guide Us / Dana Air Partners Green October Initiative To Support Autistic Children / Investment Portfolio.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.