Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Making Use Of Ebay - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Use Of Ebay (1115 Views)

CBN Bans Use Of Dollars For Overseas Fees, Medical Trips / Banks Stop Use Of ATM Cards Abroad #Emefieleconomics / The Divorce Of Ebay And Paypal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Use Of Ebay by busman: 2:29am On Dec 17, 2006
please can any one tell me how i can sell things through ebay,and also how i can register with them.
Re: Making Use Of Ebay by niyyie(m): 7:27pm On Dec 17, 2006
Wanna know the simple truth? Nigerians are not wanted on ebay

Your brothers and sisters have worked hard to give you a bad reputation there.
Re: Making Use Of Ebay by naijacutee(f): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2006
Ebay has a lot of potential but if you're in Nigeria, anything to do with eBay would be doomed from the start. . . . Unless you can can think outside the box. You could partner up with (a trusted) someone abroad who can register an eBay account which you can access. Then you search for a dropshipper to deliver orders to your customers. Your partner gets paid, you get paid. Everybody smiles.
Re: Making Use Of Ebay by Reverend(m): 11:47pm On Dec 17, 2006
You can thank the Yahoo boys for this situation undecided

Every honest Nigerian should report people they know to the authorities if they are involved in 419. It is destroying the Country and is not as some people think a Western conspiracy!

It is greedy, lazy criminals sitting in internet cafes all day. They may think that they are not criminals, but in reality they are the worst type!

Maybe someone should set up an association of Nigerian Ebay users and offer a guarantee system that members would deliver and/or pay for the goods! Could be a good business and you could charge for membership!
Re: Making Use Of Ebay by abhosts(m): 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2006
That will be a rock solid initiative, talking about Ebay in Nigeria. Unfortunately, Our online reputation is so embarrassing. Any Trace of Nigeria in any monetary transaction, be it IP Address, Billing Address or Shipping Address, sends shivers down the spine of the oyinbo man.
Re: Making Use Of Ebay by Naija4ward(m): 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2006
Hi, Naijacutee is right.  Reverend proposal is fantastic. Lets get the two of them to serve on the Board of Association of Ebay Users.  I can contribute some insights.

If not, and you want to trade internatiionally not just on ebay alone, you must consider becoming a "TRANSNATIONAL".  First set up a UK company right from Lagos there (www.setup.co.uk, www.dialmailbox.co.uk). Then a UK bank account. Finally set up a US company (Delaware is easier) with a bank account.  Presto you are ready to trade with the world.  If anybody put an obstacle on your, then let me know.

As Naijacutee said, follow that proposal or simply appoint an agent in UK and US to start with.  Use profit from that set up to go Transnational. 

Dont forget Nigeria is a market of 120 million people at least. It is not a market to be ignored.

What happened to www.GBOZA.COM?

Naija4ward
Re: Making Use Of Ebay by Naija4ward(m): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2006
Hi, Naijacutee is right.  Reverend proposal is fantastic. Lets get the two of them to serve on the Board of Association of Ebay Users.  I can contribute some insights.

If not, and you want to trade internatiionally not just on ebay alone, you must consider becoming a "TRANSNATIONAL".  First set up a UK company right from Lagos there (www.setup.co.uk, www.dialmailbox.co.uk). Then a UK bank account. Finally set up a US company (Delaware is easier) with a bank account.  Presto you are ready to trade with the world.  If anybody put an obstacle on your, then let me know.

As Naijacutee said, follow that proposal or simply appoint an agent in UK and US to start with.  Use profit from that set up to go Transnational.  

Dont forget Nigeria is a market of 120 million people at least. It is not a market to be ignored.

What happen to www.GBOZA.com?

Naija4ward

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Financier To Kick-start My Business. / Cost of Materials to Build a Hostel? / What Biz Can I Do With 400k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.