Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Appointment Of Ex-cons Into Public Offices. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Appointment Of Ex-cons Into Public Offices. (598 Views)

Emir Of Gashua,Yobe Abducts 17yr Daughter Of Ex-CAN Secretary.See Reactions(pics / Man Arrested For Selling Appointment Letters (photo) / Omg See Photo Of Baby Thrown Into Public Toilet Found Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointment Of Ex-cons Into Public Offices. by clydedaniels(m): 6:43am On Sep 06, 2016
Is it not even a breach of the constitution to appoint an ex convict into public office?

I hope the Enugu State Government will reconsider this.

Amaka Anajemba was one of the masterminds of the biggest 4-1-9 in the history of mankind. In the early 90s together with Emma Nwude, Emmanuel Ofolue, Nzeribe Okoli, Obum Osakwe and her husband , they defrauded a Brazilian bank and one of its directors to the tune of $242m. Part of the reasons Nigeria was blacklisted by the FATF in 2002 was our inability as a nation to bring these guys to justice.

The EFCC under Ribadu used this as a test case and Amaka Anajemba and her co-conspirators were all jailed in 2005. Now 11 years after, without any state pardon, the Enugu State Government has appointed the woman into public office.

This is totally unacceptable. One of the consequences of financial and economic crimes , in any decent society is disqualification from public service. Ours cannot be an exception.

Is it that we lack manpower/personnel to man these offices??

We must not let this continue.

Cc: lalastica

http://www.famouspeoplemagazine.com/amaka-anajemba-gets-political-appointment/
Re: Appointment Of Ex-cons Into Public Offices. by HungerBAD: 6:46am On Sep 06, 2016
Really? i remember that case like it was yesterday.

What position was she given?

2 Likes

Re: Appointment Of Ex-cons Into Public Offices. by clydedaniels(m): 6:50am On Sep 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Really? i remember that case like it was yesterday.

What position was she given?

MD Enugu Staate Waste MGT Agency.
Re: Appointment Of Ex-cons Into Public Offices. by HungerBAD: 6:51am On Sep 06, 2016
clydedaniels:

MD Enugu Staate Waste MGT Agency.

This is bad.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Weed! Hilarious Video Of A Young Man Smoking Marijuana / How Soldiers Ambushed Kidnappers & Recovered Weapons In Bauchi (photos) / Robbery Inprogress @ My Neighborhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.