Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,305 members, 7,860,754 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

Closed - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Closed (7098 Views)

Closed / Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun / Aliexpress Your Order Has Been Closed. (experiences & Solved) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 7:27pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pidggin:

Upwork only works for few, diversification is important

Explain please.
Re: Closed by fikayor2(m): 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
My question is this, how do you go about 90 job score minimum to bid for a job. I'm into graphic designing and it is so common seeing it in most job posting.
Re: Closed by ladyF(f): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
rozayx5:

you trade forex?

got linked up with a forex company through upwork 3 months ago, been with them since then

upwork is a good site

cheers databoy
I buy skrill grin
Re: Closed by mostHandsome01: 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
to the gurus in the house! if for example i open an account with a different name like an american, how do i cash out if the name on my paypal or payoneer differs from that of upwork, will that bring an issue ??
Re: Closed by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
fikayor2:
My question is this, how do you go about 90 job score minimum to bid for a job. I'm into graphic designing and it is so common seeing it in most job posting.
If the buyer is verified, and the job is something you can perfectly deliver, go for it.

in your bid, Outline the steps you'll take to tackle it, add sample of something similar u've done, or any of ur impressive work, bid with a discount to his budget(indicate it to him).

Hurry to be among the first 5 bidders, at worst first 10. Goodluck.
Re: Closed by ladyF(f): 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
rozayx5:

you trade forex?

got linked up with a forex company through upwork 3 months ago, been with them since then

upwork is a good site

cheers data.boy
Not yet though, I have plans to consider it o, but will have to go through it very well. cry

1 Like

Re: Closed by fikayor2(m): 12:19am On Sep 09, 2016
MULLAH123:

If the buyer is verified, and the job is something you can perfectly deliver, go for it.

in your bid, Outline the steps you'll take to tackle it, add sample of something similar u've done, or any of ur impressive work, bid with a discount to his budget(indicate it to him).

Hurry to be among the first 5 bidders, at worst first 10. Goodluck.
Thanks bro, I'm thinking of creating another account already because ever since I joined I only got a job and I got 5star review after the completion and ever since then nothing again. Thanks once again.
Re: Closed by Emmyk(m): 12:47am On Sep 09, 2016
@,Op, lol. But I met a British man before, he had spent over $210,000 on Upwork as at that time. He was looking for Testers In Nigeria.
I applied, and he gave me a link to fill some details, I didn't know this was the real work. After filling, I got back, he promised the real work was coming soon. Since that time till now, he keeps saying in 2 weeks time, 2 weeks time. I did free work for him.

Another Lady this Saturday, I rewrote an Article for her, she said she would use a software on her system to check, she did, and the system said what I did rewrote had 5 issues; that was how she went, not giving me s chance to correct.

3 Likes

Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 09, 2016
That is why i no dey even bid for a project with a trial stage, i rather do it for free if i have the time. In fact I no dey even bid to a job with a file attached requesting one to download.
Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 5:09am On Sep 09, 2016
Emmyk:
@,Op, lol. But I met a British man before, he had spent over $210,000 on Upwork as at that time. He was looking for Testers In Nigeria.
I applied, and he gave me a link to fill some details, I didn't know this was the real work. After filling, I got back, he promised the real work was coming soon. Since that time till now, he keeps saying in 2 weeks time, 2 weeks time. I did free work for him.

Another Lady this Saturday, I rewrote an Article for her, she said she would use a software on her system to check, she did, and the system said what I did rewrote had 5 issues; that was how she went, not giving me s chance to correct.

My brother, it is something we all have to deal with. The only 100% sure way to get your money is if you do hourly work. But most times, we can avoid this by chosing the clients we go for. Other times it just happens and we have to move on.

Just 3 days ago, a client ran away with my $45. Wetin I go do na? We just have to keep trying and pray we meet the good ones.

The thing is, if you meet one client that will keep you on retainer, you wont even remember being duped.

I call this job hazards. grin
Re: Closed by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 09, 2016
Fingerprinter:

Please, how does the payment platform of upwork work? I did a job for a client I met on fiverr, but the job was done for him as an individual. Now he has hired me to do the same job again for his company. I've delivered the job but the problem now is the payment platform to use. The company can't pay me through paypal for obvious reasons. But he is suggesting that if I have an account with upwork, that the company can pay me through upwork. I have an account I created on upwork around 2013 that I've not really used. So I want to know how the payment platform of upwork works before I accept that option from them or look for another alternative. Thanks bro, please respond. I also intend to revive the account, maybe then I would ask more questions.

Payment on upwork takes at least a week, I use payoneer but make sure the amount is sizeable or you can use your payoneer bank account or skrill.

1 Like

Re: Closed by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 09, 2016
My worst experience was on freelancer, got hired by an Indian did the job, on excel and access I had to open my programming books by force only to send the files and no thank you. And Indians bid too low for my liking.
Upwork is better by far, when I started, I opened up to 4 upwork accounts 3 as a Nigerian and 1 as an Australian using fakeaddress.com But had issues with payment because your real name must be on the tax form.
I had a job on my oyibo account and had to confess and give my real account. Luckily he liked my work and my LinkedIn profile so he hired me through my real account. He is now vexing me because the job is ongoing and it is for a weekly payment of $200 but I have not received anything after a week and he is very slow to respond.
My regular job is too cheap it is long term and for 3 hours for 5 days in a week and they insisted to pay me 220 naira equivalent am hour. I have made just $25 in two weeks.
I am torn between payoneer and skrill, skrill takes longer but can send cheaper to your bank account. Payoneer is faster but will zap your money with each decline or faulty transaction. I lost $8 this week.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 6:01am On Sep 09, 2016
mostHandsome01:
to the gurus in the house! if for example i open an account with a different name like an american, how do i cash out if the name on my paypal or payoneer differs from that of upwork, will that bring an issue ??
You will hear from upwork sharply, make sure your name tallies on the tax form and payment method. If not your money go hang and you will need to identify yourself to customer support with national Id.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 09, 2016
databoy247:

My brother, it is something we all have to deal with. The only 100% sure way to get your money is if you do hourly work. But most times, we can avoid this by chosing the clients we go for. Other times it just happens and we have to move on.

Just 3 days ago, a client ran away with my $45. Wetin I go do na? We just have to keep trying and pray we meet the good ones.

The thing is, if you meet one client that will keep you on retainer, you wont even remember being duped.

Good morning, please i jst completed my frst job and the client gave me a review and ended the contract, i saw where it says i have to write a review bfor i can see hers, i've written mine but upto now i no de see that one.
Re: Closed by Fingerprinter(m): 6:19am On Sep 09, 2016
mdoub:

Payment on upwork takes at least a week, I use payoneer but make sure the amount is sizeable or you can use your payoneer bank account or skrill.
Do upwork.com take a percentage of your money as fiverr does?
Re: Closed by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 09, 2016
Fingerprinter:

Do upwork.com take a percentage of your money as fiverr does?
Most definitely, that's how they make their money. They also take money to send to your preferred method of payment.

1 Like

Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 6:51am On Sep 09, 2016
MULLAH123:

Good morning, please i jst completed my frst job and the client gave me a review and ended the contract, i saw where it says i have to write a review bfor i can see hers, i've written mine but upto now i no de see that one.

Dont worry, you'll see your reviews in a few days time. Upwork is waiting to see if any dispute will come up. Same for her too. She wont see yours for a few days.

Congrats mate!
Re: Closed by Fingerprinter(m): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2016
mdoub:

Most definitely, that's how they make their money. They also take money to send to your preferred method of payment.
Please do you know what percentage they take? Sorry, this should be the last question
Re: Closed by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 09, 2016
databoy247:

Dont worry, you'll see your reviews in a few days time. Upwork is waiting to see if any dispute will come up. Same for her too. She wont see yours for a few days.

Congrats mate!
thanks.
Re: Closed by I888(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2016
databoy247:

It says page does not exist. I really cant understand why some people get such issues. Any account i open with upwork gets approved in seconds.
copy and past the link. As you can see, not the entire links are clickable.
Re: Closed by Meklex(m): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2016
How can I get upwork to acceot my profile?
Re: Closed by rozayx5(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
for my crypto traders
fxbomovi
dalemat
company looking for bitcoin traders
https://www.upwork.com/jobs/_~0112256582c72f9769/
Re: Closed by ladyF(f): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
mdoub:

But skrill rates are highest na. grin
Re: Closed by rozayx5(m): 9:52am On Sep 09, 2016
cool

Re: Closed by databoy247(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2016
rozayx5:
cool

Thats a jackpot client. If you can land this client, its usually gonna be a long term contract.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
ladyF:

But skrill rates are highest na. grin
But how does skrill work? enlighten me please. regstration as a nigerian, linking upwork to it, withdrawal duration, their verification, et al. No vex abeg
Re: Closed by Onelovetayz(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
But how does skrill work? enlighten me please. regstration as a nigerian, linking upwork to it, withdrawal duration, their verification, et al. No vex abeg[/quote]

Please, how did you go about creating your profile on upwork using different pix? I mean using female pix downloaded on the net, because I have been trying to create an account, but the female pix that I downloaded is not attaching on their page.

Thank you.
Re: Closed by Kingzy4pep(m): 1:00pm On Sep 09, 2016
databoy247:

Thats a jackpot client. If you can land this client, its usually gonna be a long term contract.
I am a newbie and this is the problem I'm having.

We’ve reviewed your profile and currently our marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise.

If you have more relevant skills or experience to add, you can update and re-submit your profile. You can find more information regarding our decision here.
Re: Closed by ladyF(f): 5:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
MULLAH123:

But how does skrill work? enlighten me please. regstration as a nigerian, linking upwork to it, withdrawal duration, their verification, et al. No vex abeg

You can follow the link on my profile to create an account. Skrill accepts Nigerians, use your full names and upload an ID for verification. You can use the account without verification for a limited time. When your cumulative transactions reach over $2,000+ or so, it will be compulsory for you to verify your Skrill account. I will advise to just verify once you open it. No point waiting.

When your account has been created, you choose skrill as your withdrawal method on Upwork/Freelancer. Your Skrill ID is your email. Everything should be pretty straightforward from then on. You can let me know if you have any issues.

On the withdrawal duration, I'm not too sure, it'll be the same as withdrawing through payoneer and paypal.

Skrill gives the highest exchange rates for now. You're welcome! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Closed by mostHandsome01: 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
mdoub:

You will hear from upwork sharply, make sure your name tallies on the tax form and payment method. If not your money go hang and you will need to identify yourself to customer support with national Id.
thanks alot for the info!!
Re: Closed by Emmyk(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
databoy247:

Lol. His antics was not clear. He said he was "recruiting" lots of Nigerians for the job, and we all need to fill our details on that website. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jim Ovia: Contributing To The Changing African Narrative / Gtbank Token / Business Name Vs Limited Company - Which Should You Register?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.