Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

How To Get To The Top In Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Get To The Top In Your Career (8777 Views)

` / Start Building Your Career With This. / Improve Your Career Opportunity Today!!! See Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get To The Top In Your Career by VirtueDigest: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
While for some, making definite exponential progress in their careers may be an assiduous task, it doesn’t have to be the one thing that defines your journey to the peak of your career. There are many who see career success as a destination, but what they need to begin to understand is that the journey in itself can be full of many successes. There are however, a few things you need to critically look into if you are to enjoy this type of success in your career.

Know your passion

It is very difficult to be outstanding in an endeavour or field you are struggling with or that you hate. This is because doing that thing does not ignite your passion, and once there is no passion; there is no energy or drive to push you to do your best. It is therefore important to know what you are passionate about because that is where you will likely thrive. Irrespective of people’s opinions or reactions find your passion and pursue it.

Be daring

It is very easy to settle for the familiar and stay in a routine or in the comfort of job security and regular payment. While job security is good, this may however be a hindrance to career growth. It is better to get out into the ‘unknown’ rather than stay in a cycle or comfort zone that doesn’t guarantee a bright future; don’t let temporary comfort or present perks keep you from developing your career. Try out something new, don’t be afraid of taking risks; don’t be afraid of quitting your nice job to go for one that will afford you better experience, career exposure, growth and fulfilment.

Tap into your unique talents and skills

You need to discover your natural talents and skills; these are things you are naturally gifted at and can do without struggling. When you know them you can plough your energy and resources into them to excel in life. For example, you may be someone that is naturally good with numbers or figures that may be an indication that you will make a good accountant.

Get resources

Dedicate time, at least 30 minutes daily, to learning new things about your career. Get materials and resources to educate you about the career path you are towing. You will be amazed at how much improvement you will make if you do this for a month. Also, get resources to motivate and inspire you.

Take it step by step

Climbing up a hill requires you take a step at a time, you can hardly run up a mountain. The same way, getting to the peak of your career requires process, you won’t get there overnight, but with diligence and patience you will surely get there. As you apply yourself to building your career with hard-work, you will surely get to the top.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by pxjosh(m): 6:45am On Sep 11, 2016
Try out something new, don’t be afraid of taking risks; don’t be afraid of quitting your nice job to go for one that will afford you better experience, career exposure, growth and fulfilment.

Thank you op.
Also be diligent,
Be proactive.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by weblord1900: 6:45am On Sep 11, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by lonelydora: 6:46am On Sep 11, 2016
I don't envy people who are on top of the ladder, remember someone owns that ladder. I channel my energy into owning a ladder.

5 Likes

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by kingofthejungle(m): 6:47am On Sep 11, 2016
I have nothing to say

space for sale
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 11, 2016
See let's call a spade by its Nigerian name , IMHO there are 3 important ways :
> Work hard. Bible says " do you see a hardworking and diligent man? He would stand before kings and not ordinary men "
Henry Longfellow said : "The heights by which great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upwards in the night. "
> God's Favour : Bible says "except the Lord builds the house, the builder labours invain ".
> Connection : I don't need to quote Bible for this one, everyone is a living witness grin
Happy Sunday all

3 Likes

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by omoadeleye(m): 6:48am On Sep 11, 2016
Uhm.
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by vicuto(m): 6:49am On Sep 11, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by Bashirfuntua(m): 6:51am On Sep 11, 2016
I JUST COME HERE TO DO NOTHING. BUT NOW EVEN YOU THAT IS READING THIS WILL NOW REALIZED THAT YOU JUST WASTE YOUR TIME OVER NOTHING.
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by D34lw4p(m): 7:02am On Sep 11, 2016
Nice One.
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by DICKtator: 7:03am On Sep 11, 2016
Read 48 laws of powers, mafia manager and the art of war

Then practise what you've read!!!!

If you are a woman, just be a cheerful giver!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by EdoBoy90(m): 7:09am On Sep 11, 2016
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin
. pls DICKtator, what is the name of the authors of Mafia Manager and the art of war?
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by Novaworld(m): 7:10am On Sep 11, 2016
Happy Sunday.
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by obajoey(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2016
Be daring
It is very easy to settle for the familiar and stay in a routine or in
the comfort of job security and regular payment. While job security
is good, this may however be a hindrance to career growth. It is
better to get out into the ‘unknown’ rather than stay in a cycle or
comfort zone that doesn’t guarantee a bright future; don’t let
temporary comfort or present perks keep you from developing your
career. Try out something new, don’t be afraid of taking risks; don’t
be afraid of quitting your nice job to go for one that will afford you
better experience, career exposure, growth and fulfilment.

So true.

3 Likes

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by DICKtator: 7:13am On Sep 11, 2016
EdoBoy90:
. pls DICKtator, what is the name of the authors of Mafia Manager and the art of war?

Lool
Mr. V.

Sun Tzu or

Bone Thugs N Harmony

grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by Phiniter(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2016
lonelydora:
I don't envy people who are on top of the ladder, remember someone owns that ladder. I channel my energy into owning a ladder.

Ngwanu Come let us follow the Ladder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5zrHh7Rm4

1 Like

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by temmypotter(m): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2016
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin
Guy you've hit the nail on the "brain", one more notable addition to that list is the prayer of Jabez... mafia manager is crazyyyyyyy. I was wowed. I don't know about the women tho, just be an avid reader of Joyce meyer's.

1 Like

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by EdoBoy90(m): 7:50am On Sep 11, 2016
DICKtator:

Lool
Mr. V.

Sun Tzu or

Bone Thugs N Harmony

grin grin grin grin
. please separate them. which is for Mafia... and the art of war.
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by logadims: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2016
nice one. But remember without God, all you do is useless. So involve God.

1 Like

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by luckyz4rea(m): 8:17am On Sep 11, 2016
logadims:
nice one. But remember without God, all you do is useless. So involve God.

Good point! I think God owns us so we don't choose or make suggestions or recommendations, we just simply follow His commands! We have been bought at a price!
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by ojnnaco(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2016
lonelydora:
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by teamfrabidel: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2016
Thanks OP.
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by Thobiy(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2016
Nice info
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by FLOURICON: 11:26am On Sep 11, 2016
Please can someone email copy of Mafia Manager to me, I couldn't find English version of it on 4shared. my email address is flourishjoh@yahoo.com.
Thank you.
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by queenDD(f): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nice info..
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by lonelydora: 6:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Phiniter:

Lol
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by VampireeM(f): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
Phiniter:

Lwkmd!! Dude you just cracked me up and made my day with this epic reply! I didnt open the link but my instincts tells me its one old christian song the intro starts with "ladder ladder ladder ladder oh" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by Omike85(m): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
DICKtator:

grin grin grin grin
please I have been trying to download the mafia manager all to no avail. do you have the PDF or hard copy pls?
Re: How To Get To The Top In Your Career by richyluvu(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2016
hello, I need ur help concerning something

(1) (Reply)

How To Feel Less Tired After A Day's Work / Setting Up Your Own Soap Production Factory Cost Effectively / Top 10 Highest Paying Careers For Nurses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.