Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Fulani Herdsmen, Are More Deadly Than We Thought - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen, Are More Deadly Than We Thought (376 Views)

APC More Deadly Than PDP - PRP / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do / Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen, Are More Deadly Than We Thought by mekaboy(m): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2016
You might see the Fulani herdsmen as just some cattle rearerers who just carry guns and kill people if challenged or provoked . However this is not so, they have a wide network across Africa. Their attacks are funded from this wide network around the world.

Most Nigerians don't know this, but I guess the presidents knows this.

I was watching channels TV and they were interviewing a leader of EX-MILITANTS in venue state, who is investigated for the assassination of a governors aid. They aid was said to have named the EX-MILITANTS leader as the one behind his death while he was rushed to the hospital.

He narrated how he was approached by the Fulani herdsmen to partner with them to take over parts of some states. They took him to various countries in Africa where he met various leaders before he was brought back to Nigeria.

I can't recall the state they state they planned to attack and wanted him to partner with them. He charged 1 billion naira, they said it was too much and offered 50 million. He refused and they later offered 350 million naira . He later asked for 750 million.

The interesting thing to note is that, he said he asked for that much because there was heavy military presence in the area so he would need money to settle the military and other security agencies before they carry out the attack so they won't interfere in the attack.

So I began to think about the attack in Enugu, where the state government had prior information about the attack, invited and mobilised various security agencies and yet the attack was still successful.

Could it be the the security agencies were offered more money than the state and they turned a blind eye?

Could this Fulani herdsmen also have influence at the federal level?

How come the over 40 Villagers in Enugu that tried to challenge the herdsmen were all arrested by the army, but an attack could not be prevented with prior information and mobilisation?

This Fulani herdsmen issue is bigger than we thought.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Are More Deadly Than We Thought by ComrdDRS: 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
My brother if foolanis herdsmen could crush Benue the way they did I give up. Benue is the only state I believe can stand any fight with out the aid of security agency. Forget MEND they got alots of machines but Benue got mind. Their problem is machinery.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Are More Deadly Than We Thought by MrCounselor: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
Really deadly, as skinny as the look.
Many conspiracy theories will surface from this interview, sensible or insensible.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen, Are More Deadly Than We Thought by mekaboy(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
I think the heads of the security agencies in Enugu during that attack should be investigated. Their bank accounts should be investigated.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

6 Grave Non-security Issues That Need Urgent Attention Of Mr. President / Buhari Lambasts Nigerians, Says Change Isn’t About Economic Progress / #changebeginswithme: FG Spends N5bn On Presidential Fleet In 15 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.