Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State (2907 Views)

Nigerians Storm The Nigerian Embassy In UK, Protest Deplorable State (Video) / Lagos Commences Mechanized Sweeping Of Roads At Night (photos) / List Of Roads To Be Constructed In 2017 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by broz: 12:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
There seems to be a total neglect by the government of rivers state (from last administration to present) on the deplorable state of these roads, they have been series of broadcast about these on radio and TV stations in the state yet nothing seems to be done. The residents of Oyigbo go through so much stress on these roads, there are absolutely no good roads in and out of the area, all the access road leading to the express are just very bad, motorist literally swim these roads with their vehicle. From location road to incarnate to umuebulu I & II, location 15, Atata even up to nkwere ngwor, chocota, chococho (forgive my spellings). These roads have been like this for up to 5 years. The government should try and make move toward these roads, the residents are tax payers too and should not be ignored.

Mods should please help move to the front page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veE98EPmpYM

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
As an indigene of oyigbo,i think this ikwerre lead state government has neglected ndoki land,its really crazy.how can igbos be wicked to their fellow igbos? Peter odili regime was better,maybe omehia celestine would have saved us

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Op do you know that our lga oyigbo is the second highest oil producing lga in rivers after ONELGA,and we host shell SPDC and afam power plant in oyigbo. Oyigbo town(obigbo) is part of G-port harcourt

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
lalasticlala abeg help show nigerians the state of port harcourt roads at oyigbo axis
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by kenny987(f): 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
Road network generally in PH has made me really dislike the town. I understand there has been some improvement in recent times but there's still way too much left to be desired considering the wealth and strategic importance of the state. Again, this is why I strongly advocate devolution of powers and responsibilities to regions so that governance is outlined like a road map/blueprint and better synergy is deployed to ensure that laid down targets are met with tighter monitoring and sanctions in the event of default. Currently, the FG and State structure is way to isolated from the people...
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Igboid: 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Igboid: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
Oyigbo LGA produce lots of crude oil, yet has been abandoned by Rivers state government to rot.

All Rivers governors do is develop Obio Akpor LGA more and More, even though Oyiigbo produce enormous quantities of crude oil, she hardly benefits from it.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by attackgat: 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
joeprince23:
As an indigene of oyigbo,i think this ikwerre lead state government has neglected ndoki land,its really crazy.how can igbos be wicked to their fellow igbos? Peter odili regime was better,maybe omehia celestine would have saved us

True federalism and resource control would have really favoured this part of Igbo land.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Igboid: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
joeprince23:
Op do you know that our lga oyigbo is the second highest oil producing lga in rivers after ONELGA,and we host shell SPDC and afam power plant in oyigbo. Oyigbo town(obigbo) is part of G-port harcourt

It's a pity. Every thing is siphoned to develop Obio Akpor, while Oyigbo suffers in neglect.

Tommorow, the Ikwerres will start singing about how Ndiigbo marginalized them. But what is going on in Oyigbo right now is bad.

Oyigbo has like 30 crude oil wells and produce up to 22,000bopd yet has nothing to show for it.

This is similar to the same cries of Ohaji/ Egbema people in Imo state, where everything seem to be concentrated in Owerre for the Orattas, while Ohaji/ Egbema region that earns Imo some money from it's crude oil, is grossly neglected.

This true federalism we are speaking of is not just about Abuja, but it must reach the grassroots. The natives of the lands must control their resources at village and even individual level and not at state level.

This is the way to go.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Tokt: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
joeprince23:

Are u ok? Ikwerres aren't ibos. Get that into ur skull and ask Ikpeazu to help u out. Oyigbo is currently not in developmental plans of Rivers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by franchizy(m): 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
We oyigbos are not igbos. We are ikwerres as ikeerres are not igbos too.

In the olden days our fore fathets who left ikwerre land settled down in the then obigbo and came up to become indigenes of the area.

This was the major reasons the name was changed from obigbo to oyigbo.

I am so sad that our fellow ikwerre brothers have abandoned our roads inspite of the fact that oyigbo is the highest oil producing LGA in the south south.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Igboid: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

Are u ok? Ikwerres aren't ibos. Get that into ur skull and ask Ikpeazu to help u out. Oyigbo is currently not in developmental plans of Rivers.

You must be mad. Does the derivation fund from Oyigbo 22,000bpod supply of crude oil go to Abia state government?

How much crude oil does the entire Ikwerre 3 LGAs contribute to Rivers state derivation formula that everything seem to be built in Ikwerreland in Rivers state?
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Tokt: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
Igboid:

You must be mad. Does the derivation fund from Oyigbo 22,000bpod supply of crude oil go to Abia state government?

How much crude oil does the entire Ikwerre 3 LGAs contribute to Rivers state derivation formula that everything seem to be built in Ikwerreland in Rivers state?

Many of u lot loiter around there and go to aba everyday for ur daily bread. You daily import the dirty culture of aba into oyigbo. relocate to aba fully where Ikpeazu is developing, oyigbo is currently not in our plans for now in Rivers.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Igboid: 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
franchizy:

In the olden days our fore fathets who left ikwerre land settled down in the then obigbo and came up to become indigenes of the area.

I am so sad that our fellow ikwerre brothers have abandoned our roads inspite of the fact that oyigbo is the highest oil producing LGA in the south south.

There is no Igbo clan called Oyigbo/ Obigbo

Oyigbo is just the name of a local government. The inhabitants of Oyigbo LGA are members of Asa and Ndoki tribes of Igbo ethnic group. The majority of Asa and Ndoki people are in Ukwa West and Ukwa East LGAs of Abia state respectively.

Ikwerres are no brothers to Asa and Ndoki people. The most related Igbo group to Asa and Ndoki are the Ngwa people and not Ikwerre.

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Igboid: 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

Many of u lot loiter around there and go to aba everyday for ur daily bread. You daily import the dirty culture of aba into oyigbo. relocate to aba fully where Ikpeazu is developing, oyigbo is currently not in our plans for now in Rivers.

You are senseless, as to be expected from an Afonja. I don't blame you, I blame those who carved Obigbo out from Aba division into Rivers state just to exploit the people's oil wealth for their wicked and selfish purposes.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Tokt: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
Igboid:

You are senseless. I don't blame you, I blame those who carved Obigbo out from Aba division into Rivers state just to exploit the people's oil wealth for their wicked and selfish purposes.

U dirty thing, Relocate to Aba or

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Abagworo(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
broz:
There seems to be a total neglect by the government of rivers state (from last administration to present) on the deplorable state of these roads, they have been series of broadcast about these on radio and TV stations in the state yet nothing seems to be done. The residents of Oyigbo go through so much stress on these roads, there are absolutely no good roads in and out of the area, all the access road leading to the express are just very bad, motorist literally swim these roads with their vehicle. From location road to incarnate to umuebulu I & II, location 15, Atata even up to nkwere ngwor, chocota, chococho (forgive my spellings). These roads have been like this for up to 5 years. The government should try and make move toward these roads, the residents are tax payers too and should not be ignored.

Mods should please help move to the front page

Many of the places like Umuebulu, Ikwerre Ngwor, Chokota etc are in Etche not Oyigbo.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Abagworo(m): 3:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
Igboid:
Oyigbo LGA produce lots of crude oil, yet has been abandoned by Rivers state government to rot.

All Rivers governors do is develop Obio Akpor LGA more and More, even though Oyiigbo produce enormous quantities of crude oil, she hardly benefits from it.

Amaechi moved development from Oyigbo to Igwuruta his home area and Wike today is perambulating around Obio/Akpor
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Igboid: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Amaechi moved development from Oyigbo to Igwuruta his home area and Wike today is perambulating around Obio/Akpor

Thought Amaechi is from Ubima and not Igwuruta.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Noneroone(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

afonja has landed like a vulture on an igbo thread while hausas are taking over lagos, the only city in yorubaland.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by broz: 4:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
I recorded a video too but I have been unable to post it.

These roads are really bad, I can't believe they won't be a good access road leading to a community.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by broz: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
I recorded a video, even after compressing I have been unable to upload it.

These roads are really bad, I can't believe they won't be a good access road leading to a community. It's as if there's no road leading to the community.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Abagworo(m): 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
Igboid:

Thought Amaechi is from Ubima and not Igwuruta.
Ubima and Igwuruta are in Ikwerre LGA which covers Isiokpo, Aluu, Elele etc.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Ikechukwu48: 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
Igboid:

Oyigbo is just the name of a local government. The inhabitants of Oyigbo LGA are members of Asa and Ndoki tribes of Igbo ethnic group. The majority of Asa and Ndoki people are in Ukwa West and Ukwa East LGAs of Abia state respectively.

Ikwerres are no brothers to Asa and Ndoki people. The most related Igbo group to Asa and Ndoki are the Ngwa people and not Ikwerre.

You know the guy you replied to was joking right? He was being sarcastic. Idk why cause it didn't even got into the topic/anything regarding oyigbo ppl.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Ikechukwu48: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
joeprince23:

Ikwerre are not igbo. Bike stop insulting igbo.
But what we are seeing shows Ikwerre are wicked lots whom do what they accuse others of doing.

The hen that lays the fattest golden egg does not get food but the hen with small egg packs all the food for themselves. Each day I see why oyigbo ppl wants out of rivers state. They were forcefully put in river and the Ikwerre like vampires are milking them dry. Tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

the problem with some of you is that you know nothing and yet you think you know all,what is ikwerre within rivers state contest? Isiokpo has grown to include areas that was initially not under ikwerre,hence places like iriebe where initially under our control. DUDE just STFU you kow nothing
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by Rejoice9111(m): 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pdp and wike shud fix d road for them
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
franchizy:

i dont know why people like you keep spaming every usefull tread with jargons... FYI 90% of oyigbo people are ndoki (umu asa) thats what we are and will always be, and mind you onelga is the highest oil producing lga in nigeria not oyigbo. Non rivers people like you are the reason i hate commentiing on topics like this
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Igboid:

my brother dont mind those clowns,some of this clowns have never been to rivers state
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by kutchs: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2016
franchizy:

As one born and buttered in Obigbo (the real name of the town), I can tell you you are not telling the truth. Obigbo has always been a part of the Asa division of the Ukwa Ngwa clan of Igbo. Even the Catholic Church recognizes this and that's why All Saints Parish with its outstations at Obeama, Obete, Okohia etc. are in the Diocese of Aba instead of that of Port-Harcourt.
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

Ikwerre are not igbo. Bike stop insulting igbo.
But what we are seeing shows Ikwerre are wicked lots whom do what they accuse others of doing.

The hen that lays the fattest golden egg does not get food but the hen with small egg packs all the food for themselves. Each day I see why oyigbo ppl wants out of rivers state. They were forcefully put in river and the Ikwerre like vampires are milking them dry. Tufiakwa
my brother this issue of ikwerre being igbo or not is highly politiced,do you know that both the ijaw(okrika),kalabaris and the ogonis consider ikwerre as igbo. This reminds me of my first interview at NDDC towers in PH,i was accused of being ikwerre hence i am seen as igbo whether i am from any of this ND states (rivers,imo,delta,abia) once you are igboid u ar regarded as igbo. And believe me this prejudice still exists among rivers people
Re: Deplorable State Of Roads In Oyigbo, River State by joeprince23(m): 6:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
Abagworo:

Many of the places like Umuebulu, Ikwerre Ngwor, Chokota etc are in Etche not Oyigbo.
you are right they are in etche lga,but mind you etche and omuma are the most marginalised local governments in rivers even the eze of etche dey go round radio stations in PH crying foul upon say etche is the food basket of rivers state

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Return Of Traffic Lights In Port Harcourt Metropolis / Apc Sharing #10,000 Each In Osogbo (pics) / PROFILE: Meet Babajide Sanwo-olu, Lagos APC Guber csndidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.