Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC (23926 Views)

Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats / Lagos LG Election: Police Arrest Five Fake Party Agents / INEC To Postpone Edo Election For 3 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Nten: 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
Boko Haram Attack in Edo State?

Interesting.

Hope this is not a political ploy, by the remaining of the PDP Loyalists in the DSS and NPF to postpone an election that the APC has wrapped up already?Anthony Anenih the Criminal, was a Top Policeman, and i know he still maintains his contacts in the NPF.

At the end of the day, Adams Oshiohmole is the Chief Security Officer of The State, and if he does not find the report credible, he should go ahead with the election.

APC has Edo State already.

Guy why are you talking upside down, is it the opposition that is in control of the DSS and NPF

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by july66: 4:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:

Interesting.

Hope this is not a political ploy, by the remaining of the PDP Loyalists in the DSS and NPF to postpone an election that the APC has wrapped up already?Anthony Anenih the Criminal, was a Top Policeman, and i know he still maintains his contacts in the NPF.

At the end of the day, Adams Oshiohmole is the Chief Security Officer of The State, and if he does not find the report credible, he should go ahead with the election.

Can you hear yourself? When issues like this comes up, is it not the ruling party that is the first suspect? Have you forgotten so soon that Chris Ezike, the police commissioner was redeployed few days ago & now a call is being made for postponement of the elections after some of non sensitive materials have been circulated. I wonder how people like you allow all your thoughts to be clouded by partisan considerations.

4 Likes

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by tuniski: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Angelb4:
I'm from Edo, and I'm presently in Edo. Look, there is tension everywhere right now. I wonder if voters will even come out to vote. PDP should not turn Edo to Rivers o. We are peace-loving people.
Only riggers will be afraid! The people have made up their minds to vote out apc as a clear message to buhari!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by PatrickAnyanwu(m): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
APC is afraid of the bashing they gonna get. I dey laf.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by ukemeramat(m): 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:

Interesting.

u lucky say u no dey close to me! i for chop better slap wey for make u begin dey search for ur ear for ground

3 Likes

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by 4nobody4every1: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:

Interesting.

grin grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Amah70: 4:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
DSS and Police department hijacked by new Arewa APC.

2 Likes

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by tiwiex(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dannyset:
Are people drunk in Dasuki's urine? Why can't you guys just do your job and protect the people?

10th is different from 12th and 13th, so the election must hold. Stop putting tension on us.

I noticed the date too. Lol. When people start packaging liesz they leave questionable holes.

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by july66: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
ExAngel007:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/07/breaking-dss-police-advise-inec-postpone-edo-election/
We are missing something here o. I didn't see jagaban, Bola Tinubu during the APC campaign grand finale yesterday o. Very unlike him, learnt body fail small. Na wa o. Na God get power o.

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by George2016(m): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Security officers should do their work if the news is from the credible source to protect life and properties.

Much money have been putting for this election and it should not be cancelled.

If any party discovered that they will lose the election, they should stop using silly excuse to postpone the election or to create fear to the people.

This election will show the central government that Nigerians have opened their ayes. Masses and social media will decide the faith of all the elections now in Nigeria.

Nigerians are not smiling.
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by musa7m(m): 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lol....APC at work.......
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by ceeethru(m): 4:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Talks are indeed very cheap but governance very expensive. When President Goodluck Jonathan postponed the General Election, that involves the entire Nation because of security reasons imposed by the Islamic Muslims terrorist, Boko Haram. APC said he was afraid to conduct election. Just one State, with all the security apparatus in Nigeria, they're calling for postponement of election in just one State because of security threats. Thank goodness, we now have a general as a president. Will the Abokis, Almajaris and APC apologists also called him a weak president? Only truth and justice build a great Nation. Shame of a party.

3 Likes

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Fargbaba: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
JONATHAN SPEAKS OUT...

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan-
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.
Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again. I also inherited a country where illiteracy rate particularly in the Northern part was alarming. I handed over a country where every state in the North and indeed all the states had a Federal University. I inherited a country where there was total infrastructural decay in all the unity schools and colleges of education. But I handed over a country with massive infrastructural improvement in almost higher institutions. I inherited a country where agricultural inputs and production were almost zero. But I handed over a country where a bag of rice was sold for N6,500 to N7000. My regime since the establishment of ecological fund office did more irrigation dams in the North and other parts of the country than other subsequent administrations put together. I inherited epileptic fuel supplies resulting to endless queues at the filling stations. I maintained despite enormous challenges of fuel subsidies and handed over a relatively stable fuel regime.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.
In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
The former President further stated " I inherited a country where people were almost losing hope on the credibility of its electoral process but I noticed that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process. I handed over electoral process that engendered fairness in its conduct and conclusiveness ".
He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.
“The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.
Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.
That is where the leadership question comes into play.
As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.
How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?
With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.
Indeed, we sailed through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it. We sailed through because I maintained and still believe that my personal ambition, interest is not worth the blood of any single Nigerian.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.
Pls circulate it for them to know. The deceit is getting too much

3 Likes

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by eyeview: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
At what point will it be clear to this generation that Buhari is cursed and anything he oversees gets ruined

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by tammie24: 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:

Interesting.

so you know APC have pushed out all the officers that they think are opposition

And you think that is right

2 Likes

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Bizibi(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
APC will come back....people will go fr PDP but PDP won't win at all,that short man is ready to die to make sure they come back fr the 3rd term....
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by kenchylala: 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:

Interesting.

Oga u dey on this light spirit??
Na Adams go talk whn elections go hold or not?? Abeg I wan vote
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Nobody: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nothing can stop us from changing the change. Postpone gi ni Kai make I hear word angry

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Bizibi(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
ceeethru:
Talks are indeed very cheap but governance very expensive. When President Goodluck Jonathan postponed the General Election, that involves the entire Nation because of security reasons imposed by the Islamic Muslims terrorist, Boko Haram. APC said he was afraid to conduct election. Just one State, with all the security apparatus in Nigeria, they're calling for postponement of election in just one State because of security threats. Thank goodness, we now have a general as a president. Will the Abokis, Almajaris and APC apologists also called him a weak president? Only truth and justice build a great Nation. Shame of a party.
hahaha....just one!!! State

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by codedguy1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
I fear for 2019.

Except God intervenes.

All of a sudden there is threat enough to postpone an election in a state that had been hitherto as peaceful as any peaceful state in Nigeria.

We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by emajoe: 5:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
Let INEC also appeal to NPF and DSS to ensure the protection of those populated areas during the same period because these agencies are entrusted with that.
Hian?
Why feign ignorance of your call to duty?
Pls standby within this important period.
May God bless our NPF and DSS, amen.
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by tnktosin(m): 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
This is funny. I heard about plans by APC to postpone the election about two weeks ago and today its already in the news....
Well played. APC is scared for real.

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by progress69: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
hUmaneOne:
see why nigeria is fvcked. instead of fishing out the culprits and doing their work,they bring up excuses..
useless people

How many culprits did ur hero fish out when they postponed the presidential election by 6 weeksm
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by shuggah(m): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:

Interesting.

so pdp now controls the police force and dss right? ur stupidity is like a vowel, it's in every sentence u make.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by progress69: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
codedguy1:
I fear for 2019.

Except God intervenes.

All of a sudden there is threat enough to postpone an election in a state that had been hitherto as peaceful as any peaceful state in Nigeria.

We are watching.

But the postment of 2015 elections by 6 weeks was beautiful for u guys. Karma cheesy
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Bethelwealthy(m): 5:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
they sense a defeat grin ..........better face it now undecided
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by Oyoyo190: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
if not they will hear another inclusive like kogi state and others
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by codedguy1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
progress69:

But the postment of 2015 elections by 6 weeks was beautiful for u guys. Karma cheesy

There was clear and present danger at that time but what exactly is the threat in Edo state all of a sudden.

Is it Boko Haram, Isis, avengers, armed robbers, rituals, kidnappers or apc are scared of there own shadow.

Buhari, oshiomhole and shaky shaky Obaseki is enough to make apc lose the elections. That combination is a disaster waiting to happen and they just smelt it hence the postponement. I have not even mentioned inconclusive national electoral commission.

And for your info Jonathan dissapointed the nation but Buhari is an embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by cyrilamx(m): 5:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
Edo is and never part of ur dream 5percent...to hell with the locust years of PDP..even the royal house is dispose towards Obaseki...we won't go back to Egypt for that what PDP personify.
blueto:
Edo voters will be silly to vote APC after Buhari have referred to them as 5% both in words and in actions.
Re: Postpone Edo Election - Police, DSS Advise INEC by progress69: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
codedguy1:

There was clear and present danger at that time but what exactly is the threat in Edo state all of a sudden.

Is it Boko Haram, Isis, avengers, armed robbers, rituals, kidnappers or apc are scared of there own shadow.

Buhari, oshiomhole and shaky shaky Obaseki is enough to make apc lose the elections. That combination is a disaster waiting to happen and they just smelt it hence the postponement. I have not even mentioned inconclusive national electoral commission.

Hahahaha. What was the danger that was not there for 5 years that suddenly became there when it was obvious APC had gained much momentum. Keep.living in sf deceit. The Police and DSS have made their intelligence report known, don't sit at the comfort of ur hurt and claim what u don't know. Besides u are not from Edo, Edo is my state. God forbid we bring Igbins influence back to Edo, we all know how Edo was during the years of PDP. PDP back to Edo is gonna be a curse!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malami: I Can't Advice On Monetary Policy / Arrest, Prosecute Tinubu Immediately - PDP / Muric Commends Buhari For Declaring June 12 Democracy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.