Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,113 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (27400 Views)

PHOTOS: Dangote & MD, Nigerian Ports, HB Usman At Dangote Petrochemical Refinery / 20 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant / 21 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by suco01(m): 9:47am On Sep 08, 2016
blueseacats:
As long as it's healthy let's keep buying it he will improve to a better salt someday . No money for imports.

lol and dose salt mentioned are nt imported.

1 Like

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by suco01(m): 9:49am On Sep 08, 2016
blueseacats:
At least he's not shipping his money abroad.

he can do wateva he likes wit his money enough of monopoly, its wont help we d masses at large nt nw bt 2moro
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by suco01(m): 9:55am On Sep 08, 2016
iamrealdeji:
my guy,walahi you're right. I wanted to drink Garri some days ago and poured in Dangote sugar. I was just pouring it in and it wasn't sweet at all. I don't consume much sugar though o,but I poured it to the extent that I believed the Garri is probably of low quality cos I used to think all sugars are the same. Not until you emphasized it now that hi sugar tastes less sweet. Also,his spaghetti is of low quality,ive noticed that. It sticks to each other anyhow. But yet,i'd rather buy his products than buy imported products

i too no support imported product also bt he shd do more to his product. I luv dangote product cos its cheaper nd has foresight to nigerian market.

1 Like

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by fendorf(m): 9:58am On Sep 08, 2016
Nice one
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Greenbuoy(m): 10:00am On Sep 08, 2016
N o n s e n s e

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by danduchi(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2016
honeychild:
Please o, was Dangote given an exclusive license to build refineries? Why is no other Nigerian doing so? I know we have other billionaires who can afford such a project.

Please pardon my ignorance, I am genuinely curious.
There are Nigerians with refinery in Nigeria but not s big as this... OP forgot to include the 4 refineries in Nigeria add together will not still match Dangote's in capacity
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by vinneyville(m): 10:05am On Sep 08, 2016
suco01:

and who tell u dangote single handedly coughed it out..
definitely he didn't, but before u can convince investors, u av to be up nd doing on ur own first.

1 Like

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by jude33084(m): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2016
[size=25pt]13. All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies[/size]

Nice one cool

3 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by chysam: 10:22am On Sep 08, 2016
ojmaroni247:
There are other companies building mostly modular refineries too. At various locations in Nigeria.

Name the locations otherwise your comment won't teach a thing.

1 Like

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 08, 2016
honeychild:
Please o, was Dangote given an exclusive license to build refineries? Why is no other Nigerian doing so? I know we have other billionaires who can afford such a project.

Please pardon my ignorance, I am genuinely curious.
Several licences had been given in the past but the beneficiaries failed to start because of different challenges.
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 08, 2016
suco01:

lol and dose salt mentioned are nt imported.
Even if it's imported , he leans toward manufacturing so I prefer his business model, if he makes cement here , one day he will figure out how to make it here too.

2 Likes

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by OgbeniSamm(m): 10:48am On Sep 08, 2016
This will sure create tens of thousands of employment for nigerians, either educated or otherwise. Now, it behooves more on me to graduate with d best grade. I rep Chem.Engr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by ajoo17(m): 11:20am On Sep 08, 2016
Govt is making everything to work for Dangote & Dangote is a capitalist to the core. Thanks for the article, he is going to generate his electricity to run the company. Guest what! you will think that will make the price to come down. I tell you, with Dangote, it will not. This man with all his business & his money, has he helped the poor for once, the answer is no. I love his intelligent but it will be better if he can crash the price. The article said the price will crash but with Dangote I can tell you that it will not. Dangote is only saying that the price will crash because he has not started producing, as soon as he starts production, the price will go up. Maybe you don't know that Dangote & other are behind the price they about to adjust to abt N200/li. Pls watch this man called Dangote. He is more of 'evil' than good, my opinion. Thanks.
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by Omonigeriarere: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
Love Machine:
Dangote is exploitative.

Any businessman is exploitative.

Are they to be blamed? No.

Why? They take bigger risk?

How? They invested their lives savings and even borrow from banks with interests to finance business even when success is not guarantee.

Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by dajebeedrys(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
No 3 is wrong. It is not located in EPE but IBEJU LEKKI
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by SortOut: 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
Number 19, I hope they won't get back at our fuel on the long run
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by mamaafrik(m): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
ojmaroni247:
There are other companies building mostly modular refineries too. At various locations in Nigeria.
woow,my broda can you name like 2 and their location please?
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by OfficialAwol(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2016
Love Machine:
Dangote is exploitative.

Every successful business man is.
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by lexyclasy: 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
seguun:
1. Over $4 billion worth of equipment currently sits on the site.
2. The project is slated to cost $14 billion (N2.8 trillion) of which Dangote is contributing $7 billion in equity.
3. The project site is larger than Victoria Island. It is located on 2135 hectares of land in Epe, Lagos near the Lekki Free Zone
4. It is the largest industrial complex in Africa
5. Work goes on, on the site, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
6. World Record 2.72 million accident free hours recorded on site, without a single lost time to injuries
7. It is the largest single train grass roots refinery in the world with a processing capacity of 650,000 BPSD
8. Dangote Group brought in the world’s #1, #2, and #5 sand dredgers to sand fill the site. 60% of the land being swampy. So far these dredgers have reclaimed 13 million m³ out of 30 million m³
9. During construction, the project will employ over 25,000 Nigerians
10. When this project comes online, Nigeria will save a minimum of $10 billion a year on imports
11. The Ammonia component of the plant will produce 2.8 million tonnes of Urea
12. Dangote is producing its own electricity to power the plant and by so doing is saving 75% costs. Dangote produces electricity at a rate that is significantly cheaper than the Federal Government. Dangote’s cost is $400,000/MW, while Federal Government is $2,000,000/MW
13. All the civil engineering is done by Nigerian companies
14. The plant has an export value of $6 billion per annum, meaning Dangote’s effort will increase the amount of foreign exchange in Nigeria’s foreign reserves by at least 40% of current value on a yearly basis
15. Dangote said when this project comes on line, his friend Femi Otedola will save at least N26 per litre on millions of litres of diesel and petrol which his companies import annually. This savings will be passed on to the consumers and it will take a lot of pressure off the banks
16. Billions of Naira were paid to acquire the land and to settle the existing communities. More money was also allocated and spent to relocate the existing communities
17. This project will restore the dignity of Nigeria, a crude producing country that has for years gone abroad to meet its demand for refined products
18. Refined products to be produced at the plant include but is not limited to propane, petrol, Jet Fuel, Diesel, Kerosene, Carbon Black, Polypropylene, Polyethylene
19. The United States Trade and Development Agency is supporting this project with $997 million.

Copied: from Nigerian Renaissance Youths
20. That Ibom Gas Company will supply gas to Dangote plant at Ibeju
21. That Dangote refinery will lay Gas pipe line from Ibom Gas Company Esit Eket at Sea bed to Dangote Refinery Ibeju-Lagos
Re: 19 Facts About Dangote’s Refinery And Petrochemical Plant by gemale(m): 1:37am On Sep 09, 2016
majekdom2:
and this is the only thing you can say undecided . This is a man creating employment, adding value to the economy. He may seem exploitative but that's business as it is for you.
Meanwhile if his pastor buys private jet, he wld b 1 of D 1st 2 shower encomiums on his 'daddy' & if possible even avail himself 2 lick d excreta dt comes out 4rm his pastor's anus. Som1 who employs numerous pple is tryn 2 solve our problem of petroleum products importation & stop wastage of foreign exchange, he's criticizing. My own b say make God continue 2 dey bless dangote. Make im make im money pass everybody 4 Forbes list. Infact make im money pass Rockefeller own. I'm dey try 4 us gan. Na pple lyk ds we need 2 boku make 9ja improve no be dem tithe-demanding, non-taxpaying, private jet - buying pple wey go dey always tlk say "pray 4 Nigeria". Abeg we need more action & less tlk 4 ds con3.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Azikel Refinery To Commence Operations In 2018 / CBN’s dollar restrictions killing our businesses, Nigerians cry out / Globacom Sued To Court By Davies Iyiegbu For N500 Million - Copyright Case (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.