Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,783 members, 7,824,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports (17439 Views)

Nigerian Airforce Deploys Fighter Jets To South East / Nigerian Airforce Deploys Air Assets To Support Operation Python Dance II.Photos / IG Deploys Special Forces To Flush Out Criminals From Arepo, Ibafo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Oblang(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:
grin
before it was
operation crocodile tear

now
‘Exercise Steel Dome’

grin

they keep on leaking all these thing that are suppose to be secret out to the public and to the media

and we all wonder why they are not making progress with defeating boko haram

Must u wail abt everything?
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by naptu2: 7:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Watched it on the NTA News. They scared quite a few passengers (especially because of the sound of gunshots).

1 Like

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
ireneony:
Thats y i love you Nze67... kiss

Babe i love u too.
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by ireneony(f): 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nze67:

Babe i love u too.
grin grin keep dreaming
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
ireneony:
grin grin keep dreaming

Bae y na?
We ar in d public o...
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by ireneony(f): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nze67:

Bae y na?
We ar in d public o...
you de sell phones cheesy grin
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
ireneony:

I'm fashion designer grin (tailor sad)....
Wt BSc grin but still hustling sad...
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Phonon: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
The nation's airports are already under attack from poor infrastructure. Who dey target una airport? Maybe herdsmen who want their cattle to graze on all the grass that has taken over the runways. angry

1 Like

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
ireneony:

Why d question
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by kenyatalk: 7:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Commando's abeg ohhhh...thats a lie
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by steeltu(m): 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
#changestartswithme
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
What of Car and bus parks?
Oh because big men dont patronize such eh
and the parks are the places where terrorists have hit undecided
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Phonon:
The nation's airports are already under attack from poor infrastructure. Who dey target una airport? Maybe herdsmen who want their cattle to graze on all the grass that has taken over the runways. angry

Hehehehehe
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
ireneony:
grin grin keep dreaming

Body dey sweet you shey undecided
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by obstead200(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
Fabulosdave01:
Some people will still complain
why won't we complain when an administration continually strives to beat their own record in dumbness? Is that the best thing for NAF to be doing right now? Have they effectively policed our pipelines from the skies? Have they effectively discovered and routed out BH?
Na airport maiguard they wan come start Abi? What is the job of civil defence and the police? What about equipping the airport security (which is already a full-fledged division in FAAN) with the required tools to do this job properly?

And u say we should not complain about the stupidity and lack of focus all over this administration

1 Like

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by tdayof(m): 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
obstead200:
why won't we complain when an administration continually strives to beat their own record in dumbness? Is that the best thing for NAF to be doing right now? Have they effectively policed our pipelines from the skies? Have they effectively discovered and routed out BH?
Na airport maiguard they wan come start Abi? What is the job of civil defence and the police? What about equipping the airport security (which is already a full-fledged division in FAAN) with the required tools to do this job properly?

And u say we should not complain about the stupidity and lack of focus all over this administration
What a dumb comment. Is that the job of a nation Airforce ?

2 Likes

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Fabulosdave01: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
obstead200:

I talk am
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by obstead200(m): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
tdayof:

What a dumb comment. Is that the job of a nation Airforce ?
the job of the armed forces, NAF included, is to defend the nation. Such included defending the economic interest of the nation in the face of threats.
Now, doing this job requires determining which threat has the greatest priority.
Answer me; is it more important to protect our airports from threats we are yet to see or is it more important to defend our economic interest against threats like the activities of the ND militants that is already crippling the economy? What about protecting our borders and the lives of our people from the insurgents of BH?
Which is more important? Do u not realise the strategic importance of NAF on threats such as these, which are already threatening the survival of this country?

And NAF, In their wisdom, thought it best to guard airports which presently face no significant threat, and even if it does, the magnitude of loss cannot be more than what these other threats have cost Nigeria so far.

Please use ur brain. U got it for a reason

1 Like

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Elbowroom: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:
grin
before it was
operation crocodile tear

now
‘Exercise Steel Dome’

grin

they keep on leaking all these thing that are suppose to be secret out to the public and to the media

It's not suppose to be a secret, dude don't you watch hollywood movies?
Even if you don't watch

During the Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq war on terrorism when American Military fight
You'll see code names like " operation desert storm ", "Operation black eagle ". ..etc

They call it " code names "

Just like you have Course names and Course codes in your Universities or Poly.

I guess have educated you enough
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Kgdavid(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:
grin
before it was
operation crocodile tear

now
‘Exercise Steel Dome’

grin

Who told you these are meant to be secret? To what end? In operation croc tears, the deployment of troops was massive and everyone in the area would have seen. In the same vein, the airforce are going to conduct several simulation exercises ate airports all over the country. They will be seen doing so by passengers and passers by.

now is it not wisdom to inform the public ahead of time rather than give room for rumors to spread and create fear? What do you think will happen when the public see armed men in operation at an airport, without realizing it is an exercise? Won't people panic adn run the risk of potentially getting hurt as a result?

There is a reason you are not a military man. Always remember that.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Elbowroom: 9:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:
grin
before it was
operation crocodile tear

now
‘Exercise Steel Dome’

grin

It's not suppose to be a secret, dude don't you watch hollywood movies?
Even if you don't watch

During the Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq war on terrorism when American Military fight
You'll see code names like " operation desert storm ", "Operation black eagle ". ..etc

They call it " code names "

Just like you have Course names and Course codes in your Universities or Poly.

I guess have educated you enough

plus you said the military are not making progress in terms of BH, bros which village do you reside

1 Like

Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Spidermon: 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
obstead200:
the job of the armed forces, NAF included, is to defend the nation. Such included defending the economic interest of the nation in the face of threats.
Now, doing this job requires determining which threat has the greatest priority.
Answer me; is it more important to protect our airports from threats we are yet to see or is it more important to defend our economic interest against threats like the activities of the ND militants that is already crippling the economy? What about protecting our borders and the lives of our people from the insurgents of BH?
Which is more important? Do u not realise the strategic importance of NAF on threats such as these, which are already threatening the survival of this country?

And NAF, In their wisdom, thought it best to guard airports which presently face no significant threat, and even if it does, the magnitude of loss cannot be more than what these other threats have cost Nigeria so far.

tdayof i have given you and obstead one like each. It is in your account. Now proceed to the next round of this verbal sparring. Go !!!
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Spidermon: 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon and elbowroom, una own sef don enter account, I just see the debit alert for the transfer on my phone now..
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Spidermon: 9:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
kgdavid you sef take your own. The transfer don enter.
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Elbowroom: 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Spidermon:
henrydadon and elbowroom, una own sef don enter account, I just see the debit alert for the transfer on my phone now..

?
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by tdayof(m): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
obstead200:

The job of the Airforce is to guide and defend our territory from aggression violating our airspace. The reason why Airforce are being used at airports are due to close combat rescue operations. The Nigerian army work include air recon for such instance. Those are not Airforce RECON.
I would have told you to go pick up your brain where you dropped it before typing that rubbish. However, I will be of a nice behavior.
Now tell me if the pipelines are being bombed from up. That's why other arms of the military operates UAV
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by Rick9(m): 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
Someone who understands the military jargonz should be kind enough to explain to me why the military use code names in their operations.
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by olumalcolm(m): 11:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
I dnt wnt it to sound lik I am hating but I suspect smtin is about to happen in dis country cos of all dis distribution of military personnel all ova d country @ strategic points. sad
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:23am On Sep 08, 2016
a tyrant will soon be born. army -operation crocodile smile airforce -operation steel dome navy -? ? ? ? police - vio -? ? ?
all forces will be forced to force us
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by VajanahDischaj(f): 12:25am On Sep 08, 2016
Rick9:
Someone who understands the military jargonz should be kind enough to explain to me why the military use code names in their operations.
so that a spy in their midst when caught will find it difficult to state most missions with facts and years.
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by obstead200(m): 7:24am On Sep 08, 2016
tdayof:

The job of the Airforce is to guide and defend our territory from aggression violating our airspace. The reason why Airforce are being used at airports are due to close combat rescue operations. The Nigerian army work include air recon for such instance. Those are not Airforce RECON.
I would have told you to go pick up your brain where you dropped it before typing that rubbish. However, I will be of a nice behavior.
Now tell me if the pipelines are being bombed from up. That's why other arms of the military operates UAV
u are seriously contradicting urself. What is air recon all about? Is it not equally important in pipeline monitoring? Is it not important in enemy surveillance? Maybe the army is theoretically responsible for their own air recon. But the NAF have set a precedent by doing similar jobs (or so they say) in the north east. So why can't they continue since the army seems to be I'll equipped to do so? Is protecting the airport from nonexistent threats now more important than assisting the army to defend our commonwealth?
I perceive u are either a NAF official or ur family member is. That is why u defend them with such blindness.
My point is simple: everything security and defence is important. But there are priorities. NAF should focus their resources on areas of key priority. For now, our airports are not one of such. They face no real and imminent threat
Re: AirForce Deploys Special Forces In Airports by tdayof(m): 7:29am On Sep 08, 2016
obstead200:
u are seriously contradicting urself. What is air recon all about? Is it not equally important in pipeline monitoring? Is it not important in enemy surveillance?
I perceive u are either a NAF official or ur family member is. That is why u defend them with such blindness.
My point is simple: everything security and defence is important. But there are priorities. NAF should focus their resources on areas of key priority. For now, our airports are not one of such. They face no real and imminent threat
Bro. Such work doesn't belong to a standard Airforce. It's the job of the army. Same way the united states navy sends out air recon. The job of the Airforce is air superiority and deliver, a standard Airforce is not to perform recon over oil pipelines. The army should operate UAV and then send in ground troops.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Ribadu Seeks To Dislodge Gov. Bindow In Adamawa / Ogun State Lifts Weekends Lockdown / Nigerian Govt Awards 57 Oilfields To 161 Bidders, Hides Identities Of Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.