Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? (741 Views)

Take Advantage Of APDA Platform; Party Youths Urge Nigeria Youths / Obiano’s Opponents Trying To Take Advantage Of His Weaknesses On Road Infrastr. / Christians Taking Advantage Of Suffering People Of North-east To Further Evangel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by iphoneboss: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
This is one question that I have always asked myself but today,it lingers in my mind over and over again.What really should I be patriotic about?what am I really gaining by being a Nigerian?? what manner of a country is this really?

I just brought in 2 cars from the US and i had to pay double the duty.I ask myself why? the dollar is high against the Naira but what has that got to do with our local customs office?why is it that everybody's increasing everything even when salaries of employees are being slashed here and there not to mention the ones who are being laid off?

What a country!

Dangote is the one supplying practically all the flour so why should the dollar rate also affect something as local as bread?? i can still afford it and it's not a problem for me but what about those who depend on bread to get through the day?the brick layers and those who can't afford to eat fancy foods?

We blame Buhari for everything.Fine! he has the bulk of the blame but what about the little things we can do individually to make life easy for one another? we blame the president but we are as bad as He is.People will increase prices of things that are done locally and say ' dollar is high ' seriously?? the other day,my wife wanted to buy meat and the price had skyrocketed! reason? dollar is high ( SMH ).Same with palm oil and pepper...na waooo!

I keep asking myself,what is the advantage of being a Nigerian? no light,no good roads,no jobs,bad salaries for the few jobs left,no job security,bad international image,disregarded passport,juju everywhere,bed belle everywhere,bad judicial system,bad academic system,no security,police is rubbish( I see no difference between them and thieves ),jungle justice,cultism on the high side,prostitution ( runs ) is now the norm( It was not this way barely 10 years ago ),fraud is everywhere and in practically everyone's hearts,heavy traffic due to unplanned road networks,TERRORISM ( How can we forget that ),Killings and robbery always on the rise!greed everywhere!!

I am ashamed of being called a Nigerian cos this country has not helped it's citizens in ANY WAY.The country does not create any relief but gives more trouble and hardship each year than it gave the previous year!

God help us oo.

Mods pls put this on the front page.Maybe it'll help start the change/revolution that we need to grow.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Topestbilly(m): 8:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
smiley
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Brymo: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
grin
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
You get to call someone ineffectual clueless zombie wailer for no just reason.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Khd95(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
The advantage of being a nigerian is that when u die,ure going straight to heaven,cos u alredy served in hell..just report to angel gabriel with the green/white/green flagsad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by mhizAnnie(f): 9:04pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nigerian jollof rice and dodo as u cannot see anything good grin tongue
On a more serious note, this is a growing nation my dear so we just need to hope and pray for good growth and development of the country and we all should also try to invest so we can grow on our own too. "Rome was not built in a day u know"
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by iphoneboss: 5:23am On Sep 08, 2016
My sister,at least when 'Rome' was growing,they had a direction.We have none and we keep losing our way more and more each year so when are we going to actually find our way not to mention about starting the actual journey?

mhizAnnie:
On a more serious note, this is a growing nation my dear so we just need to hope and pray for good growth and development of the country and we all should also try to invest so we can grow on our own too. "Rome was not built in a day u know"
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by iphoneboss: 5:25am On Sep 08, 2016
I don't get you man but no matter what you say,I'm sure you are bothered by at least 70% of all that I 'wailed' about.

victorels:
You get to call someone ineffectual clueless zombie wailer for no just reason.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by CriticMaestro: 5:36am On Sep 08, 2016
ßros ah no go lie u...ahnono ... U sef u sabi ask crazy question, na we chose Naija abi na papa God handiwork? But this naija e b like say the country get jazz bcux even if I travel go USA I still wanna come back #1 love
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by mhizAnnie(f): 7:01am On Sep 08, 2016
iphoneboss:

My sister,at least when 'Rome' was growing,they had a direction.We have none and we keep losing our way more and more each year so when are we going to actually find our way not to mention about starting the actual journey?

Vote out APC lol grin
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by sinkhole: 7:40am On Sep 08, 2016
hmmmm, dis guy can ask 1990 JAMB question!
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Pavore9: 7:48am On Sep 08, 2016
Q: What is the advantage of being a Nigerian?

A: You can attend a wedding reception and eat good food, go home with some souvenirs without even knowing who the groom or bride is! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by Funlordjnr: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2016
wink

For one, you will learn how to smile even in the midst of mega frustrations and suffering!
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by ndavengers: 8:31am On Sep 08, 2016
mhizAnnie:

your IQ must be below debility level of 50%..100 years plus the Zoo is not making progress rather digressing in all ramification of human's endeavour.i pity you, keep on hoping against hope. the Zoo aka Nigeria is dead.
Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by PentiumProf: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2016
Funlordjnr:
wink

For one, you will learn how to smile even in the midst of mega frustrations and suffering!
Your comment is the reason why you will forever remain miserable.
Instead of speaking up against your miserable condition you keep on smiling

1 Like

Re: What's The Advantage Of Being A Nigerian? by mhizAnnie(f): 1:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
Niger Delta Avengers:

your IQ must be below debility level of 50%..100 years plus the Zoo is not making progress rather digressing in all ramification of human's endeavour.i pity you, keep on hoping against hope. the Zoo aka Nigeria is dead.

Looking at both our comments it's just so obvious that u are the one with the low IQ....must u be insultive?? Can't you get ur point across without being an uncultured child? Anyway my dear I won't get angry with u. It's just not worth it

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov. El Rufai Visits Buhari In Daura / A Communique Issued By The Reps Of The Four Non Kalabari Kingdoms In Degema LGA / APC Will Be Voted Out In The Next Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.