Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,227 members, 7,957,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:11 PM

Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader (17392 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers Leader Threatens To Destroy Buhari Soonest! / Nigerian Army Captures Niger Delta Avengers’ Leader / Army Arrest Niger Delta Avengers Leader,4 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Abagworo(m): 11:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
The Nigeria army says it has arrested suspected leader of militant group, Niger Delta Avengers which is responsible for blowing up of oil pipelines in the Niger Delta region.

Daily Post quotes a statement by acting director of army public relations, Col. Sani Usman Kukasheka as saying that troops of 13 Brigade Nigerian Army arrested a suspected leader of the Niger Delta Avengers, Isaac Romeo, popularly known as “G2”.

He was arrested alongside two other people named Lawson Samson and Iyang Ekpo (an elderly man) in Calabar, Cross River state while driving in a vehicle on Saturday, September 3.

The statement said the army carried out the arrest in conjunction with the navy, air force and secret agents of the Defence Intelligence Agency.

“The arrest followed painstaking efforts and tracking of the militant who was in the state to perpetrate further criminal activities of sabotaging critical infrastructures. All the suspects are currently being interrogated,” the statement said.

In a related event, Usman announced that the troops of 4 Brigade Nigerian Army have arrested a suspected militant called Gabriel Ogbudje who is allegedly responsible for the destruction of NPDC/Shoreline major delivery trunk line within Ogo-Oteri general area on August 26.

The army statement said that Ogbudje is the alleged leader of the “Otugas Fire Force”, a militant group which has threatened to attack the Utorogu Gas Plant.

The statement read: “The suspected militant, who was trailed, was arrested by troops along Agbor-Abraka road, Edo State on Tuesday 6th September 2016.

“He has been on the run since he was declared wanted because of his public declaration as the leader of the militant group “Otugas Fire Force” and his subsequent declaration of the threat code named “Crocodile Tears”, which was published by the Vanguard and Thisday newspapers on 31st August 2016, while the Brigade was engaged on the military field training exercise nicknamed “Operation Crocodile Smile”.

“Gabriel was arrested along with his accomplice, Mr. Elvis Dweller Ejus. Both suspects were handed to Operation DELTA SAFE for further interrogation and subsequent handing over to the relevant security agency for prosecutions.”

https://www.naij.com/958926-nigeria-army-scores-big-victory-militants-nabs-niger-delta-avengers-kingpin.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2969597530

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by VictorRomanov: 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
I hope they re not doing the "shekau" on us.

6 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by ochilikoko(m): 11:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
who believes Nigeria army again

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by rusher14: 12:12am On Sep 08, 2016
Good job.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by dafuturis(m): 1:53am On Sep 08, 2016
Great news

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by GMBuhari: 1:55am On Sep 08, 2016
The shekau ??

Lol , it's not clueless GEJ running the country and the goat they arrested later had his pictures posted all over internet as proof of arrest

Don't join the badbelle in thinking this Government will lie to you , Change starts with you today thursday !

Finally , It looks like crocodile is smiling
VictorRomanov:
I hope they re not doing the "shekau" on us.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Mrakthedream(m): 2:24am On Sep 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Larryfest(m): 3:57am On Sep 08, 2016
GMBuhari:
The shekau ??

Lol , it's not clueless GEJ running the country and the goat they arrested later had his pictures posted all over internet as proof of arrest

Don't join the badbelle in thinking this Government will lie to you , Change starts with you today thursday !

This govt wun't lie to us you say I hear u o just keep at it ok you might probably be the next minister of information...

30 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by IVORY2009(m): 6:03am On Sep 08, 2016
I hope they're able to extract anofe frm him, that will lead to the arrest of others, similarly hope this is not some cheap publicitta frm the govt to score some cheap point, dat they're working!

well done to the military, if its true!

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by segebase(m): 6:42am On Sep 08, 2016
kudos
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by MrJah(m): 6:45am On Sep 08, 2016
Lol. You arrested the Leader of NDA at calabar? What a funny and pathetic set of people? May God help some gullible people who may believe this poo

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by VictorRomanov: 7:42am On Sep 08, 2016
GMBuhari:
The shekau ??

Please don't start! If u don't have anything meaning to say to me, just pass by. This administration has been lying since day one. From corruption fight to state of the economy, to media aides who claim that the only people complaining about bad economy are a minority. Except u can show me evidence that the person captured is the leader of the NDA, just stay ur lane. I am not a baby.

10 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Wadeoye(m): 8:12am On Sep 08, 2016
I hope he will be summarily executed...

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by herzern(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2016
Crocodile delivers.... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Debaddest(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2016
Old news

But mind u that the more u arrest, they more another group surface...

Maybe 2moro, they will demand their leaders to swap oyel just like Bokoharam
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by agwom(m): 9:06am On Sep 08, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Pavore9: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2016
In solidarity, some should go on the streets to protest his arrest! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by AntiWailer: 9:08am On Sep 08, 2016
good news

2 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by acunon: 9:09am On Sep 08, 2016
Operation crocodile smile ain't laughing

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by EvilSeeed: 9:09am On Sep 08, 2016
sweeet!!!
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by iamawara(m): 9:09am On Sep 08, 2016
The only people making me happy in Nigeria..... Before it was Super Eagles. God continue to guide these legends, protect them from the evils in that Sambisa. God help them

5 Likes

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by omonla555: 9:09am On Sep 08, 2016
Good
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by tdayof(m): 9:09am On Sep 08, 2016
Good to see the defence intelligence agency in this. Many Nigerians don't even know about them.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2016
K
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by shaddoww: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2016
One by one by God and still counting

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by omonla555: 9:10am On Sep 08, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Please don't start! If u don't have anything meaning to say to me, just pass by. This administration has been lying since day one. From corruption fight to state of the economy, to media aides who claim that the only people complaining about bad economy are a minority. Except u can show me evidence that the person captured is the leader of the NDA, just stay ur lane. I am not a baby.

Bitter wailer, those people that are not happy with the goodness of Nigeria will not live to witness the good and betterment of Nigeria.
This group you belong.

I heard from one mama put canteen in Lagos saying "God is not happy with Nigeria because Nigerians did not vote for his son and that things will be tougher next year than this year"
I asked, who is that God's son and she said Jonathan.

I prayed one prayer that; as for me and my household we shall know no suffer and sorrow next year and the years to come IJN.

People are so myopic, gullible and dogmatic.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by ayindejimmy(m): 9:10am On Sep 08, 2016
They'll ambush and kill our armed forces but when our armed catch them they only arrest them
Kudos to the Nigerian Armed Forces for keepin it sane
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by JonSnow(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2016
Lies.
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by HOLYDICK(m): 9:11am On Sep 08, 2016
Kill them all sad
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by ELPablochapo: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2016
Fake news, ask me how and why.

Is Otugas militant leader thesame as NDA leader? NO

Try another lie
Re: Army Arrests G2, Niger Delta Avengers Leader by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 08, 2016
even if..country still hard...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Get Rid Of Executive Grasscutters": #IStandWithNASS Banner / Bandits Kidnap Ibrahim Garba Musa (Perm Sec) & Granddaughter In Niger State / 2023 Elections: Observers Express Concern Over Violence Encountered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.