Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,652 members, 7,823,848 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (70793 Views)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Private Jet Looking Like A Hotel That Costs N27 Million From Lagos To Abuja / Tanker Fell And Spilled Its Content In Benin City - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Compliant(m): 10:55am On Sep 12, 2016
uboma:

Is this Uniben lodge situated within the university?

If it is, then the area is far away from town, don't you think?

Its within Uniben

Shuttle bus to town is between 40naira and 50naira

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by itsmisterdavid: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2016
If you claim to be a true rugged man, look for a church and sleep. Just buy mosquito could and place beside you every night. It will be better than this mess you are going through.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by dennisbee(m): 11:49am On Sep 12, 2016
Pennywise:

Bigger and older than Lixbor.
It's definitely motel Benin Plaza. Thts an institution for hotels, but they've gone down the drain.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 11:55am On Sep 12, 2016
dennisbee:

It's definitely motel Benin Plaza. Thts an institution for hotels, but they've gone down the drain.

Whao is all I can say.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by dakerabbi: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
Oga abeg ooo, the whole of Benin u no get one friend that u can stay with and at least offer or assit him in d feeding? Don't go and kill yourself in d name of saving money

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by uboma(m): 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
Compliant:

Its within Uniben
Shuttle bus to town is between 40naira and 50naira

I know the location but still far away from town for some.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by ifeomaekol(f): 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
Once u get to lagos, barb ur hair, shave, before u enter ur house remove all ur clothes, socks n shoe n burn them, burn ur bag too. Photocopy ur files n burn d ones dt travelled wt u---hian!

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by solpat(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:
The following morning I pack my bag and I say goodbye to them. when I reach office I called a colleague and ask him if I can get a cheap hotel of not more than 2k around, the only one he could point at is the same hotel. I leta come out for him that I spent my night there and I narrated my experience to his , he was just laughing and tell.me.its normal because I looked for cheap thing I have to pay the price as well, that even the top managers that have been visiting are lodging in that same hotel. meanwhile my hotel allowance is 4k per night and those ogas is 6k if those big bosses with big cars are spending days in the stinky place to save 4k daily why won't I do the same to save 2k ?

Fellow Nairalanders I have been here for 2 weeks now o. I have changed my room 4 times but still the same experience but me don't sleep on the bed again o .I sleep on the chair and carry my leg on top table lol

...I'm doing this to save 2k ni o. May God help Nigeria o Hardship is a bad experience o.

Check Hotel Philomena on Okhoro road, Benin City. Its neater and comfortable. Don't know the exact charges for their rooms but its about #3000.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by maxit2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
Artistree:

You have just shown that which makes you a typical Bini viz; aggression. There are lots of we Binis on this thread, how come you're the only one getting offended by the Op's story? Ebroda ne okase Edo, lahor, gberen hin vbo, egie udu rue ghasi...

So i need your permission before i can get offended?
As a true bini, i very care much about our image and whenever i read anything bad about my place i am heartbroken.
However, in this case, this OP is just being a jerk, Paying 2k per night and coming on a National forum to speak ill. Most folks here who have not been to benin will feel we are that backward.

So tell me why you believe i do not have the right to sound aggressive.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Artistree: 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

As a true bini, i very care much about our image and whenever i read anything bad about my place i am heartbroken.
However, in this case, this OP is just being a jerk, Paying 2k per night and coming on a National forum to speak ill. Most folks here who have not been to benin will feel we are that backward.

What IMAGE are you talking about, the one I know or there's another one? My friend talk another thing make we hear word! Pride has beclouded your sense of reasoning and you can't help but be blindly aggressive over a humorous incident as the OP's story.
By the way, did the OP tell you there's no such place in Lagos where he comes from? Who doesn't know that Benin City has very many dirty places, including hotels? I once booked a very popular transporter's hotel for one of my friends that came in from Brazil and you need to see how messed up the room was! Surprisingly, the room was 9k per night o and there was what seemed like excreta on the wall of the room...anyama!
So, if my Nigerian friend talks about his dirty hotel experience in Benin, I'd fault him? Or try to blindly protect the IMAGE of the city?
Let's always accept the truth for what it is...a bitter pill.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by maxit2(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
Artistree:

What IMAGE are you talking about, the one I know or there's another one? My friend talk another thing make we hear word! Pride has beclouded your sense of reasoning and you can't help but be blindly aggressive over a humorous incident as the OP's story.
By the way, did the OP tell you there's no such place in Lagos where he comes from? Who doesn't know that Benin City has very many dirty places, including hotels? I once booked a very popular transporter's hotel for one of my friends that came in from Brazil and you need to see how messed up the room was! Surprisingly, the room was 9k per night o and there was what seemed like excreta on the wall of the room...anyama!
So, if my Nigerian friend talks about his dirty hotel experience in Benin, I'd fault him? Or try to blindly protect the IMAGE of the city?
Let's always accept the truth for what it is...a bitter pill.
You see that Lagos of a place, they have the worst hotels in the world if we should relate the price to standard.
I remember a time i was travelling out of the country. I had to book a hotel at Ikeja, very close to the airport. I wanted some comfort so i paid for a 30k per night room. Let me not even start talking about my experience and the mosquitos that almost ended my life.
Now, take 30k to benin city and lodge a hotel and tell me the kind of standard you'll get. You'd be lodging in Randheki gold or best western or protea with rooms as cossy as fuuuuck.
Not until i opened this thread, i never knew people could still get a place to sleep for 2k. I have a very big sense of humour and i have read this guys thread over and over and can't seem to see any humour in it. The only thing i feel is the irritation that comes with his inability to apply tense in his writings. It annoys me like fuuuck.

My guy, make we no come turn this issue to quarrel. I will forever defend where i am from any little way i can so people from outside can respect. If you read carefully you will see where so many people are already bashing the town and calling every girl in benin prostitutes(Remember that includes your sisters too). Some are commenting as though someone talking from a developed country(Lagos, hahaha) to someone in a 3rd world(Benin city).

Epa have yourself a good day.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by maxit2(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
Etinosajay:

It's not 120k, but it's expensive.

There are Lagos standard hotels in Benin for good money per night.

You think say Benin na bush?

The op complaining says he's from lagos abi ? What sort of hotel room will he get for 2k per night?

My brother this is exactly my anger.. People will read this thread and start thinking rubbish.
How human being for 2016(Buhari regime) go carry 2k say he want sleep hotel and expect anything less.
That nigga should be happy benin is not Kenya, na Lion for enter he room chop am not mosquitoes.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Artistree: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

You see that Lagos of a place, they have the worst hotels in the world if we should relate the price to standard.
I remember a time i was travelling out of the country. I had to book a hotel at Ikeja, very close to the airport. I wanted some comfort so i paid for a 30k per night room. Let me not even start talking about my experience and the mosquitos that almost ended my life.
Now, take 30k to benin city and lodge a hotel and tell me the kind of standard you'll get. You'd be lodging in Randheki gold or best western or protea with rooms as cossy as fuuuuck.
Not until i opened this thread, i never knew people could still get a place to sleep for 2k. I have a very big sense of humour and i have read this guys thread over and over and can't seem to see any humour in it. The only thing i feel is the irritation that comes with his inability to apply tense in his writings. It annoys me like fuuuck.

My guy, make we no come turn this issue to quarrel. I will forever defend where i am from any little way i can so people from outside can respect. If you read carefully you will see where so many people are already bashing the town and calling every girl in benin prostitutes(Remember that includes your sisters too). Some are commenting as though someone talking from a developed country(Lagos, hahaha) to someone in a 3rd world(Benin city).

Life is too short to be claiming territory joor, that's my point. I am not an epa o, young geh like me...Lol!

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Artistree: 3:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

Can you imagine, so ur a girl nai i dey waste my time dey argue with you... chaiiii.. It is finished!

lol.
Shey you dey vex say dem talk about your town anyhow, you're now sounding like a woman shouldn't argue with you.
Pride and arrogance, typical of you...dey ovbie evbo ne ukhin? Ere gha ru vbe rio, ere maa! Okpa ma hia khin...

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by moscobabs(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

just be careful so pride and arrogance will not take u to where u don't want.

if u continue this way , u will just be wasted.

my one naira advice .

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by lastpage: 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
Bifwoli:

I'm just spiritual and not tribal. But i guess you Ajegunle types don't have an open mind or a broader worldview since all you've known is slumlife.

Yea, Spiritual like Satan the Devil himself.

Ajeboota, e show for your face!

Lastpage!
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Hbuyosh(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

My brother this is exactly my anger.. People will read this thread and start thinking rubbish.
How human being for 2016(Buhari regime) go carry 2k say he want sleep hotel and expect anything less.
That nigga should be happy benin is not Kenya, na Lion for enter he room chop am not mosquitoes.
Ever heard lions attacking pipo in Kenyan hotels? U think lions just roam free in Kenya? Why make such brainless statements now?

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Malayy(m): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

what image are you protecting? when we all know about Benin and bini people.. international and local prostitution, witchcraft, kidnapping, cultism, scam, and of course, bad hotels.

3 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Artistree: 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

Pride? well that's not an entirely bad thing... I am proud to be proud.
Arrogance ? I don't know who you are referring to. However if expressing my displeasure is misconstrued as arrogance, then my dear i am one ARROGANT nigga. I will become arrogant again the moment another broke monkey comes on nairaland to post rubbish about my town.

We yaf heard...

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Hbuyosh(m): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

Hey brainiac, even the dumbest man alive(Your father) would know that was a joke....
Tasteless joke like that? Your....must have been.....

I wont say it out of respect.

1 Like

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Malayy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
maxit2:

Oya read the comment below and see why you cannot allow goats roam the streets without direction... I am only here to direct these goats and you call me arrogant. No shaking...

If you think i will engage in tribal war with you, your father!
I am only here to defend my place and correct a misconception and not to argue how my tribe is the best or what not.
bini protector. no one is engaging in any tribal war with you. just stating the obvious..

2 Likes

Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by 2naira50kobo: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
moscobabs:

Thanks bro

I can't rent an apartment cos I don't know the actual days this assignment will take

on your second point sir, I purposely withheld the hotel name cos I don't want to spoil their business and don't forget am still lodging here . am a lagosian I have no family or friend in Benin if any of this hotel staff see this thread they will surely know am the one created this thread cos am the oldest lodger here and i complain a lot other people are complaining too. 2 days ago they even spread some of those mattresses in the sun and I heard they fumigate the hotel a month ago don't know if its true . I can only mention the hotel when I leave here.

Thank u sir

****WISDOM**** It is profitable to direct.
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
2naira50kobo:

****WISDOM**** It is profitable to direct.

What can be purchased for 2naira50kobo in this recession hit economy?
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by mikolo80: 3:50am On Sep 13, 2016
moscobabs:

Thanks bro

I can't rent an apartment cos I don't know the actual days this assignment will take

on your second point sir, I purposely withheld the hotel name cos I don't want to spoil their business and don't forget am still lodging here . am a lagosian I have no family or friend in Benin if any of this hotel staff see this thread they will surely know am the one created this thread cos am the oldest lodger here and i complain a lot other people are complaining too. 2 days ago they even spread some of those mattresses in the sun and I heard they fumigate the hotel a month ago don't know if its true . I can only mention the hotel when I leave here.

Thank u sir
if you don't spoil their biz they will not change.
It's like you enjoy the suffering
Do they know you are Td one posting online
Which kin school you go
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by smart024(m): 7:33am On Sep 13, 2016
Why some Binin guys just dey para and jump up-n-down like monkey way dey in top jangulova...?

If anyone whosoever, claims that any big and old town anywhere at all in Nigeria doesn't have a large verify of hotels, guest houses and lodges, then its either that town is a dead one or the person is a lier...

As of the flock of prostitutes, its a common thing by standard, to see the lowest grade of them in such cheap hotels...

And funny enough, what goes hand-in-hand with it is that "the cheaper the hotel and its prostitutes, the more it harbours criminals"...

Na the nyash way gree say im dirty, na im dem dey wash o...
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by enomakos(m): 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2016
lazeal:
LMAOOO... I didn't even read much of the write up. Benin that I know is a den of hotels and more sprung up during the last regime. Na which kind assignment him go do for Benin sef?
olosho hunting
Re: My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) by samuelUMOH(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Benin hotels and bed bugs are like Lagos and agbero

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ethiopia Just Entered 2013 While The Rest Of The World Is In 2020 - HistoryVille / Aminu Yakubu Dies Of Coronavirus In Katsina 3 Days After Returning From Lagos / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.