Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. (1476 Views)

Omoni And Nnamdi Oboli, Their Children: Tobe, Chizi, Gozi Oboli In Family Photo / Kerry Washington & Her Husband, Nnamdi Asomugha At 33rd Independent Spirit Award / Omoni And Nnamdi Oboli Celebrate 17th Wedding Anniversary With Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by datswasup(f): 7:42am On Sep 08, 2016
Canada-based writer Jude Idada has accused Nollywood producer, director and actor, Omoni Oboli of copying his script for her new film, Okafor’s Law which is set to make its world debut at the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
Jude Idada

Idada told TNS that Omoni’s 2014 Being Mrs Elliot is also an idea she lifted directly from him without giving him due credit.
Despite signed agreements, TNS investigations reveal striking similarities between Idada's script and what the actress produced.

According to the audio interview datswasup got a hold of, Jude claimed that he had an agreement with omoni to write a script for "being Mrs Elliot" but he told them that he would only do it at his own pace. After sending them the first 50 scenes he said they(omoni and her husband) told him that they had found someone better to work with. It was to his greatest dismay that he watched his own movie at the film festival in France in 201201o4f . He didn't sue despite the advice of friends because of the respect he has for Omoni.

Fast forward to Okafor’s Law, Omoni and her husband called him begging him to write a script for "Okafor’s Law". They had no premise. They told him to Google what Okafor’s Law is and also sent him a text of what the law is. He said after some research, he wrote a script but this time, he decided to make them sign a contract and they negotiated the sum of N750,000 instead of his usual fee of N1,000,000. They have refused to acknowledge the contract or give him credit for the movie. He only wants the world to know his own side of the story and wouldn't be suing. You can listen to the audio on www.tns.ng/omoni-oboli-stole-okafors-law-from-me-jude-idada/

Re: Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by HungerBAD: 7:43am On Sep 08, 2016
Sue her then.

2 Likes

Re: Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by saintfellow(m): 7:48am On Sep 08, 2016
Another drama loading but then again, if its true then i dont think its stolen, i think its taken according to warri. But they paid him 750,000naira, its that not enough appreciation. abeg they should come to nairaland's literature session and read better movie script, they can pay writers 100,000naira, no need for appreciation.
Re: Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by Smellymouth: 7:49am On Sep 08, 2016
Hehehehheheeee
Re: Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by pweetylivia(f): 7:53am On Sep 08, 2016
make I siddon and watch drama
Re: Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by iykekelvins(m): 7:57am On Sep 08, 2016
Its a Ghen-Ghen something!
Re: Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by Ozavize88(f): 8:00am On Sep 08, 2016
Re: Omoni Oboli And Her Husband Nnamdi Oboli Stole Okafor’s Law From Me. by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 08, 2016
LOBATAN cheesy
someone might still blame Buhari for this grin

(1) (Reply)

Peter Psquare's Son In Fierce Dance Competition At Davido's Daughter's Birthday / General Ibrahim Babangida Set To Marry Nollywood Actress [PICS] / Pix & Video Of Nigerian Man & His White Wife Dancing Yemi Alade Johnny Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.