Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) (25368 Views)

Foluke Adeboye Celebrates Her 70th Birthday (Photos) / Folu Adeboye Celebrates Her 69th Birthday Today / Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 75th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by mekzyjoe(m): 1:29pm On Sep 08, 2016
grin
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by greatgod2012(f): 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
keltho:
And Let Me See The OloriburuKu Atheist That will come and Poo here...#God Bless Adeboye's Marriage

You're a Christian but you call some people oloriburuku because they chose to be atheists, where is the love of Christ in you?

Smh.....

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by danbrowndmf(m): 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
y'all feminist nt goan like this 'she put her dream on hold for adeboye to be where he his today' feminist nt goan like this.....

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 1:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
Na wa o,see baba neck like tolotolo for that first picture and mama be like "how for do?"
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
greatgod2012:

You're a Christian but you call some people oloriburuku because they chose to be atheists, where is the love of Christ in you?

Smh.....
no mind all those yeye born again people some of dem na pretence go kill dem

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by keltho(m): 1:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
greatgod2012:

Smh.....
#May God Forgive us#Thankz for d correction......Feeling Sober

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by keltho(m): 1:41pm On Sep 08, 2016
IYANGBALI:
no mind all those yeye born again people some of dem na pretence go kill dem
yeye born again shey??...Buh u sef dey pretend nah
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by IYANGBALI: 1:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
keltho:
yeye born again shey??...Buh u sef dey pretend nah
me I be babalawo o
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by junta007(f): 1:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
Happy Anniversary, Daddy And Mummy
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by siokpe: 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:
God knows religion is the greatest scam invented by mankind. The leadership tussle that will happen at redeem when Adeboye kick bucket will make the one of CAC look like child's play. Who no wan ride private jet and feed fat on the gullibility of the congregation they preach fear to every Sunday. They threaten their members with fables of heaven and hell while they kill themselves over earthly riches. If you talk now, the gullible folks will say "Touch not my anointed and who are you to judge" grin I remember that gorimapa pastor Ole-depo wey threaten every body wey wan vote buhari with gate of hell. Today he is as silent as a deaf man so Efcc won't open his shady dealings. Bunch of biblical scammers parading as Men of God sad

Lord, forgive haters

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by anochuko01(m): 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
You remind me of a time i was in a program, the preacher ( a prophet) said ''some people here are doubting the power of God. If you're confident, come outside let's curse each other and see if the power is real''.
I really wished somebody came out! Including the man who was always complaining about the church. But unfortunately, non of them was bold enough.

With all that said, your hatred wouldn't even make you learn from grown ups. That's a shame. You simply don't respect elders.
I pray God helps you sha.

mrkayusfit:
God knows religion is the greatest scam invented by mankind. The leadership tussle that will happen at redeem when Adeboye kick bucket will make the one of CAC look like child's play. Who no wan ride private jet and feed fat on the gullibility of the congregation they preach fear to every Sunday. They threaten their members with fables of heaven and hell while they kill themselves over earthly riches. If you talk now, the gullible folks will say "Touch not my anointed and who are you to judge" grin I remember that gorimapa pastor Ole-depo wey threaten every body wey wan vote buhari with gate of hell. Today he is as silent as a deaf man so Efcc won't open his shady dealings. Bunch of biblical scammers parading as Men of God sad

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by adeowo84(m): 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:

always on d negative side... been observing

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by JesusDWay(m): 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2016
Happy Wedding Anniversary to our Daddy and Mummy GO. May you continue to be a shining light to this generation in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by chrisdayo: 2:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
let somebody shout hallelujah!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by Emperor100(m): 2:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
Happy anniversary to my G.O
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by wreckerMcbeth(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Leadership tussle in such organization is normal when its leader kick the bucket. Maybe you never read the history of RCCG when the founder died and Adeboye was to take over. A whole lot of people left in disagreement towards him becoming the next guy, but they all return years later when they realized things. So RCCG members won't be surprised at all. As long as they install who God chooses, they may have issues initially, but they will eventually come through and make peace.
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by kilokeys(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
So there was a time when he couldn't afford a ring?

Now he tells our ladies not to marry men without a constant source of income ..
Na so life be sha..
Dem always dey forget their days of zero beginning

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by florencepoko2: 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
Did he really can say that during these 49 years of marriage, he never cheated on his wife ?? I guess not. No man can have sex with one woman for 49 years. It's impossible. grin grin
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by Dasini: 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
Thank you God for this amazing marriage, bless mine after the order of daddy G.O, everything that look like strife and struggle, perfect Lord. HWA to daddy n mummy, the world will celebrate dayo n tomi Olawuni like this soon, AMEN!
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by God2man(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2016
Halleluyah!
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by Akinaukwa: 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
Though not a member of Redeemed Church but i just love this man of God and love listening to his messages. Congrats my G.O. Your Ministry is seriously moving to the permanent site.
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by Jaynec(f): 3:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
happy wedding anniversary Sir!... Many more years plus eternity 2 go. I receive this grace Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by maxibrainz02(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2016
Thank God for their life......They will celebrate more on earth in Jesus name
Glory to God.......
let somebody shout hallelujah[b]Thank God for their life......They will celebrate more on earth in Jesus name
Glory to God.......
let somebody shout hallelujah[/b]Thank God for their life......They will celebrate more on earth in Jesus name
Glory to God.......
let somebody shout hallelujah
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by merxi55(f): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Anointed of God. God shall take them places..and cause their path to be pleasant. they shall grow from strength to strength and grace to grace. love them so much.
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by Btruth: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
Omooba77:

God will help us as he has helped our leaders
Amin oooo Jesu.
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by deelobe: 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Silence is the best answer for a fool. Must you always see the bad side of everything. Be happy for everyone.
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2016
This Testimony will blow your mind and help build your faith.

by RW Shambark

A true life story

One night, at a crusade meeting, a lady walked down the aisle of the big auditorium. Tears were streaming down her face. She was holding a long sheet of paper.

There were 1,500 to 2,000 people in the audience, and everybody was being blessed but her. She was weeping desperately, grieving so deeply that it kind of grew over the whole congregation.

She said, "Brother Schambach, they are going to put me out of my house. I am four months behind in my rent." She held up the paper. "This is a notice of eviction. Tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock, they are going to move everything out to the sidewalk."

I jumped off that platform and said, "Woman, the devil is a liar. They are not putting you out on the sidewalk. You are a child of God."
She said, "What about this notice?"
I took it, tore it up and threw it under the platform. "That is your problem. You are looking at the circumstances. If you continue to do that, you will not have faith. You have to start looking in the Bible.

But God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

The reason sick people can't get healed is that they are too busy looking at their diseases. The more they look at them, the worse they feel. We need to keep our eyes on the Word.
I did my best to encourage this woman's faith. She was weeping vehemently.

She said, "Brother Schambach, my blind mama lives with me, and all I can see is my blind mother sitting on the step."

I said, "Shut up! You are getting to me now, woman! (I guess that is why I am not pastoring anymore.) The devil is not going to put you out on the sidewalk. Sit down in that front row and listen to me preach."

I have never seen such anxiety in an individual. I had a sermon prepared but didn't use it. I left all those people, jumped down to where she was, and I preached to that woman for a solid hour. She needed it. I didn't even receive the offering until I finished preaching. Then, when I finished preaching, I went to her and said, "It is time to receive the offering."

She almost fainted. She looked up at me and said, "Don't you remember me? I need money."
I said, "I know it. Where is your pocketbook?"
She said, "But I need—"

I knew she needed money. I am a good listener. She told me she was four months behind in the rent. She also said, "I gave the man $50 but he threw it back at me because it wasn't nearly enough." I had heard that part. I knew she had $50.

I asked, "Where is your purse?"
She said, "Mama has it." Her blind mother was in the service.
I said, "Get it. You are going to give something to God."

She got mad at me. You can tell when folks get mad. But I stayed sweet because I knew she was going to be glad all over again. I was showing her the way to deliverance, and she didn't know it. I said, "We don't have much time. It is ten o'clock at night. At ten o'clock in the morning, they are coming to evict you. You do what I tell you to do, woman."

I could have taken the money out of the church treasury, and I could have paid her rent. But then she would have owed it to God, because that is God's money.

I thought, "Why not just put your faith to work and let her receive a blessing? When God blesses her with it, she will have to pay the tithe and everyone will be blessed." This is how God works!

The woman got up in a huff and went to the back to get her purse. I saw her coming and turned my back to her as I was holding the bucket. I didn't know whether she was going to hit me with her purse or what. I didn't even want to see what she put in.

But I had challenged her to give, and she gave. When it came time for prayer, I said, "I want your blind mama first in that line." Her blind mother was indeed the first in line. I said to the woman, "Stand behind her." Then, I called the prayer line. I laid hands on 500 or 600 people that night, including the blind woman. I rebuked the blind spirit. Her eyes didn't come open suddenly. Sometimes God does it suddenly, instantly, immediately—but sometimes the healing is gradual. Yet in my spirit, I knew God had healed her.

I told her, "Mother, will you do what I tell you to do?"
She said, "Anything you say, I will do it." What a difference between her and her daughter.
I said, "Mama, I want you to go home tonight saying nothing but 'Thank You, Jesus, for giving me twenty-twenty vision.' Keep thanking Him till your head hits the pillow. You will wake up with perfect sight."

She said "I will do it." She started down the ramp and said, "Devil, you are a liar. I am not blind anymore. I am thanking Jesus for twenty-twenty vision."

I said, "Go ahead, Mama, the whole way home."
Then it was time to pray for the woman. I laid hands on her also. I prayed a very simple prayer. I said, "Lord, I don't know how You are going to do this." I don't know how He heals folks either. All I know is He does it. So I prayed, "I am asking You to perform a miracle and pay this woman's debt." Then I said to the woman, "Look at me. In the name of Jesus, I command you to go home and unpack all those bags."
She said, "How do you know I have my bags packed?"

I said, "The way you are talking, I am surprised you haven't moved."
She said, "Half of it is at my brother's house."
"Well, get it back," I answered. "You aren't going anywhere."

That was a Sunday night. On Monday night, I was getting ready to preach when the back door of the church bounced open. This woman wasn't walking in, she was floating in. She was six feet in the air! She was halfway down the aisle when I stopped her.

"Don't you remember me?" she asked.
I said, "I know who you are. But I am not passing up this opportunity for a sermon. I want to ask you one question. Why didn't you come to church like that last night?"

We let our troubles get to us.
I said, "The way you came into this building tonight is the way you ought to come to church no matter what kind of trouble you are going through. Psalm 100:4 says, Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. I can tell by looking at you that God did something. Come down here."

She said, "This morning, I was awakened by the smell of coffee brewing, bacon frying and homemade biscuits baking. I sat up in my bed, catching the aroma of this breakfast. I looked over into my blind mama's bed and it was empty. I quickly threw on a robe and ran out into the kitchen. There was my mama making breakfast. She has been blind for sixteen years, brother."
She said, "Mama, what are you doing?"

Her mother said, "BrotherSchambach told me I would wake up seeing this morning and the man of God was right. You have been making my breakfast all these years —I thought I would give you the best breakfast you ever had, daughter."
The daughter said, "We didn't eat breakfast. We had church in the kitchen at eight o'clock in the morning. At ten o'clock the constable was supposed to be there. I looked up and said, 'Oh, God, if You can open Mama's eyes, You can pay the rent. Take Yourtime, You still have two hours.'"

That is what I call faith. I don't know whether I could have said that with only two hours left, but when God does something for you personally, you can trust Him for the next hurdle.
At 8:30 the mailman came. She thought, "Maybe this is the way God is going to do it." She picked up and opened the six letters she had received. You know how you open the mail looking for money? But there was no money— instead she got bills! Isn't that just like the devil? Now that her faith was strong and she was trusting God for money, she got four bills. But she just laid them on the table and said, "Lord, while You are paying the rent, please catch these four bills too!"

It was nine o'clock. The phone rang. It was a call from a woman whose name she didn't even remember.

"Well, you should remember me," the lady said. "Fourteen or fifteen years ago, you loaned me some money."

"Yeah! Now I remember you." But she never thought she would get that money back.
The lady said, "Honey, I know you thought I would never pay you back. But last night something got a hold of me." The woman explained that she had been in Chicago, shopping, when an overwhelming power took hold of her and seemed to push her towards State Street. She found herself at the Pacific Garden Mission, the famous ministry where Billy Sunday got saved. I have visited that place many times. It is still open and many people get saved in that mission. But this lady had never been to a mission in her life. The Holy Ghost dragged her in, and she sat in the back seat. A man stood up behind the rostrum to give his sermon. At the close, he gave an altar call. The lady got up. The same power that had dragged her down State Street also dragged her down that aisle. She was on her knees getting saved at the altar.
This is the best part of the story as far as I am concerned. That woman not only got saved, but as she knelt there, she got a second blessing. She heard the voice of God. God said to her, "Do you remember the woman who let you borrow money fourteen years ago?"
She said, "Yes, Lord, I do remember."
God said, "I want you to pay it back. Restitution is what it is called, wherever possible."
She said, "Well, Lord, I will find out where she lives and I will send her a check."

God said, "No check. She needs the cash, and I not only want you to pay what you owe her but also give her six percent interest for fourteen years." God is a just God, isn't He?
She said, "But, Lord, I don't know how to get in touch with her."

God told her the phone number! God even knows your telephone number. He knows your deadline—and where to find you in time to meet it. He said, "She needs it by ten o'clock in the morning."
The lady who was about to be evicted went to her old friend's house, got her money, and got back a few minutes before ten o'clock. The constable was there. She put four months back rent on the table and four months in advance. The constable tore up the notice to evict.
When the lady finished her story, I just had one question for her, "Aren't you glad you trusted God?"

Hallelujah! You don't have any trouble. All you need is faith in God!
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by mpowa(m): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
florencepoko2:
Did he really can say that during these 49 years of marriage, he never cheated on his wife ?? I guess not. No man can have sex with one woman for 49 years. It's impossible. grin grin
You think every man is like you, You don't even need to be a Christian to remain faithful, if you have faithfulness in you, not everybody like that lifestyle #Overated.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrkayusfit:

mrkayusfit:

God knows why He has not struck ppl like you dead or with a deadly disease, and my guess is He still loves you despite your foolishness. Even if you ppl don't believe in God and His preachers don't you have morals from your parents. I have seen atheists with morals and love for ppl. But I cant see anything that looks positive in many of you so called atheists on NL.
I used to be angry before with ppl like you but I was wrong because it's your life. It has been laid down before you either to chose life or death. It's your choice. I only feel sad for you and will want you to Change. Much love and peace

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by ojnnaco(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2016
HAPPY 49TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
THATS ALL I CAN SAY . . .
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO UNITE YOU TWO TOGETHER
Re: Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) by wolleytolley(m): 6:37pm On Sep 08, 2016
Happy wedding aniversary baba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? / The Ancestral Curses / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.