Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist (16280 Views)

Aso Villa Demo Day 2016: Pictures / Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria / Registration For Aso Villa Demo Day Closes 12 Midnight Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by stagger: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2016
God will punish all those who say bad things about Goodluck Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by ironheart(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2016
Trendishine:
sorry to say, ur opinions are terribly foolish..you are one of the reasons your country dont work...your are one of the reasons your government and parastatals filled with nomadic touts, take you for a ride....so all your mentality could tell you is that his aim or achievement is it going to see the president and taking a selfie with mark zukerberg?...choi...ppl like you can be soooo plebeian n aimless.. you were even scolding d op...tufia..God help some ppl of dis country, they seem to be wandering sheeps, living the entire influence of their daily lives, as strong as governance, in the hands of hopeless brigandage, yet scold their fellow citizenry for even exposing charades and scams as grievous as this...go and say that to more civilised pple of the west, n dignified citinzenries of regulated government, who cant tolerate shit from fools,talk not of having them in government or organizers of events ...
from your write-up i know your level of reasoning or IQ and i wouldnt get so low to join words with you

1 Like

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Diablo666: 8:13am On Sep 09, 2016
So just cos you didnt win, its now a PR stunt? You had the privilege of meeting Mark, The President, the VP, and other possible investors you here abusing that honour. Thats quite terrible. Sore looser nagging syndrome
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Trendishine: 8:17am On Sep 09, 2016
oteneaaron:

Calm down babe......it's Nigeria you know. You just have to do it yourself and not wait on the Govt.

The man you were talking about....someone said his name is Bunmmi......

Goodmorning.
pls close ur mouth or keep ur finger in ur pocket if u dnt have somefin to spew...am not sure u know how wrecked ur country is n how much of an insult it is to u as a so called citizenry, having such cons n illiterate scammers in a system that influences ur very shores, which u claim to be a part of, even in the international community, no matter how comfortable u think you are..

1 Like

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Trendishine: 8:22am On Sep 09, 2016
ironheart:
from your write-up i know your level of reasoning or IQ and i wouldnt get so low to join words with you
u shouldnt, u are lost n low already, not sure u can even comprehend d convo...just keep up wif ur eggocentric ,childish n low I.Q.

1 Like

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Diablo666: 8:23am On Sep 09, 2016
kishimi8:

No name, of participant?

Anyway I was there and investors came, went round to check what the participants put on display,

Honestly the competition was not an open competition because the things they call innovations I saw there were all crop, you can imagine someone coming with an e-commerce platform that sells tyres and he calls that sh!t innovation, or someone with a loan initiative calling it innovation?!!!!!!!!!!, only about 3 innovative stuff there and out of the three I saw two were amongst the guys that saw Mr president.

Even the guy that had the guts to complain how did his name end up in the competition?.

And for the complainant you had a chance to be in the villa for 3 days, and meet alot of sponsors but you could not make anything meaningful out of it even contacts u no fit get,?

I was a part of an organisation that partly was there to oversee the event, and just by talking 2it random people there I got to make contacts with people from oracle, red hat, and Google, not to talk of the numerous government agencies I never knew of and have even secured a sponsor for one of my projects!!!

Was the complainant expecting to just get financial gains without really bringing anything of value to th table, cuz I presume him to be part of the remaining twenty or so people.with crappy stuff at the demo day
Dont mind him, Their kinds wallow in their mediocrity, fold their arms and expect government to pump money into his account. The FG is not the Investor here, They only created the avenue for startups to pitch their ideas to the investors who will decide which profitable project they want to invest in. The silly OP and his silly allies are blaming the FG
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Trendishine: 8:26am On Sep 09, 2016
minwafor:
This change is not transparent at all if this writeup is true.
But How do you know that the hotel you lodged in was not duly paid but was as a result of the relationship with FIRS? Oga, write the ones you know and leave out what you don't.
The programme coming from the office Vice-president says a lot about him and his aides.
Young Entrepreneur no worry, one day the great men will queue up to shake your hand.
the problem is not buhari, its the false scammers, and sham pr/money seeking organizers around him.
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by ironheart(m): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2016
Trendishine:
u shouldnt, u are lost n low already, not sure u can even comprehend d convo...just keep up wif ur eggocentric ,childish n low I.Q.
change begins with me so i wouldnt fight with you on nairaland. I want to keep this space clean.

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Jethrolite(m): 8:30am On Sep 09, 2016
tafrica:
So sad, a laudable program like this was made to be a mere PR stunt. This People aren't ready to govern but to politicize everything and make headlines out of it.
Imagine we had to later invite Mark Zuckerberg who had earlier left Nigeria for this.

We have clowns in Aso Rock.
Just in case you haven't learnt what you should learn. You should know exactly what you want. Draw up your goals and see what fits into eat and what does not. Be very specific on what you want for yourself and your tech product or service.

Personally, I've experienced worse in my entrepreneurship drive and now I know what I want. Do not be too sore, at least you guys were taken to aso rock to mingle with the high and mighty, I believe you appeared in those pictures. As you heal from the immediate effects of the program, those pictures will become good memories.

I advise you focus on growing your company organically and just forget anything about external financial inputs for now because most organizers and people are time wasters. When your company starts turning a profit with good user base, they will come to you.

Let me tell you something that happened to me just yesterday. I received a call from the UK by an unknown number, when I answered it was a Pwc representative. He wanted to ask me some questions concerning my online business. After the responding, I asked him how he got my details, he said it was from data mining.

The moral of the story is, there's a barrier of success out there in various levels that most people do not know about but the moment you start breaking those barriers, they will start coming to you to fund you and you will be the one selecting who you take money from. Be conscious of that and work harder on your project.
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by 222Martins(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2016
gabe:
Govt and business can be like oil and water. People who have been stuck in offices enjoying monthly salaries have no idea what it takes to make a business succeed. But i fault OP for 1 thing. Your business was not started by luck. It was time, money, preparation, pespiration. Why believe a bureaucrat will improve ur biz by the lottery of '3 lucky finalists'?
God bless you for this statement. I am an entrepreneur and the biggest mistake I will make is to expect something from the government. Even Dangote builds his own roads and provides his own power. My belief is that if you hustle right, you will get all the attention you need; even from the government. All it will take is time. That's why I don't believe in overnight success, miracle helper, manna from heaven, divine investor, etc

2 Likes

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by oteneaaron(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2016
Trendishine:
pls close ur mouth or keep ur finger in ur pocket if u dnt have somefin to spew...am not sure u know how wrecked ur country is n how much of an insult it is to u as a so called citizenry, having such cons n illiterate scammers in a system that influences ur very shores, which u claim to be a part of, even in the international community, no matter how comfortable u think you are..

Wow! has it gotten to this? Did I mention you?.....I have a reputation on NL so i won't take the bait and Join words with you.
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Laredojohn(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2016
Hmm,most times Government do have good plans, but to be sincere it's those who work for Govt that usually module everything up thereby defeating the original master plan of event...in your own case, the guy who wasn't even among those who contested, must have been smuggled in by someone from the Ministry incharge, the change and reformation should start from the civil service before moving to the general public...

2 Likes

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by totalhouse(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
If this story was true, then we are really in for a change for the worse... Because the supposed accused(jona administration) was able to deliver on youwin even when it was not given a chance to do so.
Praying for Nigeria till real change for good happens.

1 Like

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by dewizzo: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef?

I once pointed out that this exercise was a SCAM!

Never take this government serious at all.

- security: D7
- planning: F9
- economy mgt: F9
- support for entrepreneurs: F9
- democracy :awaiting result
- citizenship & electorate : result inconclusive
- information & comm: D7
- propaganda : A3
- lopsidedness in app: A2
- CHANGE campaign: A2
- attack on opposition: A1
- growth & devt: result withheld
- foreign affairs : A2+
- business climate : F9
- Electoral promises : F9
- Power : F9
- Infrastructure : F9
- Housing : Missing scripts
- Education : F9
- Sports: F9
- Labour & productivity: F9

Useless government.

This result in all fairness is too generous... the government has not passed in any area so far, aside propaganda

1 Like

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by sholay2011(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2016
Diablo666:
So just cos you didnt win, its now a PR stunt? You had the privilege of meeting Mark, The President, the VP, and other possible investors you here abusing that honour. Thats quite terrible. Sore looser nagging syndrome
You really don't have a brain. sad

1 Like

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by WDESAFETY: 10:28am On Sep 09, 2016
This is very pathetic and heartbreaking to know that a government that came into leadership via the masses desperate desire for change could badly treat hard working young people that are purpose to give a face-lift to the so called CHANGE MANTRA.
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by onatisi(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2016
stagger:
God doesn't even need to punish them,buhari and his apc are happily and zealously doing that

1 Like

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by sldrboy: 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2016
ironheart:
Do you get paid for a demo? Come on, you only went to showcase what you have. Go ask the artist on the street if they get hotel accommodation, feeding or transport back to their base because they where invited by Don Jazzy to show their demo. Guy if nothing, you met the president, Mark Zukerberg and took selfies with him. Lots of us only read about him on Nairaland. Guy its not everything you pin on the federal government, learn not to expect rewards.

Kindly keep quiet and go back to your business, if its a good idea, you surely do not need government. Ask Dangote, or some of the most successful business men today. The government will look for you when you succeed
I am highly disappointed in you
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by sldrboy: 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
ironheart:
Do you get paid for a demo? Come on, you only went to showcase what you have. Go ask the artist on the street if they get hotel accommodation, feeding or transport back to their base because they where invited by Don Jazzy to show their demo. Guy if nothing, you met the president, Mark Zukerberg and took selfies with him. Lots of us only read about him on Nairaland. Guy its not everything you pin on the federal government, learn not to expect rewards.

Kindly keep quiet and go back to your business, if its a good idea, you surely do not need government. Ask Dangote, or some of the most successful business men today. The government will look for you when you succeed
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by ironheart(m): 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
sldrboy:
ok
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
gift01:
Goes to show that N/POWER might also be another PR stunt. Doubt Buhari is even aware of it.
same thought came while reading
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by biggy26: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2016
ironheart:

It's obvious u know nothing about startups, demo day and pitching. The guy gave a breakdown of d sequence and u still didn't get it. Research before talking next time...just an advice.
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by tete7000(m): 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2016
stagger:

Why do you rain curses and pretend they are prayers? God doesn't punish, he blesses; our sins punish us. For many who bought apc lies and who helped sold them, they are already being punished. Afterall many are feeling the heat of economic downturn. We don't need to curse in God's name, everyone reap what he sows. APC time too will one day come to an end and all lies would be exposed.
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by Fawklicant: 1:31am On Sep 10, 2016
onatisi:
I dont know when Nigerians will wake up and stop believing a single statement from this buhari government. Every single statement from them is a lie . They are always employing thousands of people on the faces of newspapers. Anyway sha make I no kuku talk again . Na early morning

My broda, the thing tire me. Nigeria is dead! This is now buhageria.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by TEEZERO(m): 10:58am On Sep 12, 2016
This is yet another perspective from yet another finalist.
So, shall we say, different folk, different strokes

http://blog.grit.systems/index.php/2016/09/09/aso-villa-demo-day-story/
Re: The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist by basadenet: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
Where are three that won the prizes come from? Am sure, 2 or 3 of them may come from North and probably all Muslims.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Current Vacancies In The Institute Of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) 2013 / Private Home Tutors Required (full/part Time) N80,000 + Benefits / How To Reply To Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.