Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,037 members, 7,845,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

The New Iphone 7, Apples Clever Way Of Extortion - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The New Iphone 7, Apples Clever Way Of Extortion (688 Views)

Apples IOS Have 1 Billions Active Users While Android Have 2 Billion / Get Up to 1TB Free Data on Airtel Plus Way Of Browsing and Downloading / Clever Tips For Taking The Best Selfies Possible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Iphone 7, Apples Clever Way Of Extortion by Sowl(m): 4:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
Apple iPhone 7 News
The iPhone 7 will start at $649 32GB
The larger iPhone 7 Plus, which offers a bigger screen, begins at $769.

Both phones DO NOT come with the traditional 3.5mm Headphone Jack because Apple wants the phones to be thinner and improve water-resistant(something Chinese OEM's somehow accomplish very well).

So what did Apple Inc do?
1) They made the USB-C Lightning adapter to serve as charging port and a possible headphone jack for those who want wired headphones.
N.B: You cannot charge and listen to Music using a wired headset simultaneously but the adapter comes for free.

2) They offered a Bluetooth earphone(AirPods) that costs JUST $159.
N.B: It can sync to various apple products, has a special case that acts as the charger, and works for 5hrs ONLY.

Let's do a little arithmetic here
iPhone 7 + airpod (649+159)= $808
iPhone 7+ + airpod (769+159)= $928

So Apple Inc wants you and me to shell out almost $1k for a phone that does nothing special and works only with Apple Devices? I mean who wants to shell out $159 for a single headphone when you can get a basic android phone, I got my latest Android 6.0 phone (fingerprint, 3GB RAM, HD screen, USB-OTG, Gyroscope, all necessary sensors, 2-3-4G, TurboDownload, Gestures, Smart Power Saving, GPS, dual sim, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 etc.) for JUST $109.
Ohh comes in a beautiful metal body!!!

Ahem! But then Apple Inc is the only firm on earth that can sell sawdust as fairy dust and Apple Sheep(iSheep) would buy it.

#Tech_Update #Capitalism_Can_Be_Weird #I_Remain_A_Capitalist
2016©GrandMaester

Culled from a friend's Facebook timeline

2 Likes

Re: The New Iphone 7, Apples Clever Way Of Extortion by chukxie(m): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
Expensive but trust 9ja big boys and girls to buy the phone no matter the price tag because to them owning such a phone shows they've 'arrived'.
Re: The New Iphone 7, Apples Clever Way Of Extortion by Psychodavidovic(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
I personally, can't shell out that kind of money to get that phone but those who can should go ahead and buy it ..

But You can't tell the company manufacturing lamborghini that they are 'Extorting' people, and that a very cheaper car can serve all your needs and cost way less After all apple didn't force anyone to buy it (well at least not yet) ..

Let those who have the money buy it ..
Re: The New Iphone 7, Apples Clever Way Of Extortion by raker300: 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
Wait for the "s" version bro. Honestly, Apple didn't have anything new to offer, That's the truth.

I jst want the iOS 10 update to come on my phone and that's all

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The Iphone 7 And Iphone 7 Plus Handsets / Introducing Elephone S7 - A 4gb Ram Device With 5.5 Inch Display, See Full Spec / How To Get Android 7.0 Style On Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.