Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

#throwback Thursday : The Evolution Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria . - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / #throwback Thursday : The Evolution Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria . (862 Views)

Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village / Members Charging Phones In My Church Today (Funny photos) / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#throwback Thursday : The Evolution Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria . by Jameskyrian(m): 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
The Evolution of Mobile phone in Nigeria has been nostalgic in my memory and
i suppose it rings bell in your memory as some obvious wide grin greets your face. “Na lie” ?

This article is to take you back memory lane,

to switch on your nostalgic cap and caress your frolic fantasy about mobile phone evolution. It was comically written to make you laugh as you reminisce. ...

1.NOKIA 3310 :

PLease , ladies and gentlemen, may we all stand up for this “OGA AT THE TOP”, the “Agidimgba of all Agidimgba”…..

You may now sit. This mobile phone is the most widely used, loved and served amongst every other stone age phones. Where would i even start in praising this gentleman , sorry ,”gentle phone.? Was it its battery longevity? You’d literally charge this phone and forget your charger at home as you embarked on a 2 week jorney and still come back with 2bars remaining.

Was it its network reception ? Even as MTN network was still epileptic as at then , i still was able to find network with it in my village, though as it dangles on top of a palm tree in my compound. I leave you with the hilarious imagination as how all of us would climb the ladder to answer any call as it rings. Isn’t that awesome ?

I would stop at it’s loud ring tone and speaker ring out tone. …..”Now , could you close your eyes and remember that DEEP SOUND MTN CALLER TUNE makes”, “dooo doooo doooo” sound…? So deep and enigmatic.

Glo and MTel caller tunes were simply annoying. …lol.

Wait, before i move on to the next phone, i would want to categorically state this, “if the Vibration of Nokia 3310 couldn’t wake up a man in coma…”abeg go bury the man “, he was dead already......

>>> continue reading on the link......

Source : http://www.jkcyno.com/2016/09/throwback-thursday-mobile-phone-evolution-nigeira/

Re: #throwback Thursday : The Evolution Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria . by barnacle: 6:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
Waiting
Re: #throwback Thursday : The Evolution Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria . by Jameskyrian(m): 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
barnacle:
Waiting

Waiting for what ?
Re: #throwback Thursday : The Evolution Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria . by tsmat(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
The only constant thing in life is change
Re: #throwback Thursday : The Evolution Of Mobile Phones In Nigeria . by Jameskyrian(m): 9:28am On Sep 12, 2016
tsmat:
The only constant thing in life is change
But definitely not APC change...lol

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Hot 4 Pro / Update: Senate Did Not Approve NCC To Increase Data Tariff Price / Infinix Zero 4 Plus Full Review(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.