Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student (1905 Views)

Tony Elumelu Eating Roasted Corn Inside Plane, Dele Momodu Reacts / How Lucrative Is Pop Corn Business In Ibadan / Pop Corn Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by CashNaira96: 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hello all... I have been thinking of a business to start in school and popcorn came to mind.. Am a student in my early 20s in one of the state uni in Nig but i dont have the slightest idea about the popcorn business.. Things like cost, method, how to, packaging, machine etc... Please i need your advice because am planning on starting it when we resume next session (next month) and want to stop depending totally on my parents for allowance...

Your advice and inputs are welcomed... Thanks in advance
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by 3unitload(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
I advice u go with this... Talking about packaging in popcorn buisness has no impact on pple/student rather u should work on giving the best taste in the popcorn so that it can attract more customers..(I think applying more butter n less sugar will bring out the taste then package with fancy nylon) ...ny opinion though..
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by CashNaira96: 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2016
3unitload:
I advice u go with this... Talking about packaging in popcorn buisness has no impact on pple/student rather u should work on giving the best taste in the popcorn so that it can attract more customers..(I think applying more butter n less sugar will bring out the taste then package with fancy nylon) ...ny opinion though..
thanks for your imput... Pls do you have any idea how much the machine is being sold? I heard therz a specific type of corn to use.. How true?
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by CashNaira96: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pls dont just view and pass... Drop a comment. I'd appreciate.
Cc Lalasticlala missslimbody brimicx olaoluemir ziggyblaze
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by 3unitload(m): 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2016
CashNaira96:

thanks for your imput... Pls do you have any idea how much the machine is being sold? I heard therz a specific type of corn to use.. How true?

I don't knw how much d machine is sold, u can still go n verify...and there is a specific type of corn for it (true)
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by CashNaira96: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
3unitload:

I don't knw how much d machine is sold, u can still go n verify...and there is a specific type of corn for it (true)
thanks, i appreciate
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by CashNaira96: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hello nairalanders... Pls your comments is needed
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:24am On Sep 12, 2016
The popcorn machine is about 18-20k
The corns itself.. A bag when I bought it last was 10k before this recession nonsense.. Just budget maximum 15k
You need a generator.. Not too good with their ratings lol but those big ones with tires and yellow tank.. 12kva or so.. Used one like 30k
A large umbrella about 5k if you're going to be there all day..
Sugar, packaging nylons etc 5k

TOTAL : Roughly 85k

To cut cost
Buy half bag of the corns for a start 7.5k
Wherever you choose your location, there should be constant power supply.. To cut generator and fueling cost..
You may cut leave out the umbrella if its only evenings you'd be coming out or partner with a shop owner and use his/her extention (frontage)

TOTAL : 32.5K roughly 35k

GOODLUCK cool cool

1 Like

Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by Bellarita: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
1DAY FABRIC BLINGING MASTERCLASS!!!

Decenstitch Fashion Academy is out to empower young men and women who wish to start a business with low start up capital or those who want additional source of income by organising a 1day intensive Bling training at the Academy. Blinging business is a very lucrative business because anything you bling is a statement piece that sparkles and speaks for itself anywhere which makes it to be in high demand. Fashion designers and boutique owners can take advantage of this training to bling their outfits and make their outfits unique, raise the value or price of the outfits and boost sales.

Highlight of the training:
*Learn how to use rhinestones, crystals, pearl etc to customise logo, company names, personal names & cartoon images on t-shirt
*Also how to embellish ankara, aso oke especially gele, etc using sequins, studs, pearls and rhinestones
*How to make a crystal motif
*How to make your own design template for mass production
*Types of applicators
*How to identify types and quality of rhinestones in the market
*Location of suppliers
*Handout
*Certificate

Fee is 10,000naira.The training will take place every 1st Saturday of the month, 9am-4pm. Seat reservation will be made for participants who make payment before the day. Come along with a t-shirt for blinging.
Decenstitch Fashion Academy is at 181, Akowonjo road, Sobo b/stop, walk down to Vamako filling station, we're directly opposite Vamako, Egbeda. Pls call or watsapp 08160903608
Re: Advice On Starting A Pop Corn Business As A Student by CashNaira96: 4:13pm On Sep 14, 2016
@selfmadeolx thanks for your input, am thinking of the local machine that uses gas... Do you have an idea how much it cost?

(1) (Reply)

2017 The Most Popular 10 Items, Make Money To Make Money Must See! / . / Make Up To $50-300 Per Day, Viewing Adverts Online. This Is The Last Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.