Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari (491 Views)

Read Olusegun Obasanjo's Full Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari To Halt 2019 / Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Independence Day Speech 2017 / BREAKING NEWS President Muhammadu Buhari Dies In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari by 9jawikileaks(m): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

In view of the continuous absence of dully elected Representatives of Rivers State at the National Assembly, I write to express my dismay and dissatisfaction over the unfortunate scenario.
May, I state here categorically, without mincing words, that the said lack of representation, close to a year now, has its peculiar and undeniable consequences on Rivers People.

At this juncture, it is pertinent to mention that this unfortunate but avoidable episode has denied Rivers People, adequate moral and general representation in the National Assembly.

Benefits accruable to Rivers State, if there was due representation, such as Constituency Projects, Heading of Senate Adhoc Commitees, and Practical Vocal Presentation of issues affecting the good people of the State on the floor of the Senate and the House of Representatives, has been aborted for such a long period of time without any genuine attempted remedy.

It is in view of the above that I write to you as a concerned Citizen of the Nigerian State, an indigene and Student Leader in Rivers State, as well as a victim of such undemocratic Legislative Embargo, to directly draw your attention, and to beseech you to use your good office to appropriately address the above stated issues.

We the indigenes of the state are truly fed up with the political tussle in the state, that has direct implication resulting in the under representation of the state in the National Assembly and thus, have called on your office to directly intervene in this matter. At this point, the matter of political party should be kept aside. All we want is a good representation in the National Assembly, and that representation can come from any political party, for such is the beauty embedded in Democracy which the Nigerian state practices.

May, I also express my dissatisfaction towards the way and manner the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has conducted itself in relation to this particular issue and their inability to promptly address this prolonged indirect disenfranchisement, despite its overbearing defects.

As the said Electoral Umpire has failed woefully, to conduct a free credible election to fill in the vacant National Assembly positions for the State, since after the Tribunal, and Court of Appeal annulled an earlier conducted election more than a year ago.

Furthermore, it is unspeakable, and highly undemocratic, that decisions/policies about the aggregate good of a Nation (Nigeria) is done for such a distant time, without an input from a prominent and unarguably key territory in the Nigerian Federation and this is highly unacceptable to me, as a youth leader of Today.

I make bold to say that, Rivers State is a core part and progressive stakeholder in the Nigerian project, which has over the years contributed immensely, its quota for the collective unification and economic sustainability of the country, as such, cannot be denied the right for equitable representation in the Federation.

I wish to further state here Sir, that no clear reason has been adduced for such day light Political marginalization. As the security breach the Independent National Electoral commission (INEC) claims to be the reason for the further postponement is a far cry from the reality on ground. In as much as there is no place on earth without violence, it is unfair to use the few cases of violence as a phrase to describe the general assumption of a state.

May I therefore once again, plead with Mr. President, to launch into action by immediately mandating the Independent National Electoral Commission, alias INEC to conclude all pending elections in the state as they have scheduled by October 2016, to enable Rivers people have their law makers in the Apex Law making body in the country.

It is true that we the youths are the future leaders of tomorrow, or as I rather say, the youths are the future leaders of today, thus should be given a say when we express our views on National Issues that affects our lives.

Let me thank you once again for the times you have given the youths a voice in your administration and hopefully wish you treat this letter with priority.

I am confident of your ability Sir, to address the above outlined issues, to entrench peace, equality and tranquility in Rivers State, and Nigeria at large.

Yours Faithfully
DAMINABO ALALI DANIEL
(Concerned Youth Leader, Social Commentator and Civil Activist)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Funniest, What Can You Say About This Picture? / Video: Linda Ikeji Wishes For An Amazing Man As She Celebrates Her Birthday / Fresh Cut Bank Instrument For Lease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.