Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

5 Angel Investor And Venture Capital Networks Investing In Nigerian Startups - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Angel Investor And Venture Capital Networks Investing In Nigerian Startups (1125 Views)

4 Nigerian Startups To Watch Out For In 2018 / I Am Angel Investor - I Want To Invest In A Moderate Business / 5 Funding Opportunities For Nigerian Startups This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Angel Investor And Venture Capital Networks Investing In Nigerian Startups by Nobody: 5:58am On Sep 09, 2016
According to data compiled by Disrupt Africa, African tech startups received a total amount of funding in excess of US$185.7 million in 2015. In light of recent events and how African tech industry has come under the spotlight, that number is only going to increase. The question is, are you getting your fair share?

In this article, I present you 5 angel investor networks where your startup idea could receive funding. I get sad when I hear young people complain they can't achieve their dreams because a bank denied them loan. Something amazing is happening in Africa. Angel investor networks are coming up be their droves everyday. Before you approach a bank for loan, explore these options first. Many entrepreneurs have taken off this way. If your idea is innovative, you have a chance.

To connect with any of the networks, just search for the name in google. Good luck

5 ANGEL INVESTOR AND VC NETWORKS INVESTING IN AFRICAN STARTUPS

1. CCHUB
CoCreation Hub (CCHUB) is not really an angel investor network in the strict sense. I put them at the top of this list because I was amazed at what they have accomplished since they started in 2012. Most people did not know about them till the recent visit of Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg. Since 2012, they have invested in 16 early stage ventures that can transform the way people live and do business in Nigeria. These startups include names like GoMyWay, WeCyclers and Traclist. You can register an existing venture or a startup idea you have and work it up from there.

2. VENTURE CAPITAL FOR AFRICA (VC4A)
Since I found this network, I’ve not stopped talking about it and I don’t think I will. Not only is vc4a an angel investor network helping African startups achieve their dreams, they have a robust mentoring system where experts provide support and guidance to entrepreneurs. The mentoring is entirely free of charge although you have to register your venture to get started. These are some of the ventures listed on the network.

3. LAGOS ANGEL NETWORK
The Lagos Angel Network is the premier angel network in Nigeria and one of the most active in Africa. It is a network of business angels that put startup funding and mentoring into early-stage ventures in Lagos, Nigeria. Founded in 2014, LAN is the first members’ only network in Nigeria specifically created to finance early- stage and start-up businesses. The aim of the network is to drive job creation and foster collaboration among individuals and institutions interested in promoting or engaging in entrepreneurship, especially in the south west region of Nigeria. Since its creation, LAN members have invested in over a dozen Lagos startups

4. AFRICAN ANGELS NETWORK
The Africa Angels Network (AAN) is a network of angel investors that invests in Africa-focused startups, primarily in the tech sector. Founded in July 2013 by Pule Taukobong– a former software developer who found his way into the world of corporate investments and Asset management – the Africa Angels Network has invested in 18 high potential startups across 8 African countries.

5. EVENTURES AFRICA FUND
The goal of eVA Fund is investing capital and knowledge to strengthen small and medium sized internet related enterprises thus securing and creating jobs and income for large African communities and with that, generating attractive financial returns for investors. Entrepreneurs applying for funding should meet the following criteria:

-Existing business with a track record of 2 to 5 years
-Funding requirements of $100.000 to $1.000.000
-Businesses in sub-Saharan Africa
-Business focus: internet and/or mobile applications, platforms, e-commerce and solution-providers (i.e. not in infrastructure and hardware)
-Sound strategy and business model
-Profitable, now or within a limited period

YOUR MOVE, ENTREPRENEUR…

So what do you think? This is where you make your move. These organizations, and more, work round the clock to help entrepreneurs who have innovative ideas achieve their dreams. So go ahead and explore your creative side. There has to be problems in the community your ideas can solve. Your move, entrepreneur!

The above article is an excerpt from a blog post. The original post is found here: http://www.nextnaijaentrepreneur.com/angel-investors-vc-networks/

Re: 5 Angel Investor And Venture Capital Networks Investing In Nigerian Startups by Nobody: 5:59am On Sep 09, 2016
You can add any angel investor network that I missed in the article. Let us learn and prosper together. Cheers

1 Like

Re: 5 Angel Investor And Venture Capital Networks Investing In Nigerian Startups by sabigros: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
you can find professional angel investors on www.prosbot.com
Re: 5 Angel Investor And Venture Capital Networks Investing In Nigerian Startups by sabigros: 9:08pm On Jan 06, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter From Sergey Mavrodi To The Nigerian Authorities / Recycling Business And Seek Partners / Loan Of 50k To Pay Back 100k In 1 Week 5days.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.