Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,865 members, 7,821,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? (2217 Views)

How Can I Create NIGERIA PAYPAL ACCOUNT / How Can I Fund My Nigeria Paypal Account / Have You Experienced This With Facebook Ads? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by homebase(m): 7:13am On Sep 09, 2016
Hi all, i am having a challenge making payment to someone using Nigeria paypal.

The amount i want to send is $10 and i have excess on Gtb master debit card on the paypal account.

But each time i tried, this error message comes up " Your payment method isn't working. Do you want to try again with another card or bank? "

Please has anyone experience this? And if yes how did you resolve it?

Thanks.

P.S: I have be using this card on this paypal all this while and of course done my BVN
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by homebase(m): 8:42am On Sep 09, 2016
I think i just got answer to my question.

I never knew GTBank has sent me notice of transaction rejection, here is the message:

Declined Card Transaction – DCC Restriction

Thank you for using your GTBank Naira MasterCard.

Please be informed that your transaction with the details below could not be completed because you have selected the DCC payment option (Dynamic Currency Conversion) that allows you to pay in Naira, which has been temporarily restricted on all our cards. Please reattempt the transaction and select the currency of the country you are transacting in.

But the problem now is i am not the one selecting the so called DCC payment option it is the paypal.

What they are doing is let you select the foreign currency you want to pay ( in my case USD ),
their system automatically detect your country IP then do currency from your selected foreign currency
to your country currency ( in my case USD to Naira, imagine their conversion rate $1 = N326.86 lol )

Now i don't know if there is anyway to stop paypal from auto converting to Naira but use USD because
this what GTBank is saying in their message.

Seriously i need to do this transaction.

homebase:

The amount i want to send is $10 and i have excess on Gtb master debit card on the paypal account.

But each time i tried, this error message comes up " Your payment method isn't working. Do you want to try again with another card or bank? "

Thanks.

P.S: I have be using this card on this paypal all this while and of course done my BVN
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by cybernaut(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2016
Look for another alternative. Use can use service of other paypal users and do d transaction. I will assist u to make d payment. Hit me on 08065835449
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by homebase(m): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2016
Well, i solve the challenge myself with the help of Google and paypal online community.

For the benefit of others who may face similar challenge in future, here is the solution.

I searched on Google " disable paypal Dynamic Currency Conversion ". Thank you GTBank for letting know the tern DCC

Then i saw this tip on paypal community to disable auto conversion:

My Account -> Profile -> My preapproved payments -> Set Available Funding Sources) -> Conversion Options (for card you'd like to change this option)-> Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice -> Submit

Hope, it helps

3 Likes

Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by Abdulasod: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2016
homebase:

Thanks.

Hello bro!
i need your help urgently.
Recently sent you PM but no reply.
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by demo4ril97(m): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
homebase:
Well, i solve the challenge myself with the help of Google and paypal online community.

For the benefit of others who may face similar challenge in future, here is the solution.

I searched on Google " disable paypal Dynamic Currency Conversion ". Thank you GTBank for letting know the tern DCC

Then i saw this tip on paypal community to disable auto conversion:

My Account -> Profile -> My preapproved payments -> Set Available Funding Sources) -> Conversion Options (for card you'd like to change this option)-> Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice -> Submit

Hope, it helps

how much were you charged to a dollar?
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by mimon79(m): 2:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
@homebased

Your blessed. This is exactly my predicament, thanks for the update. By the way, how much were you charged finally?
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by homebase(m): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
I am sorry i did not see the PM.

How may i be of help?

Abdulasod:

Hello bro!
i need your help urgently.
Recently sent you PM but no reply.
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by homebase(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
If you are asking about paypal conversation rate it was $1 = N328.86

But if it is about the GTBank rate, i am yet to receive the alert so i don't know yet.

demo4ril97:
how much were you charged to a dollar?
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by homebase(m): 4:24pm On Sep 09, 2016
And i say a big amen .

About the charge, i cant really say for now because

GTBank is yet to send $10 naira equivalent conversion alert.

But i am hoping it won't exceed $1 to N400 maximum.

mimon79:
@homebased

Your blessed. This is exactly my predicament, thanks for the update. By the way, how much were you charged finally?
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by Abdulasod: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
homebase:
I am sorry i did not see the PM.

How may i be of help?

I've got all the requirement for the traffic niche but needs you to put me through.
I've downloaded the diabolic traffic bot, registered on microsoft azure, downloaded proxy tester.
I need you to put me through to generate the traffic.
please angry
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by Emmyk(m): 7:21pm On Sep 09, 2016
Thanks op. I have faced similar situation before and I never bother looking for solution.
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by homebase(m): 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2016
I have just reply with the details on the original thread.

Also i will suggest don't use proxy tester instead use diabolic proxy tester.

Anyway see the thread for full gist.

Abdulasod:

I've got all the requirement for the traffic niche but needs you to put me through.
I've downloaded the diabolic traffic bot, registered on microsoft azure, downloaded proxy tester.
I need you to put me through to generate the traffic.
please angry
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by zedamani: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2016
The DCC Payment method is selected by Paypal. You have to change it yourself. I also had that issue. Select the card and change its coversion option. Sometimes you are allowed to change this before checking out.

As for Exchange rate, as at two days ago, it was N410 to $1 for payment.

homebase:
I think i just got answer to my question.
I never knew GTBank has sent me notice of transaction rejection, here is the message:
Declined Card Transaction – DCC Restriction
Thank you for using your GTBank Naira MasterCard.
Please be informed that your transaction with the details below could not be completed because you have selected the DCC payment option (Dynamic Currency Conversion) that allows you to pay in Naira, which has been temporarily restricted on all our cards. Please reattempt the transaction and select the currency of the country you are transacting in.

But the problem now is i am not the one selecting the so called DCC payment option it is the paypal.
What they are doing is let you select the foreign currency you want to pay ( in my case USD ),
their system automatically detect your country IP then do currency from your selected foreign currency
to your country currency ( in my case USD to Naira, imagine their conversion rate $1 = N326.86 lol )
Now i don't know if there is anyway to stop paypal from auto converting to Naira but use USD because
this what GTBank is saying in their message.
Seriously i need to do this transaction.
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by pato405(m): 11:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
cool
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2016
Yea. if your card is no longer working with Paypal, disable DCC.

Click here for guide on how to disable PayPal DCC.
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by aikfrank(m): 3:59pm On Oct 13, 2016
You have card restrictions even if. The best is to get a Virtual card connected to your Paypal then pay online as high as $2,500

check https://www.nairaland.com/3383087/usd-visa-virtual-card-fund for more info
Re: Have You Experienced This With Nigeria Paypal? by MrCork: 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2018
homebase:

Thanks.

..son..the nest time u send me that kinda message. .. I will slap yor face!! ((Real talk )) angry

(1) (Reply)

Tutorials On Auto Gele, Bridal Veil & Bridal Hand Fan Making / Gotv / Get Paid For Online Surveys As A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.