Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

5 Things Buhari Must Do To Prove That #changebeginswithme - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Things Buhari Must Do To Prove That #changebeginswithme (307 Views)

Tinubu: 8 Things Buhari's Government Must Do For Nigerians. See List... / 9 Things Buhari Promised Nigerians In 2018 / 9 Things Buhari Did That Confirm CHANGE Is Really Here (list) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things Buhari Must Do To Prove That #changebeginswithme by Samguine: 7:19am On Sep 09, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari today launched the ''change begins with me'' campaign. The campaign is designed to get Nigerians involved in governance and making the country a better place.

However, there are concerns about the sincerity of the campaign. Why should citizens get involved if those paid to govern the country won't be involved? Will President Buhari be willing to let Change begin with him or will it fall through like his previous promises?

Here are 5 Simple things Buhari can do to prove to Nigerians that Change truly 'Begins with me''

1. Publish his asset declaration form

The President promised to declare his assets but all we got was a summary of assets from Presidential spokespersons. Nigerians are yet to see President Buhari's code of conduct asset declaration form. Several requests filed under the FOI act demanding to see the form has been declined. What is Buhari hiding?

2. Use some of the Presidential jets to revive the Nigerian airways

During campaign, President Buhari criticized former President Goodluck Jonathan for the amount of presidential jets at his disposal. Buhari promised to sell off the jets. He also promised to revive the long dead Nigerian airways. If 'Change begins with me' is a sincere campaign, we expect to see the President use the extra presidential jets in reviving the Nigerian airways.

3. Reduce recurrent expenditure

The cost of running the government increased under President Buhari. Nigerians will love to see a more frugal government especially in these times of recession. Nigerians want to know that the President is not spending billions on food every year while they starve.

4. Release details of his election campaign fund

The Goodluck Jonathan campaign fund is being probed, so far no Nigerian can confidently state how Buhari's campaign was funded. As part of the 'Change begins with me' campaign, it will be nice to see more details of Buhari's campaign.

5. Accept responsibility for everything that has gone wrong under his administration

'Change begins with me' entails accepting responsibility for ones actions or in-actions. Several things have gone wrong under the Buhari administration but not once has the President accepted responsibility.

---------------------------------

'Change begins with me' is a fantastic idea but like all other ideas, implementation is key. The Government needs to be sincere if this campaign must work; President Buhari must lead by example.

Source: https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/5-things-buhari-must-do-to-prove-that-change-begins-with-me.221620/

Re: 5 Things Buhari Must Do To Prove That #changebeginswithme by dmgr(m): 7:27am On Sep 09, 2016
Re: 5 Things Buhari Must Do To Prove That #changebeginswithme by Flyingngel(m): 7:33am On Sep 09, 2016
Hia! R u in Nigeria? If yes then I reserve my comments ; if no then hear this- such can never happen with Buhari government. Change beginning with him is like taking gold to new China.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are The Foreign Direct Investments? / Making ‘africa Rising’ A Reality In Nigeria By President Buhari / If You Want Your Girls, Bring Back Our Brethren, Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Tells

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.