Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,464 members, 7,830,332 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Nigerian Music : How Long Can They Survive This ? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music : How Long Can They Survive This ? (325 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / MUSIC: How To Make Use Of Soundcloud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Music : How Long Can They Survive This ? by ariesbull: 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
Entertainment has placed Nigeria and her citizens in a global map. Hone are the days that we always jammed Tupac and rhymed Notorious BIG. Though those guys from the Yankees are great, they gave us superb music, most evergreens . That era seems to belong to nostalgia and the era is gone, gone for good. Nigeria music has come to stay . My daughter doesn’t know who is Tupac or Biggy, but knows Tuface and Tekno .Thanks to Nigeria music and we have to understand the reason for this concept and know how to get it sustained. Just like the era of Jamaican Patra and Shabba Ranks ,so was the time of American Toni Braxton and Alicia Keys or the British Bettles so it will time for Nigeria . It’s all about phases and ours isn’t an exception .

Though most of the contents of Nigerian music are below par in terms of global standards, but they trying, and we must give it to them trying. Nobody ever gave them a chance . Parents never wanted their kids to be a musician or actors then. They see them as wayward and never do well. The story has changed now. Just one Tuface performance fee has been the equivalent of the annual salary of the average Nigerian lawyer or doctor, but he earned this in just a few hours. This is a clear departure from pittance musicians were paid in those days. Nigeria music has deepened and evolved .

Can this tempo be sustained? Can this tempo be made to be there and not go the way of Jamaican music or the American hard for rap? Oh yes, it can be sustained and considering the population of Nigeria…touted to be the biggest black nation in the world and the most populous black nation in the world. The tendency for this tempo to continue is there. Where there is four black ,one is a Nigerian. The country music scene can leverage on this,but the musicians and songwriters must evolve to give us content ,quality content and not this “I don hamma” music or “God has made me rich ” music just like movies should tell the story. This story can be about culture or any topic and not if you love me,you will buy me Ferrari story or kind of music . A story that the young ones can relate to and a story that can be a reference point. I don’t and won’t allow my innocent daughter in her 8yr old to start playing”if you love me,you go buy me the Ferrari kind of music” or “I don hamma drink champagne”. The earlier the entertainment industry is overhauled the better of sustainability of the industry.

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/09/nigerian-music-industry-before-they-fizzle-out/#more-1360

(1) (Reply)

My First Free Access Audio Series / September To Remember Bonanza For All Artistes / IBBUL Campus Cypher- A Must Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.