Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? (1162 Views)

Ectopic Pregnancy Issues / How To Prevent Ectopic Pregnancy / What Is An Ectopic Pregnancy? Causes, Symptoms, And Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? by Imustexcel: 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hello medical experts in the house. A family friend is desirous of putting his wife in a family way but his desire has been met with challenges all these months. Lately, the wife has been showing some signs of pregnancy like being weak in the morning, spitting and loss of appetite. They have on several occasions used PTS but the result always turns out negative. My friends question is; is it possible for PTS to detect ectopic pregnancy? Because he is suspecting ectopic pregnancy sine she some times complain of severe waist and stomach ache. Please what do I advise this guys family.
Re: Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? by Luckymay(f): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
Your "friend" is not serious about having kids. In fact he's not fit to father a child if he's seeking for solution from you instead of a gynecologist.
Re: Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? by Imustexcel: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
Luckymay:
Your "friend" is not serious about having kids. In fact he's not fit to father a child if he's seeking for solution from you instead of a gynecologist.
Hello lucky, he is disadvantaged by his current location. He would have visited one if there is any around. He is in one local government like that in zamfara state. He just aked me if I have a doctor friend that can help clarify if PTS can detect ectopic pregnancy. He just needs this advice just to calm his nerves in the interim.
Re: Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? by PresVA: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
She should visit a hospital. . The doctor will most likely recommend an ultrasound scan...

Btw, did his wife miss her period? How sure you there's a pregnancy at all?
Re: Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? by Luckymay(f): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
Imustexcel:

Hello lucky, he is disadvantaged by his current location. He would have visited one if there is any around. He is in one local government like that in zamfara state. He just aked me if I have a doctor friend that can help clarify if PTS can detect ectopic pregnancy. He just needs this advice just to calm his nerves in the interim.
Well, I'm not a gynecologist but, ectopic pregnancy can be detected through pts, so if they'd run the test and it's negative then the lady is not pregnant.
There are few reasons a woman (expecially one hoping to conceive) would be having pregnancy symptoms when she isn't pregnant. If she's sure it's not malaria or other related ailments.
She just have to find a way to see a gyno. Matters like this should be taken serious.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Ectopic Pregnancy? by Imustexcel: 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
Luckymay:

Well, I'm not a gynecologist but, ectopic pregnancy can be detected through pts, so if they'd run the test and it's negative then the lady is not pregnant.
There are few reasons a woman (expecially one hoping to conceive) would be having pregnancy symptoms when she isn't pregnant. If she's sure it's not malaria or other related ailments.
She just have to find a way to see a gyno. Matters like this should be taken serious.
Thanks a lot. He will be better informed now. Like you said, I must urge him to take the issue serious by locating a gynecologist quickly no matter the cost

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World's Heaviest Child Who Weighs The Same As Six Boys His Age (pics) / Natural Herb Peppermint For Health And Healing (mentha Piperita) / Medication For Genital Wart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.