Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night (36597 Views)

Top Six Most Successful Women In Corporate Nigeria / 8 Things Exceptional Bosses Constantly Tell Their Employees / 8 Things I Learned From The Co-founder Of Jobberman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Goldenheart(m): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2016
Every night wink
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by mrsam1389(m): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2016
Good write up
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by cindyrocks(f): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2016
Keep your mind pure, work hard and worship God in spirit and in truth.
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by JohnieWalker(m): 7:53am On Sep 15, 2016
Op you mean after I don they stressed up after office hours cum jam the ogbonge Lagos traffic na I manage reach I go still get time to read, workout for night....op abeg put exclusive to LA, Manhattan residents

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by xtreme07(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2016
Mariojane:
1. Read to learn.

Growth requires learning, and the more topics you're engaged and interested in, the more effective you can be. But there's rarely time during the workday to feed your mind or learn something new. If you set aside some time to read in the evening, you'll find it's a relaxing way to expand your horizons. As a bonus, it can help you make the transition to a great night's sleep, as long as you read from a book or an e-book with digital ink rather than the screen of a computer or smart device.

2. Spend time with people you care about.

One of the very best ways to nurture yourself is to spend time in the company of people you deeply connect with and care about. These are the people who bring out the best in you, the ones whose support and caring can fuel you through hard times. It doesn't matter if it's friends or family, and it doesn't matter what you do--watching a movie together, taking a walk, or sharing a meal. The point is spending time together.

3. Make time to do nothing.

We spend so much of our time in busy-ness. The best antidote is to spend some time not doing anything. Turn off the screens and the sounds, find a quiet corner, and quiet your mind. You can choose to engage in structured meditation or prayer or just concentrate on your breath. A few moments set aside will center you and keep you focused, and it also promotes good sleep.

4. Take stock.

The end of the day is a great time to take stock of what's been happening. Some people journal, others do a mental walk-through. Either way, ask yourself what's working and what's not, what needs your attention, what developments are significant. It's a natural time to check in, and it keeps key concepts at the top of your mind as you prepare for the next morning.

5. Work out.

Especially if you've spent the entire day at your desk, don't go to bed until you've found a way to move your body. Many people find a hard workout at the gym too stimulating for the evening hours, but a long walk, a yoga class, or even some simple stretches will help your body and leave you relaxed rather than revved up.

6. Reset to refresh.

If an active day of work and decision making leave you drained, find a ritual to help you reset your body and your thoughts so you can symbolically leave it behind instead of carrying today's problems into tomorrow. It may be that one of the habits we've already discussed--especially exercise and meditation--covers this base. If not, try to create a habit that will signal your brain to reset, like taking a bath or having a cup of herbal tea.

7. Get organized.

Do as much as you can in the evening to organize and prepare for the morning. It creates a ritual you can walk through--prepare the coffee, pack anything you need to take with you, set out your clothes. You'll sleep better knowing that the next day is likely to have a calm, effective start.

8. Express gratitude.

Making gratitude a nightly touchstone helps keep you content and happy. You may build it into another practice, like journaling or meditation, or just take a moment to jot down the top five things you're grateful for each evening. Gratitude makes you more positive and optimistic, which in turn helps more good things happen.

Good evening habits are all about unwinding and balance and letting go of the pressures of the day. It's something that pays you back twice--giving you a relaxed, pleasant evening and a more energetic, productive following day.

http://www.inc.com/lolly-daskal/what-the-most-successful-people-do-in-the-evening.html
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Metroman7: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2016
skywalker495:
Story! Story!! Story!!!

Using Oyinbo style on top this economy...
Op receive sense

That it might not work for you doesnt mean it wont work for thers.
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by dukeo(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2016
herzern:
Ion even aqree with the list....

Totally!!! I'm sure people like dangote didn't and doesn't work out talk more of at night angry

@ Op read these your points again grin grin
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by freeman95(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2016
Bullshit..

Noone can tell anyone how to be successful, its all based on opportunity and personal traits!!

All these points na one man 'opinion' theres so many road to success
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by dukeo(m): 7:59am On Sep 15, 2016
soberdrunk:
............. And who is the "successful" person that gave us this information and what are his/her achievements? angry angry

Lol nice question mate
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by victorazy(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2016
proffAlhamaja:
What do u mean Naira landers are useless and unsuccessful for that manage the 20yr ban.. grin angry

grin o boy no come put me for trouble o grin
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Pastev1(m): 8:34am On Sep 15, 2016
I must appreciate your effort dear, this's wonderful. more grace!
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by ericmor: 8:41am On Sep 15, 2016
MKO4ever:
1. Read to learn.
4. Take stock.
5. Work out.
6. Reset to refresh
7. Get organized
8. Express gratitude.
You mean they don't
1. Pray
2. Eat
3. Disect their wife and/or principalities
4. Listen to channels news
5. And Sleep

He mean 8 of the things they do and not all the things they do. And for your information, some of them don't even have d time to listen to news at night or fall asleep even before praying.
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by lonelydora: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2016
ReddLabel:
When you see people that would be great in life, you can easily identify them. They move around with this aura that you can't but notice. The points as listed by the op are some of the attributes of a successful/potential successful man.

Give yourself to learning, it helps a greater deal

I expected to see a red label in your dp
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by n1bogo: 8:49am On Sep 15, 2016
Nice one there. I' ll emulate.
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by neksummi(m): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2016
Nice one
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by uvalued(m): 9:04am On Sep 15, 2016
Mariojane:
1. Read to learn.

Growth requires learning, and the more topics you're engaged and interested in, the more effective you can be. But there's rarely time during the workday to feed your mind or learn something new. If you set aside some time to read in the evening, you'll find it's a relaxing way to expand your horizons. As a bonus, it can help you make the transition to a great night's sleep, as long as you read from a book or an e-book with digital ink rather than the screen of a computer or smart device.

One of the very best ways to nurture yourself is to spend time in the company of people you deeply connect with and care about. These are the people who bring out the best in you, the ones whose support and caring can fuel you through hard times. It doesn't matter if it's friends or family, and it doesn't matter what you do--watching a movie together, taking a walk, or sharing a meal. The point is spending time together.

We spend so much of our time in busy-ness. The best antidote is to spend some time not doing anything. Turn off the screens and the sounds, find a quiet corner, and quiet your mind. You can choose to engage in structured meditation or prayer or just concentrate on your breath. A few moments set aside will center you and keep you focused, and it also promotes good sleep.

4. Take stock.

The end of the day is a great time to take stock of what's been happening. Some people journal, others do a mental walk-through. Either way, ask yourself what's working and what's not, what needs your attention, what developments are significant. It's a natural time to check in, and it keeps key concepts at the top of your mind as you prepare for the next morning.

5. Work out.

Especially if you've spent the entire day at your desk, don't go to bed until you've found a way to move your body. Many people find a hard workout at the gym too stimulating for the evening hours, but a long walk, a yoga class, or even some simple stretches will help your body and leave you relaxed rather than revved up.

6. Reset to refresh.

If an active day of work and decision making leave you drained, find a ritual to help you reset your body and your thoughts so you can symbolically leave it behind instead of carrying today's problems into tomorrow. It may be that one of the habits we've already discussed--especially exercise and meditation--covers this base. If not, try to create a habit that will signal your brain to reset, like taking a bath or having a cup of herbal tea.

7. Get organized.

Do as much as you can in the evening to organize and prepare for the morning. It creates a ritual you can walk through--prepare the coffee, pack anything you need to take with you, set out your clothes. You'll sleep better knowing that the next day is likely to have a calm, effective start.

8. Express gratitude.

Making gratitude a nightly touchstone helps keep you content and happy. You may build it into another practice, like journaling or meditation, or just take a moment to jot down the top five things you're grateful for each evening. Gratitude makes you more positive and optimistic, which in turn helps more good things happen.

Good evening habits are all about unwinding and balance and letting go of the pressures of the day. It's something that pays you back twice--giving you a relaxed, pleasant evening and a more energetic, productive following day.

http://www.inc.com/lolly-daskal/what-the-most-successful-people-do-in-the-evening.html
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by supereagle(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Habits of Successful people
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by komododragons: 9:15am On Sep 15, 2016
Mariojane:
1. Read to learn.

4. Take stock.

5. Work out.

6. Reset to refresh.

7. Get organized.

8. Express gratitude.

miss woman or what ever.

most successful people optimized there day and sleep in the night.

what you are talking here is full of crab and rubbish

1 Like

Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by lolamitayo: 9:21am On Sep 15, 2016
good one.
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by komododragons: 9:22am On Sep 15, 2016
JohnieWalker:
Op you mean after I don they stressed up after office hours cum jam the ogbonge Lagos traffic na I manage reach I go still get time to read, workout for night....op abeg put exclusive to LA, Manhattan residents
this are something you learn how to do during ya lifetime Right from ya early youth years and not something to be doing at night.

I do all my working at the day and sleep at night to assimilate everything not using the night to be doing all those rubbish listed above.

do the op even understand the meaning of successful undecided
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Mom007(f): 9:27am On Sep 15, 2016
victorazy:
For me

1. I pray
2. Speak to the nature and elements
3. Chat with my love one
4. Think deep
5. Bring out most difficult paper work I couldn't solve during the day.

Etc.
Bruv you have just resaid what the op has said. kudos.
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Peace2love: 9:29am On Sep 15, 2016
NICE ONE!
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Chikwado1991(m): 10:10am On Sep 15, 2016
(1) greet my family and ask them about there spent day
(2) take my shower and super
(3) watch African magic and some video game to free my mind
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Mariojane(f): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2016
lagdmark:

@Op Plesse send a copy to APC leaders
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wicked
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Mariojane(f): 10:13am On Sep 15, 2016
komododragons:
miss woman or what ever.

most successful people optimized there day and sleep in the night.

what you are talking here is full of crab and rubbish
Mr very successful man, you have right to your opinion even if you donot apply common sense. dont just open your mouth for talking sake. know when to talk and when to keep quiet
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by teamfrabidel: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2016
hmmmn!
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by SHAPINO(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2016
Nice write up bro,keep it up.
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by akanbiaa(m): 10:29am On Sep 15, 2016
HtwoOw:
Triple your hustle
Labourers do that also
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Revolva(m): 11:13am On Sep 15, 2016
angry angry angry successful peeepls bang everynight
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by komododragons: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2016
Mariojane:
Mr very successful man, you have right to your opinion even if you donot apply common sense. dont just open your mouth for talking sake. know when to talk and when to keep quiet
with ya level of reasoning.

I guest you are successful!
Re: 8 Things The Most Successful People Do Every Night by Toluwaferan(f): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2016
Nice write up nd for those dat aren't satisfied wit it add urs nd put it into practice... it'll help a great deal. Thanks@Op

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience With A Pervert Manager / Ask Me Questions About Careers In The Military / What Jobs Are Available For A Graduate Of Political Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.