Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa (3245 Views)

JJ Omojuwa, Debola Williams, Fela Durutoye React To Stealing Nigeria's Future / Omojuwa Reacts To Police Shooting Charly Boy And Protesters With Water Canon / The Opportunity Costs Of Militancy In The Niger Delta, An Exposé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by MaBuk(f): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
I felt led to drop this note against the fact that some Nigerians, especially on social media, just do not get it.

My criticisms of President Buhari and his administration are often met with statements like, “come and collect your Wailers form,” or “Wailers form has finished,” or “welcome our new wailer” or “Aso Rock has delayed your alert” amongst other predictable inanities. It has become necessary to define the context of some of the terms in the subject matter.

It is the right and responsibility of every citizen to hold the government accountable, this right does not suffer any limitation based on whether you voted for the government in power or not, it is your fundamental human right. Citizens who genuinely care about their country never fail to do same. Holding government accountable includes calling out public officers when they are wrong, continually demanding for transparency and accountability in the running of government and putting the government to task at all times. Take what the Bring Back Our Girls advocacy group are doing for instance, that is a classic way to hold your government accountable. You demand for your rights and that of others until at times you are seen as a pest.

Being a government critic is being a government critic irrespective of who the head of government is. When the government gets it wrong, it is your responsibility as a citizen to call them out. As usual, the so called Wailing Wailers decided to go petty yesterday after I called out the Buhari government saying, “Change begins with selling the presidential jets. ONLY a genuinely rich country should think of having up to 3. We have about 10 jets.” Now, irrespective of who is president, Nigeria has no business owning and maintaining 10 jets for the presidency. This particular statement came on the heels of the “Change-Begins-With-Me” campaign launched by the Buhari administration. An unnecessary campaign in my opinion and the reason for this position has since been treated on my @Omojuwa twitter timeline. No, criticizing the government does not make me a wailer, it makes me a normal citizen.

I do not know what was going through Mr. Femi Adesina’s head when he called out a group as “wailing wailers” but I do not know that its definition cannot wrap up everyone who rises in criticism against president Buhari. The reason is simple and intuitive enough. If you spent five years deifying and praising a largely corrupt and clueless Goodluck Jonathan administration, an administration whose high point was the fact that it left in peace when it got voted out by the Nigerian people, how do you justify your intentions on the altar of national interest when you suddenly realize just months into a new administration you were already calling for miracles, the miracles you did not expect with record breaking oil prices?

A wailing wailer is different from a regular critic in that the regular critic sees something wrong and points it out, he or she even gets to point out ideas to make change happen and the position of the regular critic does not change just because the head of government has changed. The wailing wailer is one who does not care about anything other than to show that Nigerians were wrong to have voted Goodluck Jonathan out. Period. For them, it is about proving a point; you all were wrong to have voted Jonathan out. If you regularly see those who voted Buhari often posting messages like, “even though Buhari is not impressing me, I do not regret voting Jonathan out,” that is because these wailing wailers wake up dialy reminding people they should never have sacked Goodluck Jonathan. For them, it is about nothing but Goodluck Jonathan.

This is why all of us cannot be wailers. Like I tweeted in July after another round of criticisms against the Buhari administration and the so called wailers came with their, “oya come and take form” pettiness again, “I am NOT a Wailer. I do not criticise govt because I hate those who run it or because I am not crying over spilled milk, I just want a better country, irrespective of who is president.

Source: http://omojuwa.com/2016/09/jj-omojuwa-expose-critics-versus-wailing-wailers/

Cc: Mynd44, OAM4J

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by todayboy: 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Omojuwa go and die

Buhari will soon arrest you

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by onatisi(m): 1:55pm On Sep 09, 2016
Rubbish ,make this guy go siddon. Where was his brains when he was shouting sai Baba and change change then,now that buhari and apc have changed to him he is busy lamenting. We dont need ppl like omojuwa in this struggle to free Nigerians from the rule of the new dictator.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Pangea: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
This guy has not gotten it yet?
If Jonathan was malaria to Nigeria
Buhari is a poison!
One thing about malaria is that it will eventually burn itself out,
But Poison?
You can't walk away from that!

By promoting and voting for Buhari
We all jointly injected Nigeria with Poison
And the death throes has started

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by agwom(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by LesbianBoy(m): 2:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
This shameless boy again? undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by UjGina: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
who get this one time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Goke7: 2:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
onatisi:
Rubbish ,make this guy go siddon. Where was his brains when he was shouting sai Baba and change change then,now that buhari and apc have changed to him he is busy lamenting. We dont need ppl like omojuwa in this struggle to free Nigerians from the rule of the new dictator.

free Nigeria to get us back into the hands of PDP abi?

1 Like

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by lovat(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
Omojuwa we know you are on nairaland so e gba form yi

Firefire ati Aljharem ti fu mi lowo form yi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by seunmsg(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
I do not criticise govt because I hate those who run it or because I am not crying over spilled milk, I just want a better country, irrespective of who is president.

Well said JJ. Everybody can't become emotional wailers who wail simply because they hate the president. We will continue to support the good policies of the government and criticise the inappropriate decisions. At the end of the day, a better and more prosperous Nigeria is what we desire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Firefire(m): 2:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Yeye fowl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by MadamExcellency: 2:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
This guy is a definition of obdurate zombie.

He should stop trying to sound clever by half.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by tuniski: 2:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
MaBuk:
I felt led to drop this note against the fact that some Nigerians, especially on social media, just do not get it.

My criticisms of President Buhari and his administration are often met with statements like, “come and collect your Wailers form,” or “Wailers form has finished,” or “welcome our new wailer” or “Aso Rock has delayed your alert” amongst other predictable inanities. It has become necessary to define the context of some of the terms in the subject matter.

It is the right and responsibility of every citizen to hold the government accountable, this right does not suffer any limitation based on whether you voted for the government in power or not, it is your fundamental human right. Citizens who genuinely care about their country never fail to do same. Holding government accountable includes calling out public officers when they are wrong, continually demanding for transparency and accountability in the running of government and putting the government to task at all times. Take what the Bring Back Our Girls advocacy group are doing for instance, that is a classic way to hold your government accountable. You demand for your rights and that of others until at times you are seen as a pest.

Being a government critic is being a government critic irrespective of who the head of government is. When the government gets it wrong, it is your responsibility as a citizen to call them out. As usual, the so called Wailing Wailers decided to go petty yesterday after I called out the Buhari government saying, “Change begins with selling the presidential jets. ONLY a genuinely rich country should think of having up to 3. We have about 10 jets.” Now, irrespective of who is president, Nigeria has no business owning and maintaining 10 jets for the presidency. This particular statement came on the heels of the “Change-Begins-With-Me” campaign launched by the Buhari administration. An unnecessary campaign in my opinion and the reason for this position has since been treated on my @Omojuwa twitter timeline. No, criticizing the government does not make me a wailer, it makes me a normal citizen.

I do not know what was going through Mr. Femi Adesina’s head when he called out a group as “wailing wailers” but I do not know that its definition cannot wrap up everyone who rises in criticism against president Buhari. The reason is simple and intuitive enough. If you spent five years deifying and praising a largely corrupt and clueless Goodluck Jonathan administration, an administration whose high point was the fact that it left in peace when it got voted out by the Nigerian people, how do you justify your intentions on the altar of national interest when you suddenly realize just months into a new administration you were already calling for miracles, the miracles you did not expect with record breaking oil prices?

A wailing wailer is different from a regular critic in that the regular critic sees something wrong and points it out, he or she even gets to point out ideas to make change happen and the position of the regular critic does not change just because the head of government has changed. The wailing wailer is one who does not care about anything other than to show that Nigerians were wrong to have voted Goodluck Jonathan out. Period. For them, it is about proving a point; you all were wrong to have voted Jonathan out. If you regularly see those who voted Buhari often posting messages like, “even though Buhari is not impressing me, I do not regret voting Jonathan out,” that is because these wailing wailers wake up dialy reminding people they should never have sacked Goodluck Jonathan. For them, it is about nothing but Goodluck Jonathan.

This is why all of us cannot be wailers. Like I tweeted in July after another round of criticisms against the Buhari administration and the so called wailers came with their, “oya come and take form” pettiness again, “I am NOT a Wailer. I do not criticise govt because I hate those who run it or because I am not crying over spilled milk, I just want a better country, irrespective of who is president.

Source: http://omojuwa.com/2016/09/jj-omojuwa-expose-critics-versus-wailing-wailers/

Trash from aisha's jollof eater!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by onatisi(m): 2:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
Goke7:

free Nigeria to get us back into the hands of PDP abi?

1 Like

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Goke7: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=49211327][/quote]

Fayose and Mimiko are on their way out of PDP indeed.

Oga stop the diversion, we know you guys's tactics, we will be here waiting in 2019 for you guys to come and tell us to vote PDP.
Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Dcomrade(m): 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
Omojuwa ?.... grin

2 Likes

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Dcomrade(m): 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
undecided
Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Dcomrade(m): 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
Same Omojuwa smiley
Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by slyxavi(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
OMOJUWA IS A BASTARD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Jengem: 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Omojuwa the olodo

Very dull chap

Cant believe some brands use the nincompoop as influencer

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
MaBuk:
[s] I felt led to drop this note against the fact that some Nigerians, especially on social media, just do not get it.

[/s]
Doltish trash!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by timeman: 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2016
Omojuwa Take a bow & go! Wailers had been programmed to remain faced down ass up licking Gej's wounds.
This page is dedicated to all Afonja Towncriers. A great warrior who frustrated ojukwu's life.
Kiss the truth!
Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2016
I've said it and will continue to say it, PDP is full of blockheads. They criticize PMB just to make those that voted for him to regret ever doing it. If PMB does anything commendable, these wailing wailers would link it to the clueless GEJ.

1 Like

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
[s]
MaBuk:

[/s]
trying sooo hard to stay relevant
did you advised your useless self when you're running your mouth like a rapid dog you are? now karma is dealing ruthlessly with you guys and you're forming critic lol apc soo much hates brutal opposition like i said earlier because they knew the implications.
apc taught us that opposition means not being patriotic to your country to the extent that a this useless vagabond speaking called his president (GEJ) a pig
people like lair Muhammed the charlatan bastard abused the president (GEJ)
people like Elrufai the midget (a public officer) called Nigerian army Jonathanian army people like Amaechi committed a treason felony (parallel government)
now this aisha rice infested brain bastard son of a Hopeless prostitute called omojuwa is differentiating wailers from critics.
no we prefer it like that just like you guys preferred it during Gej's regime..
we'll be serving hot
no space for weakness
no space for weaklings
no space for traitors

cc
TonyeBarcanista cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by onatisi(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
I've said it and will continue to say it, PDP is full of blockheads. They criticize PMB just to make those that voted for him to regret ever doing it. If PMB does anything commendable, these wailing wailers would link it to the clueless GEJ.

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
[s]
OrlandoOwoh:
[/s]
Even the dullest pdp member is 10000 smarter than the useless incompetent, docile and dumb vagabond in Aso Rock called mumuhamado mumuharii the hopeless commander in thief of useless Buharian arm forces of this worthless country.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by hucienda: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
Medicine after death.

See him forming holier than thou critic when he was part of the fools who insulted beyond limit the Office of President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria - because he so loathed the then occupant.

Loading with vile, destructive criticisms. Now he's trying to pontificate from a desecrated altar to his fellow citizens on the other side of the political divide on constructive criticism. He's been exposed as a hypocrite and nothing but a fool.

And as for this load of toss, what an epic waste of matter in attempting pre-destined failure at damage control.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by timeman: 5:29pm On Sep 09, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
Who cares about Wailers babysitting Gej. Gej failed woefully, the record speaks for itself.
the truth has spoken!

1 Like

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 5:31pm On Sep 09, 2016
hucienda:
Medicine after death.

See him forming holier than thou critic when he was part of the fools who insulted beyond limit the Office of President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria - because he so loathed the then occupant.

Loading with vile, destructive criticisms. Now he's trying to pontificate from a desecrated altar to his fellow citizens on the other side of the political divide on constructive criticism. He's been exposed as a hypocrite and nothing but a fool.

And as for this load of toss, what an epic waste of matter in attempting pre-destined failure at damage control.
Thunder and brimstone scatter omojuwa Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter zombies Insha'Allah amin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
[s]
timeman:
Who cares about Waiers babysitting Gej. Gej failed woefully, the record speaks for itself.
the truth has spoken!
[/s]
at least you can feed well those days with 6k rice unlike now that you have to paying installments with your salary on one bag of rice. cool

2 Likes

Re: An Exposé, Critics Versus Wailing Wailers - JJ Omojuwa by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
Omojuwa earns my respect with his uncompromising stance on national issues. It is cheering that he hasn't gone mute since Buhari came into office. Those who keep tagging him a "wailer" need to see his stance as that of a patriot. He is one young man who doesn't flinch from airing his views regardless of who is in power.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Migration From The Far North; A Worrisome Trend And Future Disaster / Legislator Assures Of Speedy Passage Of 2019 Budget / Nigerian Immigration Officers Indicted For Indecent Dressing Over #bopdaddychall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.